November 2019 Moms

Group 3: November 17-24 w/o 4/1 Check In

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Group 3: November 17-24 w/o 4/1 Check In

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 22, 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea over here still :)

Upcoming Appointments: Just schedule the first one for Apr 24!

How are you feeling?: SUPER nauseated. very fatigued. a little bit down lately. just want to sleep it all off.

Rants/Raves: We told my side of the family yesterday because everyone was in town, so I'm excited to have my mom and sister to talk about this!

Questions: None for the time being.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? I love the fall... everything is cooling down from the ridiculous hot summer and we start getting ready for all the holidays, but it isn't chaotic yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7+0  11/18

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 8 week appt & ultrasound on 4/11 (10 more days!)

How are you feeling?:  pretty good. Tired and constantly hungry. 

Rants/Raves:  not much going on, just looking forward to our first ultrasound 

Questions: nah 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? I live in FL so we dont really get seasons but up north I LOVE fall. I love crisp air, the changing of leaves and comfy clothes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 22 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea!

Upcoming Appointments: April 12th

How are you feeling?: nauseous and TIRED! but loving every minute of it

Rants/Raves: Recently I've developed quite a few food aversions and my poor husband can't quite grasp how cooking any sort of meat could send me to the bathroom so quickly!

Questions: 
    GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall for sure. The outfits, the crisp air, the baked goods are all better in the fall!
  • @mhavel1 due date buddies!! Oh gosh, food aversions are awful! Scrambled eggs are one of mine... blech!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 19/ 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: 12 week ultrasound in May (so far away!)

How are you feeling?: A little better today. I have been so nauseous and fatigued lately, but my doctor gave me a prescription, and I think it is helping. Thank goodness! I wasn't sure I could take another six weeks of feeling like that! I've also been really chilled, which is odd. I usually get hot flashes when I'm pregnant, but this time, I just can't get warm.

Rants/Raves: My poor toddler has been so confused and unhappy this week. Due to a SCH, I have been told not to lift anything over 15 pounds (including him). When he's upset, he asks to be picked up, and I have to lead him over to the couch and convince him to climb up before I can comfort him on my lap. We're both pretty frustrated with the situation!

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? I am always cold, so I love warm weather. As long as the weather is above 75 degrees, I'm happy. Fortunately, I live somewhere without severe winters, so I'm happy most of the year! If I had to choose though, I really love spring, when the flowers bloom and the weather is perfect for sitting outside in the backyard!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 21 6+5

Baby is the size of a(n):sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: April 22nd I have a US appointment 

How are you feeling?:  nauseous and exhausted 

Rants/Raves:  The baby doesn’t like anything that I like to eat. Every time I try to eat I just end up being nauseous or almost throwing up.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall is the best time of the year.  There’s a nice cooler weather and it’s so pretty outside. Then the holidays start and it’s football season. 
  • <3 Hi all! Kinda surreal to be a part of this board!!  <3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 21: 6 weeks, 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry?

Upcoming Appointments: April 16 is my first ultrasound appointment!

How are you feeling?:  Definitely fatigued. Light nausea that comes and goes, but thankfully no throwing up! (yet).  And my boobs are still sooo sore, esp around the armpits.  And no food sounds good. 

Rants/Raves:  This is my first go-around so I feel like I know nothing! Excited for the US to help confirm things. Not planning on telling my family, since they are out of state, until we are in the 2nd trimester.

Questions: Too many to type. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Spring! I love when it finally warms up, the days are longer, and I don't have to wear a coat :) 
  • Hi everybody! I just introduced myself in the intro section, love the community and comraderie these forums provide!! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Nov. 23, 7 wks, 4 day

Baby is the size of a(n):
    blueberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    May 2 for 12 wk appt!

How are you feeling?: 
    Tired, mostly

Rants/Raves:
     I'm struggling a little with the not so positive reaction my sister had to the news 😕 

Questions:
    None...yet 

GTKY:
    What is your favorite time of the year? I love the transitional seasons like fall and spring which never seem quite long enough.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/24 7wks 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry and/or silk worm

Upcoming Appointments: 4/19

How are you feeling?: not pregnant? I have no sickness, no nausea, no constipation. I’m only sleepy around 7-9ish, I eat A LOT, and I tend to get moody.

Rants/Raves: I don’t feel pregnant! And I can poop, but I’m in pain when I do.

