November 2019 Moms

Product Spotlight: maternity wear

I  figured we could use a thread where we can discuss brands and styles. Also, if you see any good deals, post below so we can all get in on it. 

Re: Product Spotlight: maternity wear

• I think this is along the lines of maternity wear - belly support bands? Does any one have one they liked? I have diastasis recti from my previous pregnancies and was actually thinking of having corrective surgery before we found out #3 was on board. I already have periods of back pain and would like to get a jump on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @emeraldcity1214 along the lines of your jeans comment in the other thread, I ordered a pair of maternity jeans with the soft half panel in the front from kohl’s. I’m not too sure how they’re going to fit but I can’t wear my regular jeans anymore and I can only take my belly band so much. If they’re awesome I’ll update when they arrive. 

Im so uncomfortable in shorts to begin with but I’ll probably try to get a pair since we’re going to the beach for a week in August and I’ll be around 30 weeks then. I’ll check out target @lea-v3. I’m also interested in the belly support band if people have suggestions. I want to keep jogging and I know I’ll need it. 

I like my full panel leggings from Motherhood Maternity.. I’ve already been wearing them around the house. 
  • I love my full panel leggings from MM as well! I also have a pair of jeans from there that fit really nicely. I know they don't have much in terms of sizing for jeans though (at least not in store). I bought both side panel jeans and shorts from Target last week. The jeans have quite a bit to be desired in terms of fit but the shorts are AWESOME! They also have some cute dresses out in store at Target if that's a little more anyone's speed! I'm planning ahead for TX summers already 😂
  • I've been eyeing dresses at Asos! Really cute stuff and some good prices!
  • I splurged on some jeans last pregnancy that were Jessica Simpson. They look and feel amazing. Well worth the price that I paid. I got then from MM. 

I hate wearing shorts when I'm not pregnant so I will likely stick to my Azure LLR skirts on hot days. 

@creamcheeseplease I am definitely going to check out Khols thanks! 
  • I've bought some cute maternity stuff from Zulily. The quality can vary a lot, so I recommend being careful what brands you buy. I've found the prices to be pretty reasonable, especially when I wanted something a little dressier than my normal Target or Old Navy maternity t-shirts!
  • @mhavel1 do you remember what style of leggings you bought?  I was looking online and they had a couple of different ones.  Wasn't sure which to get.  Thanks!
  • @gapmom2019 they're the fleece over the belly leggings! I was initially worried they'd be too warm but they're a perfect medium weight in my opinion!
  • gapmom2019gapmom2019 member
    edited April 2019
    I've bought a couple of cute jumpsuits from Target that are really comfy and perfect for the first trimester--I even think there will be enough room to get through the 2nd trimester maybe.  Here's one I bought, it feels like pjs and is super cute on.  

• I'm currently on the lookout for some decently priced faux leather maternity leggings. Is that crazy? I just want some clothes where I still feel like myself in them and faux leather leggings are a staple for me during fall/winter/spring under non-preggo circumstances. 
  • Maxi skirts are still in style, right? I lived in those last pregnancy and fully intend to do that again this time! So flowy and help keep me cool but covered in the summer! Plus the stretchy waist band is great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I’ve been getting a lot of maternity clothes off of Mercari! I’ve snagged some great deals. 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• @macabremom spanx actually makes ones that are killer. One in a moto style and one in plain faux leather. They are phenomenal and a good material that lasts. 
  • @macabremom and @cl4157 yeah I've heard good things about the spanx momma ones. They're kinda pricey though I think. I have their regular faux leather leggings and they are awesome.

I'm so disappointed, I got my jeans that I ordered from Kohls and the picture had a soft band around the top (not full panel) and when they came they were just regular side panel, which I didn't want. 
  • I have been looking online at lots of stuff but my dilemma is I can't find my box of mat clothes from my 1st pregnancy. I had lent it to my sister but thought I got it back. I've searched everywhere, and can't find it!! I can't ask her about it yet, because we haven't announced to anyone. I'm excited to look and see what I already have...I hardly remember! I am looking forward to getting a few new things too:)
  • Ok ladies.. I'm not a Lululemon kind of girl other than working out but I just tried on the "Align" pants and holy **** SO COMFORTABLE. They have a super high rise too for the bump & my friend who's 24 weeks with twins is living in them so I thought I'd give them a try.... Just ordered 2 pairs. Do yourself a favour and get these!
  • @swedishmeatball I am a lulu gal, and I live in aligns. But I’ve found the last few weeks, the seam in the waist really bothers me. I don’t want anything touching my belly and the aligns waist just doesn’t feel good to me. I’m so bummed, I was planning to spend much of my pregnancy in aligns, but it doesn’t look like they’re going to work for me. 
  • Same here.... align lover but cannot stand anything touching me right now. I think I’ll be more comfortable once it’s more of a bump than just a soft tender area. I have purchased some of the beyond yoga maternity style though just in case.
  • Hmmm that's true, the Aligns should be here on Monday so I'll see how they go. I've been just wearing high waisted linen pants or stretchy low rise jeans at the moment so this will be a true test!
    Thank God for Winners/Marshall's because I've grabbed a few random cheapies that have been saving me!
  • edited April 2019
    I got some stretchy maternity pants from Kohl's and they are super comfy. I'm only 10 weeks but I'm done with my regular pants. After I eat during the day my bloat is uncontrollable and it is obvious. We went out to eat last night for DH's birthday and if I had been in my regular jeans I would have been miserable. I also got some Dani LLR dresses that are super cute for summer and once I announce I will actually be able to take full advantage of those for a month or two. 

