November 2019 Moms

Fit Friday / Healthy Habits 4.5.19

This thread hasn't gotten much traction in the last few weeks, but I'm going to post it again anyways. 

Check in here if you want to discuss working out, eating healthy, or any other healthy habit you're working on!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
Eating healthy and working out 4 times a week + practicing self care.

2. How did you do this past week?
Not too bad overall. Last night my dinner was very healthy (avocado, grilled veggies, chicken) but then I age 5 of these little bites brownies and then I felt super sick. Today I continued my Friday tradition of getting a bagel for breakfast. I brought chicken for lunch, but I'm not sure I'll succeed in eating it.
I'm going to do my meal planning for the coming after I finish something for work.

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?
Meal planning like usual, and I'm going to make a big batch of egg salad so I have something easy to take for lunch. 

Re: Fit Friday / Healthy Habits 4.5.19

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    Low carb meals & exercise. 

Really good! Other than the chocolates someone left at my work but thankfully they're all gone now (not due to just me lol)
    I have been doing OK with my exercise, I did a Barre class this week and I highly suggest it for low impact and core engaging during pregnancy. As long as your Dr OK's it :) I am also going to a Yoga class on Sunday.
    Diet has been really good as well, almost all salads during lunch. Only on Monday did I splurge with some carbs at lunch and dinners have been on point as well. 

3. What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?
    I need to get back to meal planning, that messed us up a bit this week without advance planning but I was feeling lazy on Sunday. I am going to another Barre class on Wednesday and hope to keep it up every week in addition to my own workouts. 
  • @bmmims I love barre workouts! The place here is a hot yoga and barre class, so I can't currently go to them. :(

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    Increase veggie intake.

How did you do this past week?
    Not bad. When I meal plan, I do better. So with some of our meals this week I was more intentional about sneaking in veggies, like in both soups I added more stuff in there.

What are you planning on doing this coming week to set yourself up for success?
    I need to talk with my husband about helping me make time for us to exercise together. We had talked about doing that before I got pregnant, and then exhaustion/nausea hit, but I really need to get back into it. I just walked around the building here at work and realized my stamina is already down again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @creamcheeseplease thanks for starting this. I haven’t been posting on prior week one because I’ve just felt to shitty about my eating habits but I need to get my stuff together somehow. Got any good meal plan suggestions that worked for you this past week?

@bmmims I’m impressed by your ability to limit carbs right now. I feel like that’s all I eat!

@musicgal05 I’m with you on the needing more veggies train. Now that the weather is starting to warm up you should plan to go on walks with your husband to ease into your exercising together plan :)

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    Trying to keep my veggie intake up. Normally I eat tons of vegetables (pre-pregnancy) but it’s so hard to stomach them right now. 

So-so. Made butternut squash risotto and added in a bunch of mushrooms, zucchini and spinach. But that only lasted the beginning of the week and after that I didn’t do as well. May go out to dinner tonight with the husband and if so I’m going to get something with lots of veggies-maybe prepared restaurant style I’ll be okay. 

ugh idk. I never have had issues with fitting in veggies. I still can’t stomach the thought of salad for lunch which has been my go to in non-pregnant life. Anyone have any ideas?? I seem to be doing better with raw veggies but only really like celery, carrots and pepper raw. 
  • @bmmimms I'd like to try barre, but I'm not sure about starting now because I've never done anything like that before. I am pretty active overall though (or was...) 

@musicgal05 you also just get out of breath much faster while pregnant. It's the worst! What do you and YH like to do for exercise?

@kopp5988 I really want to eat more vegetables (like in life as well, even after baby comes haha). I don't have too many food aversions so I have no problem with stuff like chicken stir fry (which because I'm gravitating more toward salty food works well for me and allows me to put extra veggies in there too). I also straight up ate avocado which was great. If the raw veggies are working for you I say that's fine for now! As the summer gets going you'll likely be able to do some grilled veggies.
  • 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on right now?
    Not really watching food, I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary so not worried yet. I don’t feel great after every meal though so it’s kind of a game right now with what to eat. Exercising 5x week. Definitely sticking to barre, have not had the energy to cycle. Cardio is not my friend these last two weeks.

Ok! Pure barre 4 times, one peloton ride. Much better than the week before but still feeling like poop. 

Really try to weed out the items I think are making me ill. I have a feeling it might be cheese so honestly, I’m just in denial at this point 😂

@creamcheeseplease barre forever. So good! If you’re relatively fit it won’t be a hard transition. 
    @musicgal05 out of breath, me too! Right away. My heart rate is normally 50/55 and it spikes to about 120 just walking up the stairs. I don’t have a problem controlling during working out but I feel you! It’s like being hungover all the time!!!! Good for you for committing to workout with the hubs! That’s a challenge.
    @kopp5988 that’s so funny re: veggies I feel like that’s all I want. Then of course the thought of making an actual salad exhausts me and it’s crackers again. 
  • just trying to keep this thread going throughout the week.. how did everyone do this weekend? I feel like I did pretty well, I worked out twice (run on Saturday and strength workout and a walk on Sunday). I ate a lot of junk though including McDonalds on Saturday. I won't work out today other than a walk at lunchtime.
  • SO. HUNGRY. today. It's almost 10:30 and I've already eaten 3 pretty large meals. Hopefully this is giving me energy for a great lunch time workout??
  • @creamcheeseplease I followed Bikini Body Mommy and Blogilates before getting pregnant. Blogilates (look it up on YouTube!) is my favorite but not pregnancy friendly! We're going to try to do the prenatal workouts from BBM together. I have such a hard time with accountability to workout during the week. Over the weekend I get enough activity just keeping up with my kids! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cl4157 ooh, I should monitor my heart rate more! I'm usually in the low 60s at work, but resting rate I just checked here in the office told me 76bpm. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cl4157 yeah I miss salads but just can’t stomach the thought. I think it’s more the thought of dressing (any dressing even simple oil and vinegar) makes me feel blech. All I want is fruit. I’m hoping when I hit the second trimester I’ll be able to get back on my big salad game.

