July 2019 Moms

Rib pain??

90% sure this baby girl is kicking me now that I caught the movement first hand by my right ribs! I keep getting these sharp pains but its only on the right side under my rib. I was freaking out reading all the stuff along the lines of that associated with preclampsia. Seeing the fluttering that I actually caught on video made me feel better (in a mental sense at least). I guess I was questioning myself if it was too early for her to be in anterior/posterior position at 27 weeks. I'll ask my doctor tomorrow but I'm pretty convinced she's figured it out lol! Anyone else feeling this?? How many weeks are you??

Re: Rib pain??

• I am 28 weeks and my baby girl is all over the place in there lol. Sometimes I feel like she’s running a marathon down low, sometimes it feels like she’s doing gymnastics all over the place. Recently on my right side under my rib it almost feels like I have a running cramp, but only for a couple of seconds.... nothing to bad yet. I saw my dr on Tuesday and he said everything is normal and come 30 weeks I will notice her movement changing again since she is getting bigger. Everyday is a new experience 
  • @jmh1696 Also keep in mind that with all your organs getting squished up, it could also be gas pockets in your intestines. I had a bad bout of a gas pocket in exactly that place for 24hrs hours with M around this time last pregnancy, and it hurt so so so badly I almost went to the hospital when it finally passed along. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow. I have an anterior placenta, so I usually feel him either on the side or down low. Getting kicked in the bladder is the worst😖 
  • Our little one seems to be able to reach all the way from my rib cage to my bladder. I swear a few times there's been a little hand running along the bottom of my rib cage, just checking it out. It feels weird, but it doesn't hurt. 
  • I had pre-eclampsia and HELLP with my first and the rib pain is no joke. It feels different than a baby foot and you can't really move it. Not to say it didn't come and go before we figured it out but I couldn't like move in a way to make it go away if that makes any sense.
    Definitely tell your doctor though and I'm sure they'll make you feel better about it!