TTC December 2016
BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
TTC January 2019
BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19

Re: Group 4 Check-in Nov 25-30, w/o 3/25

• Options

Hi, everyone! We are the LATE group! I wonder how many of us will have Thanksgiving babies :) My name is Nancy, btw! So excited to meet everyone.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 29th, only 4 weeks and 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): a Waterbear (lol, what?)

Upcoming Appointments: I go to the doctor around 9 weeks, on April 25th. That day could NOT come soon enough!

How are you feeling?: Excellent. Obviously tons of fears and anxiety, but physically my only symptom is being tired… and that’s not abnormal for me.

Rants/Raves: Rave—I work at a university, and the students are on Spring break, so I have actual time to myself at work this week!

Questions: None yet!

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? Funny story… I haven’t told him. I am waiting as long as I can. He agreed to a third baby, but he was REALLY looking forward to the “trying” part. I’m going to let him “try” for another month and then tell him I’ve known for a while but wanted him to have another fun week. He says when we are TTC it is the only time I want sex as much as he does lol. I can’t believe it was only one month!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    darmargrayohdarmargrayoh member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/27/19 - I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant! 

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed 

Upcoming Appointments: April 12 with OB nurse and April 19 with OB doctor and ultrasound! 

How are you feeling?: I am super tired but so grateful and excited! I'm less anxious than I was.

Rants/Raves: Raves! Right now I just feel so blessed! 

Questions: I am really just wondering who else is getting the blood test around 10 weeks that tells you the sex of the baby? We definitely want to do the test. We are both planners! 

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? I literally was hovering behind him like a creep as he was peeing at 5:45 am and then told him I took two pregnancy tests and they were positive. 🙂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD November 28/ 5 weeks + 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: Getting scheduled. Looking at the week before Easter. 

How are you feeling?: ugh. Bad day to ask. Nauseous, achey legs, exhausted, sore boobs...

Rants/Raves: my teaching partner brought me crackers today to ease my stomach! 

Questions: none so far

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? He actually got upstairs right as the timer went off to check the tests... so I just told him to come into the bathroom. He was so excited! Telling the families has been way more fun! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: If I go by LMP (like my clinic) 11/27 which makes me 4w 5d. If I go by ovulation I think I'm only 4 weeks today, which would put my EDD as Dec 2.

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: not until May 3rd, which feels like forever away

How are you feeling?: pretty good so far, I was feeling extra tired before my bfp and still feel tired, a little nauseated when I get hungry, but I think it's in my head hahaha 

Rants/Raves: it was a very Monday-y Monday. I forgot to bring my computer to work :weary:  so I had to go home and get it. On the way back I got stuck in standstill traffic because of a police chase. I accidentally hung up in the middle of a conference call. Its going to be an early to bed night.

Questions: not right now

GKTY: How did you tell your SO?  He was with for all the testing,  except the last digital which I texted him I was going to take and then sent a pic of "pregnant". Not very exciting, lol
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I can't believe you haven't told your H! It's hard for me to even keep it secret from my parents and inlaws! Also i feel you on the fears and anxiety. This time seems worse than with DS.

@darmargrayoh we will probably wait until the 20 week anatomy scan to find out the sex. I still had plenty of time to plan last time and I like the mystery for awhile. 

@ejoseph16 how have you told your families? I'm trying to think of a creative, fun way, but haven't decided on anything yet. 

TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I am Analiese from NJ!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 11/28

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy Seed!

Upcoming Appointments: April 19 will be my first appointment! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, tired today but first day back to work after being off all last week

Rants/Raves: Rant- my 18 month old is teething right now :( 
                          Rave- at least he went to bed early tonight and mamma gets to rest :)

Questions: none right now

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? I was telling him for like a week before I felt like I might be pregnant and he thought I was crazy..The morning I took the test I took a picture and went back into bed where he was holding our son and showed them both, he was very excited!

