November 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 4/1

Random thoughts and discussions go here!

Re: Randoms w/o 4/1

• I have a ton of emails to send out for work today and its super tedious and boring. It ends up being around 600 individual email notifications. It will probably take me all day today and part of the day tomorrow as well. On the plus side, I have to take DS to the doctor on Wednesday so I might ask to work from home.
  • @creamcheeseplease woah that’s a lot of emails! I love working from home for tedious tasks like that though because then I can focus without coworkers asking me a million questions on other unrelated things distracting me. Though I also don’t have any LOs at home to distract me.

So I got the results of my biopsy from last week and it is a basal cell carcinoma. I’ll have to have surgery to remove what’s left of it. I wish I had asked more questions when they called but I hadn’t thought to and now they aren’t open until Wednesday so I have to wait.  From what I’ve read, 99% of the time it doesn’t spread anywhere outside of the skin, but I can’t help but worry. I’m trying hard not to though because I don’t want to have any physical anxiety that could affect the baby.  Terrible timing, it actually appeared back at the end of the summer but I thought nothing of it and now I’m kicking myself for not doing anything sooner before getting KU. Lesson learned.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry your biopsy came back as the carcinoma @kopp5988. I hope you can speak to the doctor as soon as possible on Wednesday and hopefully get some reassurance about the possibility of spreading. 
  • @kopp5988 I'm so sorry it came back as cancer. Hopefully it won't spread from the one spot they found. 

I went to my MOPs meeting this morning and spent 3 hours just hanging out with my mom friends. I ended up telling 3 of my friends I'm pregnant. I don't mind them knowing because they will be a great support group for me if something happens to this pregnancy. 
  • @creamcheeseplease @emeraldcity1214 thank you! The doctor said when he was taking the biopsy that I could probably wait for the surgery until after I give birth because of how slow they typically grow, but I’m not waiting. I’ll just be scared until they remove it. But he clearly isn’t concerned so part of me knows I shouldn’t be either. 

@emeraldcity1214 plus more people to send positive vibes or prayers(if your religious) your way for a healthy pregnancy and baby
  • @kopp5988 yes, they are definitely praying for me and this baby. 
  • Hoping this is the right discussion board for this question... I'm new to this!

Had my FET on 2/28. Had first u/s on 3/24, when dr said embryo should be 6.2 weeks, but measured at 5.6 weeks. 1 week later, 4/1, embryo measured at 6.4 weeks, but we saw the heartbeat at 120 bmp. Dr wants to see more growth and hear the heartbeat in 1 week from now. Any similar experiences??? This stuff is crazy-making, I tell ya!!! 
  • @creamcheeseplease that's a lot of emails! When I travel I start missing emails, but right now I'm at 38 unread, and that's actually a record high for me!

@kopp5988 glad to hear you're taking care it of! If the doc isn't acting worries, I'd give myself the freedom to relax over it too. :)

@emeraldcity1214 so great that you've got a support group! I've been wanting to tell my best friend, but I have to make time to tell my husband's side of the family first since we told mine yesterday. But she is just gonna be so happy and supportive I can't wait!

@babymine1985 ah! Babies can be so fickle! Nice to get to hear the heartbeat in another week, though! I don't mind listening to that sound one bit!

My random for today: I don't know if you guys are Aldi lovers like me, but I just went there today to stock up on office snacks to try to help curb the nausea... I got this Elli Complete whole milk yogurt that has all these healthy add ins that's making my life right now. It has vanilla yogurt, walnuts, chia seeds, pecans, and dark chocolate chips! I don't even usually like yogurt, but this just looked so good.The other flavor I got is german chocolate, so I assume it'll have chocolate yogurt, pecans, coconut, and a few other super healthy things. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @musicgal05 that sounds amazing. I’m obsessed with Aldi! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kopp5988kopp5988 member
    edited April 2019
    @musicgal05 I usually do like yogurt but have only been able to have it in smoothies for the past few weeks or it grosses me out, but those yogurts sound amazing and something I could get on board with. May have to go to my local Aldi this weekend!
  • I have tried to like yogurt. I have tried different brands, different flavors, etc. I just can't enjoy it. It grosses me out when I'm not pregnant so there is no way I could tolerate it pregnant. 
  • I’m the same way with yogurt @kopp5988 and @emeraldcity1214. Really grosses me out with the texture and tangy-ness. 
  • Yea, yogurt is disgusting. I want to throw up just thinking about it. I’ve tried all sorts of yogurt too. I gave up on it a long time ago. 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• Hi All, 
    When I went in for my first ultrasound at 7w4d, they noticed I have a 2 cysts on one ovary and 1 cyst on the other due to the meds to produce more eggs. They said that is normal. But one cyst was shaped weird and they couldn't get a good look so I am going back in this Friday.   The person doing the ultrasound was a practitioner nurse so I will meet with the doctor on Friday.  

