November 2019 Moms

Re: Randoms w/o 4.8

• TB app was acting crazy and switched to my old username of @waldropra which is not accurate. This is the real me :wink:
  • @rawa1416 that happened to me before and I had posted on my old s/n oops :) 

It's supposed to be pretty warm today but its raining. still, I'll take it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @creamcheeseplease I’m fine with one check-in group 

super warm here today too, I got to walk to work which is great since my cardio game is struggling right now so at least I got some walking in
  • @creamcheeseplease I'd rather have just one group check in. Then I can get to know everyone better and interact easier. 

It's nice out here, too! I need to get out and walk at lunch time. But apparently Wednesday/Thursday there are going to be storms here and snow/blizzards north of us?! I'm in central Iowa, but north Iowa and Minnesota are supposed to get it! Yuck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @creamcheeseplease totally in on the one group check-in. 

It was really nice here too! Finally started to feel like spring. We have a group work lunch today and I'm so nauseous at the idea of sitting and forcing myself to eat in front of people. I'm running out of excuses for my weird behavior at work lol. 

• I like the idea of one check-in. 

Just another day laying on my couch. I wish I could go to the gym and workout some. Or just clean the house some. 😫
  • @emeraldcity1214 ugh that sucks I’m sorry, when’s your next appointment to find out if the SCH has resolved itself yet? 
  • @kopp5988 I go this Thursday for an US. 
  • I’m totally loving the one check in! I feel like there’s so few of us in group 4, it’s nice to keep up with everyone. Especially seeing what is ahead for all of us at the end of the month. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I hope everything has cleared up or started to shrink at least- good  luck on Thursday 
  • @christalfung I highly recommend Dark. It is a very good show. You can't watch it and do other things though. It requires your full attention so you don't miss anything. 
  • I think we need to start a Sex/gender thread. We could make it a poll so everyone could vote once they find out and then we could announce it in the comments. What does everyone think? 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I think it would be a good idea.  I vote yes lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • musicgal05musicgal05 member
    edited April 2019
    With such nice weather and being outside, I'm really craving a beer! My husband and I are craft beer fans, and National Beer Day was yesterday and I really wanted a stout! Anybody else? I've even got a profile on the Untapped app to log all my beers lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also you know what's the worst? Pants. Jeans. Underwire bras. Everything constrictive. I just wanna lay around in a robe all day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @musicgal05 yes, definitely. We go to a Wine and Beer tasting festival every year with some friends and I’m not looking forward to missing out this year. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @musicgal05 yesss, girl!! I just want to be comfortable. 
  • So I have a mountain of laundry to fold and I need to clean my kitchen and floors today. I will likely do it all in small bursts so I can rest in between. Plus I have to start working on graduation stuff for my little kindergartener. I have to do a poster board of different things she has worked on over the year. We built the life cycle of a butterfly so I will display that and I plan to print out pictures or some of her field trips. We have had such a fun year. I'm so excited for her. DH has his oral boards for his license the same weekend as her graduation so he will miss it. My MIL is coming though so at least she will have someone besides me there cheering her on. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 aww that’s so exciting! Do they display all the poster boards at the graduation? And good luck to YH on his boards! Licensing exams are exhausting!
  • @emeraldcity1214 aw that's so cute about the kindergarten graduation. Good luck to your husband! 

@kurtni @musicgal05 there is nothing better (IMO) than a cold beer outside on a summer day :( I will miss that this year. I already told MH that he needs to make sure to purchase extra delicious fall beers for me to sample once baby is born. 

