August 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating w/o 4/4/19

What are you eating this week? 

Re: What my pregnant self is eating w/o 4/4/19

• hemlheml member
    I’m finally craving more/can tolerate veggies, so that feels like a huge victory. Maybe my body knows that GD test is right around the corner. HA. 

I still cant start my day without a big glass of OJ. 
  • Snow cones for days. DH showed up with one yesterday when he got home from work and it made my entire week.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just ate 4 bowls of cereal when I got home from work. Four!
  • mrosek91mrosek91 member
    edited April 2019
    Nothing... and I don't like it.
    I got a box of Aldi's BBQ veggie patties out of the freezer and put the entire box in the toaster (even though I usually only eat 2 at a time.)
    I then proceeded to decide I'm too hungry to wait the 15 minutes, and spent several minutes staring into my pantry where nothing looks good!! So I'm trying to be patient....

Updated to say I ate all 4, and a bag of CheezIts... I'm not really hungry anymore, but now I want something sweet...
  • I ordered 12 handmade mini donuts from a local caterer.   She always has a cupcake of the week and has started doing mini donuts too.  I'm excited to pick them up in about 30 minutes :p 
  • I'm surviving off of coffee and Jimmy John's. Craving tacos from a local fast food joint. But DS1 had tummy troubles last night. So that probably isn't happening tonight.
  • I was so excited to go to our favorite Spanish food restaurant last night. I ordered my ropa vieja with rice and beans and proceeded to vomit 3 times on the way home. This baby really hates meat. 😫 
  • Peeps are food, right?  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • That sucks @mia8263!

Ruffles & ranch dip. So, so unhealthy. Can't stop. 

I'm still struggling with vegetables. Sauteed onions & apples with pork tenderloin made me gag 2 nights ago. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Cinnamon rolls 😋 
  • Apple with PB for breakfast.

Ham sandwich for lunch (yes, cold cuts). 

Random assorted crap for dinner that I think there's hope that my kids would eat (spoiler, they haven't eaten much of anything I've cooked lately).
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Whoever was talking about the banana milkshakes at cookout a few weeks ago is my new best friend. I didn’t think cookout could get any better, but here we are. This discovery may be responsible for an extra 5-10 lbs of weight gain 😬😬. 
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 - So I've never been to Cook Out despite the fact that there is now one right down the street from my parent's old house and not far from where DH works (and I use to work).  Tell me what I absolutely must order! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @peachy0709 They have lots of choices, but I’ve never made it past the hamburger. It’s one of the best fast food burgers I’ve ever had. You get two sides with a meal, fries and onion rings are both good. And now we know the milkshakes are also amazing!!
  • I bought a Ghirardelli milk chocolate caramel bar this morning. It has 8 squares so I thought it should last me a week... It didn't even make it a day...
  • @mrosek91 I buy two of the ghirardelli dark chocolate Caramel bars every week! I usually eat two squares every night... sometimes 4.
  • I’m wanting alllll the sour candy. And nerds. But omg yes to ranch dip @WinchesterGirl I can seriously eat a whole bag of ruffles and bowl of ranch dip in one sitting. 
  • @WinchesterGirl ruffles and dip sounds amazing! 
  • @jmesue1030 you have a lot more self control than I do.
  • My top 2 have been raspberries and watermelon. I buy those pre-cut containers of watermelon at the grocery store and I swear I can go through 3 or 4 in one sitting. 
  • Was out EAster shopping for my littles and picked myself up a chocolate milkshake - it was everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Ruffles and dip are a regular weekend lunch for me, not pregnant.  I love dip!!

I’m  wanting alllllll the dessert baked goods, especially cakes and cookies.  Although that’s normal but I’m letting myself have all of them now 
  • @mrosek91 I’ve been doing it for years! I’ve been having double dessert many nights since being pregnant!

i need something easy but delicious to make for dinner tonight. Preferably not pasta— any good ideas? 
  • @jmesue1030, one of our favorite quick dinners is "3 ingredient skillet" you brown ground turkey in a pan, add a cup of salsa (we use peach-mango, for a slightly sweeter version), and cook for another 5-10 minutes. And then poach eggs in the pan. We use 1lb of turkey, 1 cup of salsa, and 6-7 eggs. We never have leftovers.

Another good option is chicken breasts under the broiler, this is one of our go-tos. Spread them on a cookie sheet, and cover with any sauce or salad dressing you have in the house (honey-mustard, Italian, BBQ). Cook for 6-8 minutes on a side. When we do that, we usually also serve rice, or mashed potatoes made from flakes, and a can of veggies (corn or string beans).
  • @mrosek91 That skillet sounds amazing! Might have to do that tonight!! Thinking about adding a sweet potato and cheese too! Maybe serving with tortillas? 
  • @mrosek91 update! I made it! Just added sweet potato to the skillet and served with shredded cheese and avocado. Yum! Thanks you for the idea!

i also bought an angel food cake, strawberry pie filling, and cool whip for dessert. 😋