Since we are moving to AK in June I'm not sure how much summer things I will actually need. I'm pretty sure there is only 2 months of actual warmish weather where we will be. 

Edit: spelling
  • LuLaRoe Carly dresses... dresses in general... are my new jam! Anything loose fitting is my friend! I went to Easter mass last night in regular pants and I was MISERABLE! Today, rocking a dress! 
  • @ejoseph16 but that would involve shaving my legs..  :s:D 
  • Omg. @lea-v3 I slept in leggings on Friday night and my leg hair was probably from Monday?Sunday? Long enough to DESTROY my evening. I was so mad when I woke up 😂😂
  • I’m 5’1”.  12 weeks and I think it’s time to get some maternity pants.  Any suggestions on where to find petite maternity bottoms which doesn’t cost a fortune?  Pants are difficult for me even non preggo!
  • Thoughts on side panel vs full panel jeans? I've become a fan of Old Navy rock star jeans outside of being pregnant and I see they have rock star options in side and full panel options. Side panel are about $20 and full panel about $40. I will probably splurge on one really good pair from elsewhere but these seem like a really good deal especially since I know I normally like them. 
  • Personally, side panel pants just don't sound comfortable at all to me. I feel like they would rub my belly and I would hate it. When you start getting big, full panel is very comfy. 
  • @cl4157 I feel you! I'm in leggings today and they itch  :# 

@runningfortwo81 I prefer full panels. Especially as you grow. With both my other pregnancies, I noticed a huge difference in how sore my stomach and back were when wearing side panel vs. the extra support the full panel gave.
  • I also prefer full panel. I have 1 pair of side panel shorts and they arent my favorite. I love full panel, and just roll it down when my belly is smaller.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do exactly what @gumby22c does and just rolls the panel down until my belly gets big enough. 
  • I have one pair of side panel jeans and they are okay. The panel on those is very soft so I don't mind it as much, but I doubt it will be comfortable when I get bigger. Full panel is much more comfortable. I went and bought a pair of maternity full panel jeans and wore them yesterday and I'm pretty much just going to wear maternity from this point on, I'm 12w. @natehk you are probably better off just ordering bunch of petite online and returning what doesn't work for you, the only petite I've heard of is at Motherhood Maternity but I'm sure there are others. I'm like on the borderline for petite height pants and I got a pair of good petite work pants there last pregnancy. 
  • Asos has 20% off everything with code ITSMAY20. I'm finally going to pull the trigger and order some things since I am going to be telling my job this week.
  • Looks like Motherhood has some deals today, a lot of the tanks and t-shirts are discounted and I see a few of the swimsuits are $20. 
  • Any advice for maternity dress pants? I'm not that fond of leggings (and most dont fit because of my calf size anyway) and my work is a dress casual, jeans are only once a week. I'm planning on getting some dresses for the summer, but I would like some dress pants too!
  • Trying to find some maternity legging like shorts to wear under dresses. Like the biker shorts they advertise for kids to go under dresses. But I want the joy of the belly panel with them. Anyone know what Im talking about?
  • Bringing this back to the forefront because I need help. I am pretty good on work clothes but I just need some summer basics and I don't want to spend much. Has anyone ordered from Jane.com? They seem to have good cheap options for casual dresses and tops.
  • Well, it’s official. I can’t button my regular jeans anymore. Went to put them on this morning after
    not wearing for a week and there is like an inch and a half gap between the button and button hole.... lol. Time to find some new pants! 16w3d today.
  • bmmimsbmmims member
    Motherhood Maternity has a lot of tank tops and simple summer dresses on sale right now! I snagged a bunch of tanks for $5 each just now :) 
  • Similar deals still going on at Motherhood, $5 tanks and $10 tees. I went in store yesterday and got a bunch of tees and three dresses. Also, OLd Navy has some decent deals going on to- if you already have kids some of their kids stuff is on good sale too. I got my son bathing suits for $7!
  • So I wanted to give a product shoutout to StitchFix because they have a maternity option and it has been life changing to have cute stuff that fits delivered as opposed to trekking 30 minutes with the 3 and 1 yo to Motherhood Maternity and attempting to shop.  Can't recommend enough.