Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 4/11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 4/11

• @chichiphin Ugh feel better! Man flu is the worst, especially if you catch it! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 2 (Looks like I have several cycle buddies!)

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, HIO 

R/R: Rant: I go here now. CD 1 came earlier than expected and gave me an LP of 8, which is unusual. At least I'm getting it over with though, ahead of my annual exam next week and DH's birthday.
    Random: Also, I just posted in randoms about feeling so weird at work right now because of a dream about my coworker. :worried:
    Rave: It's supposed to be 84 freakin' degrees this afternoon! My parents are coming over and we'll get food, which means I don't have to cook. 

CS/Q: Nothing to see here! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning, ladies! Happy Friday Eve!

@chichiphin boooo to spring colds/flu! Feel better soon! Good luck with bloodwork tomorrow. 

Month/Cycle: 9/8 (third cycle AL)

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, Fertility Friend, temping, OPKs, fertility tea, cutting down on alcohol and generally making healthy choices 

R/R: We finished with our taxes and we don't owe anything. Yay! I have  Long overdue appointment to get my eyebrows waxed today which I am weirdly excited about. Probably because I will be forced to lie down and relax for at least 15 minutes! 🤣

CS/Q: Aaand cue the BSC! Temp went up again this morning, BUT...both OPKs were still positive yesterday and only a tiny bit of watery CM. I don't know if I O'ed super early (for me) or if it's a fakeout like I had last month. So I am just going to sit over here and analyze past charts until I figure out wth is happening. 

• @MrsVP614 enjoy the warm (hot?) weather and your night off from cooking!
  • @emeraldduchess ugh lucky you don’t owe anything in taxes. We got screwed :( enjoy the self care/brow time!!
    @MrsVP614 enjoy the weather & time with your parents 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @inthewoods23 you might want to try asking on r/infertility about who has the cheapest drugs in your area. I found out for example that one major health sys in my area has the cheapest drugs in the metro area (I think because of 340B drug pricing laws?). 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @inthewoods23 I don't think you're weird at all! 
  • @inthewoods23:  I’m happy that you’re excited - it IS exciting!!  
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture 1x/week (2x/week during FW), Pre Seed, BBT, CM tracking & HIO two days on, one day off until I confirm O. 

R/R: I think my BBT is about to die because it's a couple years old & sometimes it beeps and sometimes it doesn't. So I just ordered a new one today! Hopefully, it arrives before I O so I can properly confirm it. Lol! We began to HIO on CD 10 and are doing two days on, one day off because I'm not using OPKs. So far, I have no real signs of ovulation, but hoping it isn't too far off. I will say that I am far more relaxed without the stress of the OPK and the whole HIO 2 days on, one day off seems to really be better for my DH's performance too. We plan to do this method for a few cycles before introducing the OPK back into my TTC cycles.  

CS/Q:
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @chichiphin, I hope you feel better soon! 
    @MrsVP614 every now and then I have strange cycles where I either O on like CD 10/11 or have a less than 10 day LP. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues happening. Sometimes our bodies just do funny things! Enjoy the warm weather. :)
    @emeraldduchess YAY for not owing any taxes! 
    @inthewoods23 Good luck at tomorrow's appointment! 
    **TW**

• @puppylove8910:  you may want to keep using the old one through this cycle, if you can. Swapping BBT can change your temps. Can always doubletemp to see if there’s a difference. 
  • Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: CM, CP, RHR, OPK, PNV, FF, Premom, trying to temp (see question)

R/R: Busy week with family coming in town and hosting a party on Saturday. My house is still a disaster and the first person comes in tomorrow afternoon.

CS/Q: There’s a little more detail in the TFAS thread but I haven’t really been able to get a full 3-hour stretch of sleep the last couple of days and I don’t really see that changing. 1. What do you consider waking up? Like if I wake up but don’t get out of bed or move too much, do you consider that enough to effect temp? 2. Should I just stick with a temp time and mark it as sleep deprived even if I don’t get a 3-hour stretch or should I try to temp when I know I’ve gotten a 3-hour stretch regardless of time?

