Trouble TTC
Options

TTC Check-in: 03/25/2019

Hello ladies! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What is your current cell phone wallpaper? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IUI.
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: irregular cycles and low morph RX: Letrozole 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: Clomid, trigger, and ti 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: retesting before appointment 

@lg1218

@emily1052 - 

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@raeleemoses - 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?          

Re: TTC Check-in: 03/25/2019

• Options
    QOTW: What is your current cell phone wallpaper?
    Right now mine is one of those preloaded wallpapers of a trail in a forest scene.

AFM, nothing exciting to report except that I just started up the OPKs this weekend and BOOM it was positive this morning. It wasn't even close yesterday. So we're gonna be HIO for the next 3 days or so. Even weirder that FF gave me CHs for tomorrow. How does this even happen when I have only 3 temps in my chart and no temp jump?? I'm enjoying this oddball event today.

*TW* I met my niece yesterday who was born on Thursday. She did nothing but sleep haha *end TW*
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - take the weirdness and run with it! It’s odd how sometimes our bodies just do random stuff around ovulation! *TW* How are you doing after meeting your neice for the first time? I can imagine it must have still been hard even when it’s your sister. *end TW*

AFM: AF showed up today. I was expecting it to arrive yesterday after the familiar cramping and I haven’t had much hope for Letrozole the last couple of rounds, but I still had a bit of a hard evening yesterday. I think the realization that DH and I may never have a baby the “old fashioned way” kind of hit me and bothered me more than I thought it would. We’re deciding to “celebrate” being done the Letrozole rounds and moving onto IUI with pizza and wine on Friday night (never thought I would be celebrating the idea of moving onto a different fertility treatment *eye roll*) 

This is kind of a random question, but do any of you ladies have an “infertility playlist?” I periodically journal about my TTC journey and decided to make a playlist with music to listen to while I journal. Songs with lyrics that inspire me or some that are just kind of sad (because sometimes I just want to be miserable about IF). Thought I would ask if there was any piece of music/song that speaks to you about your IF journey? 

QOTW: a pink and grey marble background (I love marble!) lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sincethelastday it was good! 100% confirmed how much I'm ready to be a mom. It hurt a little to wish it was my own, but I like to look forward in this process. That someday it will be me with my own kid. Although the weird gushiness from my parents could go... But I have a somewhat awkward relationship with my parents.

GL moving on to IUI!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Sounds like you had exactly the same experience as I did last cycle with the OPKs! Weird, isn’t it? I always wonder if there’s something that triggered it, but although I’m sure stress or disturbed sleep delays O for me, early O is much less common. I’m glad that the experience of meeting your niece was a good one after all. I have the same bittersweet experience with friends’ babies. Nothing can take away the joy of holding them and interacting with them in the moment, but afterwards it can be hard to deal with the emotional impact...

@sincethelastday Aww, really feel for you for the hard evening and the grief about the ‘old fashioned way’. Sending big hugs :-) I’ve been there so many times. Not that many people seem to get it as even my best and most empathetic friends seem to want to move on quickly to the ‘but there’s always IVF’ part of the conversation and be upbeat about that. Going to the clinic last week actually made me feel as though I was even further from seeing myself going through IVF (reminding me I would be under GA for egg retrieval didn’t help). I will still choose it if and when we reach that point of the journey, but I’m not at all ready for it yet. (DH will be up for it if I am...) IUI seems a bit less of a hurdle. I’m glad that you’ve turned that emotion on its head and made a pizza celebration out of it  :-)

Re the playlist, I’m afraid I don’t really have any and would be a bit stuck coming up for something specifically related to fertility. I mostly listen to classical music which doesn’t lend itself to playlists as each piece can last a long time! Loosely related, but I quite like the fertility meditations on the Glow app. I did a trial of the Premium membership and cheated by recording each meditation on my work phone while I listened to it. I knew I wasn’t interested in the other benefits of the membership so it was the only way of being able to continue to access the meditations!

