August 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Friday 4/12

How did you work it this week?! Yoga? Walks to the bathroom?

Image result for work it meme

Re: Fit Mama Friday 4/12

• hemlheml member
    I got in a few walks this week. I did gentle yoga on Monday, but had so much pelvis pain that night, so I'm gonna need to adjust. I think some of the twisting is what did it. I did Orangetheory on Wednesday and felt really great and energized after, even though I was huffing and puffing just walking between stations, HA
  • mkrelmkrel member
    So far I have gotten in two peloton workouts, a walk, and some really short 5 minute each arm/legs workouts.  The plan is a peloton workout today, but I'm exhausted so we'll see.  I am starting to feel so much bigger and had a huge jump in weight gain that is freaking me out.  I know it is normal and my weight gain was also not linear with my daughter.  It just messes with my head.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been working out during the week. I used my cold as an excuse the last couple of weeks, but it's just really difficult getting out of bed at 4:30am when I'm up every 2 hours to pee, and it usually takes me some time to fall back asleep. I've been doing my normal workout on weekends (4-6 mi run and strength training), but I'm worried it's too strenuous to do two days in a row, even if it is just two days a week. Maybe once it gets warmer and starts getting lighter out earlier, I'll go for shorter runs in the am before work.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @sw1122 you get up at 4:30am?! 
  • I started PT this morning for SI joint pain and sciatica.  I guess that was a little bit of a workout.  Otherwise I swam a 1/2 mile on Wednesday and have gotten out a couple times for long walks with the dog.  I have not been lap swimming in years but it felt great
  • I have clinical anxiety for which I take medication.
    Exercise has always helped keep my demons at bay. With pregnancy, I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to handle the changes or be strong enough.

Since finding out I was pregnant, I have been going strong with my 10k a day challenge. Walking between 10-11k steps a day is not fun sometimes but I love how it makes me feel and my dog is super grateful. The pregnancy has been - tough challenge with my anxiety but walking helps my mind so much. 
    By the time my little boy or girl is here , I’ll have walked almost 3 million steps. 21weeks tomorrow. I hope I can keep going.
  • My only exercise this week was walking around Epcot one evening.  But I have 2 races this coming week. 
  • @denma2015 swimming laps was a lifesaver for me last pregnancy!! I will never forget how good it felt diving into the pool the first time. It was like all my pregnancy aches and pains dissolved in the water and it was so nice to be able to do something that didn’t have to be modified for pregnancy in any way. I currently don’t have a pool to swim in but plan on joining the Y in the next month or so. I’d like to swim 3 days/week. For now I’m doing 4-5 30 minute beach body workouts/week and taking at least one yoga class. I also teach 4 yoga classes/week and walk my dog 1-2 miles 3 times/week. 
  • @mkrel - I have a 2 hr commute to work, so I need to get up that early if I want to fit in a solid workout ... that said, I haven’t made it to the gym during the week in 3 weeks 😬
  • I've been super sick since Wednesday so that has sucked. I didn't do any barre this week but I got 5 KMs - 10 KMs of walking done per day. London was 10 KMs - 15 KMs per day of walking! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @denma2015 @jmesue1030 Lap swimming has been my workout of choice for years (I was a competitive swimmer forever ago, in what feels like another life), and now that the weather is turning warmer I'm thinking about rejoining the Y. Not sure what to do about a suit since my regular suits I use for lap swimming definitely won't fit, but I'll figure it out.

I've been pretty bad about working out thus far. Mostly I've been getting in short sessions (half an hour) on the elliptical a few times a week, and getting out with my dog for walks. I know I want to do more, but I'm also starting to feel really unwieldy and uncomfortable when I move, and I know it's only going to get worse from here. I guess I just need to push past that and really commit to working out.