Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 4/15

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's it going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less?

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 4/15

• Ok- I am going to make an effort to check in here! I am on the road to dropping some excess weight & getting healthy while TTC. This week I am going to hit the gym 3 days. I have been consistently going 2 days; time to get moving a little more. 

GTKY: Unfortunately, the dreaded Facebook. Always nosing around, like I am missing out on something interesting. :blush:
  • @omg1108 - that's a great goal to set!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? not eating sweets, drinking more water, and exercising

How's it going? No sweets- good. I didn't have any this week. Easter is this weekend and that means a cheat day. I hope I don't go overboard.

Drinking more water- much better! Not hitting the goal every day, but it's definitely an improvement

Exercising- Good! I went to the gym 5 times last week.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I was able to increase my weight load on almost all of my lifting exercises.

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Instagram and Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • @spacemountaineer Great job increasing your weight! That's a great feeling!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Keeping on track with diet/workouts with FighterDiet! 

How's it going? Okay! I slipped up on Friday night. Went out with DH and one of my best friends and I tried to be healthy but decided to have way too many drinks! It was much needed because I was definitely a CD1 bear lol. Saturday I was licking my wounds and instead of getting a greasy burger to recover I ended up making my oat bran waffles lol.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Jumping back on track instead of getting completely derailed lol.

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Instagram for sure! 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @spacemountaineer great job on increasing your weights and making it to the gym 5 times! I really need to increase my water intake.

@omg1180 it’s good to set smaller goals so it’s not overwhelming. 

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Losing weight on weight watchers

How's it going? Good! It’s been super helpful for me to focus on eating right.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I lost 3.2lbs

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Fb. I’m terrible and have no self control. 

• What healthy habit/s are you working on? Eating less, flossing

How's it going? Poor I've gained a few pounds in the last few months and now would like to lose at least 10 pounds. Fell off the flossing train 2 weeks ago.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I recognized that my weight is not going in a good direction. That's about it lol

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Probably Facebook. A social media break might be a good thing.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • What healthy habit/s are you working on? Losing weight with Weight Watchers.

How's it going? Not so hot right now. I worked 2 extra long shifts this weekend, and my exhaustion and allergy flareup have me not as motivated. 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I've been drinking tons and tons of water! 

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Definitely Facebook.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Sorry I'm a day late... I was so tired yesterday I couldn't function.... It was super tough staying awake at work  :smile:

@spacemountaineer that's amazing!!!  So happy you're sticking with your goals and that you've been able to increase your weight... such a great feeling, right?!  I love "no-scale victories"

@brookert615 you deserve to cut loose from time to time!  Good for you for getting back on track right away!

@kbrown2385 3.2 lbs in one week?! That's amazing!!!   Keep it up, girl!!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Making good eating choices, Keeping up with drinking a decent amount of water (I've been starting each morning off with warm lemon water) and staying active with my gym routines!  I've also started making overnight oats and I have found that I LOVE them!  I've never been an oatmeal person but I'm really loving these.  

Also, not sure this really counts as "healthy" but making the bed every single day!  I know we're supposed to do it anyway but I've not always been the best at it.  It makes such a difference and really helps to mentally set the day up for success.  Ya know... starting the day off feeling accomplished!

How's it going? Pretty good!  Made the bed both days this week so far.  Starting my days off with warm lemon water has been doing wonders. You drink it first thing in the morning and then don't eat anything after for at least a half hour. It helps flush out your system first thing and boosts your metabolism. I feel "lighter" if that makes sense.  The overnight oats are doing wonders too...I eat half in the morning and then the other half in the afternoon and I am full all day until dinner time.  They are crazy good for you too!  

Anyone else make overnight oats? I'd love to hear your favorite recipes...

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Feeling really good physically and so happy to be seeing tone and definition to my muscles... I've been working on them so much lately and I'm finally seeing it pay off.

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Definitely Facebook.

