Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 4/13-4/14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 4/13-4/14

• Month/Cycle: 10 / 2 AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: TI with the help of letrozole & progesteron 

R/R: happy to have a plan! So much to do this weekend, so that’ll help days go by before my monitoring scan with the RE on Tuesday morning 

CS/Q: no chart this month - RE said no OPKs & temps and let him do the work this month 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin hooray for having a plan! I hope that not having to chart helps take away some of the ttc stress this month. 

Good morning, ladies!  

Month/Cycle: 9/8 (third cycle AL)

CD: 16 (get your act together, ovaries!)

WAYDTGKU: prenatal vitamins, temping, charting with Fertility Friend, fertility tea, cutting down on alcohol and making healthy choices. Probably shouldn't have bought those jellybeans the other day!  

R/R: I had dinner with some friends last night and it was exactly what I needed after and INSANE day at school.  It's going to be a busy weekend, but looking forward to having next week off to just relax.

CS/Q: The test line was lighter on yesterday's OPK, so that's at least some change.  Didn't miss O but hopefully it happens in the next few days. 🤞 I am in my FW(according to FF) but DH was too engrossed in his soccer documentary last night and wasn't getting the hint that I wanted to HIO.  I fell asleep waiting for him. Oh well. 

• Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess I hope it does help with the anxiety this month. Sorry YH didn’t get the hint but I’m glad you got a good night with friends in last night :)  
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• edited April 2019
    @chichiphin - hooray for a plan and a break from charting

@emeraldduchess - I bought jellybeans yesterday. :smile:  I'm excited for you to have a chance to relax!

@inthewoods23 - fx for you!

edit: words are hard and clarification.

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: pnv, temping, rhr, opks

R/R:  I could have used "what does a positive opk test look like" this cycle.  Life is going to be super busy over the next few weeks so I dont know how much I'll be able to bump. 

CS/Q: I'm giving up on temping orally after this cycle. Also I'm wondering if I've got pcos or a hormonal imbalance of some sort as I'm getting ewcm throughout my cycles. It seems to be getting worse. I'm thinking about going to the doctor next month.

• @brookert615 lol Walden farms! I remember that from my competition days oye. And Mrs dash seasonings on everything 

@spacemountaineer I hope temping vaginally can help with some of the charting issues 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @brookert615 sorry for cd 2 ❤️❤️ Hope you had fun with all the drinks! It’s totally fine to let loose every once in a while!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: new OB appointment on 4/24 so maybe some bloodwork or a referral then or maybe just a plan if this cycle is a bust since I’m 36... BBT, CM, OPK, Maca, PNV, Vitex, B complex, B6, C, D, magnesium, selenium, Omega3, baby aspirin, Pressed

R/R: *TW* Went to an event and like half the women there were pregnant. */TW* Good for them, but man. Also, a coworker flat out asked me in front of two others about us TTC. I don’t mind telling her our struggle, but really hope people won’t ask and I’m betting I won’t get any further questions now. 

CS/Q: not really temping during AF
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Sorry about the event! Sometimes just blatantly telling the truth makes things easier!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @misshelen86 It is a gorgeous day! What color are you painting your main floor? Enjoy your dinner tonight!
    TW
  • @misshelen86 - That's the thing, my cycles run like clockwork. I do have to pluck facial hair and I have a high forehead (but I don't know if it is male pattern baldness. My hair overall has definitely been thinning lately). I had horrible cramps in my teens and 20's, but not so much any more (they're hurt, but no where near what it was like in high school). 
  • @misshelen86 I hope you found some good colors!  Enjoy dinner with your DH. 
    @brookert615 I definitely (over)indulge in some wine on/after CD1, so I get what you mean.  I will have to look up fighter diet waffles and that syrup!
    @inthewoods23 glad you didn't have to explain anything to the pharmacy.  I get that sometimes they have to flag/question things but no one likes to broadcast their business to strangers. 
    @spacemountaineer they were Starburst Tropical jellybeans, so I bought them in the name of research.  Had to compare them to the regular Starburst jellybeans.  Spoiler: not much of a difference. :(  Still good, though!  I hope you can figure out what's going on with your hormones.  I'm suspecting an imbalance too since my follicular phase is long and I sometimes spot for several days before my period shows.
    @NYTino24 I am so sorry you had to deal with your coworker asking you about TTC.  Seriously, why do some people think it's OK to do that? The status of my ute is none of your business, thankyouverymuch.

