August 2019 Moms
Options

Group 4 Check-in (Aug 24-31) wo April 7

Hey all! @AKuzReve is travelling and asked someone to post this week. Hopefully I'm not duplicating anyone..

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

2. Baby is the size of a(n):

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

4. Upcoming Appointments:

5. How are you feeling?:

6. Rants/Raves: 

7. Questions: 

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why? 

(Hoping this isn't a duplicate question! I just scrolled back to the beginning to try to make sure but I might have missed it)

Re: Group 4 Check-in (Aug 24-31) wo April 7

• Options

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: I’m just gonna stick to the app for now until it definitely changes.. 19+5 

2. Baby is the size of a(n): bowl of cereal today 

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue 

4. Upcoming Appointments: AS Friday!!! 

5. How are you feeling?: veritgo hit after weeks of sinus infections 😫

6. Rants/Raves: my 22month old is officially a terrible 2... 

7. Questions: i get sick over all meat now instead of just chicken... will it stay like this after birth? 

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why?

I’m a huge Disney fan so I’d have dinner with Aladdin so he can show me the world lol

• Options

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 2rth 20w1d

2. Baby is the size of a(n):I think banana this week? Not sure though 

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): green til delivery!

4. Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan tomorrow!!!

5. How are you feeling?: no changes... Still nauseous and exhausted. Lots of pressure and RLP, dizzy spells...used to all of it and pushig through. 

6. Rants/Raves: we survived spring break and the kids go back to school tomorrow!!

7. Questions: 

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why? I have no idea, need to think on that one. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@AKuzReve hope you're enjoying London!

@allycat11 good luck at the AS!

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 20+1

2. Baby is the size of a(n): banana

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue!!

4. Upcoming Appointments: none till end of the month

5. How are you feeling?: Great! I'm exhausted, but today is the first Sunday in a long time I feel like I deserve it. I've been up since 5:30 when the boys woke me, and in that time I've attended a class about Passover, gone on a date with DH for his birthday (lunch, grocery shopping, and a book store #marriedlifedates) had a 3 hour play date with a friend whose 2 boys are the same age as mine, and attended a BBQ at my synagogue. I'm ready for bed.

6. Rants/Raves: I guess I'm just happy I had a good day, see above.

7. Questions: 

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why? Nero Wolfe (points if you've heard of him) it would be guaranteed to be great food, and interesting conversation.

• Options

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20w + 2 d / August 24

2. Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

4. Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow with my regular OB.  I technically had an A/S with MFM since they performed a CVS, so I'm not sure what all my OB will do during this appointment.  

5. How are you feeling?: I think I said this last week, but tired. I know I am a TTM but I was hoping for like.... just a little bit more energy. 

6. Rants/Raves: Rants - medical bills.  I had an ER visit after the CVS due to a scare (luckily all was okay!!) and now we're getting hit for "balanced billing" where the "out-of-network" ER doctor who I saw for all of 5 minutes wants all in almost $1,000.  Insurance only covered about $200, we we're stuck with the rest.  American Healthcare, y'all! 

7. Questions: 

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why?: Probably someone like Susan B. Anthony or Elizabeth Cady Stanton, to just ask how they were so brave in the face of adversity. We need more bad asses like them.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    aecmaecm member

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 20+2 

2. Baby is the size of a(n): popsicles

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue + ?

4. Upcoming Appointments: Thursday! Anatomy scan and OB checkup. So very excited to find out the gender of baby A!

5. How are you feeling?: Ugh. Joint pain has started. I can deal with the physical pain but it’s super annoying every time I have to get up to chase DD. Having her play outside is difficult, and storytime at the library today was difficult. I’m going to have to start picking and choosing our outings more carefully.

6. Rants/Raves: I’ve been worried about how I’m going to handle DD closer to the end of the pregnancy when I’m REALLY big and immobile. My mom can’t come down to help til mid-July, but my aunt & uncle just offered to come help for a couple weeks at the end of June and early July. It’s such a relief. 

7. Questions: nada

Winston Churchill. No big reason why, just think he would be interesting. 