@darmargrayoh - I did take the 10 week test with my first, but not for the gender. I actually didn't know the sex of my first until his birthday! It is very easy just a finger pick and they fill a little card with some drops of blood. I got a call 2 days later asking if I wanted to know the gender and I just said no. I will say though that my sister is a genetic counselor and that's why I took the test because she said it would be good to know about some of the possible genetic conditions- but also the test will reveal information about many genetic conditions and if anything is positive you will be then asked if you want to do further testing like an amnio, etc. Just something to be prepared for..some people want to know all that and some don't, personal choice.  Also the test may not be covered by insurance, if you haven't looked that up you might want to. My cousin wanted to take the test to find out gender but her insurance didn't cover it and it was several thousand dollars so she decided to just save the money and wait until 20 week anatomy scan. My insurance did cover it in full. 

Any other questions I would be happy to help if I can! This will be my second, and my first wasn't too long ago! So happy to meet all you ladies! 

• Options
    ejoseph16ejoseph16 member
    edited March 2019
    @millpe it was different for both. I’m the last to have kids in my family, my siblings both are done. The youngest will be 14 months when our bean is born. So we just told them at dinner as a “hey guess what?”

For my husbands family, this is their first grand baby. So we told his parents first st dinner the other night. His mom actually has been after us for a long time now (she actually upgraded to a minivan a few months ago “for the grandkids”). She brought up “one day when we have grandkids” at dinner, and I was like “are you ready for that?” Her eyes got huge, she knew as soon as I asked. We just told his brother in a similar way tonight. 

The sweetest was my 2 1/2 year old nephew whom I have a special bond with. He was sitting on the couch with me and I asked him if he heard what we told everyone. He said “you have a baby in your belly? Hi baby! I’m Kellan!” It was so sweet! In my hormonal state I bawled my eyes out! 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 that's so sweet with your nephew! We havent even fully decided when we want to tell our families yet. We were thinking after our first appointment, but it's so late! 

Speaking of appointments, I'm debating if I should call and switch my appointment to earlier. I try to schedule all of my appointments on Fridays when I'm off and H is off so we dont miss work and that's the earliest date available after I hit 8 weeks. But I could get in 2 weeks earlier if I'm flexible.. 

I'm also having some anxiety tonight. I wish I had tested more, but I dont even really know if that would've helped. I think I'm just in shock it happened so fast this time. I had 2 very faint positive FRERs last week Thursday and Friday and then I took a digital on Saturday afternoon and it was negative. And then took one again Sunday morning and it was positive. I wish I would have picked up more FRERs so I could see some darker lines... does that make me crazy? 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @millpe I’m having the same issue. I’m finding it hard to believe. I considered taking another test tonight, but MH talked me out of it. A good reminder that no AF at this point confirms it. lol 
  • Options
    millpemillpe member
    edited March 2019
    @ejoseph16 if I had tests, I would definitely be taking them, but I just cant get myself to buy more! 

ETA - is anyone else feeling so behind being at the end of the month?? I dont feel "pregnant enough" haha
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  My EDD is 11/30, but my cycle isn't regular so we'll see what Dr thinks. I am currently 4+4

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: I have a blood draw tomorrow and hopefully they'll schedule an appointment from there.

How are you feeling?: I am nauseated, sweaty, and peeing constantly. This seems to be the toughest start I've had in any pregnancy  :(

Rants/Raves:  Rant- My 6yo has a broken foot and was jumping on the trampoline today... talk about mom fail.  Rave - I was able to go for girls night tonight and didnt have to cook dinner!

Questions: Any one having a repeat c/s? This will be #3 for me and I'm stressing a bit.

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? - I haven't :neutral:  *TW - In June I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks - end TW* I'm waiting for the counts first.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/28 (4 weeks 5 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed! 

Upcoming Appointments: April 5th seeing my GP

How are you feeling?: Super tired!! And hungry!! 

Rants/Raves: My 3 year old had a dream about a month ago that there was a forrest in her closet, and in the forrest was her family (mom, dad, her, the dogs and a baby sister). I didn't think anything of it! But now I'm realizing that she knew before me! RAVE. She's been super proud.

Questions: none yet.

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? I bought my daughter a "best sister in the universe" shirt, and put it on her in the morning before daycare and had her show Daddy! It was so cute. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/28/2019, 4 weeks, 5 days

Upcoming Appointments: scheduled for 4/16 and it can’t come soon enough! 

How are you feeling?: meh. Lots of headaches and exhaustion. Teaching kindergarten isn’t helping so I’m thankful for spring break right now! 

