Pregnant after IF

3rd trimester check in week of April 8th

bkatpbkatp member
edited April 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: Do you enjoy traveling and do you travel a lot ?

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below.

❤ Mama's to be ❤ 

madasm0530  4/20 BOY!

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

northbeach3  6/5 GIRL!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

Re: 3rd trimester check in week of April 8th

• bkatpbkatp member
    • How far along / EDD? 32+4
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good. There is constant pinching feeling in my stomach so planning to bring this up at the next appointment 
    • Upcoming appointments? This Wednesday, growth scan and Ob check up
    • Questions? Are you doing cord blood and tissue banking ? If so which company are you going with ?
    • GTKY: Do you enjoy traveling and do you travel a lot ? Not from childhood but now I am enjoying seeing places enjoying different cultures and place etc. I don’t travel a lot, but I do travel a bit for work. 
  • @bkatp hopefully the pinching is nothing and just growth from baby.  I’m not doing cord banking, fx someone else here is going to or has done it to provide you some  good options/insight! 
    • How far along / EDD? 32w 5d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good. Surprisingly, I had so much energy yesterday and was able to make breakfast, lunch & dinner! This rarely happens anymore since pregnancy but I also know it won’t last. My feet mildly swells when I sit too long in car rides and my hand will mildly swell when I walk... quite annoying but it’s not forever. :) 
    • Upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday - ob check up. 
    • Questions? Anyone else starting to swell yet? 
    • GTKY: Do you enjoy traveling and do you travel a lot ? I do enjoy traveling I just hate the planning part of it... ;) 
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along / EDD? 31+5, June 5
    • How is everyone feeling this week? "readiness" anxiety is starting to kick in.  had a lovely baby shower on saturday and now I have all this stuff and no where to put it.  we made an ikea trip on Sunday to buy dresser/wardrobe for the babe to help start putting stuff away. We're not going to have a proper nursery for several months b/c we need to move out my dad into his own place to reclaim that bedroom.  ugh, so much to do in the next two months!! otherwise, no complaints on physical aspects at this point.
    • Upcoming appointments? 32 week growth scan tomorrow! it's been two months since we've seen the little stinker... i'm really curious how much she weights at this point.  OB on Thursday.
    • Questions? i don't know anything about cord blood banking... under what circumstances is it recommended? how much does it cost?
    • GTKY: Do you enjoy traveling and do you travel a lot ? omg, so much... that's been one of my biggest concerns about how to continue travelling with a little one.  i already looked up when you can start cruising with a baby; the answer is not before 6 months, fyi! :)
    @mrsyng -- no major swelling over here.  get occasional swelling if i wear tight socks or sandals and haven't been good about water intake

did anyone else get that "article" from the bump about the fitness blogger (australian?) who posted a 25 minute video chronicling her journey from early labor to active labor to birth?  it was helpful to see since my birthing class only showed videos of the last stage of labor/birth. i'd been on the fence about a doula, but can definitely see the benefits for early labor as I can imagine my poor DH trying to do it all and maybe "breaking" given how long early labor can be.  
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Hello everyone! I am a couple weeks late joining the party here, but have had an interesting last month with the complete centralized placenta previa. Only one bleed so far with a 4-day hospital stay, but hanging in there, taking it day by day! So, for anyone who doesn't know me from the other forums, we are pregnant with a baby boy who will be joining his almost 5-1/2 year-old sister who has wanted a sibling for a long long time! We are excited yet anxious as our diagnosis leaves us not sure how early he will come, just that I cannot go into labor and will need a c-section. Our first birth was vaginal and she was 8 days late so this is a new experience and I've never had surgery before, so yeah, nerves...anyway, glad to have arrived here after these years and still pinching myself that this is REAL! Glad to see so many of you here as well, almost there!
    • How far along / EDD? 31w, 1d today
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I'm looking forward to week 32 as our next milestone! And then at 34 weeks, we will be able to deliver at our local hospital versus driving an hour away, as our local NICU is a level 2 and that's the earliest they take babies. So hoping for 34+!
    • Upcoming appointments? None this week, but starting next week will have 1 MFM appt with sonogram and 1OB appt every week.
    • Questions? Anyone else with placenta previa that has no chance of moving at this point?
    • GTKY: Do you enjoy traveling and do you travel a lot ? We love traveling and do it every chance we get! It has been really important to instill that desire to explore and learn about other cultures with our daughter and she's about as addicted to travel as we are!
  • @northbeach3, just had to share, we cruise a lot too, and with DD she cruised her first time at 8 months, from a port we could drive to that was about 4 hours away so that was easy. She's been on 5 so far I think and we have taken advantage the last couple of trips with using the Royal Caribbean Adventure Ocean kids club which is free! Before they're older though, we did use the ship nursery which was nice too so we could go to dinner. That one costs though.