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Making the bed is a great habit! Glad you are feeling good physically! 
    TW
  • What healthy habit/s are you working on?

-Getting my resting heart rate down. I have POTS, so I'm hoping to improve this condition as well.
    -Getting more fit/strong in general.
    -Eating more whole foods. Eating less refined ones.

How's it going?
    Not too bad. I had a couple of slip-ups on the food (my husband brought home some semi-unhealthy food that I couldn't resist).

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?
    Improved my time on the elliptical and got in two hikes.

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less?
    Probably this website, to be honest. :) I don't really use a lot of apps on my phone (besides my fitbit tracking).

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Good morning! Well, I made it to the gym last night. I only did 35 minutes on the elliptical, because I was not feeling so well. The progesterone has my stomach very upset, and I am extremely drowsy. I failed at logging my food yesterday, but I went in this morning and logged; also pre-logged what I packed for breakfast and lunch. I use the itrackbites app with the old WW points plus program. 
    Another mini-goal: logging food

@spacemountaineer What is going to be your biggest hurdle on Easter? I think Easter food is just so heavy. I can cope on Thanksgiving by filling my plate with turkey, but not ham. yuck.

@brookert615 I get it completely. It was my boyfriend's birthday on Friday, and we were out too. It has been a while since we whooped it up, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. 

@kbrown2385 Congratulations on your awesome loss!

@inthewoods23 I am with you on the "wrong direction". I make small strides, and then bam! I have not gotten on the scale in over a month, because I am too scared. 
  • @brookert615 Yeah so I had two drinks when we were in NOLA this weekend & they were spaced out over time, like hours in between, so I was okay--had they been closer together though, wooo. I went to bed way earlier than every one else who'd been drinking through the day haha, though, bc stopping drinking plus that I had two drinks really wiped me out. Anyway, I feel like if it's early in the cycle and I don't normallllly drink it's all fine. Treat yrself when you can!

@kpearse99 I am also a day late & I created the thread!  :D

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Drinking enough water, getting back into yoga.

How's it going? Okay--not as many small or big wins lately as I'd like. Going to get some yoga in today, but didn't yesterday--way too hard on CD1.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? 5/7 days I met my water goal!

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? Instagram! And... Harry Potter: A Hogwarts Mystery (I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, game creators, get on with itttt. I don't need any more pets... though I do like my new Tonks-inspired hairdo and the dance outfit I wear to my classes like every day...[see spoiler])

The Original Kages Starshroom (& her owl friend Loki)...

• @omg1108 The good thing is you made it to the gym! Great job still pushing through even though you weren't feeling so well.

@kagesstarshroom Glad you got some yoga in today! Totally agree with treating yourself! I might just say "WHATEVER HAPPENS ON CD1 STAYS IN CD1"  :D
    TW
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited April 2019

@spacemountaineer - wow it sounds like you're doing great with the gym and increasing weights!

@MrsVP614 - ughh good job on the water, I don't know why it's so hard for me to just drink the damn water that's sitting on my desk all day!

@kpearse99 - I love overnight oats! I should get back in that habit. I always read that hot lemon water in the AM is so good for you! I don't think I've heard a review from someone who's not a celebrity or running a wellness website and hearing it from a regular person (assuming you're not a famous person with a wellness website ;)  ) makes it seem more intriguing to me! Also love the making the bed habit! I know I would just feel better every day coming home from work if I walked into my room and the bed was made.

@kagesstarshroom - Yeah I try not to do yoga on the first 2 or 3 days of AF, in a yoga teacher training I took a few years ago I learned that it's not good to any inversions (even downward dog) in the first few days, and I had always heard that from some of my more "traditional" yoga teachers...can't say it's a medically proven fact but it stuck with me!

@brookert1615 - hahaha I'm stealing that CD1 philosophy!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? -- yoga/barre 4-5 times a week which won't happen this week b/c of our trip last weekend and I'm working this coming weekend but generally going well...and also trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night whenever possible!

