October 2019 Moms

NT/NIPT Discussion Thread

Re: NT/NIPT Discussion Thread

• @jenferlee82 why does it take so long πŸ˜­πŸ˜…
  • @nnaelilak Seriously!!! πŸ˜‚
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there any way to keep the sex hidden when you get your NIPT results back? Like if we want to check the genetics results but find out the sex later with family? I’m curious because it comes via email.Β 

@cmbt2 have you always gotten them to reduce the price after calling? I’m also a TTM with no prior complications, under 35. I’ve never done any genetic testing and we are feeling like we really want to this time after a few friends have gone through really tragic things.Β 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Is there any way to keep the sex hidden when you get your NIPT results back? Like if we want to check the genetics results but find out the sex later with family? I’m curious because it comes via email.Β 

@cmbt2 have you always gotten them to reduce the price after calling? I’m also a TTM with no prior complications, under 35. I’ve never done any genetic testing and we are feeling like we really want to this time after a few friends have gone through really tragic things.Β 
    Yes. For panorama specially, they cannot bill you the full amount if you β€œprompt pay” (so call within 2-3 weeks within receiving said bill).Β 

My results last time were shown as a general β€œlow risk” and I had to click β€œopen report” (or some variation of it) to see the sex and actual breakdowns
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14): Β Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @PenelopeSnuz77, it probably depends on the brand of NIPT test, but mine was fairly simple to choose to not see the sex, if wanted. It was an additional click. "Click here to view your results" (read your risk level results) then "click here to see the sex of the baby."
  • Is there any way to keep the sex hidden when you get your NIPT results back? Like if we want to check the genetics results but find out the sex later with family? I’m curious because it comes via email.Β 
    Maybe ask a close friend or family to check first? I know with DS I thought I would be able to get to the results and then grab DH to look together, but the second I hit the pdf it was all MALE in big bold at the top lol
  • @nnaelilak & @jenferlee82 I’ll be thinking of you both during your wait! Β 
  • @elle-0409 Yay!! Congrats on low risk! And holy smokes you have some major willpower. I don't think I'd be able to wait!!
  • @jenferlee82 Oh my gosh, she was like, "I can tell you right now if you'd like." Well, of *course* I'd like that! But I know it will be much more special to find out together. Plus, I channeled @galentine 's willpower because she was able to wait as well.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @emily1052 Oh, if my husband were out of town forget about it. There's no way that I could wait! Now I'm just going to be side-eyeing that envelope all day. Good thing today is a busy day!

TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409, YAY! Congratulations on low risk, that is such a relief. Also congrats on the super human willpower, I'm glad I could provide some inspiration!! Can't wait for your update later in the sex thread! πŸ’–πŸ’™
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I’m gonna need Natera to get moving and get my test kit logged... it’s been 72 hours (but also the weekend)!
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
  • Yay!! Β So happy for you and your family Β @cooaladolly and congratulations on the baby girl!!Β 
  • Awww thank you so much @emily1052!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +Β  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
    Β  Β  Β BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolly I'm so excited for you πŸ’• I haven't heard anything yet, but I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow!!Β 
  • @cooaladolly so happy for you! Β What a relief to be in the clear with results. Β My NIPT test is on Wednesday and cannot come soon enough!
  • cooaladollycooaladolly member
    edited March 2019
    @nnaelilak and @jane101757 thank you so much ladies! I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your results come in today @nnaelilak and hopefully just as quick a turnaround for you @Jane101757. I couldn't believe mine were in so fast!
    Β  Β  Β BabyGaga
  • This wait for results is just brutal. They finally acknowledged receipt of my test on the website, but it also says it will be two weeks for results! I honestly wasn't feeling anxious about this testing before, but the anxiety is in full force now. Ugh. How did you ladies get through the wait without losing your minds??
  • @cmbt2 Thanks, you're absolutely right. Of course that's a lot easier said than done!
  • This wait for results is just brutal. They finally acknowledged receipt of my test on the website, but it also says it will be two weeks for results! I honestly wasn't feeling anxious about this testing before, but the anxiety is in full force now. Ugh. How did you ladies get through the wait without losing your minds??
    It’s wasn’t easy! Β That’s for sure. Β I did try and destract myself as much as possible. Β I also allowed myself 30 minutes a day to worry and google. Β After that I made myself do something else. Β I think it helped to let myself do that in a designated time frame and then move on as much as I could. Β 
  • emily1052 said:
    This wait for results is just brutal. They finally acknowledged receipt of my test on the website, but it also says it will be two weeks for results! I honestly wasn't feeling anxious about this testing before, but the anxiety is in full force now. Ugh. How did you ladies get through the wait without losing your minds??
    It’s wasn’t easy! Β That’s for sure. Β I did try and destract myself as much as possible. Β I also allowed myself 30 minutes a day to worry and google. Β After that I made myself do something else. Β I think it helped to let myself do that in a designated time frame and then move on as much as I could. Β 
    That's a great suggestion, thank you!
  • We did progenity and it took a week and half to get our results and everything came back low risk.Β 
    Me: 35 Β  Β  Β Hubs: 27
    Married: 07/04/13
    BFP #1: 8/14/14, Baby Girl born 4/16/15
    BFP #2: 6/21/16, Baby Girl born 2/11/17
    BFP #3: 1/26/19, EDD 10/8/19
    Fur Babies: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Piper and Mia)
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @geminigirl16 I agree completely. Do all the testing! Get all the peace of mind! :) I’m doing the same thing. This time we’re doing NIPT in addition to chorionic villus sampling . The CVS is to test for CHARGE syndrome. Our first baby had CHARGE. And unfortunately, NIPT doesn’t screen for CHARGE.