Have anyone here had a cyst on their ovary when they went in for the ultrasound? 

other that... the ultrasound went well. The baby measured 7w1d and had a heart rate of 141 bpm. 

• @mczzi7788 yes!  They saw it during one of my third tri growth scans in my last pregnancy. I had a csection and they ended up biopsying it, beneign fortunately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol @Kurtni @xilovemybabiesx @mvc003 and @emeraldcity1214, I normally hate yogurt, on its own. But with all the nuts, chia seeds, and chocolate chips, it gives it a better texture than plain yogurt on its own! And yes @kopp5988, if you find it try it and let me know what you think! I might go back for more!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kurtni oh glad it was benign. I was not sure if I would have to wait until after delivery and see if it goes away or if I would need to do surgery while pregnant. I read that they normally go away after labor. Thanks for sharing. It makes me nervous since I am only 7w5d along. I have a long way to go. 
  • I love yogurt :) I eat several each week!
  • So last night I watched a funny dog video on Instagram. I started laughing so hard no sound was coming out because I couldn’t breathe well enough. I then started crying, like tears pouring down my face crying from laughing so hard. Then my body got confused and for the next 5 minutes I was half laughing but still just crying. I’m gonna go ahead and blame the hormones. (Side notes husband laughed at the video a normal solid laugh so it definitely wasn’t the funniest thing I’ve seen or anything)
  • @kopp5988 I had a laughing fit the other day...  I was watching a funny video, while my daughter and I were cuddling on the couch.  And I was looking at her and she had this strange look with her eye bulging out basically and it just gave me the worst laugh where I thought I had peed myself  :|  oh boy!  I know cat videos do the trick to make me laugh uncontrollably but somehow her face...  It just blew me up.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I found out last night that our little bean has the same due date that my husband was due! His mom told us last night that he was due 11/6 but he was born 10/24! Just a fun coincidence that it's the same. 😁
  • I keep thinking its Friday.. but its not, still Thursday :( On the plus, I hear my H is cooking tonight so that is nice. 
  • @creamcheeseplease Ahhh same! Surely I've worked a full week already! I think I'm going to work from home tomorrow bc I finally have a day without a lot of meetings. 
  • @runningfortwo81 yes to working from home! I WFH yesterday, but I'm not supposed to do it too often. I do plan on seeing if I can negotiate 1 day per week from home once I hit 20 weeks and when I return from leave though. I negotiated that with my last job, but I was much more important at that job haha, and I was super close with my boss then. However, this time around my supervisor is sort of a pushover with stuff like that and he likes to think of himself as very sensitive to family issues. 
  • Happy Friday guys!
  • @creamcheeseplease yes, girl! Friday is welcome with open arms today. What a dang week. 
  • Who here is hyper pumped for the Avengers Endgame movie!? My husband and I watched all the movies in chronological order before Avengers Infinity War came out, we saw Captain Marvel twice, and can't wait for the Endgame! #supernerdy Only downside is the friends we go see all the Marvel movies with can't make it to town till the weekend after it releases and I'm so bummed! I told my husband we just need to see it twice, but he's all loyal to the friendship or whatever... lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @musicgal05 I usually suffer through those movies with my teenager. It is so painful for me. They are too long and way too predictable. 
  • I have never even seen any of the avengers.. haha. 

It is freezing rain here! It was 70 on Wednesday and now its cold again. I wish it was June already.
  • @creamcheeseplease we will be moving into 2nd tri around June. 😁
  • @emeraldcity1214 🙌🏼 Bring it on! Praying that this morning sickness is 1st tri only! 

@creamcheeseplease not quite freezing rain here but still rain. It was 75 Saturday and then 29 on Tuesday morning like what the heck! I’ll settle for May! Lol
  • @emeraldcity1214 can't wait for a summer second tri! alllllll the maxi dresses, every day! I will miss cocktails outside though.. @kopp5988 I almost said I can't wait for May too since its so much closer but then sometimes even May here can be hit or miss! I mean if it could just not be freezing rain, I could deal with the upper 40s/50s. I wanted to jog after work but I'm not sure I will with the weather.

• I'm so sick of laying on my couch and it has only been 2 days. 😫