Rants/Raves: rants: my husband just keeps asking why I’m so tired, race: it’s spring break so I can nap all I want. 

Questions: nothing yet 

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? He told me to take a test because I was cranky more than usual. So he knew something was up! 
  • Options
    @millpe yep. Had 3 left in our cabinet. Took all 3 this morning. All. 3. And I’m not even sorry about it. It cleared my mind of worry, so it was worth it! I definitely hear you on the “not feeling pregnant enough”. I had a little nausea yesterday, but after some crackers I was fine! Today has been back to normal. I feel pregnant sometimes, but mostly when I lose my shit completely on a student for something silly. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
      Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/28/19 

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed lol

Upcoming Appointments: 3/30/19 ultrasound (IVF baby)

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling excited and nervous all at the same time. Oh and stressed out haha I guess those are all normals feelings to have.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? Well he received the phone call from our Dr so he knew before me haha
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 26 4+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Sesame Seed

Upcoming Appointments: First midwife meeting today. She said to come back in 8 weeks.

How are you feeling?: Today I cried for the first time over something not that serious. Mood swings have been strange. So breast and bloating. 

Rants/Raves: Super happy to meet my midwife today. Glad she thinks I'm having a healthy pregyand dont need to be seen until second trimester.

Questions: What was your midwife birth center birth like, any advice?

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? We have been trying for 7 months. I've taken about 4 tests in that time. This time I thought it would be another BFN but it was a BFP! Hubby was home and I called him into the bathroom and showed him my pee stick. We were both in shock after trying for as long as we had. Very surreal for both of us.
  • Options

@darmargrayoh  We did that test last time with DS. This time I am doing it for genetic disorders but leaving out the part about the sex. I am going to TRY to stay team green. But it was so cool knowing before 11 weeks the sex of the baby last time! I loved it!

@ejoseph16  Oh no, nausea already? I can’t remember when mine started with either, but once it starts for me, it stays. Hoping I can manage another week without it as we are out of town next week! Hope you feel better!

@millpe  I HATE waiting for the first appointment! I love the appointments, but that first one always feels SO far away. And I test like crazy. No joke 20 tests at least by the time I’m done. So if you are crazy, I’m just on another planet! Just an FYI you reach a point where they get lighter (after 5 weeks I think), called the “hook effect.” Google it if you dare test that late lol (I did). Then you dilute your urine and it gets stronger haha.

*TW*

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    EDD-11/30 4 weeks and 4 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments:
    8 week appointment 4/22

How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good! Very sorry boobs! Nausea comes and goes. Otherwise just tired but I'm always sleepy
    Rants/Raves: 
    Had horrific back pain over the weekend but thank God it went away.

Questions: 
    None right now.

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? 
    I brought the test down after taking one on a hunch at 9DPO. We have been trying for 6 months following a CP last year. So I said "We did it!" He took the test and started shaking it. I said "Babe, it's not an etch a sketch. Shaking it won't make the line go away." 😂🤣
  • Options
    Sore boobs. My boobs aren't sorry...not yet anyway. 
  • Options
    @kstapes24 Aww that's so cute how DH responded!
    *TW*

• Options
    Ladies I am so excited! My OB office called today to schedule my first 2 appointments! I can’t wait! Counting down the days! 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I never did take any more tests, because I didnt want to go out and buy any! 

@ejoseph16 when are they scheduled for?

I think my only symptom is exhaustion! I went to bed at 7:30 last night!! I can't even believe it! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @millpe my first one with the nurse is April 18, and they scheduled me with my OB on April 30. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Anyone
  • Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 27 / 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Upcoming Appointments: Monday April 1 - seems really early so I’m not too sure what will happen or what we’ll get to see:)

How are you feeling?: overall pretty great to the point that I am still constantly checking to see if I got my period. 

Rants/Raves: it took us 7 months so we are so so so excited :)

Questions: none for now!

GKTY: How did you tell your SO? I thought I had gotten my period on a Thursday night and the next day there was nothing... so Friday when going to bed I started to wonder if it may have been implantation bleeding. I woke up at 2:30am and decided to take a test - and I could see a faint positive!!! I woke up my husband to tell him the news - he was ecstatic despite being groggy:) he went right back to sleep but I probably stayed awake until 6!🤦‍♀️