Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 4/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 4/10

• Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 19...staying here one more day, I may have O'd yesterday but not totally sure

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, Clomid, Ovia, preseed, probably dialing back the OPK's 

R/R: We have ants in our kitchen! Like a lot. I spent an hour killing a bunch last night and obsessively looking for them and making a DIY trap but SO is getting real traps today. Also had a talk after our rough FW and agreed to dial things back next month...I'm going to take a break from OPK's but will of course pay attention to other things like CM. I think it will be a good mental health break...I might not even do Clomid next month and see if I O early enough on my own. Anyway it was a good talk and then we finished FW strong yesterday!

CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess - hmm maybe there will be a more conclusive amount of EWCM today! To me that sounds like it's coming but hasn't quite yet.
  • @whitealbum29 Cinnamon works wonders on ants! Have you tried it? You can create barrier lines at your doors (or their entrance point) to keep invading any further (and giving you time to clean up the scent trails they have left). We had to use it last summer in our kitchen as they kept wanting to take over!

@chichiphin Awww. I may be seeing you back in WTO by the end of the weekend (or early next week). *crossing fingers and toes for better news though* 
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @chichiphin:  yay, get in there, sport!!!  (That’s supposed to sound like a coach getting a kid excited to get off the bench...)

@emeraldduchess:  and.....you just reminded me that I didn’t drop my library book off before leaving for my trip this
    morning. Whoops. Hopefully DH can take it for me so I don’t get a late fee. 
  • @inthewoods23:  sorry, sorry, sorry. Also - your description of the weird lurker is cracking me up but believe me - you’re definitely a “known” and loved person here!!
  • @lcking82 thank you! It just feels like half the time I post in the dailies then ghost those threads and participate throughout the day elsewhere. Makes me feel like a lame contributor.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I feel the same about not participating in the dailies right now!
  • @whitealbum29 ants are the worst! We had a crazy invasion last week and I lost my shit. DH called an exterminator who sprayed everywhere (even inside the outlets) and they are gloriously gone. 

@chichiphin yay for off the bench! 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: FF to track BBT, OPKs, preseed, green tea to increase CM

R/R: I take Claritin and Flonase daily for chronic headaches. My endocrinologist told me to try it last year even though I tested negative for all allergies, and it worked to get rid of the headaches I’ve had for like a decade so I kept doing it. I checked to see if antihistimines were safe during pregnancy and they are, but last night it occurred to me to check how they are for conception. Spoiler: not good! Cool, cool. So I guess I will be discontinuing my headache regimen until I’m KU. I’m annoyed that I didn’t think to look into that before last month. 
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited April 2019
    @chichiphin - yay for not being benched anymore! It's go time!
    @flowntheloop - ooh thanks, I just mixed powdered sugar and baking soda after reading about it...I'll try cinnamon!
    @misshelen86 - I hope the transition to nights isn't too rough!
    @phoebe828 - eeeks I'm hoping we don't have to involve an exterminator! uggghhhhh. That sounds tempting tho since it was so effective... I didn't realize till about 4 months in that Ibuprofen isn't good for TTC, I generally take that for headaches and cramps but switched to Tylenol. Was super annoyed! Do the antihistamines just have an effect on CM or are there other concerns?
  • @lcking82 lol love it
    @inthewoods23 hi CD1 buddy - I'm sorry you're here, but I am excited for you to move on to a new chapter!
    @misshelen86 I need to try the yoga one - I've been meaning too. Hopefully the night shift transition goes smoothly 
    @phoebe828 ugh I'm sorry about that - I've heard they mess with CM mostly, but if you can handle not having them for a bit, might as well try!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• I’ll just share this info re:antihistamine and fertility here in case it helps/interests anyone else (I’m c&ping from a fertility clinic website):

At present, there are no well-designed clinical studies that have evaluated the effect of antihistamine use on fertility. However, research has shown that there are histamine receptors in the uterusand that human embryos secrete histamine. Interestingly enough, the interaction of histamine from the embryo helps the embryo implant into the endometrium of the uterus. However, there is one notable study showing that antihistamines decrease blood flow to the uterus. So while the majority of research suggests that antihistamines may interfere with reproduction, we don’t have a clear answer.

As previously mentioned, there are currently no well-designed clinical studies that reveal the effects of antihistamine use on female fertility. Furthermore, there is no hard evidence that antihistamines affect the effectiveness of In Vitro Fertilization treatment. While we hope for further insight into this issue in the future, we can only do the best with what we know now.

We do know that histamine is a naturally occurring molecule that may aid in implantation during IVF treatment. Moreover, we know that we may not want to hinder histamine production in the body when attempting to achieve pregnancy. Therefore, while limiting use of antihistamines when possible is reasonable, there is no evidence that this make a difference on your fertility or IVF outcomes. While allergy season rapidly approaches, make your best judgement regarding antihistamine use. If you can limit the use of medication in response to your seasonal allergies, this may be preferable to using antihistamines as your default response to this common ailment.

• @ruby696 you are a rockstar for self-injecting! Great job 🙌🏼
  • @ruby696 where are you inserting your injections? My trigger was always right above the butt and if I have to do that for my IVF stims I'm probably always going to need DH to do them because I probably won't inject it right. Most go in the stomach area right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Yes, in the stomach. It really didn't hurt when I did it, although it stung for a few minutes after. Trigger will be in the butt and DH will do that. I think you'll be surprised after YH does the first one that it's really pretty easy. I was actually surprised as I was doing it, like oh, this doesn't hurt at all.
  • @ruby696 YES I so agree with that! The first time doing the trigger I thought it was going to be the worst pain and then I barely felt it. Hopefully it doesn't feel to weird in the stomach. I hear they can sting though! Ugh, not looking forward to that part!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Man it's so quiet in WTO today. But I know quite a few in the TWW have been getting BFNs over the last few days so unfortunately we may be hopping in here soon.

I have been waiting all damn day for AF and FINALLY shows up just now. I liked it better when it started in the morning so I wouldn't spend all day wondering when it would start.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Yes, it's much too quiet today. Yay for AF - I'm so excited for you this cycle! 
  • @chichiphin I got "Mata Hari's Last Dance" by Michele Moran and "Victoria" by Daisy Goodwin.  I always get two in case one of them doesn't hold my interest! I'm so excited for you that you're off the bench! 

@misshelen86 good point that my temp went up! I usually have a much bigger shift, so it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Hope you had fun dress shopping yesterday!
    @whitealbum29 yuck to the ants.  We get the tiny ones every spring and I HATE it!  Good luck getting rid of them! 
    @inthewoods23 you can still hang out in the dailies (and bring Pinecone pics)! You are certainly not a creepy lurker. :)
    @phoebe828 I hadn't thought about antihistamines and conception. DH is taking lots of them now because of his allergies. *runs off to google if Claritin affects sperm*
    @ruby696 way to go on the injection! I remember when my mom was going through fertility treatments she had to go to her friend's house (he was a nurse) and have him do it. Neither she nor my dad trusted themselves. 
    @lcking82 I still owe about $2.50 in late fees from the books I took out over Christmas break. If you log onto my account it say "delinquent". I feel so ashamed! LOL

• @emeraldduchess I don't have a whole lot of pictures of Pinecone but I might totally do a daily Pinecone post here!!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Hey girl, hey. Also waiting for AF and CD1 so we can get on with it, already!

All of this Peloton talk is making me want to try it at the gym tomorrow! 
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3