• @northbeach3 Can't wait to hear how your 32 week growth scan goes tomorrow!! That was one of my favorite scans! Hopefully they'll do in 4 or 5D for you. It's crazy how much they look more like a baby at it compared to just a couple months prior. As for a doula, I think it's worth looking into. MH said the worst part of labor was him seeing me in pain and he could't help. So if you know ahead of time how YH is...then having that extra support is nice :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• bkatpbkatp member
    @mrsyng swelling hasn’t started yet 

@Momifbysea hav been thinking about you. Glad you are doing fine. Hoping you to make it beyond 34 or even 36 weeks without any issues

@northbeach3 cord blood and tissue banking is for future of the baby, siblings or the parents to use undifferentiated stem cells. They are used to treat many diseases or conditions that can potentially arise. Research is being done to graft these cells to make any organ in order to transplant. Since these are undifferentiated they can transform into any cell. Approximately one time cost is 2000$ plus yearly cost of 250$. U can chose prepay option and pay 5400 for 20 years and save some money if u are able to do so. It is an optional service anyone can take. 
  • Thanks @bkatp! Big picture is to be grateful we are all at this point of viability! What blessings, right?

@mrsyng yes I've had swelling about the last month, but it's only in my ankles not hands and it will go down if I get my feet up on the couch or bed. The dr wasn't concerned (I had this with DD too) as long as it goes away when I get my feet up. How is yours doing?

@kristimh80 it's good to see you post on here! Congrats on your new bundle Momma! It thrills me to have seen you go through this journey and now have your baby! How are you adjusting?

• Thanks for the description @bkatp. I had an inkling about the purpose but no idea about the cost! Good insurance for the future if you can swing it now. 

Glad to see you around these parts @Momifbysea. Sorry that you’ve been dealing with previa and swelling. You’re in th home stretch!! Fix that you make it a bit further.

32 week scan went well. Things looking good but baby’s head and abdomen are measuring 4 weeks ahead at 36 weeks!! Limbs are on track. Estimated weight is 4 lbs 9oz or 72% percentile. Oye ve!! My vagina weeps. Little one also didn’t cooperate and didn’t show her face so no good 3D pics, but this cute one with her hand/arm in front of her face. Maybe she’s embarrassed we’re already commenting on her weight. Lol

