November 2019 Moms

Group 2: November 9th-16th - Check-in w/o 4/1

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? 

Re: Group 2: November 9th-16th - Check-in w/o 4/1

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 8 week u/s on thursday!

How are you feeling?: pretty good for the most part still. Nausea/food aversions are my worst symptom still.

Rants/raves: I miss enjoying food. I cant wait for the aversion phase to pass!

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Normally I'd say summer, but since we are currently living in the south where its hot/humid most of the year I'm going to say spring!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w +5d

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday!!

How are you feeling?: crappy. Nausea, exhaustion, bleck

Rants/Raves: I’ve been having what I think are Braxton Hicks already and I guess they can start earlier with each pregnancy. Guess I’ll ask about it on Wed.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall for sure. My birthday is in October and I love the weather.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/10 -- 8w + 1d (7w +6d according to ultrasound, but apparently that's close enough)

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry!

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my first 8w appointment today. Still riding high from it :) My next appointment is 5/3 for a NT scan and another ultrasound. 

How are you feeling?: Happy, sleepy, exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: I got to heard the baby's heart beat today. It was completely surreal. Completely. 

Questions: I'm wondering about all these scans coming up and the timing. The dr gave me so much information, but I was still so amped from seeing the baby. It's also different I guess in California because there's a CA screening program. I think I'm going to check to see if my insurance covers NIPT and how much it would be out of pocket....so confused. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall for sure! I love the outfits :) Although with how rainy it was in SoCal this year, I'm really looking forward to sustained sunny weather. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7w4d 11/14

Baby is the size of a(n): I think we’re jellybeans this week? 

Upcoming Appointments: 10 week full OB work up 4/18

How are you feeling?: sooo tired. Didn’t exercise once last week and I’m a normal 2x/day peloton+pure barre. I traveled two weekends in a row and it just ruined my attitude. I did get to spend a couple days with my sister though! We did the nonsense payday Target trip and just a bunch of eating out. I should probably watch what I eat this week 🤔

Rants/Raves:Rave for the husband! (He doesn’t get a lot of these lol) He didn’t actually do any of the things I do for the house while I was gone, but he did acknowledge that he recognizes exactly how much I do for him and the household. Baby steps. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?  Winter! I love to bundle up and I love snow! We live in the south now though and winter just means a shit ton of rain. So, I’m slowly becoming a summer person I guess!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks+Days: 11/11..8 Weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Rasberry on TB

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday!

How are you feeling?: Off. My emotions are all over the place. I’m miserable and I hate it! 

Rants/Raves: I’m sick of being in this negative funk. I dealt with mild anxiety and depression before and it would go away when I was pregnant with my first two sons so I thought this pregnancy would be the same...nope! I don’t want to do anything around my house. And I keep getting snappy with my kids :( I hate it! 
    Questions: None right now. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?  I enjoy spring. I like the rain. 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean! 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday morning

How are you feeling?: like crap. Nausea is ruining my life. This evening I’m getting a small break from it though thank goodness. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?  This time of year- love spring. Dreading being pregnant in the summer 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18; 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): blue berry

Upcoming Appointments: I have an US tomorrow followed by an OB appointment. 

How are you feeling?: I don't really feel pregnant at all. I have symptoms that will hit me at random times and they only last for a half hour or so. I shouldn't complain but it is nerve wracking. 

Rants/Raves: my house is a disaster and my realtor is coming by this afternoon to look around and tell me what I need to do before we take pictures and start showing it. So basically I have a ton of stuff to do today. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?  Spring because I can be outside with my kids without sweating like a pig. Summers in the south are brutal. 
  • @kurtni I was pregnant with DD2 during the summer and we had just moved to TX. Everytime I stepped outside I would start blacking out and passing out if I didn't get back inside quick enough. Even walking from the car to the house affected me. I felt so bad because I had to keep all my kids inside. Once I had the baby, we were out running around everywhere. 
  • adfeeadfee member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/15 - 7 weeks + 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday (finally!) 

How are you feeling?: so tired, nauseous, bloated, just gross overall 

Rants/Raves: Rants - nothing tastes good but I know I have to eat

Questions: none! 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Summer - I live for it in the midwest 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    November 15/ 7+4

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Blueberry...and developing kidneys! They bf is obsessed with this fact.

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Thursday. I had one 2 weeks ago because I thought I might possibly be further along than I am, but this will be the first one where we know anything I guess.

How are you feeling?: 
    Freaking hormonal. I cry over everything. And starving constantly.

Rants/Raves: 
    Oh boy don't even get me started.

Questions: 
    How do you deal with a friend who is "happy" for your pregnancy, but then wants to complain to your other friend about how she's really not that excited for you because shes jealous?

Anything but summer. I like the cooler weather, and spring where I live in NorCal is soooo pretty. And rain when we get it- it's been awesome this year!
  • @angieeeeee I wouldn't do anything about your friend. She may be going through TTC struggles that you aren't aware of and she just needed to get those negative feelings out. I know it sucks but sometimes people do weird things when they are struggling through something. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 ehhh.... she wants kids, her boyfriend wants to wait til they're married. Hes got two girls from his previous marriage that she's starting to take on as her own, but still wants a baby. I get where shes at, but I cant help but be annoyed about how shes being. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/10 8w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Just had a marathon of them yesterday ( u/s to check my SCH, which is gone!, Intake appt, then first official OB appt and blood work). Now nothing until 4/23

How are you feeling?: Honestly, other than tired and sore boobs, really well. I really can't complain.

