TTC After a Loss
Options

April Healthy Check In

A place to check-in about your healthy habits-eating, exercise, mindfulness etc. Please share your tips, recipes, weight loss or whatever else regarding your healthy habits.  

Re: April Healthy Check In

• Options
    Thanks for getting us started @mack2342!

I continue on activities to de-stress and my acupuncturist said I seemed much calmer the past couple of weeks. Combine that with continued no alcohol and I’m down another 3 pounds. This no alcohol thing really has teeth, I guess I used to burn it off with exercise but I hadn’t been doing that for many months with all the fertility treatments and loss.

Hope that everyone’s April is off to a good start! 
  • Options
    @mackorori I've gone no alcohol too. Its amazing how much better I feel and sleep. I've also gone to one 8oz cup of decaf a day. I don't miss the caffeine, but I do miss sipping on a couple cups of coffee in the morning. I'll probably go to two cups of decaf while I'm WTO and back down to one in the TWW.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mackororimackorori member
    edited April 2019
    @ruby696 I also cut back on caffeine. I only really drank coffee, usually 2-3 cups AM, sometimes some in PM, but now only half a cup, if that, in the AM. Not going cold turkey helped avoid withdrawal, but I think less is better. But it’s so yummy...
  • Options
    @mackorori It's yummy and such an integral part of my morning routine, I can't give it up completely. I drank coffee while TTC over the last 19 months. My RE gave me a handout recently which touches on caffeine and miscarriage, and given my RPL, I decided I need to just stop. And of course now I wonder if I hadn't been drinking coffee... ugh. So it's decaf from now on.
  • Options
    I’m not off to a good start this month but I’ve been trying to get back to normal this week.  I’m sure the scale will not be nice Saturday but im starting fresh Sunday 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 you’ve got time this month to come back from any setbacks. I hope Sunday’s restart leaves you motivated!

I don’t know how you guys stop caffeine - I mean I’m at one cup a day girl, but I didn’t even cut that out while preg. 

Afm - continuing the workouts & trying to cut back on crap food!! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin I realized that I didn't need the caffeine as much as I needed the ritual. That's probably why decaf is working out. Good job keeping up with your workouts. I've been really bad lately.

@Mack2342 I'm in the same boat. I had a doughnut for breakfast at work today which I didn't need to eat and still did. Starting over on Sunday.
  • Options
    I really need to increase my water consumption. I have my cup with me all the time but actually drinking it doesn’t happen. I may have to download one of those apps to remind me. 

@mackorori great job on cutting out alcohol. It really does make a difference with weight loss.

@ruby696 I really should try cutting out caffeine too, but is the one cup I have in the morning really making that big of a difference? I’m not convinced 😬.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Less than 200mg a day is considered to be okay. That's a short coffee at Starbucks, since their coffee has a lot of caffeine. But I don't think one cup a day is a problem as long as you're not drinking other caffeinated drinks throughout the day.
  • Options
    I’ve continued exercising and this week switched a lot of my skincare products. Next step is to decrease caffeine and wine and continue making healthier food choices. My acupuncturist said she would make me a grocery list so that should help! For some reason eating healthy just seems so much more time consuming! I know it’s worth it, but first I have to plan, then shop, then prepare... I just need to get into a good routine. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 I only have to one cup and then water or seltzer the rest of the day. Looks like I’m good haha. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin I’ve always had one caffeinated beverage when pregnant even my one successful pregnancy.  Scale wasn’t as bad this morning.  Maybe I made some better choices to even out last weekend.  I was only up .4 so not horrible 
  • Options
    Ugh 🤦🏻‍♀️.  Up 2lbs this past week. I know I didn’t eat well, but I can contribute alot of this to water retention as it happened overnight. I’ll definitely be watching what I eat this week better as well as upping my water intake. 
  • Options
    Weighed a day early as we left for MI this morning, I stayed the same.  Guess it’s better than gaining 
  • Options
    Went for my first bike ride and really the first bit of exercise since my d&c. Felt good but now my back is killing me and my uterus feels like it's going to explode. Warm milk and Netflix tonight 
  • Options
    @40momma I’m glad you got out there!! Hopefully the next time you won’t have as much pain after
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @40momma I’m sure it felt good to do something normal.  I remember feeling sore after activity after my d & cs.  I even spotted after activity for a couple weeks when I did activity.  
  • Options
    @40momma hope you’re feeling better from your bike ride. 

Afm it’s weigh in day today and I’m down 3.2lbs from last week. I was able to drop the 2lbs I gained and then some, so I’m happy with that. I’ve increased my water a little as well, but definitely need to continue working on that. 
  • Options
    Weighed myself last night and it was not good news!! I did great with working out last week but I ate pretty much whatever I wanted. I’m back to healthy eating this week and I’m cutting out alcohol (wine) and cutting back on caffeine... just had to put it out there to keep me accountable  :D
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 nice job!

@char245 GL this week with cutting back.  I’m cutting out my evening snack this week.  
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Great job!!

@char245 I have that problem too. I feel like I can eat all the things when I exercise. 

AFM: I'm down another pound this week. Not as much as I would have liked, but I've been eating ice cream to cope with my IF treatment, so...🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 that's a nice drop! 

@char245 I hate that but do it all the time - work out and then justify eating everything in sight

Went for a 4km run and now I feel like my legs are blocks of lead. I can't lower myself onto the toilet without being in pain haha
  • Options
    I joined WW over the weekend.  I was going to wait until after my DHs marathon since he is gone every Saturday morning but they had half off 3 months and I couldn’t pass it up.  So I’m going to go during week until I can get to a Saturday.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 that’s great! WE really works for me! Wish there was a closer meeting!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I do WW and love it. I've lost 36 lbs since January. And just a heads up **tw** if you use the connect feature on the app, I swear there are more positive pregnancy tests than facebook! **end tw**  but other than that, it's great.
  • Options
    @splashmountain and @char245.  I’m actually a lifetime member just not at goal.  I stopped just before Christmas because I couldn’t make it to meetings until May.  I initially lost 50 lbs when I started it 20 years ago and maintained until I got pregnant with son 4 yrs ago 
  • Options
    @splashmountain that's great progress! 

I went for another run today and felt much better than last time. Slowly getting back on track
  • Options
    Thanks @40momma I joined with my mom and sister so that's been a huge motivator. I'm glad you're feeling better about yesterday's run 😊
  • Options
    Last week at weigh in I gained 1.8 and tonight I lost 1.8 so I can't complain about that  :D