TTC After a Loss

April TWW

Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: April TWW

• I go here. Just hanging out at 6-8dpo and 10dpiui. My chart looks like my post loss charts, which is weird and completely disheartening. Trying to stay positive but not get my hopes up.
  • @ruby696 I’m sorry your chart is not giving you confidence 😢 Is this your first IUI?

@bakerstreetboys Thinking of you this week 🤞
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • @SpongeWorthy Yes, it's my first IUI. I know they don't have the best success rate, so I'm trying to stay relaxed about it.
  • So I guess we're here now! 10DPO today. I caved and tested with a FRER last night, BF0. Tested with ICs which have never given me a positive until 11DPO. Also BF0. And of course I keep looking at them thinking I see a shadow of the faintest of faint lines. I’m getting line eyes (ugh yes I’m one of those and I hate myself for it). I know it’s early. And since I’m not temping I could be a day off estimating my O date. Testing tomorrow morning AM with FRER and hoping things change. Last time I got a hint on the IC I got a really clear obvious line on the FRER so if the shadow I believe I am imagining is real, I’ll know tomorrow morning either way. 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Yep, that's a no for this morning, and likely for this cycle. I'll take the progesterone again tonight then stop, and test again the day after tomorrow to make sure. 

Been thinking about Clomid for my next cycle. I hear it can help with egg quality, progesterone and LPD. I don't really like the idea of messing medically with my cycle though, and I hear it can thin out your lining. Any of you ladies have any experience with that?

@SpongeWorthy Thank you for your advice on the March TWW thread. She's got a really good support group in her husband/family and I'm not comfortable making suggestions to her unsolicited but if the situation is right and it comes up i'll see. It's all very new. They had her give birth yesterday had the funeral the same day. I can't imagine what she must be going through.

@ruby696 Relaxed sounds like the way to go! Though it's hard keeping our prolactin levels in check. Strangely enough for each BFP of my two CPs I was on vacation or about to go on vacation when I found out. 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • @kaeineurope I have a LPD, and was put on 400 mg of oral progesterone and 5mg of letrozole (fermara) for CD3-6 to help ensure we got some "good eggs" even though no other blood work showed an egg quality issue... just low progesterone. I have heard letrozole doesn't affect lining as much as clomid does. Perhaps you could inquire if that is better for your situation?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichipin Thanks for the tip. I've heard that femara here (in europe) is only used as a breast cancer treatment drug and that other uses aren't recommended or possibly even allowed. But all of the research I have read actually says its better / less side effects. So I don't get it. I'll ask my doc about it anyway. Did it help you at all with your LPD?
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Pretty sure I go here now. Had all my signs yesterday and a decent temp rise today. 

@kaeineurope I am supposed to start clomid next cycle and have read things about letrozole being better for the lining, decreases chance of multiples etc. It’s definitely something I’ll be asking my RE about. One thing I’m not sure of is if one is better for rpl vs the other, or if it even matters 🤷🏻‍♀️.
  • @kbrown2385 One thing to keep in mind if egg quality is an issue, is that you want more eggs to up the chances of one good one. I *believe* doctors like to prescribe clomid for egg quality issues (RPL) and femara when eggs are good but ovulation is the problem.
  • @kbrown2385 I think what @ruby696 said has truth to it.  My RPL issues are specific to egg quality (e.g. chromosomal) and my RE suggested not to go the IUI/clomid route because she would lose potentially good eggs if we then decided to do IVF.
  • Yes to all of this from the explanation given to me for why I was given letrozole. @kaeineurope **tw** letrozole + progesterone was how I got here - it was successful getting me pregnant but unfortunately had a chromosome issue. 

I actually only had headaches for two days and then massive ovulation pain on letrozole. No real issues with the oral progesterone. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin have you had cariotype (sp*?) or any other genetic testing? Strangely, these were the first tests my obgyn ordered for me. 

@ruby696 @mackorori didn’t know this! Learned something new today! Thank you 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • @kaeineurope only on the d&e tissue.... and I’m still waiting on those results. With my US insurance cytogenetics and karyotyping isn’t covered unless there is a suspected genetic issue bc of ultrasound findings/high risk NIPT, family member with a chromosome issue, or some other reason to believe me or MH may be carriers. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• I’m here at 3 DPO
  • Yay fx @mackorori !!

afm - I’m here now, but still benched 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @mackorori yay, so exciting! Keeping everything crossed for you!!
  • BFN at 10dpo. WFAF now.
  • Ugh, so sorry @ruby696. Will you try the same next cycle or change up the protocol? 
  • @ruby696 so sorry...I was hoping to not see this news.
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks everyone. Temp went down again today and IC was negative. Then I started spotting. So pretty sure I'll head over to WTO tomorrow. 

@kbrown2385 Different protocol this time. Instead of Clomid, we'll be doing FSH injections. This will be our last attempt with the RE and I know the odds aren't in my favor, so I'm kind of 🤷‍♀️about it. It's going to run us around $4k, give or take $1k, and we can't afford to shell that out more than once. All eggs in the basket, for sure.

ETA: spelling
  • @ruby696 I’m keeping everything crossed for you. I understand the financial aspect. The thought of spending that money without the guarantee gives me anxiety. 
  • @kbrown2385 I was feeling pretty sick about it, especially since DH insists we pay for it outright and don't get into debt (he's the smart one). Then I figured we'd spend that much for a nice vacation, so spending it for the chance of a baby seems more reasonable. I've basically had to accept that this is throw away money though. Ugh.
  • @ruby696 I’m so sorry, I hope this next round is just what you need!!
  • @ruby696 I'm so sorry friend 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• I think I ovulated a day or two ago so here I wait... I’m going to try really hard to not test for the first time ever... I’ll let you know how well that goes...
  • Ladies, heading over to WTO as now on CD4 - hope to (not) see any of you there. And so begins cycle 12...
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Bfn yesterday and today so wfaf at this point. I’m thinking of stopping the progesterone so my cycle will start at the normal time. 
  • oh FRER, you mess with me so much.  I got a half a positive this afternoon.  A second clear pink line, but it didnt go all the way to the top.  How am I so unlucky with tests?  I didnt get excited this time, because at this point, I would need 5 positive tests to actually believe I am pregnant.  

And I took another one after holding my urine for the same amount of time.  Stark white. 

Oh, and I switched to wondfos after this happened last time, but I ran out. 
  • @kerco925 Oh man, you just can't catch a break. What is going on with FRER's?? It seems like they have faint lines half the time, too.
  • So happy for you @mackorori!! FX so hard those betas keep climbing! <3
  • @mackorori that’s wonderful news! Fx for you!!