Did good on my workouts this weekend. Did stair master on Saturday and an 8 mile run Sunday. Yesterday I walked to work (about 2.6 miles round trip) and then did a half hour of strength training (specifically legs). My run on Sunday felt not terrible, it felt harder than it did pre-pregnancy but I wasn’t as exhausted feeling during it as runs in previous weeks. My half marathon is in 4 weeks so we’ll see how that goes. After I finished the run at 130pm I literally sat on the couch the rest of the day hahaha. I’ve been able to get bit more veggies in this week so far, but have had turkey hot dogs the last two nights so I guess it’s a give and take right now. 
  • @kopp5988 I'm so impressed with your 8 miles! Just take the half as easy as you need to and you'll be fine. I'm considering doing a 5k in a couple weeks and that's as hardcore as I'm going to get, haha.
  • @creamcheeseplease yeah I’ve been running at like 2.5-3 min/mile slower than my last marathon pace. I plan to stick to that and walk through all the water stops (and more than that too if needed). I’m just wanting to finish. I think I’m gonna make a shirt that says My First Half Marathon having the words on my stomach and using that as my announcement. Everyone who knows me knows this is no where near my first half marathon so I’m thinking it will be pretty easy to figure out. And you should totally do the 5k! You could always walk it if you’re not feeling it that day. I feel like it’s important to keep some normalcy while it’s still possible hahaha. 
  • @kopp5988 that is so cute! I love that idea. I really wanted to order a maternity running tank that I saw several years ago that said "running for two" on it and little baby feet near the stomach part. I haven't been able to find the exact one I was looking for so I may need to settle. And hide this purchase from MH since he would consider this an extreme waste.. haha. It was sort of like this - I'll probably end up with this one: https://fortwofitness.com/products/running-for-two-racerback-tank-top

And, thanks.. I'll probably do the 5k as long as I can find someone to watch my son, even though sometimes I just get really down about my fitness level. I've run 6 marathons and countless half marathons and the thought of paying to slog through like a 36 minute 5k hurts my pride sometimes.. haha. So dumb because its not like I was incredibly fast or anything before. 
  • @creamcheeseplease that’s a cute tank! I totally feel you though. It definitely hurts my pride to be running so slow. Especially when I’m out for a run a people pass me by- I just wanna yell out I’m pregnant! I’m going slow on purpose! Hahaha
  • kopp5988 said:
    @creamcheeseplease that’s a cute tank! I totally feel you though. It definitely hurts my pride to be running so slow. Especially when I’m out for a run a people pass me by- I just wanna yell out I’m pregnant! I’m going slow on purpose! Hahaha
    Hahaha yes exactly hence my desire for that tank top.. so everyone will know I'm pregnant, lol. However I did just realize that is $50!!
  • You guys are amazing for running! I go up the stairs and I'm out of breath... Going from working out at the gym 5 days a week to work and couchin' it all night, I can't wait for the second trimester to start working out again!
  • Yay, I'm going to get in on this thread! We can keep each other motivated!

Last week was my hardest week so far with staying active. I was so wiped out! I managed one 3 mile run, one strength workout, and 2 3 mile walks during the week. Saturday I did a veeeerryy slow 6 mile run and Sunday a slow 10 mile bike ride. Exercise is my normal and it is crazy how much it has changed for me already! 

@kopp5988 I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one slowing down that much! I ran a half marathon in January at 8:30 pace now I'm barely chugging along at 10:30-11!

• @creamcheeseplease wow! That’s pricey! I’m buying $9 iron on letters from amazon and going high school craft level for this shirt, maybe some puffy paint... lol

@swedishmeatball I’ve definitely decrease my workouts like crazy. Also hoping the second trimester is better. 
  • @runningfortwo81 yeah it’s crazy how much it slows you down! I wasn’t expecting it at all. Exercise is my normal too so it’s weird to go to the gym for just 30 min whereas before I was going for 90 min (half cardio half strength) most days. 
  • @kopp5988 the pride being hurt is so real. I’m pretty sure it will destroy me at some point during this pregnancy. I am not ultra competitive either... I just can’t stand not being able to do my best or push when I mentally want to. 
  • bmmimsbmmims member
    edited April 2019
    @kopp5988 my dr highly suggested I stay low carbs because of my weight gain with my previous pregnancy. I can admit, I needed something with strict control.
    I crave them like crazy but I am hoping that decreases sometime soon. I LOVE my halo top desserts, they have helped with my sweet tooth.