Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Thursday 4/11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Thursday 4/11

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 26/4 A/L

CD/DPO: 25/10

Timing:  great

Typical LP length: 15 days 

Testing: maybe tomorrow 

R/R: stomach virus is back, for dh and I.  This is ridiculous, but I know it’s been happening to other people like this. 

CS/Q:
      Still fevered, or the most triphasic chart ever?

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: so I’ve decided on drink till it’s pink cause I’ll be in Cancun for a bachelorette weekend getaway the next few days. BFN today. 

R/R: cancun!!!!!! Sorry if I’m not tagging as much this weekend!

CS/Q:
    another temp spike this morning. FX

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kerco925kerco925 member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle:  5 AL

CD/DPO: 23/7 (or 9)

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: not sure

R/R:  I changed my chart to FAM and it changed my O date.  After analyzing all my other charts, I tend to agree because I have always had a pretty clear shift.  

CS/Q:

• Options
    flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 25/14?

Timing: -5, -4, -3, 0 (x2), 2, 3   {Probably not spot on as I don't do any ovulation testing and I'm just basing this on cervical mucus consistency.}

Typical LP length: no idea

Testing: Tested this morning. BFN :(

R/R:  Feeling like an emotional wreck today. I woke up at 3 am from a nightmare that I got a BFN. To make things worse (in the dream), there was someone there telling me that I was worthless and useless and that I would never conceive. I was planning on early testing this morning, so I did just that when I woke up. My dream came true with a BFN, and I've felt like complete crap since then. I've been crying buckets. I think my hubby might have to change his shirt.

Now I'm pretty much just waiting for AF, which I'm expecting by the end of the weekend.
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox have a great trip! 

@holly321 noooo! Time to bleach your house!

@flowntheloop so sorry about your dream and how it left you feeling today. TTC is such a mindf$&!. Do a little something for yourself today. You deserve it. 

Month/Cycle: 29/2 AL

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: good according to ff

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: bfn

R/R: Not feeling it today. Really on the fence about starting clomid next cycle or throwing in the towel all together. We are inching our way closer
    to 3 years of trying and idk how much more I can go. I’m just so tired. 

CS/Q: progesterone does wonders for charts 🙄
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited April 2019
    @holly321 - Oh no, feel better ASAP! *TW*
    Do you have someone to watch the kids?

@madcouplewithabox - I'm going to disagree with FF on your O day, and say that you are only 6dpo. So maybe bring some test to Cancun. Have an amazing trip!

@flowntheloop - I'm sorry for your dream and the BFN. After every BFN/AF, I tried to give myself a little break and do something that makes me feel better and not worthless or broken. Just remember only 30% of couples get lucky their first try, but 60% in the first 3 months!

@kbrown2385 - I'm so sorry that you are feeling discouraged and ready to give up. Just know that if you do make the decision to move on, that it's best for you and your family. If you make the decision to keep trying, it's also best for you and your family. Do what's right for you, and don't worry about anyone else's perceptions of you.

Hi all! Still here. AF is late by my calculations, but supposed to start today according to FF predictions. But, can't complain because I didn't track, lol. I got fooled by an evap yesterday and tested again super excited. I should know better than to get my hopes up by an evap, but hope is a crazy thing.
    I still haven't decided what I want to do next cycle. One day I want to just stop everything, all the tracking and meds, and just let whatever happen. The next day I'm all about selling my car so we can have money for an RE. Obviously, I'm probably going to settle on a middle ground and get the SA for DH and CD3/7dpo workup for me. 
    I might venture into the IF thread to ask this, but a GP can do an SA for DH right?
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies....so sad to see everyone is having a rough morning so far...try to stay positive and be thankful for all the great things amongst this difficult journey:-/ . I know I'm new around here, but I hope I can help encourage you all to stay positive and not give up hope!

@flowntheloop sorry about your BFN...sending love and positivity. Buy yourself something nice, maybe some ChickFilA??? ;-) I've been having crazy dreams as well that are so realistic I wake up and wonder what I've done or said and then I remember it wasn't real..lol.

@holly321 Feel better girl!!! 

@madcouplewithabox So jealous of you being in Cancun! Just have fun, have a margarita for us all.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/ not really sure....maybe 9 or 10

Timing: I think we did pretty good

Typical LP length: 14/15? Still trying to gauge this 

Testing: still really killing me to not test but that's because I'm alone all day thinking about it, but our relatives are coming and it will take my mind off of it, and allow me to wait until AF comes or doesn't come.

R/R: So excited to start Chelsea Handler's new book, heard such great things and I ordered it on Audible (which is now included with Amazon Prime?!). Also excited for our visitors and to eat so much pasta tomorrow night for Bday celebrations! 

• Options
    whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited April 2019
    @holly321 - Oh no so sorry about the stomach bug!
    @madcouplewithabox - Have fun in Cancun!
    @flowntheloop - I'm so sorry about the BFN and the dream! Agree that you should do something special and nice for yourself today...the BFN part of your dream was true for today but the mean things the person was saying were not, and there's no telling what today's BFN means for the future. Hugs to you!
    @kbrown2385 - so sorry you're having a rough day with it and about the BFN. Hope you can also do something nice for yourself today!
    Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 20/1 dpo (that's what I'm going with)

Timing: eh. -5, -2, -1 I think

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: nope

R/R: going on a date with SO to some dance/theater thing tonight so that's nice...