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @bkatp - with my son I was planning on donating but didn't end up being able to with my c-section b/c they were more concerned with getting baby out safely and my health than saving the placenta. Since this time is a planned c-section unless she comes early, I haven't even thought about it b/c I don't think they will do it with a c-section. 
    @mrsyng - swelling depends on the day. If I don't get up from my desk enough I go home with Cankles. If I can get up enough and drink enough water it helps. With my son, it didn't matter how much moving I did I was swollen for like the last trimester. Taking epsom salt baths helps too. 
    @Momifbysea - I have had several surgeries and I'm still nervous about this c-section. Maybe b/c I am awake for it. I had one with my son but I was so exhausted from 24 hours of labor I don't remember much except throwing up during it. 
    @northbeach3 - glad your scan went well! I'm excited for my 32 week scan in a few weeks. She's already practicing her drama queen posture :smile:
    • How far along / EDD? 29w +5d (scheduled c-section 6/17)
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I've felt better this week than I have for most of the pregnancy which is a good thing. Still tired and not sleeping but I'll take feeling better. Oh man the waddle is in full force these days though. I don't know how I'm going to make it 9 more weeks.LOL
    • Upcoming appointments? GD test and ob on Monday
    • Questions? I feel like my Glucose test is so much later this pregnancy. Is 30+ weeks normal testing or is it late?
    • GTKY: Do you enjoy traveling and do you travel a lot ? we LOVE to travel! Wish we got to do more of it with a little one but we bought a camper about 2 years ago. We started taking our son at 10 months. It's much easier now that he can walk but we went to Cabo over his 1st bday and that was great. Wanting to take a cruise or longer trip but know that it could be a while. Luckily he's great in the car so maybe a longer camping trip this summer with a newborn and a toddler. We'll see if I'm brave enough. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Momifbysea Thank you!! So happy to see you also this far along!! We are adjusting well. Eat, sleep, poop...repeat! lol And the typical late night wild times. Trying to learn that whole "sleep when they sleep" thing. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited April 2019
    My growth scan went well as well other than the fact that his abdomen was measuring 2 weeks behind. So I am on NST for next 4 weeks and u/s on May 7th. If his still measures 2 Weeks behind in that ultrasound, I will be scheduled for delivery after May 10th as soon as their schedule permits. He is weighing 3 lbs 13 oz. He put his hands across his face so couldn’t get a good picture. 

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited April 2019
    @northbeach3 she said lagging behind could be ultrasound error or my placenta not doing good job of supplying nutrients. If it is ultrasound error It should be appropriate at 36 weeks scan if not then either I get induced or scheduled for c depending on his position as he currently still breach. 

Your bump is very prominent now, the fact that it is showing so very well in black tells how big is your bump
  • @Griffin5413 I understand about the being awake aspect making it more scary, I feel the same. I have to ask, you said you threw up during it and that's one of my biggest fears, especially with the heartburn, and since I was up vomiting and dry heaving last night, that lying flat for the c section will make me throw up and I'll mess up what they're doing surgically or split open after or something. So, when this happened to you did it cause any problem? Also, since you went to c section directly from being in labor was that then considered an emergency c section or unscheduled? Which was does your scar go? They explained to me that a scheduled c section is along bikini line and emergency is up and down because they can get in faster (not sure yet which mine will be obviously depending on if I have an unresolved placenta bleed that needs an emergency c). The other thing I intend to ask my OB next week is that, since my placenta is right centered over cervix, how do they cut for c section and not accidentally cut into the placenta since usually it would be up more and out of the way. I feel like learning more and asking questions helps my anxiety on this. As for your glucose test question, I had one early on in pregnancy (late last Fall) because of my age and high risk, but then another one at 28 weeks. It was a one-hour test, but then I failed it and had to take the three hour fasting test a couple of days later, which I passed, whew! I think there is a range of weeks that they do them in as typical onset is maybe 28-32 weeks?, not a particular week that makes it right or wrong.

@northbeach3 love the bump pic and you're rocking the sneakers!!!

@bkatp hoping it is just ultrasound error. So you have to wait til 36 weeks now?

• @Momifbysea Mom of 2 c sections here (one a semi emergency and one scheduled) I can help answer some of your questions. I had awful heartburn throughout my last pregnancy. I had to be put on protontix, that's how bad it was. That said, I have never thrown up on the table. My first c section was semi emergency, meaning I went to a Dr appt and had a baby the same day. I had a partial previa, and other complications. My scar is horizontal. Most c sections, even after labor, still have a horizontal scar. Vertical scars typically happen when there is very real and true danger to mom or baby and mom is usually put under. Those situations are rare. They cut through one layer at a time, so, you should not be in any danger to having it cut. They cauterize as they go. With my first, baby was out in 10 to 15 minutes. My second took a bit longer, but he was had moved from head down to transverse back down and my Dr had to turn him while I was on the table. The longest part of any c section is the closing. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions, or need more detail, don't hesitate to ask! I promise, the anticipation is always worse than the reality.
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @Momifbysea yes I have to wait till 36 weeks scan but I am monitored every week now until 36 weeks for amniotic fluid and movements. 

so since I am mentally preparing for c section. How long does it take to get back to normal routine like jogging and taking dogs for walk etc ? 
  • @wildrainbow thank you so much for sharing your experience with me and others on here looking at c-sections coming up! I think my biggest fear is having another middle of the night bleed that turns into a hemorrhage situation since I have the complete centralized previa. But like you say, anticipation is always worse than reality so I will try and calm down. I didn't realize how quickly they can complete the surgery, wow! Also, I'm not a pain med person, how did you feel the pain was afterwards? And how soon can you lift baby and drive?

