Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: All Group Check-in: w/o March 31st

• Due date/W+D: June 15th (but scheduled c-section in 10 weeks!) 29w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): not sure - i clearly haven't been keeping up

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an ultrasound last friday. Doctor wanted to make sure my placenta moved up, and it did. She did a 3D ultrasound as well. Our little girl looks like DD! Everything looked great with baby! 

Rants/Raves?: To save money on the house renovations, I'm redoing the fireplace myself. I plan on repainting it. I'm 2/3rds the way done. It's a long project, I'm excited to see how it turns out! 

How are you feeling?: Feeling a lot more kicks! I'm slowly starting to feel swollen, I think this time last pregnancy I stopped wearing my wedding ring. 

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Trashy TV! I love the real housewives, vanderpump rules, 90 day fiance. Heheh. I love watching the shows, then going on line and reading the blogs. 

• @jacksonbears I'm sorry your project is slow going, but I'm sure it will be that much more rewarding when it's finally done! I always fantasize about doing DIY projects, but all the work involved usually turns me off of it real fast. 

Due date/W+D: June 30/ 27+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce (foot is apparently as long as a wine cork?)

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt is on the 11th. So crazy that I'm down to the every 2 weeks appts already!

Rants/Raves?: Rave - passed my 2nd 1-hour glucose test last Thursday! 

Rant - the realtor has listed our house (went up yesterday) & they already have someone coming for a walk-through Wednesday morning. I'm so stressed out about our house looking a mess (toys, clothes, boxes everywhere) & now I get to stress about strangers walking through my house & looking at my stuff. Ugh. 

How are you feeling?: Sore. I've been taking Tylenol before bed & it has helped me to sleep a little better, but my hips are so stiff when I get up in the mornings.

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Say Yes to the Dress! Also, several HGTV shows, but I've been more into binging NCIS lately. And now Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet is on Netflix, so I'll likely be binging that later this week! 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @magpie87 good luck with the private showings! When we sold our condo, we had nothing but private showings. It was frustrating, every night we had to "clean up", and make it look as minimalist as possible. Its tough with a toddler! 
  • @jacksonbears I'm so impressed that you are redoing your fireplace!  I wish I was talented enough to do renovation projects myself.
    @magpie87 Good luck!  Our house was only on the market a few days but it was a total nightmare trying to make sure it looked perfect every morning before we left.  We also had to arrange to get our crazy dog out of the house for every showing, and we ended up having like 10 showings in 3-4 days.

Due date/W+D: June 13, 29+4

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Any appointments? Questions?: 30 week appt. this Wednesday

Rants/Raves?: We finally set our closing and moving date! What a relief! I've been so anxious to get this process moving.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, I sleep better some nights than others but overall not too bad!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? The Bachelor & Bachelorette

• wisehwiseh member
    Woohoo for placenta moving up @jacksonbears! That fireplace reno sounds so rewarding and I have already had to stop wearing my engagement ring cause I can't even get it past my knucle anymore! My fingers don't look swollen but my ring certainly tells a different story haha. and yasssss to the trashy TV!

@magpie87 that sucks they've given you such little notice for an inspection! In Australia they have to give you 7 days written notice for anybody to come to the property unless it's for an emergency repair. Sucks it's not the same everywhere  :( Yay for passing your glucose test! Are you sleeping with a pillow between your knees & ankles? If not, might be worth a try. If you are, definitely get a massage!

yay for finally closing @tickledpink123! Hopefully you're moving really soon or a few weeks after bub is due, not at like 38 weeks or something?

Due date/W+D: 5 June/30+6

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm going to go off the 31 weeks cause that's tomorrow - a lion cub 😍

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment on the 11th as well. Also booked in my hospital tour for the 8th of May week is smack on 36 weeks, so hopefully I last that long!  

Rants/Raves?: Rave: 16 days till my fiance is homeeeeeeee and 17 days until I go on mat leave!!!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Going to Sydney this weekend to catch up with some friends & have a look at my rental property. Forgot to get my doctor to sign the airlines approval to flight form so hopefully if I wear loose clothing I won't look pregnant (I don't have an overly round bump so I do just look a bit fat unless I cup my belly), and if somebody asks I'm just going to say "ummm no, that's a bit rude!" hahaha. Rant: none! 