So, I had posted in the maternity clothes thread that the jeans I had ordered were actually side panel, and I didn't want them, but after trying them on I decided to keep them - they're pretty soft and stretchy and seem to be good for the in between right now. I don't think I'll be going back to my regular jeans and pants at this point, just going to wear these and the couple of maternity pants and regular dresses that I have. 
  • My husband and I watched the third Harry Potter movie last night, so for those who know the books/movies- during the scene where Harry makes his Aunt swell up like a giant balloon and float away, my husband said that’s gonna be me soon hahaha. I was like your lucky I’m in a good mood right now!
  • @kopp5988 yes, since there are 18 graduates each child gets a place to display their work. DH took his written boards a year ago and that was way more stressful than this. He does really good in interviews so I don't see him having a problem staying calm and answering their questions. Also, I'm a huge HP fan. My favorite movie, aside from The Deathly Hallows, is The order of the Phoenix. I can't watch them that often though because I don't let the kids watch them. They are way too young and the movies are way too dark. 

• I'm about to stop by Popeyes and get some biscuits and mashed potatoes and gravy. I can already taste it. 
  • Mmmm popeyes.

I happened upon a table of sweets that was set up for some sort of meeting here today and snagged a lemon bar. It was SO GOOD.
  • Mmmm biscuits!!! And Harry Potter! I’m a diehard fan of the books and movies. I’ve been considering getting a lightning bolt tattoo. If you haven’t listened to the HP podcast Binge_Mode, do it now!! 
  • Oooo biscuits. I had a baked potato with lunch that was about 50% salted butter. It made my day. And I haven’t heard of that podcast hmmm may have to check it out.
  • @mvc003 tell me more about this HP podcast. 
  • We had the kennel give our dogs baths last weekend. They've done it before and the pups always look so good after. Apparently pregnant me cannot stand the smell of the soap they used. Its never bothered me before. My poor dogs want to be near me and I can't stand how they smell! It's not even a bad smell.
  • @emeraldcity1214 oh it's sooo good! They break down each of the 7 books, chapter by chapter. It's funny, thoughtful, adult content lol. MH turned me on to it. I was a little weirded out at first, but I got hooked super fast.

Here's an article on nytimes about the podcast: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/books/binge-mode-podcasters-harry-potter-game-thrones.html 

• @mvc003 maybe I need to read each chapter again before listening. This could be good material to listen to while cleaning. 
  • @mvc003 I did a Harry Potter themed skit in college on a sports team I was on when we were at a training camp on spring break so that seems right up my ally hahaha
  • @christalfung have you watched Ozark or I’m Sorry on Netflix? Both are good. I also have been watching Catastrophe but that’s on Amazon prime. 
  • @creamcheeseplease I swung by target the other day and the only jeans they had in my size were side panel so I got them. Pretty comfy but I did find I had to tug them up a bit throughout the day. Guess my butt isn’t big enough yet! Lol
  • @gapmom2019 yeah mine sort of drooped as the day went on, wore them yesterday. I think they'll end up being perfect in a couple of weeks. I'm wearing a pair of regular jeans today and they close, but I already regret this decision haha.

I'm doing to have my blood draw for the NIPT today. I hope the lab isn't busy so I can sneak out of work without anyone finding out. Usually that's not too hard since I work in a huge building/business so I could really be anywhere, haha.
  • I have been binge watching Private Practice since I'm on modified bedrest. I do not recommend it during pregnancy. If I wasn't already in so deep I would stop watching it. The amount of tears I have shed over this show is ridiculous. 
  • Successfully snuck out and blood draw complete... now my problem is I don't really want the leftovers I brought for lunch :(
  • @creamcheeseplease isn't that the worst when you don't want what you brought in?? When do you hear back about your NIPT? I still haven't heard back from my insurance about whether it's covered. 

• @mvc003 I had the same stir fry for dinner on Monday, and for lunch yesterday, and now for lunch again so I'm just done at this point. I wandered down to the cafeteria but nothing there looked good to me either so I'm trying to suck it up and at least eat some of it. I should hear back from them (Counsyl) in 2 weeks or less (what the paper I was given when I had my blood draw said). I looked on their web site though and it says 1 week. I did this with my son as well and my insurance was super vague about whether they would cover it, and so I ultimately just went for it, which is basically what I'm doing this time around. The paper I got today also said that within 1-2 days after they receive my sample they contact you and tell you what the potential out of pocket cost would be if your insurance doesn't pay.