October 2019 Moms

NT/NIPT Discussion Thread

Re: NT/NIPT Discussion Thread

• Possible *TW* I kind of numb right now but figured that I should at least update. We just got the call a few hours ago that my bloodwork came back very very abnormal. Basically 1/23 chance for Downsyndrome but 1/6 for Trisomy 13 and 18. The counselor on the phone was surprised at how bad the blood looks compared to the stellar Ultrasound.

We go in first thing tomorrow morning for counseling and CVS, since I can't fathom waiting 2 more weeks for the amnio one. God, I don't know what to do in the days it'll take for results. Trying to prepare for the worst but having the grain of hope sucks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh @marbellie, I'm so sorry for the scary test results. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and praying the CVS comes back with good news. ❤❤
  • @marbellie I'm so sorry. I have everything crossed that the CVS gives better results ❤
  • Oh @marbellie I am so, so sorry. Sending all of the love your way and hoping the CVS gives you different results. 
  • I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this @marbellie!  Sending you all the good thoughts for good results on your CVS. ❤️❤️❤️
  • @marbellie I am at a loss for words for you right now. I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now and I'm hoping and praying for better news in the coming days  <3
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @marbellie I can only imagine how anxious you are feeling right now.  I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a  CVS test with relieving news at the other side.  
  • I’m so sorry @marbellie. Good luck at the cvs tomorrow.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marbellie I am so sorry that you are going through this. Sending you and your husband all the positive thoughts as you continue with your testing. 
  • @marbellie huge hugs and prayers being sent your way ❤️ I’m so sorry for this stress...
  • @marbellie you will be in my thoughts for the best outcome possible. Hold tight to that grain of hope, statistics are not a guarantee. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, but I hope you can feel all the hugs coming from everyone.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @marbellie I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope the cvs will provide better results for you soon. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @marbellie I'm so sorry 💚 sending love and positive thoughts for your CVS 💚💚
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Oh no, Marbellie. Thinking of you and hope the CVS goes smoothly
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Hugs and good thoughts for you @marbellie <3
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Oh no! I’m sorry you are going through this @marbellie. Sending good thoughts your way. 💜
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• @marbellie I am so sorry - I'm thinking of you and hoping this wait for the CVS goes quickly and you get good news. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• For anyone who did the Panorama test, were you required to do a doctor consultation/genetic counseling and an ultrasound as well? I’ve been so frustrated trying to figure out how much these tests will cost me without insurance. I was planning on doing the panorama because I thought it did not include those things. 
  • @lmarie2009 I’m not sure how much choice you have over company but I did the Counsyl test and before they processed my sample they sent me a quote with how much it would cost with insurance and how much it would cost without. They ended up being out of network with my insurance and it was a lot cheaper for me to just pay them without going through my insurance. I liked the transparency. 

My guess is that your insurance is requiring these extra things in order for the test to be considered medically necessary. As far as I know, none of the companies themselves care about ultrasounds or genetic counseling. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    For anyone who did the Panorama test, were you required to do a doctor consultation/genetic counseling and an ultrasound as well? I’ve been so frustrated trying to figure out how much these tests will cost me without insurance. I was planning on doing the panorama because I thought it did not include those things. 
    Nope, neither time, but I don’t go through insurance 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Ya'll I am SO IMPATIENT right now. Did the blood draw for the Progenity genetic screening + fetal sex last week on Thursday, and it already feels like it's been ages! I don't know if I'll make it the full 10 business days - here's to hoping they call early! ::fingers crossed::
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• @mchalfpint I’m with you!  I had the blood draw on Monday. Before that I wasn’t thinking about it at all, but now that the lab has the sample it feels like time is crawling (and their estimated date for the results is on Tuesday which really isn’t so bad). The lab I used sends a confirmation email once they get the sample and I probably checked my email every 5 minutes yesterday. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @greenbean-2 I feel ya!! The lab will send results to my OB's office, who will call me with results. I'm already fretting about how I'll three-way call my husband in so we can hear it together. Argh, so stressful! Here's hoping you get your results ASAP!

~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• cmbt2 said:
    For anyone who did the Panorama test, were you required to do a doctor consultation/genetic counseling and an ultrasound as well? I’ve been so frustrated trying to figure out how much these tests will cost me without insurance. I was planning on doing the panorama because I thought it did not include those things. 
    Nope, neither time, but I don’t go through insurance 
    I went through insurance and they didn't require any of this. I didn't even need preauthorization, though I called to check just in case. 
  • I went for my  NT scan on Monday and they couldn't get a measurement, the baby wouldn't get into the right position.   It was a 45 minute ultrasound and really not too pleasant.   I went back today,  and they were able to get the measurement, it still took almost 40 minutes.   I got my blood drawn afterwards and I will get my results next week.   I'm jealous of all of you that get NIPT covered by insurance.   I'm in Canada and I got a  lecture from my doctor that she didn't even feel ethically ok with giving me a requisition for it so I could pay for it myself. 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @marbellie omg! I’m so happy for you!! 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @marbellie, I am so relieved and happy for you!! Thank you for updating us! ❤❤
  • @marbellie My OB had warned me that the NT scan isn't always super accurate. I am so sorry you had to go through that.  :(   But beyond happy that all is well now.
  • @marbellie I’m so happy to hear that you got good news! So sorry you had to deal with all of that, I can’t even imagine the stress for you. 
  • @marbellie I’m so happy to see this update!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marbellie oh I’m so happy to see this news!! Yay :) 
  • @marbellie what a relief! I’m so happy you were able to get better and more definitive results soon. Sorry you had to go through all that anguish.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @marbellie I'm so happy to see your update! What a rollercoaster of emotions. Sending you a big hug!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker