July 2019 Moms
Options

Pelvic Rest - Warning TMI

Has anyone else been put on pelvic rest? We went for our 19 week anatomy scan and we were told that the placenta is still to low. ( Not placenta previa). We repeated the scan at 21 weeks and there was no change. We are now 22 weeks and have been informed we will remain on pevic rest until at least our next scan at 28 weeks. Ladies ... It's been over 3 weeks on pelvic rest and we still have 6 weeks at the minimum to go!!! Anyone else going through this?? 

Re: Pelvic Rest - Warning TMI

• Options
    Yup. It sucks. Been on it since the 20w AS, hoping to get released today at the OB or next Friday at the MFM Follow-Up. We’ve had two mini vacations since, too, and that made it suck extra.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I was on it the entire pregnancy last time due to a subchorionic hematoma (a bruise on my placenta that they were worried might get worse). I was on it for about a month this pregnancy, due to the same issue, but the SCH went away on its own this time. 

Not fun! And my husband agrees ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry. This is my 3rd child and so far the most uncomfortable pregnancy. I told my other half that I want a night away when we get the all clear. Lol l  will send some positive vibes your way. 
  • Options
    Yes my placenta is lying low too... found out at 20W scan and we are going for another US at 28W. Doc does not currently have me on any rest or restrictions but if no change by 28W I am assuming I will be. Trying to just take it easy and be careful. We are hopeful my placenta will move up with growth of uterus and baby.
  • Options
  • Options
    I haven’t commented in a while now but ditto all of this. Been on pelvic rest for about 6 weeks and I’m guessing at least another 6-8 if not the entire rest of my pregnancy. 100% previa over here and a friable cervix...which i’d never heard of until we had a 5am ER visit for bleeding while traveling. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hoping to get some good news tomorrow, need to go for part 2 of the AS 🤞🏼
  • Options
    @catebn824 I had to google "friable cervix." It just sounds like you're, well, frying your cervix. Weird term. I have an MFM return on Friday, similarly hoping for good news, because this pelvic rest is getting OLD.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 right!? I looked at the dr like she had 3 heads 😂
  • Options
    I was on pelvic rest for a couple weeks at the begining of this pregnancy when my sexy hormones we're in overdrive and it just about killed me and my husband. You just have to get creative and do other romantic things. I asked my doctor very awkwardly if it was still okay to have an orgasm. I don't know who was more caught off gaurd her or my husband. Needless to say it was a no to being able to orgasm much to my disappointment.
  • Options
    @Niesen27 I feel you! I’m still in this boat. My dr told me straight up no intercourse, orgasms, kegels!!! Or any exercise other than walking/swimming. Talk about extreme pelvic rest!
  • Options
    I was on 6 weeks of pelvic rest in the first tri. No orgasms, no penetration, no fun for ME at all :( it totally sucks. 
  • Options
    For all you mom's still on pelvic rest I hope you can get cleared by your doctor's soon 🙏🤞
  • Options
    I am not this time, but was with my first. Although I remember being a little upset DH was in the room when they cleared me bacause I wasn’t ready to return to sex just yet. 
  • Options
    Anyone else on pelvic rest, solely because their husband has some weird mental block about it? Ever since I started showing, he won't do anything. :(  He did the same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter, and then breastfeeding killed my desire post-baby... so we basically went 1.5 years without and it will probably be the same this go-around. 
  • Options
    @strickland8052-- sort of in the same boat.  Last time around we co-slept for like 2.5 years, so very little happened.  She is finally sleeping in her own room and we *should* be able to do what we want to do.  We are having ummm mechanical issues.  My belly keeps getting in the way of doing the deed.  SO FRIGGIN FRUSTRATING!!
  • Options
    @strickland8052 I would be in the same boat, but I have taken matters into my own hands. I dont get as much action as I would like, but every once in a while I just climb on top.Thankfully DH goes along with it. If I didnt take initiative, I think nothing would happen. Really hoping things go back to normal soon because we are usually very active in the bedroom
  • Options
    @strickland8052 similar boat. I was on actual pelvic rest for a while, but DH and I have only had sex a few times since being released and if I did not climb on top and take matters into my own hands I don't think any thing would have happened. 
  • Options
    Doggy style or laying on your side with H behind are amazing while pregnant. Belly doesn't get in the way. Our sexlife has been nonexistent because he's been gone so much... 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