Baby Names
Options

What did you name your baby?

I’m due within the week and still have no name for my daughter. My husband is stuck on Penelope (I insisted on calling her Nellie if Penelope was used) but Penelope just doesn’t flow with our last name. I need new and fresh options. I like very uncommon, unique names and that’s more of what I’m looking for this time. I like unisex names as well. This is our 5th and final child. Siblings are:

11 Chase Matthew
9 Michael Robert- ex wanted a JR.
6 Liam Ryan
4 Carly Jacqueline-my mother’s name is Jacqueline Carla

Re: What did you name your baby?

• Options
    Why not just name her Nellie? It’s nicknamey but seems like a good fit for sister Carly. And Nellie is much less common than Penelope. Or Nelle nn Nellie. 

• Options
    Mia Penelope
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont care for Penelope or Nellie.....

Adele 
    Alexis
    Helen
    Thea
    Gwyneth 
    Norah
    Gertrude (Trudy)
    Corrine 
    Sloan
    Vivian 

• Options
    I don’t like Nellie as a first name but it was a better nickname for Penelope than penny is and I don’t like Penelope 
  • Options
    gkr6690 said:
    I don’t like Nellie as a first name but it was a better nickname for Penelope than penny is and I don’t like Penelope 
    Well you shouldn’t even consider Penelope if you dislike it. Are there any other examples of names you’ve considered? Here are some uncommon suggestions 

Phoebe
    Gwendolyn
    Zara
    Louisa 
    Blake
    Willa
    Imogen
    Iris
    Leonora

• Options
    Ashton
    Allison
    Georgia
    Jillian
    Camden
    Miriam
    Natalie
    Pearl
    River
    Thea
    Tessa
  • Options
    Georgia and Tessa are my favorite suggestions so far!
  • Options
    I have a Penelope and we call her Opie, or occasionally Elle. I LOVE the name, but I agree with PP that if you don’t like it then you shouldn’t even consider it! 

I love the suggestions of Phoebe and Georgia. They’re both solid, and kind of spunky.