1st Trimester

Please reassure me about early M/S!

i am pretty sure I’m pregnant (faint positive line last couple days and getting official blood test Friday). I’m so nauseous. I  am literally two days shy of 4 weeks and my stomach feels terrible. I have a lot of anxiety and am super triggered by nausea and I know it’s part of the pregnancy spectrum but I was hoping not to feel much until six weeks. Im terrified feeling it this early means that it will just get worse and worse and will last an incredibly long time. Can anyone who felt it early reassure me that that’s not necessarily true? Did anyone feel early and then have a similar level throughout or even stop feeling it before 14 weeks or have some tough days and some good days? I am super excited about being pregnant but so afraid that I’m gonna be one of those ones that suffers hardcore from M/S and I didn’t expect to feel crappy right away!!!

Re: Please reassure me about early M/S!

• i am pretty sure I’m pregnant (faint positive line last couple days and getting official blood test Friday). I’m so nauseous. I  am literally two days shy of 4 weeks and my stomach feels terrible. I have a lot of anxiety and am super triggered by nausea and I know it’s part of the pregnancy spectrum but I was hoping not to feel much until six weeks. Im terrified feeling it this early means that it will just get worse and worse and will last an incredibly long time. Can anyone who felt it early reassure me that that’s not necessarily true? Did anyone feel early and then have a similar level throughout or even stop feeling it before 14 weeks or have some tough days and some good days? I am super excited about being pregnant but so afraid that I’m gonna be one of those ones that suffers hardcore from M/S and I didn’t expect to feel crappy right away!!!
    Everyone is different, some people dont get it, some get it to the extent of needing hospitalization, some have it start early and diminish (and yes, it's normal for symptoms come and go, so it might just come back), some start later than others, some have it through their entire pregnancy......we can not tell you what will happen with your MS. It is what it is, and if it gets really bad talk to your doctor and they can help you. 
  • I'm so sorry you feel awful😢 My sister in law is going through the same thing. She's almost 14 weeks. Everyone is different though. I'm on my third pregnancy and never really got sick at all. But unfortunately I'm in the minority😞 Some things that might help, crystalized ginger,  Pink Stork products (Amazon), eating small but frequent meals, sea bands, peppermint, etc. Try not to get too stressed out. And yes  your dr should have recommendations if it gets unbearable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had early m/s but it's because I have twins (NOT saying that's the reason you're experiencing it though). Mine lasted until I was 9 weeks along. I didn't really throw up, just had a nausea witching hour from 3 pm to 7 pm and then I'd be fine. Every situation is different, as others said. You may get HG, or it may stop after 7 or 8 weeks. It all depends on how your body handles HCG. If it is severe, your doctors should be able to help you. And even though pregnancy feels like an eternity, it'll be over eventually and you won't feel this way forever. You'll figure out coping mechanisms over time. Sour candies do help a bit.
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited April 2019
    I had early m/s but it's because I have twins (NOT saying that's the reason you're experiencing it though). Mine lasted until I was 9 weeks along. I didn't really throw up, just had a nausea witching hour from 3 pm to 7 pm and then I'd be fine. Every situation is different, as others said. You may get HG, or it may stop after 7 or 8 weeks. It all depends on how your body handles HCG. If it is severe, your doctors should be able to help you. And even though pregnancy feels like an eternity, it'll be over eventually and you won't feel this way forever. You'll figure out coping mechanisms over time. Sour candies do help a bit.
    Sorry, but twins did NOT (nor do they) cause early morning sickness - please do not spread false information.  It's due to how your body reacts to the increase of hormones.
  • @harpseal135 She literally said “NOT saying the reason you’re experiencing it though”...
  • @dogmomma096 she literally said "I had early m/s but it's because I have twins."  Then the parenthesis says, (NOT saying the reason you’re experiencing it though)..........she did not get early morning sickness due to twins, she got the morning sickness because she was pregnant and her body was reacting to the hormones.
  • I had twins and nausea was the same for my single and 3 losses. It went away but in the meantime was better when I ate regularly. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • @harpseal135 - I can assure you my twin pregnancy is *markedly* different than my singleton. From beginning to end my symptoms have been double. I went through fertility treatments to have all my kids so I know my HCG numbers, and they were off the charts with my twins relative to my first pregnancy which is why I actually felt MS with the twins vs. my first. Yes, everyone reacts differently to hormones. Some have MS from small doses of HCG and will feel the same whether their first numbers are in the 10's or 10,000's. When I was pregnant with my son the slow and steady rise didn't impact me at all. With the twins though? I found myself dry heaving in the parking lot at the grocery store.