Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 4/15

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What are your plans for Easter?

Re: TFAS w/o 4/15

• Loading the player...
  • @kpearse99 Aww that is so sweet!  That gives me some hope.  My son (2.5) has recently started telling me he's not a baby, he's a big boy and I'm so not ready for the day he doesn't want to snuggle me anymore.

@madcouplewithabox So sorry about the BFN.  

@marebear15 I'm not sure if I feel better or worse that it's happening to other people besides me.  Get it together, TB!  Ugh!  Also, glad you solved your DD's wake-up mystery!!!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @marebear15 so glad you guys figured out that DD was hungry!!  Full bellies certainly help them sleep longer!  

@habitzjo I am so sorry to hear about YH's accident, that's so scary but it seems like the long recovery road is finally winding down?  How is he now?  I love the Easter basket idea for little party favors!! I hope your DS has a great birthday weekend!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• edited April 2019
    @habitzjo That's awful about YH's accident!  And I'm sorry about your OPK breaking.  I definitely feel you on the first being so easy and this time being so difficult.
    **TW: loss
    I've had 2 losses TFAS and I look back at how easy it was conceiving DS and can't help but wonder if we waited too long to start having kids.  :-/ 
    I hope it happens soon for you!

ETA spoiler
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• kpearse99 thanks for asking, Total freak accident, DH lost rotation in his elbow, and needs another surgery, he can't lay his hand flat. He has to type with just his left pinky, it's so sad in this computer age. DH has been so positive through everything, never complains. I just hope he can get it back at some point.

shamrocandroll thanks! You too! Also, people are so unreal with the inappropriate comments. Stop commenting on people's bodies! IT IS NONE of your Business.

kbrown2385 sounds fun, hope you have a fun vacation.

• edited April 2019
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4

WTO/TWW? Waiting for FF to confirm O

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? If I do get pregnant great, if not I'm not going to be disappointed. 

*TW* pregnancy mentioned (do I need a TW for that on TFAS? I was wondering as it says "Pregnancy may also be mentioned" in the op)
    My sister told the family this weekend she's pregnant. She experienced secondary infertility with her second kid (this will be her third). I can honestly say that I am excited for her. She's due in November, so it would be fun to be about a month behind her. I'm not really feeling any additional pressure which is nice. I hope I won't feel any pressure when I go down for my brother's wedding next weekend. All of my siblings have dealt with infertility on some level so chances are slim it would come from any of them. 

Any questions? Not that I can think of.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Funny story- DS has learned to recognize when I get an OPK/HPT  it means I'm going to use the bathroom. I went to the kitchen and snipped off top of the packaging of my opk. DS ran to the bathroom, lifted up the lid of the toilet, and said, "Have fun!"  Umm... Thanks buddy. :smile:

DS slept through the night twice in a row last week. It felt wonderful. It seems to require at least two hours of interactions with other people besides mom and two hours of outdoor play time.  Unfortunately, he went to bed an hour late on Saturday night and woke up an hour early on Sunday morning. He was a crank yesterday and we put him down for an hour nap yesterday. Well he didn't go to sleep until almost 3 hours past his bed time thanks to that tiny little nap. I thought last night of course he's going to sleep in. Nope! He was up at his usual time and he is super whiny this morning. It looks like the cycle is starting all over again. It's frustrating because he hasn't required this many naps in months. 

GTKY: What are your plans for Easter? Easter egg hunt at DS's preschool, Community Easter egg hunt (These will be his first egg hunts with other kids. I'm curious to see how these are going to go), church, and dinner with in-laws. 

Edit: Added TW and clarification in italics
  • @spacemountaineer I still use a TW.  At least a few of the women here have also experienced a loss, and pregnancy can still be a trigger during fragile times.  I know I get a little bit of a sting when I see someone about as pregnant as I should be right now.  When in doubt, always better to TW it.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll - I'll confess, I wrote my post before reading yours. I'll add it next time.

@kpearse99 - enjoy your Easter-filled weekend!

@madcouplewithabox - way to be on top of things by already having the DD's basket done.