How are you feeling?: I've not had any pregnancy issues since moving back so I think everything I was feeling was just brought on my stress. I'm feeling quite good apart from typical 3rd tri issues; back pain, swelling, general uncomfortableness & lack of sleep, now can't sit at the dinner table & eat over my plate. Feel like I'm starting to get a cold so just trying to rest as much as possible. STARTING TO GET SO EXCITED! 6 weeks left until I'm at term!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Napping, eating chocolate or ice-cream, binge watching Netflix

• @wiseh I agree! We started a private FB group with my last BMB around the same time. Once we migrated to FB, I felt more people were involved, and the group is still awesome! I'm happy to start the group on FB in the next week or so. 
  • @wiseh We are moving right away! Two weeks from today, hopefully.  I am so anxious to get in and get everything set up and ready.  I am on spring break that week, so that will give me lots of time to organize.
  • so many ladies are moving or packing up/unpacking. We did that with my son and it was sooo stressful! Hoping everyone is as stress free with the moves as you can be and that everything at least goes smoothly if not as quickly as you'd like!
    @wiseh & @jacksonbears - i'm down for a private group. 

Due date/W+D: 6/21 28w+4 (c-section scheduled for 6/17)

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant or her toe is the size of a chocolate chip lol

Any appointments? Questions?: glucose on the 15th which I feel like is really late to be having my 1st. 

Rants/Raves?: Raves: I love feeling her move around more and more. Rants: I'm starting to get stressed and have dreams about my maternity leave. 

How are you feeling?: besides not sleeping well and still having to take nausea meds every day, I feel pretty good. 

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Blue Bell ice cream! I can't let myself eat it often but it's the best! I do love a good nap on the weekends while my 2yo sleeps!

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wisehwiseh member
    Oh that's fabulous @tickledpink123

Just after I posted my check-in I started getting horrendous nausea again, @Griffin5413, and spent the afternoon vomiting! I'm going to go to the pharmacy today & fill my script for Zofran again. Apparently 3rd tri morning sickness is a thing :(

Yay for another scan @bubbaclose! I love seeing this cherub any chance I can get! :smiley:

I have a question for those that have had growth scans - did they check your cervix length or is it no longer a concern? They didn't check mine last week but in every scan I've had before this they have checked it, so not sure?
  • Due date/W+D: almost 31 weeks!! June 7 

Baby is the size of a(n): length of a football 

Any appointments? Questions?: April 8

Rants/Raves?:  nursery is just about done and my sisters are throwing me a baby sprinkle at my house this weekend. So excited for everyone to be here (one sister lives in CA and the other 4 hours away in MI) 

How are you feeling?: out of breath a lot and super tired if I forget to rest or sit down in the afternoon. Otherwise no major complaints

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? I like drama reality tv. Right now it’s a Netflix series about selling homes in Hollywood Hills.

Tagging is being super strange for me, but I’m down for fbook. 

@wiseh

@jacksonbears

Also, congrats on the positive glucose results and scans! @tickledpink123@bubbaclose

@BlondePeanut the end is so bittersweet. This dude has been soooo visibly active. Neither of them the girls were like that. I’m going to miss this as much as I want it done 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @wiseh I forgot to say that I would join a fb group too!
  • caratdeana - from what I've heard GD doesn't mean that you will have any issues with it once baby is here. Hopefully just a few changes in diet will help keep everything balanced!
    ajel46 - a pj party sounds amazing! 
    @BlondePeanut - I'm so nervous too about adding an infant to the mix with a toddler. It's gonna be here whether I'm ready or not but man it's making me nervous every day it gets closer. lol
    wiseh - that's exactly why I'm just not going to stop taking it. I don't have the energy to get sick every time I don't. Hopefully the zofran will help in this last stretch!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413, because of GD, I have an increased risk (50-70%) of getting Type II Diabetes later in life. And baby girl has increased risks (not sure of the numbers) for both GD and Type II, too. But it’s extra encouragement to be active and try to be as healthy as possible after she’s here!
  • @tkbmama - oh my gosh, my husband has been snoring so much too & it's driving me crazy!I have been sleeping with ear plugs the last 2 nights. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wisehwiseh member
    It's nice to see you posting regularly here again @BlondePeanut! I do miss checking in with a couple of the ladies that moved over to the private group. It definitely is an emotional time coming to the end of our pregnancies! I love feeling this babe move about but I am SO excited to hold it and love it too.

@caratdeana It does increase your risk and if you've been quoted 50-70% that isn't a 50-70% chance of developing type 2, it's a 50-70% increased risk of it. So say your chances before were 1/1000, now they would be 1.5-1.7/1000. I think that's the biggest thing to remember when doctor's say "there's an increased risk of this happening if you do that" - doesn't automatically mean that it's now likely. 

I'm sad for you that your baby shower is making you stressed @ajel46. It's supposed to be a fun, happy event, not a stressful one :( I hope once the invites are out you can de-stress a bit and start to look forward to your event! 