Rants/Raves: none

Questions: any low risk mommas paying out of pocket for the first trimester screen/blood work? I have mixed feelings about it.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall! 
  • @dani_0921 I'm low risk and not AMA and on the fence too. I think my insurance will cover everything except the cell-free DNA screening, which they require a pre-authorization for. I looked at the testing company's website and I think they'll work with you if you're insurance doesn't cover. For mine, it looked like it would be $300 out-of-pocket for the cell-free DNA screening, which would be fine with me. I just hate having to work with so many companies to get just a single test approved -_- 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 14 / 7w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Keyboard key (Raspberry tomorrow!)

Upcoming Appointments: Already had a dating ultrasound saw the heartbeat but they didn't tell me what it was, will try to get another ultrasound for around 9-10 weeks. All the blood tests and the NIPT at 9 weeks!

How are you feeling?: Nausea, extreme hunger every 2 hours, bloated, sore boobs, exhausted!

Rants/Raves: All of the above/ Saw their heartbeat fluttering on screen! 😍

Questions: when will I stop feeling like a sloth?

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? I live for Spring & Summer! Winters are made for travelling.
  • @mvc003 I will have to look in to the specific test my practice offers and see how much they'd charge. My practice does both the ultrasound and the bloodwork together, so I will have to check with my insurance to see what they will/won't cover exactly. The midwife made it sound like they probably won't cover any of it. We shall see. 
  • I'm late getting to this, this week  :)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/11/19 and 8+2

Upcoming Appointments: U/S tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Bloated, exhausted and hungry!

Rants/Raves: I'm really looking forward to getting past the dating u/s tomorrow.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Summer. I grew up in New England so it was always fall, but where we live now basically goes from summer to winter and vice versa. Spring and fall barely exist.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/13 and I am exactly 8 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (the doctor said it's almost 1 inch already!)

Upcoming Appointments: I have my first appointment with my OB a week from today. I just graduated from my fertility clinic today and I've gotten used to the weekly ultrasounds. I don't know how I will do with less frequent peeks!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I'm exhausted and I have almost constant minor nausea m, but I know it could be SO much worse. I have some bloating and abdominal aches, but they're not horrible nuisances. 

Rants/Raves: I desperately want the first trimester to be over. I'm so ready to announce this pregnancy to the world and I hope my anxiety will lessen some. It has been such a long journey...

Questions: None at the moment.

Summer! I'm a summer baby and I love nothing more than just throwing on a sundress and spending time outside. We will see how I fare being pregnant this summer!
  • A little late on the thread this week. It’s spring break (I’m a teacher) and we were traveling. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w - 11/14

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: April 24 for my 2nd prenatal appt

How are you feeling?: Mostly good during the day. The nausea hits me around dinner time. Sometimes it’s tolerable. Other times, not so much. 

Rants/Raves: We told our almost 3yo and almost 5yo about Bebe today and they seemed excited so that was fun. 

Questions: none atm 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Anything but winter. 
  • @doraleigh35 how did your appointment go today? Just curious because we share due dates and both had appointments today. 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 10 (8w6d)

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear (though my husband and I laugh that the size comparisons can't be accurate; yesterday was a peanut, which feels either way bigger than a raspberry or much smaller!)

Upcoming Appointments: my first appointment is May 7! I'm just floating along hoping everything is okay!

How are you feeling?: The last couple of days have been good! Prior to that things were a little rough (2x4hr naps daily, nausea, massive appetite). I started a PT job in addition to a university practicum and I actually feel more energetic!

Rants/Raves: well, since I already ranted about the size comparisons (haha)... My rave is that I'm just so happy it's Friday! I have a busy day planned and I'm looking forward to getting home and taking a nice bath 🛁

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Late summer/early fall. It's always felt like new beginnings for me 🍂
  • @knottie03e1ff73e068d333 would you mind changing your username so we can more easily interact with you? You may have to log out and back in. 
  • AshCHBAshCHB member
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 w / 3 d (Nov 13)

Upcoming Appointments: My OB practice doesn't do initial appts until 10 weeks, so I don't have my first appointment until the 15th (which is actually 2 days before I'm officially 10 weeks, so I'm getting in a little early)

How are you feeling?: Lots of nausea, but I'm dealing with that fine. The mood swings are what's really bugging me. I flip flop between super ragey at things like my toddler making a mess or people at work being dummies, and then lazy/depressed/anti-social. I haven't even been logging on The Bump the past few weeks other than to check my "Baby is the size of...." tracker, because I just feel like doing nothing and interacting with nobody.

Rants/Raves: See above answer re: mood swings, haha

Questions: nothing at the moment

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Autumn, for sure! It's actually my 3 yo's name. I love the chilly breezes, bundling up in sweaters and scarves, and the colors everywhere.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Side note, my username is NOT waldropra but it posted as that for some reason. The app was acting crazy.