August 2019 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 3/26

Re: TMI Tuesday 3/26

• Options
    Okay I actually have one. With my other pregnancies, I never had a problem with sex. But this pregnancy it is literally the last thing I want to do. It hurts so badly and last night we tried and had to stop because the pain was so bad. I couldn't move because of RLP for ten minutes and then I was in pain all night and am sore this morning. Is this normal? I have never had this before and I am miserable.
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 last pregnancy I just had so little drive, its better this time, but no pain. Could you try on your side with him behind you so that you dont have to spread  your legs so much aggravating your ligaments? I also find as I get farther along lots of pillows to support me can be helpful
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I haven't experienced it yet with this one, but with #2 it was very painful down there during intercourse. I talked to my doctor about it, and they recommended putting a pillow under me so that I was slightly elevated, and at a better angle. It did help, but it was still painful. But at that point I was experiencing so much pain and discomfort from various things that I decided what's a little more.
    (Honestly, the last few months pregnant with DS#2 were very uncomfortable, I would experience pain down there anytime I moved after lying down or sitting for prolonged periods, middle of the night pee runs were a nightmare. I'm dreading that happening again.)
  • Options
    In the same vein, my drive has been SO down with this one. It'll ramp up 2 or 3 days a week, but I swear it also coincides with ANYTHING that prevents it from happening. Between DH's mood swings, DD1's two-ness, and work being nothing but stressful ... I'm trying to be a good sport, but am mostly just going through the motions in that area :( 

Also, my bathroom habits have been SO different this time around. I never had any - ahem, delays - due to progesterone levels with DD1, but OMG, I'm having to keep my fiber intake SO high this time around or else a week will go by and I realize I've not gone #2 ... and then it's a struggle to get that situation "current" and then it happens again like 2 weeks later. And then it seems like once or twice a week, my pee goes back to having that weird "hormonal" smell like it did during early-/mid-1st trimester. I have an OB appt at the end of the week, I might have them do some estrogen/progesterone pulls to see if anything's outta whack. It's just the strangest thing and I don't like "having to think" about my bathroom breaks since I'm trying to keep DD1 on her own routine so she's potty trained before this one arrives. :| 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    So yesterday, out of absolutely nowhere, I start to feel nauseated.  I decided after a few minutes of feeling sick to leave work a little early and try to relax at home.  The minute I get in the car, I proceed to vomit EVERYWHERE. I had a few items of clothing in the car to try and clean it up, but I basically drove home with puke all over my car.  It was super not cool for 18 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Oh no, @peachy0709!! That's awful. I had zero nausea with DD1, but I swear I've had waves of it nearly every week with DD2. It's annoying, since Tri2 is supposed to be the "relief" period of it all.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I'm a FTM, so can't give much insight into later during pregnancy, but missionary is really uncomfortable at the moment.. We've found other positions that take the pressure off, especially if I am on top and don't have any body weight pressure on me from MH. I know that may not be helpful, but didn't know if you had tried it already or not. 

@MamaK225 My urine is also getting that same hormonal smell every now and then, though I've noticed it's been on days when my water intake is probably not where it should be. In terms of getting things moving in the bowel area... does coffee help you? I can do a half cup of coffee (regular or decaffeinated) and am in the bathroom within minutes. 

@peachy0709 Oh no! That is horrible! Hopefully that was a one-time occurrence for you at this point. 

AFM, second trimester gas is the worst. Yesterday I was in Lowe's looking at appliances (our washing machine went out on Sunday, in the middle of my laundry day) and I farted. Thankfully no one was around, but I about had a panic attack because I seriously felt like I was going to shit myself. It also probably smelled like I did...
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I have zero desire. I though my libido would pick up with my energy, but no such luck yet (20 weeks). It doesn’t help that last time we tried it was a total disaster where I couldn’t get comfortable and ended up crying because “it didn’t work”.... 
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    @lilmamabebe3 try different positions and you might find it more comfortable. 

@peachy0709 sorry you got sick! I bought barf bags on Amazon for my car and they have saved me at least four times. It seemed like a silly purchase but boy was I glad to have them. There's not always time to pull over, although I've barfed in more parking lots than I care to name. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We have tried lots of different ways. It's just super painful. H is awesome though and is never a douche about it. He felt so bad. I love that I can feel the baby move daily now, but damn I fucking hate pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @ElcaB - That's a fabulous idea! If I had any actual vomiting I would've been stockpiling, too.

@oklahomak - Good suggestion, but it does nothing for me. I only drink coffee for the warmth (I don't necessarily need the caffeine, though my first cup is caffeinated - the rest are decaf). I have had some luck with these Protein bars (that are also high-ish in fiber), which makes me think it's food-related. And, TBH, my food intake has been really inconsistent the last couple of weeks ... so that could very well be it. Not enough "quantity" to force things through the system as regularly as possible. If I find my answer, I will totally share - in case someone else is having a similar issue. Pregnancy is full of some weird shit. Figuratively and literally ;)

I've always found girl-on-top, reverse cowgirl, and "doggy" seem to be easiest in 2nd trimester, as baby begins to weigh more, belly gets bigger, and it's harder to lay flat on your back. 3rd trimester is kind of a crap shoot, but definitely both laying on your sides in a sort of "spoon" position with a pillow to support your belly seemed to work without too much cervix irritation or core muscle strain. 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 totally with you on the backed up front. It was never this bad with my other pregnancies. I eat fiber balls and prunes and drink like a fish every day and its still not enough. Miralax helps, I just have to remember to take it.
    @peachy0709 oh goodness, that is an awful afternoon. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 - I forgot to say: I made those fiber balls and they've been a lifesaver. Thank you! :) #infiberwetrust
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 I'm so glad you like them. They are super tasty, I just have to keep myself from eating a fist-full of them!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    My hemorrhoids are rearing their ugly head and just in time for the AS with a full bladder.  My favorite. I'm bringing extra pants because I might have a problem.
  • Options
    +1 for very low drive, but I think the nausea and stress are still conspiring against me. 

@peachy0709 I'm so sorry about your car! I too have barf bags in mine because I've car puked many a time this pregnancy.  :|
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Holy moly the boob sweat! And it’s not even “hot” here yet... not like it will be In a few months. And the under-boob-breakouts from the sweat+friction. I’m going braless as much as possible at home, but I don’t think it would be appropriate at the office 😬😒.