@chichiphin – sorry that your RE wants to do more testing before y’all get off the bench. FX that you get a decision before FW. I hope you feel better.

@mrsvp614 – ugh sorry about the short LP this cycle. Enjoy the warm weather and dinner with your parents.

@emeraldduchess – yay for taxes being done and you don’t owe anything! Sorry about the BSC – hopefully there will be some clarity on O soon.

@inthewoods23 – GL with your RE appointment tomorrow.

@puppylove8910 – I’m glad you found a good HIO schedule that works for y’all.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Oh good point @lcking82!
    **TW**

• inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited April 2019
    @justkeepswimming8 as long as you don't move too much when you wake up in the middle of the night you're probably fine using the temp you get at your actual wake up for the day time.

@ruby696 I'll let you know in a few weeks about the follistim 🤣 I do find it interesting that quite a few people here have had side effects with letrozole and for me I didn't feel any different. Same with the progesterone. I didn't have any symptoms that really mimicked being pregnant. My TWWs felt the same as they did without meds
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I've had very brief, mild headaches (more like twinges) and a little bloating, but that's really it so far. I've also been exhausted after I take it and have been falling asleep really early, but that isn't one of the listed side effects, so maybe I'm just crazy tired? Lol.
  • @puppylove8910 I second @lcking82
    @justkeepswimming8 I agree with @inthewoods23 - if you aren't moving around/getting up and then fall back asleep eventually, I would still temp as normal 
    @ruby696 hopefully you won't get any terrible side effects! what kind of plant did you get? I got one for my office around 3 weeks ago and that ish is already dead... sigh I might need a succulent or something.

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin succulents need bright indirect light I think. Do you have that where you sit? I don't even see a window from my spot 😩

@ruby696 not sure! I've also been very tired at the end of the day but I'm not sure if that's just from getting old or from any meds 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @chichiphin It's an Orange Star (Ornithogalum dubium). Pic in spoiler. I have several green plants but always want flowers. My office is kind of low light though. Orchids don't stand a chance.

@inthewoods23 I'm afraid it's probably from getting old. 😂

• My office has a TON of sunlight, but I could put the succulent on a table away from the window maybe?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    @chichiphin If you have lots of light, a succulent should be fine. Get one of those cute little planters with lots of different succulents in it!

ETA: tag
  • @MrsVP614 Enjoy your dinner tonight!

@emeraldduchess Enjoy your eyebrow wax. It is funny when having your hairs ripped out seems like a vacation. I felt that way about my husband's recent root canal!!! Lucky guy... 😄

@inthewoods23 Not crazy at all. I hope the appointment goes smoothly tomorrow.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1ish

WAYDTGKU: Sex every other day starting after my period. If I ever get my period.

R/R: I went out and bought new black out curtains this morning for our bedrooms. I also got a new lamp and carpet runner. 

Now that the weather is nice I can repaint a dresser, bookshelf and storage unit outside. Having mismatched furniture is driving me crazy!

CS/Q

Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Jumping in here as well finally! 

Month/Cycle: 11/1 AL or is it? 

CD:18

WAYDTGKU: prenatals/ suplements / acupuncture / BBT / CM tracking / OPK/ SMEP

R/R: It's actually snowing today ughhhh..but this weekend looks like +12 so I'll take it! I've been getting a flashy smiley since CD14 and today finally the solid smiley. This is giving me hope that I will actually have a somewhat "normal" cycle post loss which I did not expect. 

CS/Q: nope, waiting to make the shift to FF so I can post my charts :) 
  • @chichiphin hope you feel better, last week DH and I were both sick

@inthewoods23 not weird at all! New steps are always exciting

@puppylove8910 I really like that HIO schedule, I hope it works out!

@ruby696 impulse purchases are the best, especially sprucing up the office space. I have a little cactus on my desk that’s somehow surviving with almost no natural light and water haha