April 2019 Moms
Options

Non-stress test

My doctor hasn't brought up doing a non stress test yet. I'm 37w5d today and just wondering if anyone else has experience with dr not wanting to do this test?

Re: Non-stress test

• Options
    Is there a reason you think you should get one? I don't think they do them regularly. I know I haven't gotten one and my midwife has never mentioned it.
  • Options
    Many of my coworkers are concerned that I haven't had one done yet! I dont have any complications and have had a healthy pregnancy so i just wanted to know if it's normal or not to have one
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless there is an underlying issue I don’t think they’re standard till you’re post dates. If you’re concerned about not receiving one bring it up to your doctor.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Well, definitely ask your OB to ease your mind (and apparently all your coworkers lol), but it's definitely normal not to have one! As long as you're not high risk and baby moves regularly, I'm pretty sure they don't do them routinely. 
  • Options
    Side note, it's so funny how people get so concerned about certain things. I've had so much unsolicited advice and I'm like, thanks, but......no thanks :) 
  • Options
    I don’t know anyone who had one in a standard healthy pregnancy until they were past their due date. As far as I know it’s not done regularly if baby is sufficiently active and has no issues. 

I currently have them weekly because I’m high risk. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Just had an NST at 38+6, purely because it was recommended in my MFM consult from September. I wouldn’t worry about not having one. Also, it was a super useless test from my perspective.
  • Options
    I’m currently 38weeks with my third and I have never had a NST. So like others have said, If you dont have any underlying conditions and you’re having a healthy pregnancy it’s nothing to worry about 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies so much!
  • Options
    I had a few done only because I was showing signs of preeclampsia. It's not a normal doctor visit so be glad it hasn't been brought up 😉