November 2019 Moms

Fit Friday / Healthy Habits 4.12

edited April 2019 in November 2019 Moms
Check in here if you want to discuss working out, eating healthy, or any other healthy habit you're working on!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?

2. How did you do this past week? 

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?

Re: Fit Friday / Healthy Habits 4.12

• 1.What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now? Finding that sweet spot between eating enough to not feel sick and not too much to also feel sick.

2. How did you do this past week? I did well with exercise- made it to pure barre 4 times and 1 (30min) cycling class. Still really suffering with cardio. Food- I’m struggling. I just can’t win. Every day is different and what worked yesterday doesn’t guarantee a good tomorrow! 

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?
    i might try a little meal prep with chopped style salads. I bought a lot of produce last week that is going to waste this week. 

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    Healthy eating and exercise 

Decent, but didn't work out as much as I would like. I did 1 run (yesterday), walked twice, and today my plan is to do a strength workout over my lunch break.

Having more variety about what is available at home to bring for lunch... like cl4157 said above, every day is different and I can't handle the same thing every day anymore.

@cl4157 awesome job on the working out! I totally know what you mean about keeping enough food in your tummy to not feel sick but there's a fine line between that and too much food. I thought I was feeling better nausea wise and I am, but that line is still very much there.
  • Loading the player...
  • @cl4157 I’m with you on never knowing how a day is going to go food-wise. My New Years resolution was to spend less than $100/week at the grocery store and last week I finally had to break and say screw it I need to be able to have options of what I can eat on any given day. Nice job on your exercise this week.

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?

Still trying to up my veggies. And trying to keep up with working out 5-6 days per week even if it’s short.

If pickles and baked potatoes count as veggies then great. Still struggling on the greens though. I had string beans with dinner most nights and they seem to be the best green veggie for me right now, aversion wise. Made it to the gym 4 days this week so far and the one day that I didn’t I walked to work (2.6 miles round trip).

Just keep telling myself something is better than nothing for the workouts. I may make a turkey meatloaf this weekend and try to sneak some veggies in to trick me like a child into eating them.
  • @kopp5988 $100 at the grocery store would be my dream. My husband is a long, thin, garbage disposal who eats a ridiculous amount of food. Of course, he starts with the trash and leaves all the expensive perishables to rot. Drives me nuts.

@creamcheeseplease lawwwd the nausea. Mine isn’t  even that bad it’s just constant. Great job walking... there’s a hill at the top of our neighborhood so that pretty much deters me from going on a good walk 😂😂 

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now? Just trying to stay as active as I can because I definitely feel better on the days I am. :)

2. How did you do this past week? Better with exercise, I wasn't as tired this week. One strength workout, two runs, one walk. Tomorrow I'm doing a duathlon (eek). 3 mile run, 16 mile bike, 3 mile run. I will be taking it very slow. Doctor confirmed it's fine as long as I listen to my body. And it's for charity!

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success? I need to focus more on eating better. Meal prep needs to happen Sunday!
  • fmar8fmar8 member
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now? I am just trying to eat healthier and all the foods they recommend you eat. I also want to try and get myself back to the gym at least 4 times a week. 

2. How did you do this past week? I think for the most part I am doing pretty well with that. I know usually have a meal a day that maybe isn’t the healthiest but oh well I’m going to keep working at it. I did manage to walk once this week for 30 mins.

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success? I’m going to try and meal prep this week to make sure I’m eating healthy. And I’ve already enlisted my fiancé to help get me to the gym. 
  • Just in general I'm failing at all the healthy habits. Except for maybe my water intake. I'm too fatigued to do anything at the end of day, and too nauseated to feel like I can eat healthily. I did grab healthy snacks like carrots, apples, and lower sugar cereal for my office to snack on, so I guess that's a win? I've only gained 3 pounds so far this pregnancy, but I need to keep it a little lower than that. So we'll see how this goes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just wanted to share that I had a great run this morning! I mean I took walk breaks but I felt great. It’s such a mood booster for me. 

@musicgal05 those snacks sound good. Just do what you can and when you’re feeling better the healthier food will be easier to eat. I’ve really been relying on baby carrots myself honestly. 
  • edited April 2019
    @creamcheeseplease I'm so glad you had a good run! 

I survived yesterday's race and actually felt good and had fun! It was about 15-20 minutes slower than non-pregnant me would have probably done but honestly, it was kind of nice doing a stress-free race! 

Counter-prodctive to all that I have eaten five mini Cadbury caramel eggs. Oops.
  • @runningfortwo81 congrats on finishing the race. I think you earned those mini Cadbury eggs 👍🏼
  • @runningfortwo81 that's awesome!! I can't imagine running a race at this point!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker