1st Trimester

Mirena and confused....

(Posted over in high-risk, too. Looking for any advice I can get!)

Hey All -

I came here looking for advice/experiences.
ive been on the Mirena for over three years. I can’t even remember the last time I had my period! I never even feel symptoms, except maybe bloating but I honestly don’t know!

Last week, from like Wednesday to Thursday/early Friday, I experienced brown spotting. Very little, just when I wiped and a little on the undies. Totally weird for me. A week before this, my boobs were super sore but I figured it was from lifting and working out. They aren’t sore anymore but I keep getting little jolts/twinges in them.
I've been feeling nauseous, on and off, especially when I’m hungry or when I lay on my stomach.

If I didn’t have an IUD I would absolutely think I was pregnant....

At first, I thought maybe it slipped or got lodged somewhere....so Thursday, I went to have it checked and it was in place. 

Since then, I’ve taken a few pregnancy tests and they’ve been negative. I swore I saw a super faint positive on a FRER but I’ve take others since (FRRR and CBD) and they’ve been neg.

What would you do? Anyone with a similar experience? If I went with my gut, I’d say I was pregnant but hp tests are pretty accurate. 

Thanks for reading! It’s been awhile since I’ve visited these boards!!

Re: Mirena and confused....

• I'd call your doctor. Pregnancy with an IUD can have complications so you should get a definitive answer as soon as possible. If you kept testing and they're negative you probably aren't pregnant but you can get your doctor to run a blood test to be certain. 
  • I had the mirena too.  I randomly had spotting later on (3+ years) as well.  If the tests say negative then you are not pregnant at this time.  If you are pregnant enough for symptoms then you are pregnant enough to turn a test.  How did they check to see if it was in place?  
    Maybe you're getting sick, or you're just being hyper aware of you're body.  Bodies are weird and cycles are weird and you can spot for almost any reason.  You can keep taking tests if you keep "feeling pregnant" but you are not pregnant right now.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Also about year 3 on my mirena I started getting the lightest periods 2-3x per year. Per my dr it’s probably just the hormones wearing down. I also, had a scare. Got blood work done, and wasn’t pregnant. But I’ve also had a friend get pregnant and give birth to a great little girl when she had a mirena.