Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 3/30-3/31

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Weekend 3/30-3/31

• Loading the player...
  • @holly321 enjoy your trip to Lowe's!
  • @holly321 enjoy the time with YH today 
    @emeraldduchess ugh hate people like that - glad you have something fun tonight to look forward to!
    @brookert615 I’m glad you got a date night :) 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @emeraldduchess So sorry AF is being a B! That’s so frustrating about your coworker and glad you’re able to have the weekend! Have fun at the theater tonight!!!

@holly321 Enjoy your time with YH!!! And yay for a new screen door!

@chichiphin Oh! Enjoy the beautiful day and your date night! Sounds like a good time!

@kbrown2385 Enjoy your day! That’s awesome you were able to have special time with YH! And ohhhh your chart is pretty!

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @chichiphin that sound like fun.  Dh doesn’t like bars, so we haven’t been in a while, but are going to see my friend’s band play at one in a few weeks!

@kbrown2385 I hope you enjoy your day!  I love walking on nature trails.  Glad you had a nice evening with your dh.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: NTNP. No contraception, sperm-friendly lubricant (Pre-Seed), staying healthy in general (working out, hiking, eating healthier), pre-natal vitamins, avoiding unnecessary chemicals/nasties in environment/food/pharms.

R/R: Probably too much TMI, but [spoiler]I've been absolutely insatiable this cycle when it comes to sex/lovemaking. Fortunately, the hubby hasn't minded too much! I'm not sure if it is the switch over to no contraception (we previously used condoms) or if something has biologically changed once I started to TTC? Anyone else experience this? I feel like a teenager!  :D [/spoiler]

CS/Q: See the spoiler in R/R for my question if you dare. ^^;
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop, it may simply be ttc, but bcp pills killed my sex drive.  Also, my sex drive is a lot higher before I ovulate, even when not ttc. There is a hormonal correlation.  
  • flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited March 2019
    @holly321 I've heard that before! It's always really interesting to hear about that shift in drive.

I haven't taken BC pills (or any other hormonal therapies) for two decades.  They pretty much make me have constant migraines and the sensation of being carsick.  I'm a weirdo, I know! I have a hard time even taking steroid shots when I have allergic reactions, so I guess you could say I'm quite sensitive to hormonal shifts. Figured I would clear that up as that definitely wouldn't be a factor in this case. It may just be an ovulation thing (paired with the excitement of TTC), like you said!
    Edit:typo
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @brookert615 - Love impromptu dates! Glad you had fun!

@emeraldduchess - So sorry to see you over here and that AF is treating you badly. Ugh people like your coworker are so exhausting...hope the theater cheers you up!

@holly321 - That's nice that you finally get a real weekend with your H!

@chichiphin - Ooh bourbon bar date sounds fun! 

@kbrown2385 - That sounds like a nice day...sometimes it's nice to just have a chunk of the weekend to yourself! I love a good low key nature walk.

@flowntheloop - ooh well that certainly can't hurt! It sounds like maybe it is ovulation + excitement of TTC.

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: clomid for long/irregular cycles, prenatals, Ovia, OPK's, will try pre-seed this month

R/R: Just did an impromptu shopping trip to get new sheets and throw pillows so that was fun, and about to cook dinner with SO. Pretty uneventful day and feeling pretty calm about upcoming FW. I was thinking I might not tell him when the super important days are this month and just act like I want to HIO for fun so he feels less pressure!

CS/Q: nope
  • @whitealbum29 Oh, new sheets are the best! Enjoy your dinner! 
    TW
  • Will come back for tags..

Month/Cycle: 14/14

CD: 1 😢

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PV, OPK, BBT

R/R: Rant: need to travel next week and the week after. Therefore we might not be able to schedule an IUI this cycle... Rave(?): DH finally started to get worried & realized its a real issue; he was like “you are just being crazy we won’t have problem getting pregnant at all (b/c everyone else in his family seem to blink and get KU?)” ever since we get off BC...

CS/Q: temp dropped this morning again, so it’s no surprise
    Me: 26 DH: 28
    Married 2016
    TTC #1 2018-03
    Dx: unexplained
  • @littlesheep123 I'm so sorry for the BFN. :(  It took my DH a while to realize and accept that there's a LOT involved in getting KU and even with perfect timing, the odds are low.  Basically the opposite of what they taught us at school during sex ed.
    @whitealbum29 hope you had a nice dinner!  I like your idea of not telling your DH when your next FW is.  Maybe I should try that with mine...
    @chichiphin your date night sounds great! Hope you had a nice time. :)

• @littlesheep123 CD1 is always a bummer =\ so sorry. 

@whitealbum29 I also like the idea of not telling YH about when the particular hotspot days are. 

@flowntheloop Glad you’re having fun with all the “trying”! 

@kbrown2385 So many ppl I know went hiking today, or so instagram tells me. 

Month/Cycle: 6/5/2AL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: opk, ff, bbt, 

R/R: (all of these are kind of both, lol.) my chart is wild, climbing a mountain, so I’m curious when/if FF will say O? Today was the last day of the conference, and I had a good time, but happy to have a day of no obligations tomorrow— I don’t fly home til Monday. I wasted my fertile week getting crushes at this conference (one non-binary dude in particular, so freakin tall/handsome/sweet/flirty? i can never tell anymore when flirting is occurring or if ppl are just nice.) I do love having crushes. 

CS/Q: a +opk last night AND this morning. gonna do one again tonite (i’ve never gotten two before.) on my way (via publix transit taking forever) back to where i’m staying with friends; can’t wait for the hotel tomorrow! 
  • @emeraldduchess ikr it’s completely opposite to the sex Ed at school... We joked that we have wasted so much 💰 on BC
    Me: 26 DH: 28
    Married 2016
    TTC #1 2018-03
    Dx: unexplained
  • @littlesheep123 I’m glad yh is finally realizing it’s not as easy as it seems. Sorry for cd 1.

@kagesstarshroom glad you had a nice time at the conference! Hope you’re able to enjoy a little tomorrow (today?🤔). It was too nice here not to get outside yesterday.

@whitealbum29 new sheets and pillows is my favorite! I find not telling dh where i am in my cycle definitely helps the stress levels.

@flowntheloop my sex drive is highest around ovulation. I’d absolutely be taking advantage of feeling insatiable lol.
  • @kbrown2385 are you happy with tempdrop so far?? 
    @flowntheloop mines always up when I O or right before, but I also was on hormonal BC that ruined my sex drive towards the last 6 mo on it
    @whitealbum29 that’s how I tried to approach it too - like he knew we could get KU during those days but didn’t know it was THE crucial day ha 
    @kagesstarshroom enjoy the day today!
    @littlesheep123 so sorry for CD1
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin I love it! I don’t have to wake up at the same time everyday or even sleep well through the night to get my temp. The one downside is it’s not compatible with basically any apps, but I have no issue putting my temp in ff in the morning. So far, my chart this cycle is the best it’s ever looked. 
  • @littlesheep123 Sorry about your CD1! 

@kagesstarshroom Enjoy your day of no obligations! Too funny about that guy and you never know anymore lol! 

TW
  • @littlesheep123 I hope that is true! We are trying a more casual approach to TTC just so we (hopefully) don't burn out. I definitely don't want this to become a job, if that makes any sense.

@kbrown2385 @chichiphin My drive is usually up around this time as well, but I have noticed a big difference this cycle. I wonder if I'm just becoming more in-tune/aware of my body during this process? I'm definitely trying my best to take advantage of the situation, but I think my drive is a bit higher than the DHs  :D

TTC #1 since 3/2019