November 2019 Moms

Gluten sensitivity spectrum/Celiac expectant mommas

Hello all! I'd like to start out by saying that I realize there is a specific food allergy thred under the specialty heading on the main page, but as no one has posted on it in about 4 years and most of the questions were for mommas post-partum, I figured it would be helpful to start another here! I have never been formally diagnosed with Celiac's disease because I refused to eat it again while TTC for the testing. However, I did have textbook symptoms prior to going GF and have adhered to the diet strictly since! Have any of you mommas noticed a huge amount of bloating/a large blump since getting your BFP? I'm 6w2d today and have been gigantic (maternity pants only) since 4w. It feels almost like I've been glutened without the headaches! 

Re: Gluten sensitivity spectrum/Celiac expectant mommas

• Hi! Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. Please introduce yourself in the the introduction thread that is pinned to the top of this board. Also, take a moment to read through the thread titled "Read First." It explains how this board is organized. This would be a great question to post in "The Great Question" thread, also pinned at the top of this board. One off posts like this one are discouraged because they clutter our board. 
  • I'll be sure to hop over to the intro thread, thanks! I've been waiting to formally introduce myself until after I had passed the date of my last MC (mainly out of superstition). I would like to keep this thread open for a couple more days to see if we can create a long-term group to go through pregnancy with, such as the PGAL group or the anxiety/depression group, so that we can discuss things that may happen specifically to people with a gluten sensitivity such as nutrient absorption issues, accidental gluten-ing and GF pregnancy foods and products!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have celiac diseaae
    Meghan (30) & Michael (34)
  • @meghanmacinnis are you also experiencing a lot of bloating? I feel like since my belly has been "pre-stretched" by years of gluten bloat, it daily swells back up to about a volleyball size!
  • I don’t have diagnosed celiac but i have wheat sensitivities. I’ve been pretty bloated/exhausted but I think that’s normal for pregnancy.
  • Totally agree! As a FTM, it was kind of shocking to me! 
  • @mhavel1 like you, I have all the symptoms but refuse to reintroduce gluten in order to get tested. My mom is diagnosed. I was talking to someone else about this a few weeks ago, but pregnancy makes me feel like I’ve been glutened; bloating, intestinal issues, bathroom problems, headaches, etc. It also is the only time I crave gluten. 
  • @waldropra I hear you on the gluten cravings! I want nothing more than I would like a buttered roll from Texas Roadhouse. I did try to make some rolls with Krusteaz (sp?) 1-to-1 flour the other week but it didn't quite scratch my itch :( I'm 6w6d today and I've found my bloating has let up quite a bit, though I'm still constipated and have headaches so hopefully there's relief in sight for all of us!