October 2019 Moms

NT/NIPT Discussion Thread

Re: NT/NIPT Discussion Thread

• @marbellie I’m so happy to see your update and so happy for your family!!  ❤️❤️❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • @marbellie I am so happy that you got some good news.  I’ve been thinking of you and glad to see you back here!
  • @marbellie I also said this in the ttgp, but I'm so freaking happy for you all! Such great news!! 💚 
  • yay yay yay @marbellie!!!
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Last week I had my genetic counseling appt as well as my NT scan and blood draw for genetic testing. They told me it's a 10 day wait, and it's currently been 5 business days so I won't hear about sex and genetic results for another 5 business days. Wahh. It feels like such a long wait!! 

It was also a pretty stressful scan -- they had 3 different people come in to look at me and it was taking FOREVER, but no one would tell me why. Then finally the third woman, who turned out to be an MD, not the tech, told me that they had gotten one measurement that was just above their threshhold, so cue freak out. She did more measurements herself and in the end told me that she was confident that that one outlier was due to the baby's positioning and movement (baby was really not cooperating at all!!), rather than being an accurate measurement, since they couldn't replicate it and all of the other measurements were normal. So I know I should be relieved, but of course a part of me is going to worry until we actually get the results back. 

• @SLou24, I'm so sorry for the scare at your scan. I hope you blood test results come back soon so you can out the worry out of your mind once and for all! ❤
  • @galentine Thanks!! This 10 day wait is so long!!! 

@marbellie I just read through and caught up on what you went through -- I'm so happy to hear that you got good results in the end!! 

• @SLou24 sorry about the worrisome scan too, try to take comfort in the fact that it sounds like it wasn't an accurate measurement. Deep breaths and I hope that your results come back soon and all negative :)

And thanks!
  • So speak of the devil... just after I posted here I got a phone call with my results. Low risk for downs syndrome and other trisomies but apparently I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis. I don't remember that result when pregnant with DD so I'm freaking out. Maybe they didn't test for it last time? Maybe they did and H wasn't a carrier so it was a non-issue and that's why I don't remember? Either way I'm sitting in Starbucks crying even though I know I don't necessarily need to freak out at this point. So H will have to get tested to see if he's a carrier too -- if he is, there's a 25% chance of CF. 
  • @SLou24, oh my goodness, you can't seem to catch a break. Try to stay calm for baby, because it's highly likely everything is just fine! I hope your H's results come back quickly so you can have peace of mind. Sending big hugs. ❤
  • @SLou24 sorry for the scary news. I know nothing can stop the fear and tears, but I'll pray for you and just remember: it's more likely that your H is not a carrier and even if he is, then it's more likely still that baby is healthy anyways with a 75% chance of not having it.
  • @SLou24 So sorry to hear this! I would be confused too why that wasn't disclosed during your first pregnancy. Sounds like your DD doesn't have CF though, so the likelihood of having another healthy, perfect child is great. Thinking of you!
  • @junebabyh @galentine @marbellie thanks so much ladies!! I really appreciate it. I know that most likely it will be fine, it's just so hard not to worry. 
  • mchalfpintmchalfpint member
    edited April 2019
    @marbellie what a relief!!! I'm so happy for you.

@SLou24 that has to be so scary! I'm sorry you're going through that stress.
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• I just had my scan and blood draw this morning! I was so excited to find out the sex, but I guess the first trimester screening they do doesn’t do sex. Hoping for a speedy turn around!
  • @marbellie I'm so glad you're back with such good news! What a weight to be lifted from your back!
    @slou24 I'm so sorry you're having such a stressful time. As previous posters said though, greatest probability lies with your H not being a carrier. Fingers crossed for you that all goes well with his testing.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Has anyone had testing done through progenity? That’s who my doctor ordered the testing through but all I’m reading about online are horror stories about huge bills - in the thousands. I’m so anxious to just blindly get the testing done and get saddled with a huge bill. 

All of you seem to have had success with panorama. I want to go get my testing done today but I’m feeling sick about not knowing the financial implications.  
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Has anyone had testing done through progenity? That’s who my doctor ordered the testing through but all I’m reading about online are horror stories about huge bills - in the thousands. I’m so anxious to just blindly get the testing done and get saddled with a huge bill. 