@peachy0709 - have you spoken to the hospital billing department? We had a similar situation twice, and both times the hospital waived the entire remaining out-of-pocket fees. They’re just trying to get some compensation for the service, and they jack up the price so they have room to negotiate down with the insurance companies. I’d be surprised if they stuck hard to the remaining $800...they don’t want to lose you as a customer in the future. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mia8263 yay for AS! I hope it goes well and you get lots of great pictures! Sorry to hear about the vertigo. That must be so awful!! Also, Aladdin. I laughed so hard 😂 great choice!

@Allycat11 I hope your AS went well today!! Did LO cooperate and let them get some cute shots?

@mrosek91 congrats on the awesome day! Sounds fun and productive! I can't say I've heard of Nero Wolfe, so now I'm gonna have to learn something haha

@peachy0709 I can only imagine the exhaustion as a TTM! I'm feeling wiped and I don't have any little ones to run after! Every time I hear about a medical bill, I get sad for you guys :(  Im really glad everything was ok!

1. Aug 30, 19+3 today 

2. Baby is the size of...well ..according the TB it shrinks and grows drastically each day 😂

3. Team Green till delivery! Though I admit... A very tiny part of me wants to know. Which I never thought would happen...

4. AS on Friday. OB on the following Wednesday where we will hopefully get the results.

5. I'm feeling.... Happy. Lucky. Ecstatic every time I feel this tiny human kick inside me. (I just started crying thinking about it haha). Also tired, and stressed about getting the house ready to move. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed.

6. Rant. So a few days ago I started injections of a blood thinner. The pain with the first was unbelievable. I ended up with a nice ugly ..I dunno.. 1.5" bruise. A massive leg cramp that lasted 3 hours. Joint pain that lasted 3 days. Anyway, since then, we have split it into 2 shots per day, about 1" apart. Much more bearable. No tears, only 30ish min of much  milder leg cramp, and tiny bruises (and only on the right leg for some reason. Left leg injections have been bruiseless for some reason).
    Anyway, while DH is stabbing me, I keep repeating "baby is worth this!" It's manageable. But man does it suck.
    We calculated the cost of the injections through the next pregnancy, and it'll be $8000 plus progesterone (about $1000, providing OB let's me stop taking it soon). At least our work extended health coverage covers some of the prescription costs!

7. Anyone have any suggestions for places to buy cute maternity summer dresses? (That will reasonably ship to /be available in Canada lol) I'm striking out... Though I am ordering some more pants from old Navy today haha

8. GTKY: I actually have no idea haha. Maybe... Aragorn from Lord of the rings, because he would have lots of cool stories to share. You know...if he were real.. haha
  • Options
    @aecm - Unfortunately, the hospital billing department can't do anything about this particular case/doctor, because they are contracted through EmCare. The bill even states that we may still be liable for contact physicians, radiology, etc etc. and it's actually EmCare's business model to be contractors and be out of network for everyone.  It's a bummer... I could go on about it, but at this point we're just going to pay it and raise hell with our state's Attorney General, who happens to have Sunday breakfast at the same place we do every Sunday  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

5. I'm feeling.... Happy. Lucky. Ecstatic every time I feel this tiny human kick inside me. (I just started crying thinking about it haha). Also tired, and stressed about getting the house ready to move. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed.

SUCH amazing perspective.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @chillycanadian you are pretty much super woman ❤ 

Anatomy scan seemed to go well, will have full results in a couple days. Baby was wiggling like crazy so she struggled with some of the measurements. We are still team green. Baby is measuring 10 days ahead and was at the last u/s too...but was measuring behind at the first few. Now I wait to see the plan for my EDD
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 19+2

2. Baby is the size of a(n): mango

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

4. Upcoming Appointments: AS on Fri 4/12!

5. How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good, I’m showing more to the point that others notice and my coworkers love to say “awww you have a little bump now!” which I enjoyed like the first time but now I’m just like YUP it’s there!