Questions: I’ve read sex in the first trimester is not ok. I’m always in the mood, but we’re both so afraid to do anything. Am I eating ok? 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Spring and Summer! :)
  • EDD: 11/21/19 acording to my last US
    Size: bluberry
    Appointments: 5/3
    How are you feeling?: nausea and tiredness, my breast is very sore too :( 
    Rants/Raves: I am struggling with my husband’s negative reaction, he is very afraid as we are above 35 and we already have 2 kids. 
    Favorite time of the year: late summer/early fall when it’s not crazy hot 
  • @kaibeth98 my OB said sex is ok and continue as normal, didn't give any specific instructions. I'm opposite and have zero interest though 😅

@izulek01 so sorry husband is not quite on board..it's an adjustment. I've been struggling with my own feelings and fears about it. He'll come around I'm sure
  • EDD 11/24 currently 7wks + 3.
    My baby is the size of a macaroni noodle.
    My first ultrasound appointment is 4/15, next Monday. Super excited!
    I'm feeling fine except for occasional exhaustion through the day, occasional nausea after eating, and some moodiness (usually associated with exhaustion). I was struggling with constipation but I had to increase water and fiber, and decrease iron. Now I'm good there.
    No rants or raves really. I can say though, that getting all the sleep I wanted was much easier during my first pregnancy than it is now that I have three toddlers. But I did gain a lot of weight that first pregnancy, so...
    I have always loved fall and having a fall baby will add to it. The changing leaves and cool temps are so enjoyable (and I'm sure the cool off will be welcome in the third trimester). This year, I'm not cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I'll let someone else handle that.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 22, 7w 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry!

Upcoming Appointments: Nurse intake on April 25, will finally meet with the doc on April 30

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, almost all the time. Nausea woke me up at 3:00 a.m. this morning but I'm not throwing up yet so I guess that's good news? I also gag every time I brush my teeth. If it's gets any worse I'm going to have to switch to mouthwash or something. I'm also much more tired than usual, I've been crawling into bed around 9 every night rather than my usual 11 -11:30.

Rants/Raves: None yet. We're still trying to decide when/how to tell family (we live on the opposite coast). We know they will be EXCITED since it will be the first baby of the next generation for both families. So we're trying to get some of our preferences in order so we aren't bombarded with oodles of house guests over the holidays. I love being around family and am a social person, but am also private about medical stuff and don't want an audience while I'm figuring out breastfeeding, etc. I'm still not sure how I feel about all that. I know recovery can be so hard, and I just wish there was a way to know what the right balance would be. 

Questions: Do any experienced moms have advice for my rants/raves situation? Oh! And does anyone have ideas for long-distance announcements? My ILs are not tech-savvy at all, so FaceTime/Skype options are out.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? I love spring, summer, and autumn equally! Winter is not my favorite. It's snowing today. Again. I'm so over winter at this point. 
  • eranfarawayeranfaraway member
    edited April 2019
    @kaibeth98  You might want to try psyllium to help you in the poo department. I don't like the tang taste of Metamucil and other brands, so I just buy plain psyllium, mix it with water, and chug it. Just don't take it when you take you're vitamins, as it might lock up all that nutritious goodness. 
  • wncamp85wncamp85 member
    edited April 2019
    @eranfaraway Have you thought about sending a copy of the ultrasound pic by mail to your in-laws?

Also, in regards to desiring privacy, maybe excuse yourself to another room. I did when I pumped. Do what you need and don't worry about what others might think. I also had to assert myself in the hospital room after the birth of my twins. My first go round, nurses had their hands all over me trying to get my son to latch (which was unsuccessful) and relatives wanted to be present when I was recovering from a c-section. Second time through it, I told everyone to wait till we were in our room and for the nurse to keep their hands off.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks and a few days

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound next week

How are you feeling?: Awful! I’m exhausted and so so so nauseous. It wasn’t this bad with my other 2. I’m sure I’m also more exhausted because I’m chasing a 2 and 3 year old 

Rants/Raves: I’m thrilled that the doctor put me on nausea meds so I can eat lunch and dinner! Lol! 

Questions: STM or STM+.... do you know if there are any preventative measures that can be taken to prevent hemorrhaging after birth? Obviously I plan to talk to my dr but it’s weighing on my mind right now. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall
  • Hello everyone! I’m happy to meet some people due around the same time as me! I never intoduced myself on the other page but I am 28 and this will be our 4th child. Feeling so blessed. Praying for a boy!  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 22nd / 8 weeks 5 days :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Gummy Bear

Upcoming Appointments: just had an appointment today so next is May 22nd. 

How are you feeling?: I feel wonderful! So happy that everything went well at today’s appointment so now it’s just getting ready to share our news with everyone. 

Rants/Raves: Rants- showing much sooner this time! I feel like need yoga pants already! 

Questions: have you all shared your news with family/ friends already? 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Summer! I love it hot and sunny. Playing with the kids outside all day. That’s the best time of year for me. 
  • @babybellsmommie Hello!! So exciting.  Are you starting to feel more pregnant? 
  • @mhavel1 I hope your nausea goes away quickly! Second trimester is not too far off now! Maybe some relief is on the way. 
  • @eranfaraway if you're still looking for long-distance announcement options, I've recently decided to mail little packages to our loved ones to announce! They'll be Easter themed boxes with grass and non-chocolate candies (so they don't melt!) With a picture of the US and a note that says somebunny is excited to meet their *insert relation here*! 
  • @lovemylittles33 thank you! I've had a couple good days here and there so I'm hoping it's petering out! 🤞