@tkbmama we're only a couple of days apart & my babe has also changed positions & allowed me to breathe somewhat easier! I also agree with the bump's reference to asparagus! Idno about in the US but asparagus in Australia is like 15-20cm long and babies should be like 40-45cm by now. Haha. 

• Due date/W+D: June 20th / 29

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn squash or the thumb is the size of a honey bee.

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my hematologists appointment yesterday and I got my first iron IV scheduled for next week. They told me it was going to take 2 hours. 😧 Not looking forward to that, but since they are in the same building as my OB she wanted me to come in directly afterwards for a NIPT. Kinda makes me worry about the whole thing but worrying would make it worse so I’m trying to stay as positive as possible. 

Rants/Raves?: Fiancé put me on his phone plan so I got a new phone! My previous phone had a battery that died really quickly so it’s nice to have a phone that can last pretty much all day without having to have it plugged in every 2-3 hours. 

Also got my baby shower invites all sent out. My uncle is hosting it but since he didn’t know who I wanted to invite, he gave that job to me. I’m doing a coed baby shower because I wanted to get the fiancé involved as well as the family and friends to meet my future step son. It would be a great way to get them all together. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling the usual fatigue I’ve got going now but hopefully after the first iron IV I will feel much better. Other than that usual aches here and there. Still got that left hip pain that won’t go away. I was going to address that to my OB next week when I see her for the NIPT.  

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Trashy tv is just the best. Also donuts and anything sweet for me. I rarely had sweets before this pregnancy, but my body has been craving a whole lot of it now. I’m limiting it to once a day if at all. 

@wiseh I’m down for the fb group. Probably an easier platform that this forum here. I know some of us have had issues on this site/app. 

@magpie87 That sucks that they aren’t giving you enough time before showings. It’s like they want to get rid of you ASAP and get the new tenants in. 

@tickledpink123 Good luck with the move! At least it’s ASAP! 

@griffin5413 Throughout this whole pregnancy I haven’t had any major issues with nausea but it started up yesterday for me. I could barely eat because i felt like I was just going to throw it all up. I’m like really? In the 3rd trimester it wants to act up? 😩

@ajbook Yay for nursery almost done! I’m don’t feel anywhere close yet to finishing. I’m also looking forward to seeing family as well during my baby shower. I haven’t seen a lot of them in a while because of how busy everyone is with work and school. Our family didn’t have a thanksgiving or Christmas party last year so it’s been over a year since I’ve seen everyone. 

@ajel46 A pj party sounds amazing. Just do it! 

• @wiseh I had a growth scan last week and they checked my cervix then. 
    I have another in 2 weeks, so will try to remember to let you know! 

@ami500 I want to know how you feel after the iron IV! My levels were low last checked, and I've been taking supplements, though I can't say I've felt a difference. I wonder if an IV is a possibility....

Due date : may 29, 32w 1d
    Baby is the size of a: some sort of squash? Really not sure. 

Any Appointments? Questions?  Had my midwife appt Tuesday morning. Didn't have much to go over. Have a second growth US in 2 weeks to see how baby is measuring. I was diagnosed with GD thus everyone seems to be on high alert (though my sugars are controlled and I haven't changed my diet). At my first growth US, Baby was measuring about 2 weeks ahead, though I know these things are notoriously incorrect. After my next US, I think my birthing plan will change from a bit more liberal (membrane sweep and manual dilation) to a medical induction. Blech.  But. Fingers crossed there's some miracle and the techs measure baby to be a bit closer to target so I don't have to be medically induced. 

Rants/Raves?    None really. Still tired of dry heaving when I brush my teeth in the am. And newly getting some weird calf achiness during the night. 

How are you feeling?  Still mostly good. Going down to 4d/wk at work bc it's a physical and fatiguing job. 

GTYK: what's your guilt pleasure?   Well I just binged all of Temptation Island in a day and a half. 
  • @Wiseh - I'm also down for the fb group, and feel you on this 3rd trimester sickness. my nausea came back as soon as I hit 3rd tri, and yesterday i had uncontrollable vomitting (first time I've actually gotten sick this whole pregnancy; im not pleased)

@sarah_is_pregnant i've gotten a few calf cramps in the last week or so at night, but doing my yoga (lots of down dogs to get my hams and calfs stretched) and upping my potassium intake has seemed to help in the last few days

Due date : June 14, 29w 6d
    Baby is the size of a: as tall as a magazine

Any Appointments? Questions?  Went to urgent care yesterday with a bad headache and throwing up. Since they told me I was measuring small at my appointment last friday, I've been stressing and that just made it worse.... (internet scares me with things like preclampsia, IUGR, etc). BP stuff were fine and im feeling better today, even made it to work by 8am, im sure everything is ok, trying to stay positive.