• @chichiphin your REI sounds like a cool person!  fx
    @emeraldduchess DH and I have had a few arguments over him not getting the hints :pensive: sounds like you should at least have a bit more attempts
    @inthewoods23 i hate it when pharmacies overstep like that!  
    @brookert615 i'm a fan of CD1 benders.  no judgement here
    @NYTino24 ugh about that event and the questions and all the bellies :(

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: temping (and going to try to minimize open circles, not that it really matters but it aggravates me), CP, OPK, maybe add some RRL tea in for funsies

R/R: CD1.  It took a while getting started today and my boobs were sore and I got that crazy "omg what if" which obviously went in the contrary of my HUGE temp drop today.  but i POAS on a stick anyway.  stupid waste.  

CS/Q: nada.

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn Sorry about CD1! Sometimes it is so hard not to POAS! I know I ended up using a digital test last cycle when I had a temp drop as well 🤦🏻‍♀️! 
    TW
  • @NYTino24 I think asking for a referral makes sense - hopefully your OB is cool with that
    @misshelen86 I hope dinner with YH was fun! 
    @sevenn so sorry about CD1 :( 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: NTNP. Keeping an eye on ovulation window, no contraception, sperm-friendly lubricant (Pre-Seed), staying healthy in general (working out, hiking, eating healthier), pre-natal vitamins, avoiding unnecessary chemicals/nasties in environment/food/pharms. In terms of eating healthier, I've been adding in lots of extra fruits, vegetables (particularly greens and cruciferous ones), hemp hearts, sesame seeds, and olive/avocado oils. I also have a very low caffeine intake (and I already don't drink alcohol or smoke).

R/R: Just as I suspected, AF arrived yesterday afternoon. I'm finally not feeling like a complete hormonal wreck (you all weren't kidding when you said the TWW can be a total mindf**k!), but the cramps right now are brutal. Hoping for better luck (for all of us) this coming cycle. I think I'm going to nap and rest most of this rainy Sunday away.

CS/Q: nupe
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop Midol if my best friend of CD1 and 2 😊
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @chichiphin It always feels better having a plan. I hope things go well with the RE on Tuesday!
    @emeraldduchess I'm glad that you had a great night with friends!
    @inthewoods23 I'm glad they didn't press further. I hate strangers knowing about my personal matters. Whenever I buy stuff for TTC I always use the self checkout to avoid interactions.
    @brookert615 I'm sorry for CD 2. :( Right there with you.
    @misshelen86 That's exciting! What color did you end up picking out?
    @flowntheloop Sorry for CD 2. My cramps are really awful this time around too. FX for this cycle for you.

Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: everything

R/R: Well the IUI didn't work and I have horrible cramps for this AF. I think DH and I are either going to do IVF or adopt at this point. No more IUI's. Either way we're going to have to save up for a few months or more to afford things so we'll be researching both options in the meantime and just trying naturally. Excited for Game of Thrones tonight. We have some friends coming over to watch with us.

CS/Q: nothing to share yet.
  • @littleredm So sorry to see you back here ❤️. Hope you can enjoy your night!
    TW
  • @littleredm I'm so sorry IUI was a bust. <3 Hugs to you.  Hope Game of Thrones doesn't disappoint! 
    @flowntheloop sorry you're back here.  You're right, ttc totally messes with your mind. 
    @sevenn I've POAS more than once after spotting started at the end of my LP. Not proud of it but I think we've all been there!  If you're looking for a good fertility tea, I've been drinking Moontime Fertility tea.  If you like peppermint, you'll like this.  I just started drinking it this cycle so I don't know if it will make any difference, but I figure it can't hurt!
  • @littleredm sorry the IUI didn't work! The self checkouts are my go-to even when I'm not buying something embarrassing. I hate interacting with cashiers
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Unfortunately, a lot of meds don't agree with me. T_T Thank goodness for heating pads though!
    @littleredm Thanks! My CD2 is almost always the worst.
    @emeraldduchess Just gotta keep on trying! <3 PMS/PMDD overlapping with the end of the TWW is just awful. My husband was even blown away by how much of an inconsolable mess I was! Once I started my period on Saturday night, it was like a switch was flipped and I could think again! Hormones are wild!

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019