November 2018 Moms

APRIL Chit Chat and Updates

Re: APRIL Chit Chat and Updates

• also, it’s my cat’s (see avatar) birthday. he’s 12!
  • i will try to post relevant stuff at some point today or tomorrow! miss you all! in the meanwhile, a couple more april fools’ gifs:

• Loading the player...
  • @highsteaks Happy birthday to your kitty!

I think M has another ear infection in the opposite ear that he had the other one in. He just finished antibiotics on Wednesday. Sigh. I'm over it all. 
  • Today Penny's 4 months old. She handled the shots relatively well at her appointment, but it's now simultaneously tired but won't relax without being held. She keeps opening her eyes to make sure I'm holding her, lol.
  • M has another ear infection in the same ear. Sigh. He is following ds1's pattern. I may be taking him for tubes sooner than later, because I dont want to get caught up in the repeat antibiotics game. 
  • @mockingjay1 happy 5 months to Spencer! i’m sorry to hear that he’s not sleeping well like he used to. any theories as to why that may be?

@wildrainbow ugh, that sucks that M’s getting double ear infections.  how many has it been so far? will your doc wait until some specific number, or will M be able to get tubes put in sooner?

@hollyeva lol, i can imagine penny keeping an eye on you. very cute. hope she’s bounced back by now.
  • i need some champagne to pop, because all of the bills from my pregnancy, and the twins’ birth, nicu stay, and various hospital tests have finally been settled. half of them required going back and forth with various doctors’ offices and our insurance rep to correct the balance due. to top it off, there was also that fun time when our pedi office suddenly decided to stop honoring the in-network rate, so we received a huge surprise bill in the mail after a boatload of checkups and vaccines; then apparently our insurance rep got into a heated stand off with the woman in charge of billing (m) at the pedi’s office. m told her we needed to find a different provider. wtf at that woman. anyways, insurance eventually found the original contract which was inconveniently stored at some third-party group, and it’s supposedly straighted out (knock on wood). headache-inducing, all of it.

i think the twins have mostly come out of the 4-month wakeful growth spurt, but lately i’ve got insomnia most nights. and, of course, when i finally start getting sleepy again, it never fails that one of my girls wakes up. anyone else get periods of insomnia? is this hormone-related? 

the twins are rolling belly to back pretty well. elise can slowly do back to belly but it’s like watching a sloth, lol. emilia is thiiiis close to mini push-ups. they’re both just starting to grab for their toys, and also i’ve seen a couple times that they’ll try to replace their pacis on their own (woohoo). it’s been so cool watching them increasingly interact with each other. pic of them holding hands:

we celebrated dd1’s birthday yesterday. can i aw pics of the totoro cake and cupcakes i made? i’m really proud of how they turned out.

• wildrainbowwildrainbow member
    edited April 2019
    @highsteaks The twins holding hands is everything! The cupcakes and cake look amazing, you did an awesome job. I was I could decorate cakes like that. 

AFM: M screamed last night until after 1 am. I cried. I got 3 hours of sleep. I'm so very tired this morning. 
    M has another eval with EI on the 18th. He is not reaching for toys or rolling over, etc. Looks like he is following in his brother's foot steps. When we went to the Dr for his ear, he weighed 13lb5oz. He's gained a pound in 2 weeks! I hope it's enough that we don't need to add formula supplementation on top of everything else. I can't believe that on the 15th, he will 6 months old. It's been the shortest and longest 6 months of my life. 

ETA: wanted to add these pics. I caught him sucking his toes the other day, after took his sock off. 

• @wildrainbow i had a weird bump hiccup and couldn’t post what i typed, but i took a screenshot before i refreshed. however, i’m feeling too lazy to retype, so i’m just going to post the screenshot lol 

the bump has been extra wonky for me lately.
  • I think M is about to cut his first tooth. I can't believe it's happening already. I really feel like he's to young, even tho I know he's almost 6 months. 
    Yes, @highsteaks, he's not wanted to work on any physical stuff because he's felt so bad. He just got to where he could lift his head up for a bit on his tummy. 
  • @highsteaks - no clue why Spencer isn't sleeping well. We were up 4x last night and I'm so tired. I just keep reminding myself how much we prayed for him and what a good reason for not getting sleep I have. This too shall pass. Those cupcakes and that cake are amazing!! You should be proud! The girls are adorable and holding hands? Melting!

@wildrainbow I'm sorry M still has an ear infection. I hope it gets better soon and he doesn't need tubes, but if he does they do it sooner rather than later. I hope the upcoming EI appointment goes well. M is a cutie! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @wildrainbow how is everyone doing? 

@mockingjay1 that’s such a sweet perspective. it’s astounding the depth of love possible for little people who run us ragged. 
  • @mockingjay1 I hope you can figure out the sleep issues, I know first-hand how frustrating it is to survive lack of sleep. Is it possible he's teething?

@highsteaks We are ok. I forgot how awful thefirst tooth is. It takes forever to come in and it's painful for both mom ama baby. On the plus side, I think the antibiotics are helping the ear infection, which is nice. Everyone brace yourself, we are finally moving into size 2 diapers! This last week, he's practically outgrown the ones. It sucks because I have a whole unopened box, lol. I'm going to see if I can exchange it. I'm just happy because our means there is growth happening!! Yay!
  • @wildrainbow the thought of baby teeth definitely brings on some ptsd from last time. yeowtch. can you see/feel the tooth yet? i keep checking mine for some because they chew on their hands and drool everywhere, but i don’t see anything yet. 
        do you still have a receipt from that box of diapers? i think as long as it’s not open and you have the receipt, shouldn’t have a problem returning it.
  • M had his 6 month appt today (holy crap, I have a 6 month old already) and he's on the growth chart! I knew that he would be, he's following the same growth pattern as his brother. He weighed 14lbs5oz, he gained 2lbs in a month! Hopefully his GI is happy with his progress. We go back to them on Friday. 
  • How is everyone? It's been more quiet than usual around here. 
  • ‘ello! i took all three girls to visit my in-laws/hometown last week. dh had to stay home, so the trip was a bit much for me and i’m still in recovery! soooo much traffic both ways, and then nobody could sleep well at the house. i think i got 2-3 hours sleep each night of the 7 we were there. i really wish we had just stayed home. but that’s a can of worms more than just terrible sleep.

we transitioned from the rocknplays, coincidentally a week or so before the recall. then we had to buy a second crib because the twins had just gotten too wiggly to share anymore. the overall transition has been so brutal and is taking much much longer than i thought it would.

the twins had their six month check up this afternoon, and i’ve already forgotton how much they weighed. somewhere around 11.5 and 13 lbs i believe. they also got shots and have been rightfully cranky since. i’m selfishly hoping they sleep it off all night tonight so i can get some good sleep.

no major milestones to report. they are shaking and smacking toys around. emilia has started this really creepy squeal/scream lately, and if you’re all caught up on game of thrones and you recall the zombie kid scene from the last episode... yea, that’s exactly the noise. terrifying.

i was near meltdown mode with my wardrobe this morning. all my old stuff fits terribly weird and i have no time to shop for better stuff. i need like a post-partum stylist/personal shopper, and also the money to pay for such a ridiculous luxury.