Rants/Raves?    i love feeling her move, but im so ready to have my body back to just myself. 

How are you feeling?  meh - still nasueas, and the fatigue is getting worse and worse. 

GTYK: what's your guilt pleasure? pasta 

• @sarah_is_pregnant - I woke up this morning with terrible calf cramps and couldn't figure out why. I know leg cramping can be normal but I thought it was more of a charlie horse cramp. I just feel like I climbed a mountain. 

@honeybeemarie - I'm gald you are feeling better today. That would definitely be scary to not be feeling well but also stressed out about measurements. Sometimes google is our worst enemy!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @honeybeemarie I feel the same way about the movements! 

@tkbmama We have Kaiser healthcare and we’re going to do a few classes that they offer preparing for Baby too. I definitely think I’m more into it then hubby is but I’m hoping he’ll feel more confident in his knowledge about all of this afterwards.
  • ami500ami500 member
    edited April 2019
    @sarah_is_pregnant Will do! I’ve got beta thal which is causing my anemia, it’s just worse now with pregnancy. I usually sit about at a 10-11 normal minimum being 12. I’m down to like an 8.3 which my OB was worried about and my hematologist agreed that I should just get the iron IV as the supplements aren’t doing it for me anymore. I know I had to get approved to get one but it could’ve just been my insurance. I used to get calf cramps in the middle of the night and I agree with @honeybeemarie with potassium. Having just a banana really does help. 
  • @wiseh, That makes me feel soooo much better! Thank you!!! The OB I met with today (my office does a rotation once we hit 20 weeks) was terrific, too—I was telling him how surprised I was to get this because I’m not overweight, I’m pretty active (more so before getting pregnant), and don’t have a family history of diabetes, and he said that there was literally nothing I could have done to prevent getinfb this. So, between that and you, I’m feeling so, so much better. It still sucks, with the diet monitoring and finger pricks, but I know I can handle that!
  • @sarah_is_pregnant I’m in the GD boat too! Did they do a growth scan recently, or was it just your anatomy scan? My OB today said they’d increase appointments and scans once I start testing if I can’t control it with diet and exercise, but I haven’t had an US since my anatomy scan at 18 weeks. I won’t start testing my numbers until next Friday at the earliest (when I meet with the GD nurse), and though I had been measuring about a week ahead, today I was about a half a week behind (right on track rounded up), so now I’m worried I’m not eating enough carbs and that’s slowing her growth! My OB didn’t seem concerned though...
  • wisehwiseh member
    I’m glad I could help @caratdeana 🙂

What kind of NIPT does she want to do @ami500? Definitely don’t worry though, so many people get iron infusions when pregnant! And yep, they take forever but they’ve significantly improved over the years. My SIL had one with her first baby 9 years ago and it took EIGHT HOURS. It also kept dislodging and made her really sick. I had one in August and it was so quick. It’s not on a pump or anything they just hook it into a vein & let it naturally flow in, so how long it takes will depend on how quickly your body lets it come in. Mine only took 40 mins 😬

Thanks @sarah_is_pregnant.  I have an OB appointment on Thursday next week so I’ll be asking them then if it should have been measured. I know it can naturally start to thin in the 3rd trimester so maybe that’s why she didn’t do it, cause I was already past 30 weeks.

Try not to stress @honeybeemarie , the scans are notoriously wrong and depending on how big you and your partner are you might just make small babies. I think it’s a 3rd tri thing to get headaches and nausea cause I’ve just started the headaches now too.

@tkbmama @sarcat87 we’ve done our birthing classes and my fiancé said he didn’t realise how much he didn’t know after going to them! He’s super glad we’ve gone and is looking forward to our next round (we’ve done private ones and will also be doing the ones our hospital runs cause knowledge is power 🙌🏽). 

• @wiseh I'm up for a FB group

@ami500 the bank is wanting to sell the house as quickly as possible. And there aren't many listings in our area that are reasonably price, so all the buyers that are looking want to come check the house out. It's super annoying, but we wrote up an offer with our realtor yesterday & have to wait until after the 11th to possibly get any response from the bank. If they don't accept, I'm gonna start packing. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • @wiseh Not exactly sure. I just spoke with the nurse and she was there telling the lady at the reception desk to put me down as a NIPT appointment and that she can double book to squeeze me into the schedule if necessary. I know when I spoke with my OB at the last appointment, she wanted to check baby’s heartrate for sure. Not sure what else she would want yet. She told me she wasn’t going to give me my order to get the 32 week growth scan til I see her on the 17th for my regular appointment. Yeah my mom gets iron IVs when her levels are too low to get chemo and hers takes about 30-45m. They wanted me to stay the full 2 hours to make sure I’m okay afterwards with no complications. 

