September 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: Proposal Story

The board is a little slow today!  Hopefully it's because many of us are out doing something fun!  For those of us stuck at work, here's a GTKY to get things moving.

Tell us your proposal story!  What happened?  Did it wow you?  Would you have preferred something different?  

I'm going to sit back and prepare for the "awwwws" now.  :)  

Re: GTKY: Proposal Story

• Options
    @zuuls_mom Your story made me tear up and get goosebumps!!!  It's perfect!!!  I love it when usually non-romantic guys do something over the top like that!!  Awww!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 9 years!? You are a patient gal. I'm also super glad you didn't get eaten by a bear. 

@kgg2241 I love that you have a meaningful ring! It makes it so special. 

@LJMoon6 that is picture perfect! So sweet. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @lillywonderland I love that he knew you knew and teased you!  That's amazing (and really hot, too!)!  
  • Options
    @lillywonderland awwww I love that! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    My story is lame, but it’s also very us.
    We had been dating 2.5 years and had just moved in together 2 months beforehand. We were laying in bed together, it was pretty late. I remember it was October 1, 2008. We were just talking around something random when suddenly he asked “hey, do you want to get married?” I told him of course! But I didn’t really believe he was serious so I told him that if he was serious he’d change our relationship status on Facebook. Lol, to be dumb and 21 again. He changed it and we were official. Luckily this was before parents were on Facebook because I think they would have been pissed to find out that way, haha. We went to pick out the ring together, I think maybe he knew I was picky and I would to give input . We were 21 and broke, so it’s nothing amazing, but I still love it and that we picked it our together. 
  • Options
    Loving reading all of these stories, they are all unique! 

We we had been dating for about 4 years, 2 years in high school and 2 while I was in university an hour away. One October weekend I came home and he planned a trail ride at a local camp. I didn’t think anything of it as I’d been bugging him to go for a ride for a while. Plus he had said the week before to not expect anything. His brother and sister came too as they wanted to get some ‘family pictures’. We got to a spot to do the pictures and he got down on one knee and said some things I don’t remember and I whispered a yes! Meanwhile his sister filmed the whole thing! (I should look for that video) I cry at practically everything but didn’t cry that day and he still bugs me about it every so often. Our wedding was in 2010, exactly 5 years after our first date! 
  • Options
    It was definitely not a surprise since my husband cannot keep a secret. We have known each other since we were 6 years old but didn't become really great friends until after college. We had been together about 9 months when he popped the question. About 3 months into dating he said he was going to marry me and I'm like okay whatever lol we were long distance our first 9 months since I was finishing up grad school and the day I moved up to be with him he popped the question. We used to FaceTime every night, and one day he was asking me about rings and I told him everything not really thinking about it that he literally went to the jeweler and told the guy he wanted the ring that was on the second page top left corner haha it's the one I showed him lol 

FF to when I moved back to VA (where we grew up, both went to college in FL) and we went to our favorite spot for football and later that night we were just watching a movie like usual then we had sex haha and then afterwards he was like I can't wait any longer and proposed in his bedroom lol so not romantic which I don't need it to be. I definitely leave out the part about having sex when people used to ask haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    These stories are so nice to read!

We had been together for 2 years, living together for one. Before I met my DH he used to record himself playing guitar and singing covers. He had been bugging me for awhile that he wanted me to record him playing again. I am always super busy so I kept pushing him off. Finally one day he seemed much more anxious to get it done. I was out at a tradeshow and when I came home he had everything ready to go. I tidied up a bit because I figured he'd want to post the video online and I didn't want our place to be a mess! Turns out I had freaked him out because I was arranging the pillows that he had the ring hidden behind!

He had written me a song aptly titled Will You Marry Me? It sure didn't take long to realize this wasn't a cover and it wasn't just a song he wanted to record for FB. I held it together for most of the song. And at the end he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee. That's where I started bawling like a baby. It was a great day! And here we are two years later starting our family!  <3
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022