@bkatp well I will keep you in my prayers as you get to that key 36 week mark. I had heard 6 weeks for recovery but I think others who have been through it will be much better at answering that part!
  • @Momifbysea My first c section I was able to be on ibprofren my second day. The big thing with c sections is to make sure that you get up and move and soon as you are allowed. Believe it or not, it helps a lot with pain. My second c section, because of the unexpected version, I was on a lot of pain meds and it was a harder recovery. You cant drive until 3 weeks or you are off all narcotics. Minimum 3 weeks of no driving. You can lift baby only, but nothing else over 15lbs, I think. That lasts for a bit. 

@bkatp You need to be cleared by a dr before starting strenuous activity. Trust me, you need the full six to 8 weeks to recover. You need to build up to it. I promise that you will not feel like it. A c section is MAJOR abdominal surgery, you will be tapped out walking to the bathroom the first week to two. Walking the dogs, especially if they are big dogs that pull on leashes will be a no no until your dr clears you. You wont be able to handle them anyways as part of your lift restrictions. It seems like a long time, but trust me, when you are in recovery and dealing with a newborn, it seems to go by in the blink of an eye. 
  • @wildrainbow thanks for all the helpful info on c-sections. i've been trying to keep an open mind about how labor and delivery will go and it's helpful to hear your experience, including what's feasible post-op.  It's almost like i'm preparing for egg retrieval all over again and being curious about what to expect!

@Griffin5413 my glucose test was at 28 weeks, which i thought was late... but apparently it's normal.  (shrug)  even though i passed, i'm now worried maybe i've developed GD in the last few weeks given that LO is measuring 1 pound ahead of schedule!  the OB said my weight gain had been normal, so maybe just genetically predisposed to big babies.  hence, now getting mentally prepared for a c-section. 

• mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited April 2019
    @Momifbysea my swelling isn’t horrible but it’s ugly to me - they aren’t really tight just looks swollen. Sometimes it’s only really noticeable on the right as cankles. :( I try not to wear sandals as they seem to make it worse for me. 

@Griffin5413 thanks for the tip-epsom salt baths. I think I may still have some at home somewhere. And I’ve noticed if I don’t walk away from my cubicle at work it looks fugly when I get home but by bedtime they almost look normal. Lol. 

@northbeach3 so sorry you’re now experiencing the swelling too! Hopefully it won’t be bad. Your bump looks great. 

@bkatp hopefully it is just wrong measurements and at 36wk us it will all be fine! Fx. 

Am am I the only one not getting a growth scan or us until 36wks? My sil has also asked me too why it was at 36wks and not earlier. I just shrugged...

Here’s my bump from last night @33wks

• Cute bump @mrsyng! Your photo reminded me that I need to get some maternity shorts. We’re entering warm season and it would be nice to have some proper shorts to go out in. I have sleep shorts that are really roomy and work great at night but the leg openings are so big I’d flash people if I wore them out. Lol. 

Well you’re only 3 weeks away from your scan! Time will fly by!

• @Momifbysea - As far as throwing up, it wasn't an issue at that point. It was not a full on heaving throw up (that was during labor. lol). I think sometimes the anesthesia can make you nauseous but I hadn't had anything in over 24 hours to eat or drink so there wasn't much in my stomach anyway. I have a horizontal scar.   Baby wasn't in distress so it wasn't an emergency but after 3 hours of pushing, he just wasn't budging. I was reading about how they have to adjust the cut if you have placentia previa or an anterior placenta and the placenta is covering the line. I don't think the adjustment has to be that much. They would move it slightly up I think. Plus I'm sure they will be monitoring you so closely before the date to get the best location possible. I totally agree with @wildrainbow about the pain relief. I didn't take anything other than the stronger Tylenol. I made myself get up and move the 1st day walking the halls. I didn't want to mask the pain while I was in the hospital and then feel it all when the stronger drugs wore off. I couldn't drive for 2 weeks which was silly b/c I really felt fine by the time I left the hospital and wasn't on any meds. I couldn't lift more than the baby for 6 weeks which will be hard this time around b/c I have a 2 year old who likes to snuggle with mommy. 