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I'm so sorry to hear about the BFN. I agree with the others that only you know what is the best route to take at this point. If you feel the need to take a break or cease TTC, it is totally understandable. I'm not sure what I'll do for myself today, if anything. Feeling in a funk for sure!

@marebear15 Thank you so much. Those statistics really do make me more hopeful <3 What do you usually do to treat yourself after BFNs/AF? *hoping that AF stays away for you*

@ktmaesim Thanks so much. I've been having crazy vivid dreams since I began TTC as well. I feel like my brain has been rewired!

@whitealbum29 Thank you for your kind words. *hugs back* And ohhhh! A date night sounds awesome! have fun!

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    @flowntheloop - More stats for you: 80% are pregnant after 6 months, and 90% after 12 months!
    When AF comes, I usually give myself the day off of my "clean eating" and eat some carbs and chocolate, go browse Target and let myself buy a trinket that I don't really need, and do some yoga. Also, just allowing myself to cry and be angry at the world/pregnant people, instead of always telling myself to suck it up, move on, and that it could be worse.
    I allow myself to have a day or two in that dark hole before I pull myself out of it. It's dangerous to stay in that mind frame for more than that amount of time for me.

@whitealbum29 - Have fun on your date with SO!
  • Options
    @marebear15 - I know SO's GP talked to him about doing a SA after a year is up for us, so I do think a lot of them can do it. I think I've also heard that an OB/GYN can do it for him?

@ktmaesim - Have fun with a bday celebrations! Mmm pasta
  • Options
    @brookert615 UGH....aint nobody got time for ppl that don't follow instructions, girl BYE
  • Options
    @brookert615 Ooo I get so mad at other people's inefficiency. I always say, "I can't wait to be in charge of something," (which is funny bc I run a literary arts journal so I *am* in charge of something, but--I do that for fun, not $$$.) Anyway, I wish you *were* her supervisor, not that I wish bad upon anyone really but inefficiency is the worsstttt.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  11/8

CD/DPO:  28/14

Timing: good but not good enough

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: BFN on CD12

R/R:  rave rave rave-  out of town at a pretty chill work conference through tomorrow. Had no morning responsibilities so relaxing and got a massage. At the pool now before afternoon responsibilities. Cannot. Complain. Rant - work emailing me about last minute meetings (at home) that I obviously cannot be at. 

CS/Q: noting to see because I stopped temping. Progesterone levels confirmed ovulation (corresponding to OPKs and Bbt) so that’s at least good. AF expected this evening tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @lcking82 That sounds so nice! Enjoy your time and ignore those emails lol! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox enjoy your weekend!
    @flowntheloop sorry for the bfn 
    @kbrown2385 at this point I want to burn the house down.  I am sorry for how you are feeling.  We said until September we would keep trying, but honestly, I sometimes just want to give up.  
    @marebear15 sorry for the evap getting your hopes up.  
    The kids are fortunately at school.  And since they are still getting over it and getting their energy back, they have been relatively mild.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: 26/9

Timing: Excellent

Typical LP length: 13-15 days

Testing: BFN with 3rd morning urine  :D  It was still 6:30 am!

R/R:Working from home today due to the snow storm we got. 

CS/Q: Nice increase but I compared my current chart with previous ones and nothing out of the ordinary

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited April 2019
    @holly321 I hope you and your H feel better!

@madcouplewithabox a bachelorette in Cancun?! Sound FANTASTIC! I am jealous.

@kerco925 I agree too. It's clear your O day is CD16.

@flowntheloop sorry about the BFN. 

@kbrown2385 sorry about the BFN. YOu have a lot of courage.

@marebear15 yes, a GP can order a SA. This is exactly what we did with my H. He gave my H a sterile cup and the address of a clinic where to drop it. Same for all the testing for you (CD3, ultrasound, HSG...). Your OB can order them.

@brookert615 Same thing, no need to go to a RE to get a SA. Your H should go to his GP and ask for one. If his SA is bad, you'll have to wait a few weeks and do another one. If the 2nd one is bad again, then his GP might refer him to a urologist to investigate further. It can take a while.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @rikiteacup how much snow did you end up with? Hopefully this is the last of it! 

@holly321 I haven’t really talked to dh about it but I think I’m willing to give it to the end of the year. I really hope this is the last of the stomach bug for you guys. 

@lcking82 glad you’re having such a nice work trip! 

@brookert615 I can’t stand working with people like that! 

@kagesstarshroom I’ve definitely been enjoying that book. Idk if it will really help make the decision. I just need to get out of my own head. It’s hard being at this point with absolutely nothing to show for it. I haven’t talked to dh yet, but I think I’ll give it to the end of the year and be done. 

@ktmaesim I haven’t seen audible is included with prime! I’ll have to check it out! 

@marebear15 sorry for the evap. Unfortunately it’s me coming to that decision by myself. DH is happy with where we are now and would be completely content with stopping. 

@whitealbum29 enjoy your date night!