@habitzjo - I'm sorry you're struggling. That would be hard to be in a place where you see positive results everyday. 

@kbrown2385 - glad the results came back normal!

I'm sorry I tend to post on Mondays and go quiet the rest of the week. I do read what you write (I can't "love tit" as I am often on my phone). Sometimes this thread grows really quickly and I get overwhelmed. 
  • @shamrocandroll - I feel a little better knowing that it's happening to other people, because hopefully it's not because of a loss. Maybe?

@habitzjo - Welcome to our corner of the TTGP world. If you have a second, we'd love for you to intro on our Newbie thread for this week. I'm sorry that YH's injury has made TTC #2 harder. I feel like a lot of people on here had an easy time with #1 are having a harder time with #2. (Both have been difficult for us, so I'm the weird one.)

@kbrown2385 - An Airbnb in NC sounds like a lovely way to spend your Easter! Where in NC are you going?

@spacemountaineer - A TW is still welcome on here. I can get pretty ragey or just plain sad when I hear about other people's pregnancies. That's so adorable about YS!
  • @marebear15 I'm wondering if it's because I've belonged to a BMB before?  Hopefully not because we've had losses, because that would be even more infuriating!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I highly doubt it will work. Our timing was either +1 or +2 since I was sick during the FW. I'm ok with that though.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: I spent way too much money this weekend. I have really slacked on cooking/meal prepping while I was sick and we wasted so much food. We also ate out a ton. So I made a big grocery trip over the weekend and am going to get back into meal prepping. I also bought a dress for my brother's wedding in June (well 3 dresses, 2 for work) and some clearance shoes for DD to grow into.

GTKY: What are your plans for Easter? Saturday is DD first day of gymnastics then we will do the egg hunt in our neighborhood. In the evening we will head out of town to my parents lake house to spend Sunday with them and my brother and his family.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @shamrocandroll Your puppy is so cute! I would love to get a dog, but I learned the hard way that DH is not a dog person. He just always wants things to be right/perfect and a dog cannot do that. We ended up rehoming our pup a year ago to a much better home. That is super annoying about the person at the produce stand!

@kpeparse99 That is such a sweet moment between you and your DS.

@marebear15 Hopefully food does the trick with your DD sleeping through the night. Maybe a growth spurt and she just needs a bit more right now. I swear they always get on a sleep schedule and then suddenly switch it up to keep us on our toes.

@habitzjo I'm glad your DH is on the mend.

@kbrown2385 I hope you have fun at the zoo and with friends!

@begging4abump I'm glad potty training is going pretty good so far! I am so not ready to start with DD.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @marebear15 we will be in the high point/Greenville area. Glad you were able to figure yd’s sleeping issues! 

@begging4abump exciting potty training is going well! It’s good you and yh were able to get all
    of that off chests

@shamrocandroll congrats on the puppy! Sorry for all the notifications. Hopefully you can get them figured out soon!

@m6agua I desperately need to get back into meal planning and prepping as well. Glad you were able to find some cute dresses!

@habitzjo welcome! I hope da has a great party this weekend! 

@kpearse99 that is so sweet about your ds. Mine woke up all upset because the power went out at some point and turned his fan off lol. 
  • @m6agua shopping weekends are so fun!!  I'm glad you're feeling better and getting back to your routines!

@begging4abump I'm sorry your potty training experience started off rocky but I'm glad your DD is getting the hang of it!!  It's such an exciting and proud parent moment!  Did you and YH end up on the same page after talking?  Or are you both still on the fence about things?

@spacemountaineer that's hysterical about your DS telling you to have fun in the bathroom!  Kids are so observant and pick up on everything!

Guys - I can NOT stay awake today... ugh it's been a real struggle bus trying not to fall asleep at my desk (something I can't say hasn't happened slightly today)  Send coffee!!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @shamrocandroll seriously wtf to that lady. and even if you were pregnant, what if you hadn’t told DS yet? I’m annoyed for you. 