@bkatp - usually dr will clear you for "normal activity" by your 6 or 8 week check up depending on how you are healing. Especially since if you have a c-section that's a pretty big wound that needs to heal. I wasn't able to take a bath either b/c I had gone through a full labor as well so my cervix was still healing. I'd say you should definitely listen to your body. Some people heal really quickly and feel like they can handle the extra activity but sometimes it takes a little longer. Plus you don't want to overdo it and that pay the consequences. In those first weeks, getting to spend all of that time with your baby is really special! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had two c sections as well. My first one was a bit longer recovery because I went through 72 hours of labor first and pushed for 3 hours THEN had a csection. So that sucked. This second one was scheduled. I went on a 3.5 mile hike 3 weeks post csection. I was doing stairs and walking and pretty much doing everything immediately after. The only thing I did not do is pick up my 34lb daughter. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and I’ve started picking her up. I’ve been walking a lot but haven’t actually exercised. Waiting to be cleared for that first in 2 weeks. Def take the pain pills. They helped me function and move about more easily until I started healing. But I was doing laundry and cooking as soon as I was home. 
  • Guess I'll chime in on the c-section topic as well. Same as PP, mine was longer due to being induced before and trying to labor. The c-section itself was pretty quick and I wish I could have gone straight to it! It was a little surreal, with them numbing everything during it and the fact of being awake during it all. They immediately gave me anti-nausea meds so didn't have that issue. I think the only uncomfortable part of the process itself was after baby was out, they did a lot of pushing on my belly getting placenta, etc free. I laugh now that I feel like "this must be what it feels like after getting lipo done!" So far, recovery has been awesome! I was on meds the week I got home, then by the end of that week I started weaning myself off them. Sooner you can at least get off the hydros / higher pain med, the better overall! It helps with your bathroom situation, which isn't so fun after hospital meds and epidural :) But def take /  do what you need at 1st to make things easier for you. I took it easy and did a little housework stuff at 1st. Also won't be cleared to exercise til after 6 weeks. Just remb they consider it major surgery, so don't feel bad if it takes a little while to get back in the groove of things :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bpietronicco congrats!! You’re a whole month early? Hopefully he’s doing well now and you both will go home soon. <3
  • I hope everything is going well for your little one @bpietronicco and that he’s getting stronger by the day. Hope you can come back and share your birth story when you’re less busy. Enjoy this time with him!

super cute bump @Momifbysea!

• bkatpbkatp member
    Congratulations @bpietronicco that’s amazing news. You are almost 5 weeks early. Glad you and LO are doing well, and hope your GD has gone back to normal. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @mrsyng @Momifbysea cute bumps. @mrsyng I think everything looks good on your end maybe that’s y they don’t have a 32 week growth scan.

@kristimh80 @Drove2u thank you for the insights on c section
  • @bkatp Thanks! I am hoping GD goes away!  They won’t test it until 6 week appt.   LO is going good- has some jaundice so he has to do some
    photo therapy.  Hoping iv comes out tomorrow - hoping for a good report in the morning. 
  • @bpietronicco - congrats!!! I'm so glad you got to do a VBAC and that it seems like everything went smoothly. I've talked with my OB about doing that if I go into labor before my scheduled c-section. Hoping your little one continues to improve with his breathing issues and that you have him home with you soon!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ahh what a story @bpietronicco! Sounds like you had a lot of things to juggle between your daughters surgery and hoping you were able to dilate enough to move forward with VBAC.  Hope jaundice subsides and breathing stabilizes so you can take your LO home. 

• @bpietronicco congrats on your healthy delivery!!! I will be looking at a few weeks early as well, glad everything is going well with his breathing and all. I can't imagine juggling going into labor with your daughter's surgery as well, wow!!!