6. Rants/Raves: T-3 days until spring break! I took Friday off for our appt so I just have to make it through Thursday!

7. Questions: Did anyone have a way of recording their AS? I know someone said they could bring a USB and record a video, but not sure that’s the norm. I should just call my OB’s office but I don’t wanna 😂

Hmmm good question. I’m tempted to say a mathematician like Newton but honestly they’d probably be way too advanced for me to ask them any intelligent questions. Also maybe Hermione Granger 😂

• Options
  • Options

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/28, 20 weeks

2. Baby is the size of a(n): banana

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): We are having a girl.

4. Upcoming Appointments: AS was last week - all looked well! Next appt is at the end of the month. 

5. How are you feeling?: Some nausea and fatigue, but thankful the nausea has improved in the last month!

6. Rants/Raves: Rant... it has been challenging lately to accept and function within the limits my body has set for me, especially after a very difficult first 16 weeks. Rave... I’m feeling really thankful for the kind nurses on call at my OB office who return phone calls promptly and always are happy to answer my questions. It is a relief to have a medical team that I can trust and access easily.

7. Questions: No questions, but I hope I tagged everyone correctly below!

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why? I love your answer @mia8263  because I am a huge Disney fan too!! I am also a science nerd and would also love to have dinner with Rosalind Franklin, a scientist in the 1950s whose work laid the groundwork for the discovery of the structure of DNA. 

@Allycat11 I’m with you on the nausea and exhaustion. Here’s to hoping we can get some relief at some point! 

@peachy0709 This infuriates me. I am constantly in disbelief that our medical system functions this way, especially in the emergency setting!!! 

@aecm and @dogmomma096 and @chillycanadian  Hope all goes well with your AS this week!

@chillycanadian I’m not 100% sure they ship to Canada, but I’ve loved some of the maternity summer dress options at Gap and Gap factory lately!

• Options
    @gcmomtobe19 - I was sharing the story with my OB/GYN and apparently that same thing happened to him!! It's insane. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @gcmomtobe19 thank you! At least we do have Gap here...so maybe there will be a few options!! (We never have as good selection as the American stores do)

My sister and I tried to go maternity shopping yesterday, and completely struck out. I can't pay $80 for 1 pair of jeans...especially "destroyed" jeans which are not my thing. Dresses (not at all the kind I was looking for) started at $120. 
  • Options
    aecmaecm member
    I tried to go maternity clothes shopping yesterday too, and struck out as well. Had to go to Target to find sandals for DD, so I tried on some summer tops....I liked them, but not enough to spend $25 on each. I may have gone for it during my first pregnancy, but this is likely my last, so I don’t want to buy a ton of clothes or spend a ton of money on something I’ll only wear for a few months. So annoying. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @chillycanadian @aecm I ended up having to to order things online... None of the stores around me have much (or any!) stock of maternity clothes in store. Gap sale and Gap factory prices were definitely MUCH better than $120 per dress though!
  • Options
    I got a butt load of second hand maternity clothes from a good friend today. Hopefully some of it works! 😁
  • Options

Hey guys I might be abit late joining this group but I just discovered this website :)

1. Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24/8/19 - 20 weeks 5 days 

2. Baby is the size of a(n): Banana 

3. What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green):  green! 

4. Upcoming Appointments: None that I’ve booked yet! 

5. How are you feeling?: more and more pregnant every day. 

6. Rants/Raves:  sharp ligament pains (especially when I sneeze haha) 

7. Questions: Is everyone else in Australia or are you guys mostly in USA/Canada? 

8. GTKY: If you could have dinner with any historical (no longer living) person or fictional character, who would you choose and why?  Ahhh this is a hard one.  I’d love to meet Queen Victoria because she sounded like an absolute character. 

• Options
    I’m so behind!!! So much to catch up on. I’ll do it tomorrow. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @AKuzReve Welcome back! how was London?
    @dogmomma096 Thinking of you and your AS, hope it goes well.
  • Options
    @mrosek91, London was so amazing. We had such a great time and ate so much good food. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @mrosek91 AS went perfect!! All looks great. Thank you for asking!