@kpearse99 your thoughts about your cycle is kind of where I’m at too. I hope the feeling sticks 

@madcouplewithabox I’m sorry for the BFN. That’s sweet about your DD asking to nurse as soon as you got home, but I would definitely be over it too by now. 

@marebear15 I’m very glad your solved your DD’s sleeping mystery. Sleep is everything!

@habitzjo   I’m sorry that you have constant reminders at work. Work is my mental escape from TTC so that has to be really hard. I’m making baskets for my nieces and nephews too. My oldest nephew is 5 and the others are little ones so they wouldn’t get it so this would probably be a great year to cut it off but I can’t resist. 

@kbrown2385 great news about your DH’s SA results!

@spacemountaineer  I’m sorry that your DS is still having sleep issues but the bathroom story is hilarious hahaha

@begging4abump I’m sorry for the BFN. Also even if you and your DH aren’t on the same page right now at least you guys are having good conversations about it. DH and I have convos about TTC and religion too and what we would do if it doesn’t happen on our own. It’s not easy. 

@m6agua glad you are feeling better!

Month/Cycle? 5

WTO/TWW? TWW I think 

Ages of other child(ren)? 16 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling oddly calm at the moment.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’m off on Friday, so DD and I are going to an Easter egg hunt with my BFF and her little boy that’s just a few months younger. Then DD and I are going to meet DH for dinner at the place we had our first date (it’s our first date “anniversary” on Friday). I’ve been working so much so I’m excited to spend some quality time with all of the above. 

GTKY: We will go to church and then have dinner at my in-laws. My parents bought DD a fancy Easter dress so we will probably make a stop over there too so that they can see her in it. We’re doing an egg hunt with my side of the family the following weekend. I always feel bad on holidays because it never seems like enough time with either family. 

• @MrsJessS I’m so sorry you’re back here 

@MrsVP614 mimosas! I may need to add those to our Easter plans too
  • @MrsJessS I am so sorry for your loss and for the failure of words to take away any of that pain.

@kpearse99 mh and I are not on the same page, but it at least felt better to dump all my feelings out on the table. Based on another bfn this morning (12dpo), we’re going to have to make decisions. Neither of us is on the fence with how we feel; we’re just on opposite sides. Ehh, we’ll be ok. I hope you’re feeling more well rested today.

@bows22 enjoy the calm and your date!

@MrsVP614 I hope allergies and grandma calm down.
  • What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle?  11/3?...4? Idk

WTO/TWW? WTO.... should be today

Ages of other child(ren)?  20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I got a positive OPK on Saturday morning and I still don’t have a temp rise so I’m nervous it isn’t going to happen. But my cervix is very high, soft, and open so that’s good. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I’ve been gone for a couple weeks because we’ve had craziness going on at our apartment and then we’ve been out of town over the weekends and I just feel like I haven’t been able to take a moment. 
    We just had our follow-up with the RE yesterday and DH’s SA results came back with 2.4% morph. So if I’m not pregnant this cycle, we’re going to do oral meds for me again but add an IUI. I’m pretty frustrated because even after the meeting DH is like “I still don’t see why we have to do the IUI” and I was telling him that his morph went from 10% in 2016 to 2.4% so that’s a big change. And he just seemed in denial. So it annoyed me. I did 18 months of this stuff to get our DD and I’ve been doing 4+ months of this now and he still doesn’t want to accept doing anything.... I mean, he’s going to do it but he’s complaining. (Eyeroll)

GTKY: What are your plans for Easter? Going to see my Nana! She’s DD middle name sake and hasn’t gotten to see her for over a year!
  • @mokay19 Fingers crossed for O and sorry about DH. It seems most men just don't understand. :( 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @bows22 let's enjoy the calm together!  Also, so happy you will get some quality family time in on Friday.  Sounds like it's setting up to be a wonderful fun-filled day for you guys.  I'm taking off Friday too and I'm looking forward to spending the day with DS!  We made lunch plans with our neighbors (his friend from school and my new mom friend!)

@MrsJessS I am so so sorry to see you've found yourself back here :( Sending you hugs... also, I'm happy your mom has been there for you and DS while YH has been away training...when does he come home?!