How's it going? -- The weekend was terrible but the last two nights I did 7 hours and 7 hours/15mins.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? -- I got up for my Friday 6am yoga class which I really do enjoy doing so I don't know why I slack sometimes!

GTKY: What app are you on the most on your phone but wish you could be on less? -- Instagram! Or Twitter which I use a lot to check on news/political commentary for work...but I've been pretty good about following my strict rule to not look at Twitter on weekends.

• @kagesstarshroom Awesome job on the yoga! I really want to get into it, but I find it so difficult. All the reasons yoga is so good for you, are the reasons I struggle. I can not focus or relax. Lol

@whitealbum29 I have never tried barre! I used to go to a pilates studio for reformer classes and that was the best shape I have ever been in! I loved it. Unfortunately, it was quite a drive & very expensive. 

@flowntheloop I love my fitbit app. I am looking forward to the newest fitbit coming out.

Two days down of tracking & exercise. I think tonight will be an off night from the gym so I can get caught up on house stuff & food prep for the next couple days. 
  • My E-Z Curl Bar I ordered like forever ago is officially at my doorstep. Super excited because I do love my barbell but it's kind of heavy for certain arm workouts lol. 

@whitealbum29 Glad you're hitting your sleep goal! 

@omg1108 Enjoy your rest day! Great job tracking!
    TW
  • @omg1108 Honestly, I am super bad at the focusing and relaxing parts lol, but having a video yoga instructor whom I LIKE is really helpful because they are good at reminding me to focus on my body--so I consider it, like, time I am spending with my body. (I understand lol that I spend lots of time w/ my body, like, oh, my whole life, but like--I never focus on it?) Anyway, and that extends into the rest of my life. Like, I just noticed I am sitting in a really whack way in this chair, and should sit up straighter, etc... The two teachers whose vids I watch most often are Adriene and Bad Yogi. I started with Bad Yogi--they are both on YouTube. They each have a few different "30 day challenges" and Adriene is doing a 7 day challenge coming up (I saw it advertised on her IG). That's how I started, doing one of those challenges, if you really want to try to get into it! 

@whitealbum29 I could see how that could be an issue for women with heavy flows over the first few days! I *always* have a heavy CD1, medium CD2, and then light until it's gone the rest of the days, so hopefully, if it's true, the couple of down dogs I did yesterday on CD2 were fine, and I should be fine for today's session. ^_^*
  • @omg1108 - It's a cheat day for DH and me which means we can have junk food. I have a tendency to overeat on my cheat days. 

I love reading all of your "small wins"! Keep it up ladies!
  • @spacemountaineer I made eggplant parmesan in the air fryer for me & my guy gets pasta & meatballs tonight.  I will eat the pasta tomorrow when I know I am hitting the gym.  Little win 🥰
  • For a taste of what I mean when I say in the dailies that we're "eating healthy"... here is a photo of the (accidentally vegan) dinner I made for us! Cauliflower & glass noodle coconut curry w/ edamame & pinto beans, sprinkled w/ parsley and cilantro from our garden. Oh and part of my vitamin regimen is also pictured. 

• @kagesstarshroom That sounds and looks so delicious! I ended up getting a little platter of cocktail shrimp for dinner lol. 

TW
  • You guys are so fancy. I had cottage cheese and pineapple 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Jumping in! I'm working on exercising regularly and eating healthier. Trying to lose some weight. I walk/run every other day right now, and last night I made gnocchi in homemade pesto with steamed broccoli. I don't think it was my husband's favorite, but that's okay -- that just means I have leftovers to take for lunch today.
  • @chellisam - mmm that sounds delicious! I love pesto.
  • @whitealbum29 haha I am certainly NOT a celebrity with a wellness program!  Just your average lady finding a new love for drinking warm lemon water in the morning!  :D Do it!  You'll seriously start to feel a difference in a few days!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 My mom SWEARS by warm lemon water.