I’m trying to understand your doctor’s recommendations... NIPT (non invasive prenatal testing) is a blood screen. What kind of blood test is she scheduling in addition to that?
    @p@PleaseSendPicklesNow have you heard of this NIPT? Β (Vistara) It tests for CHARGE!Β https://www.natera.com/vistara/conditions
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
  • Vent: I'm beyond annoyed right now. I had my blood drawn for my nipt last Tuesday and they told me hopefully Tuesday, but no later than Thursday for my results! I've been super patient all week (well, I haven't called them non stop anyway!) and I call this morning to see at what point I can get them today (for some reason they can't email them and I have to physically pick them up) and she let's me know there was a hiccup because of my insurance info and she's fixed it but it'll take an hour to update. So I start heading over there and she calls me back 10 minutes later and says she misunderstood the harmony rep and that it takes an hour to fix, but the actual report won't generate for another 24-48 hours. Like why the eff does it take that long if they've already done the labs?! I have already been so stressed, both about the health and sex of this baby and now I may have to wait until Monday to find out. I'm really hoping they come in tomorrow, but I just wanna cry and/or go sit in a dark room and nap away the next 24-48 hours 😭😭 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    nnaelilak said:
    Vent: I'm beyond annoyed right now. I had my blood drawn for my nipt last Tuesday and they told me hopefully Tuesday, but no later than Thursday for my results! I've been super patient all week (well, I haven't called them non stop anyway!) and I call this morning to see at what point I can get them today (for some reason they can't email them and I have to physically pick them up) and she let's me know there was a hiccup because of my insurance info and she's fixed it but it'll take an hour to update. So I start heading over there and she calls me back 10 minutes later and says she misunderstood the harmony rep and that it takes an hour to fix, but the actual report won't generate for another 24-48 hours. Like why the eff does it take that long if they've already done the labs?! I have already been so stressed, both about the health and sex of this baby and now I may have to wait until Monday to find out. I'm really hoping they come in tomorrow, but I just wanna cry and/or go sit in a dark room and nap away the next 24-48 hours 😭😭 
    I’m sorry; they should have called if there was an insurance issue

As for the report, even though the labs have been run, the results and report need to be countersigned by multiple people. That’s what takes so long, not the report generation itself
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
    ~~~ Β ~~~ Β ~~~
  • @cmbt2 makes sense... They didn't realize there was an issue until I called... Which only made me more upset for being so patient. I probably would already have my results if I would have just called to check in earlier this week πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈΒ 
  • @nnaelilak Oh, no!! That is so frustrating. I'm so sorry, but hope that you will get the results tomorrow. <3
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• @nnaelilak I’m sorry you’re having to deal with ALL of that! Β Hope you get your results today!!Β 
  • @nnaelilak wow how disappointing. Try to distract yourself until they come out (I know easier said than done)
  • @nnaelilak nooooo! How frustrating! I'm so sorry it's been such a run around. Any chance you were able to get them today? As @cmbt2 said earlier, there's so much of this waiting around, it does sometimes seem to me like it's one head game after another. Hopefully you're head is in a good space right now, and fingers crossed results are in before the weekend.
    Β  Β  Β BabyGaga
  • Had the NT scan this afternoon and everything is looking good! Baby was moving a lot and had a good heartbeat (161) and all of the markers they checked for were normal. Such a relief! We also met with the genetic counselor and did our blood draw for NIPT. Should have results in about 10 days.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 -Β 

Β  Β  Β BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

Β  Β  Β CP July '17

Β  Β  Β Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

Β  Β  Β CP June '18

Β  Β  Β BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Still no news 😭 I'm not setting myself up for disappointment and hoping for anything tomorrow, I guess I'll be finding out on Monday... I plan to call them first thing in the morning, or maybe I'll just show up and be at the door when they unlock it for the day πŸ˜‚Β