@MrsVP614 Happy birthday to YH!  I hope you guys have a great time at dinner and the concert.  Also....mmmmmmm Mimosas!!!  Those will totally be on the agenda Sunday morning :) So much yum!

@mokay19 FX for O today.... Have a great time visiting your Nana, that will be a special time for you!
    Our TTC Journey

• @begging4abump - So glad that you and YH were able to have a good chat about TTC. DH and I aren't really sure how far we'd go in getting treatments, especially since it's all OOP. Glad that potty training is going better than at the beginning!

@shamrocandroll - Got another notification this morning. Maybe it's from this board trying to notify us of all the replies?

@m6agua - Meal prepping is so hard, but so worth it in the end.

@kbrown2385 - That's a beautiful area! I have a friend that teaches school in Greenville.

@bows22 - Sounds like you have an amazing weekend planned, full of great friends and family and quality time!

@MrsJessS - So so sorry to see you back here and for your loss. I had an early loss at 4 weeks and 6 days, but those 10 days I was pregnant were good days. I'm glad that your mom is able to be there for you.
  • @bows22 @begging4abump thank you

@kpearse99 thank you. I don’t actually know yet. It should be by the end of the month. Hopefully. He should have his phone back around Easter and I’ll know more then. Maybe. The military is fun 🤦🏻‍♀️

@marebear15 it’s amazing how much excitement you can feel so quickly 

@mokay19 sorry YH is being difficult :(
  • @marebear15 So, I finally went into my system settings and blocked notifications from TB app.  That seems to have fixed it.  Also, I got a very generic and non-sympathetic response from the support email people (shocker) that just annoyed me further.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mokay19 have fun with your nana! I’m sure she will be thrilled to see your DD.

@kpearse99 I’m glad things are still going well with your new mom friend! I think looking forward to being off Friday is distracting me from TTC and helping with the calm!

Month/Cycle? 1/NTNP/no idea what my body is doing

WTO/TWW? -_-

Ages of other child(ren)? 15.5 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Wellll yesterday/this morning I'm extra emotional. DH hit me in the eye with a ball (didn't hurt) and I started bawling. I decided to go pee on a stick actually. BFN so I'm hoping this means AF is near and I can start a fresh cycle and temp and sort of know what's going on!

Any questions? Nah.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant is DD at mealtimes. Some days she can't get enough food, other days she throws everything to the dogs. Last night she threw all of her pasta on the ground, then ate a few bites if I fed them to her. Then when we went upstairs to hang out in her room for a while before bedtime she started screaming and banging on the door...so I opened it and followed her. She went to the stairs, we went down, and when we got to the kitchen she goes, "Cracker?!" So yeah, she was super hungry and filled up on crackers.

GTKY: What are your plans for Easter? Easter has never been a thing for me, really. My mom would do baskets (not religious). DH was raised Catholic but he's pretty much lapsed, though last year he made a nice 'linner.' We still need to get stuff for DD's basket...guess that'll happen Saturday. And DH & I are both way too introverted to go to an egg hunt, lol. The year DD asks to go to one, that's when we'll go.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • What number are you trying for? THB 2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child? 16.5 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I hope this the one. I have an appointment with my new OB or her leave replacement on the 24th.

Any questions? Ummmm I’m just wondering how to broach the subject of being 36 and hitting that 6 month mark of trying with the OB (although I probably won’t ovulate until after my appointment).

Rant/Rave/Brag: Spring break starts Friday

GTKY: What are your plans for Easter? Meal at the IL, might go to church with them. DS is obsessed with hunting for eggs all over the living room.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I so feel you on the eating! DS is exactly the same way. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get better results, with very minor improvements. I wish you luck! And know you are doing great, even if she doesn’t want to eat my the food, you’re doing a great job providing it.
  • @NYTino24 I’m turning 36 soon and have an OB appt coming up so I’ve been wondering that too. That’s so cute about your DS and hunting eggs, my DD is the same age but doesn’t get it yet. Maybe we should keep practicing haha