@magpie87 I see. That still just sucks though with such little notice, but I guess they have to make their sale. Have you found a new place yet if the bank decides they don’t want to accept your offer? 
  • Type your commentDue date/W+D: June 30 / 27 + 6 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Any appointments? Questions?: 28 week checkup, nothing else exciting.

Rants/Raves?: exercising has been relatively successful, despite recent illnesses, and most days I feel good and despite a huge belly the rest of me hasn't changed size too much! I guess it's easier to figure out the second time. Talk to me in 3 months and see if I'm still doing it, lol

How are you feeling?: heartburn. I feel heartburn.... makes me want to eat more for temporary relief, but makes me regret eating at all.... any suggestions welcome!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Decaf lattes from starbucks at work. I feel so guilty. But they just make my day. 

• @honeybeemarie the calves are getting some extra work in having to cart around the extra 20lbs I've put on. Definitely need to incorporate some stretches into my workouts. 

@caratdeana I had a growth US last Wednesday. I've been monitoring my GD with diet and exercise (honestly I haven't changed much and my numbers are fine) which I'm thankful for. If I wasnt able to control my levels, I'd have to switch to an OB. I think the growth scans are pretty par for the course with GD. The past few times my midwife has measured my belly, i was at the large end of normal, so maybe that played into it as well? No idea. 
    I'm glad baby was measuring closer to where she needed to be! I'm sure she is fine, and she is stealing all of the nutrients she needs from you. She likely just had a growth spurt.
     It's all a massive mind f*ck, really. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that my baby measures more normally at the next US. 
  • @wiseh Although I have issues with the app/site as others said, I do like this group and would be open to joining a fb group. And 3rd tri morning sickness?  I NEVER had this with my first two but with #3 I have the works... heartburn, nausea, ick!  I guess it's a real thing and not just me.... :-/

@BlondePeanut I agree it is so bittersweet.  My #2 and #3 will be barely 21 months apart.  I just believe we will figure it out, even if we aren't perfect.  I think that having the sibling will be more good than any competition for my time/resources will be bad.  The way I see it, it's happening one way or the other now, haha, might a well embrace it.
  • Omg, good luck to everyone who is moving!! You ladies are warriors. 

Due date/W+D: June 27, 28w,1d

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Any appointments? Questions?: Just got my results back for my sugar test, and I am in the clear!

Rants/Raves?: I love feeling the baby move, it's the coolest feeling ever!

How are you feeling?: Still feeling the 2nd trimester high, hoping it lasts.

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Sweets, although baby girl is making me crave savory foods. 

• Due date/W+D:       28+5

Baby is the size of a(n):    According to an app- a puppy. I like this because it's so variable. (bub is measuring bigger than average)

Any appointments? Questions?:  Weekly visits with MFM and Physician, fortnightly growth scans, 

Rants/Raves?:   Not really. Just getting super flipping excited now. And whoop whoop no GD!

How are you feeling?:  Sore, tired and a little grumpy. I've been given a  new medication for the reflux and omg I wish I'd asked sooner. The stuff is a miracle worker. No more breathing in fire and coughing for 3-4 minutes ending up with teary eyes and embarrassment at work!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure?  Nutella for breakfast. Every morning. And Iced Chocolates/Milkshakes. 

@wiseh + one for the FB group 
    Definitely a better platform and I'm much more likely to be more active considering I have to actually use a laptop to access TB.

• I would love to join a FB groupg would be so much easier than this forum. My May 15 Facebook group are now some of my best friends!

Due date/W+D: June 27 - 28 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant 😆

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment and GD glucose test is this coming Wednesday.

Rants/Raves?: We aren't moving, but we are remodeling! Our kitchen, dining room and living room have been inaccessible and non existent for 3+ weeks. Still have a few to go. We took down a wall and had the kitchen all stripped to the studs. Currently having new hardwood floors installed throughout. Can't wait for it to be over so we can settle back in and I can start really nesting! Right now the nursery is our makeshift kitchen and my home office.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall! Big and round, heartburn and insomnia .... But not too bad!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure? Donuts! And Love and Hip Hop reality show 😝

BabyFruit Ticker