All of you seem to have had success with panorama. I want to go get my testing done today but I’m feeling sick about not knowing the financial implications.  
    Could you call them and ask what they’re OOP rate is? Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone who has done progenity 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @cmbt2 I’m about to do that now. All of my googling is not giving me peace of mind. 😬

• I just got off the phone with the genetic counselor. My blood draw came back with over 1% chance of baby having DS. I have to meet with them tomorrow and do another blood draw. The genetic counselor on the phone said that based on my numbers and the ultrasound she doesn’t think that the baby has DS but it is worth looking into further. Fuck. 
  • I had my NIPT Panorama blood test last Monday. I was told results would be 2 weeks, but then my Doctors office called me today and the nurse just tells me that the results are abnormal and high risk and to schedule the next step US. I am so confused, as to why? I was actually speechless on the phone and asked her to have the doctor to call me.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @Cass005 oh no! do you have a patient portal on natera? Can you pull them yourself to see what she’s talking about?
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @Cass005 and @rachelgreene-2, I'm thinking of you both. I hope your high risk results are a fluke, and everything is just fine. ❤
  • @Cass005 & @rachelgreene-2 I’ll be thinking about you two as you navigate the next steps! Sending love and positive thoughts. 💜

@Cass005 I’m surprised they would have a nurse call with results she doesn’t have answers for. That’s extra frustrating.  I’m hoping your doctor can give you more thorough information. 

• cmbt2 said:
    Has anyone had testing done through progenity? That’s who my doctor ordered the testing through but all I’m reading about online are horror stories about huge bills - in the thousands. I’m so anxious to just blindly get the testing done and get saddled with a huge bill. 

Could you call them and ask what they’re OOP rate is? Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone who has done progenity 
    I ended up calling my doctor’s office and they said the out of pocket maximum is $100 for this test. 

I’m going to hope for the best. I went in and had the draw and I’ll have results in about two weeks. 

• @rachelgreene-2 and @Cass005 so sorry about the news and being in limbo, remember that higher risk doesn't mean it is the case so try your best to keep positive (I know easier said than done but truly try). Will be thinking of you (virtual hugs)
  • @cmbt2 Yes, but when I go on there it tells me the results are not ready.
  • @rachelgreene-2 I hope everything goes okay for you.
  • @rachelgreene-2 and @Cass005 Thinking of you and praying you get positive news asap.
  • @rachelgreene-2 and @Cass005 I'm so sorry for the stressful results. I hope you both get positive answers soon as possible.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @Cass005 I’m hoping everything goes okay with you too.  That’s so weird they had a nurse call you with the results, especially since they aren’t allowed to discuss the results with you. 

I had had a false positive for spina bifida with my son but they didn’t call for any additional testing since they were able to rule it out with my blood test and an ultrasound. I’ve never had to go in for additional testing so this is super scary. 

Thanks for the support ladies! I’ll update as soon as I know anything. Pregnancy is already so stressful this just adds more to it. *sigh*
  • @rachelgreene-2 and @Cass005 I'm so sorry you are going through this stress. Hoping for the best possible outcomes for you both!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• I had had a false positive for spina bifida with my son but they didn’t call for any additional testing since they were able to rule it out with my blood test and an ultrasound. I’ve never had to go in for additional testing so this is super scary. 

@rachelgreene-2 PM me if you have any questions about the different tests. I had a false positive scare just a week ago and went research crazy because I have control issues (so if I can shed a light on anything I'm happy to do so).
  • @rachelgreene-2 and @Cass005 I know you must be feeling so anxious and I just wanted to send you both some virtual hugs and positive vibes. 
  • @rachelgreene-2 @Cass005 thinking of you ladies ❤️ I hope this turns out to be nothing! With my son my risk came back at 1/300 , or 1/200 I can’t remember but it gave me such anxiety and I didn’t know what it meant. It’s also making me anxious to get it over with for this pregnancy. But all that to say he’s a totally normal and healthy two year old :) wild and crazy as ever! 
  • @marbellie thank you for offering. That is super sweet of you. We have a consult with a genetic counselor tomorrow, but I will reach out with any questions. I was reading about what you went through the past few days. I’m glad everything turned out fine, but I’m sorry you were put through all that undue stress. 
  • Thank you everyone for the virtual hugs and thoughts. Doc called last night, Trisomies and DS were low risk. However there was an elevated risk for DiGeorge Syndrome.Today they are going to call me with the name and number for a genetic counselor. Doc was very helpful  but he said it would be best to see one because they can do a better US at 18 weeks to clarify any noticeable issues.
  • @rachel-greene2 + @cass005 thinking of you both and hoping for good news 💚💚