Based on your recommendation I did download Simple Habit and am just trialling the full membership. I’m not sure what if anything you can access without paying for that. I’m on quite a budget at the moment so reluctant to add anything to my monthly outgoings. Do you pay for the full thing and do you think it’s worth it? (I haven’t yet noticed any fertility stuff on there but haven’t really looked.)

On another self development note, has anyone come across Brooke Castillo and the Life Coach School podcast? Not at all fertility related, but general life coaching advice which I have found really inspiring and motivating since I discovered it last year. It’s had quite a big impact on how I think about my emotions and deal with lots of stuff, big and small.

AFM, expecting to get a positive OPK tomorrow so will soon be in the 2WW again. Not much else to report...

QOTW: I had to look to check! It’s the default greeny blue waves on the iPhone. Because of all the app icons you can’t see much behind so can’t really be bothered to personalise it and anyway I like the colour!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - also glad to hear it wasn’t too hard seeing your niece. I’m with @cigaline in that I enjoy spending time with friends’ babies in the moment and holding and cuddling them, but it’s when the visit is over when the reality of our situation hits. 

@cigaline - yeah, I also get comments like that from friends like, “what about adoption?” “IVF should work.” I know it’s well meaning, but unless you walk the IF path, I think it’s hard for people to understand all the little grievings that you go through during each step of the journey. I actually think more now that I will be reaching IVF, though I’m still hopeful with IUI working. I honestly don’t know if I would pursue adoption if all treatments failed. The process of adoption just sounds so overwhelming and such a long proces! After going through IF treatments, I don’t know if I could go down another long, emotionally and financially draining process to have a child. Only time will tell! 

Yeah, those really long classical pieces probably wouldn’t work as well with a standard playlist, but there’s a couple of instrumental pieces that I have on this specific playlist just to set a reflective mood. I honestly don’t know if there are any songs out there that were specifically written regarding fertility, but I’ve kinda adapted some songs to be about fertility for me (eg. “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten). 

I don’t have a membership with Simple Habit. I’ve just been listening to the meditations that don’t require a paid membership (there aren’t a ton, but enough to make a small playlist). I’ve been going back and forth for awhile now on getting a membership, if only to encourage me to use the app more. The main reason I use it is for sleep meditations. For several months now, I periodically have been waking up in the night with really bad nausea which I know is anxiety. I have found listening to the free sleep mediations have really helped me calm back down and go back to sleep. I have though been thinking more about getting more into meditating just to help reduce anxiety (especially with getting further into IF treatments), so I may bite the bullet and get a membership or at least do the trial run. 

Thanks for the recommendation of the podcast! I never listen to podcasts, but I know there are some great ones out there! That one sounds like a good place to start! 

Good luck with the TWW! It would be wonderful if this could be it for you and you wouldn’t have to move onto IUI. FX! 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday with MH having all these doubts about us having kids I've had the "would we want to adopt if it got to that point?" thought cross my mind a few times and I can't imagine what making that decision is like. Would I be able to care for and love a child that isn't my own or biologically related to me? I was never a babysitting and always felt awkward having to watch people's kids, even for a few minutes.

Thankfully I have no reason to believe that once we get pregnant it will be hard staying pregnant. I think either our timing window is just super slim for conceiving naturally or maybe there is something that makes fertilizing hard for us. Looking back, DH never took a multivitamin the entire time we were trying to conceive naturally and I will always wonder if our problem was that his sperm wasn't robust enough to last long and be able to fertilized. The other thing could be that during one of my IUIs they determined that my cervix goes towards my back and curves to the right so maybe that just makes it even more difficult for sperm to reach it's target.

The one thing that I look forward to if IVF works is that future babies will be done by FET (assuming we have embryos to freeze) when we're ready so the TTC part will be a much faster process/hopefully almost non-existent.

Some of this may all be wishful thinking, but I'd rather think about the best outcomes than dwelling on the worse outcomes.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - I feel very the same way about the adoption question. I just don’t know if I would be able to love that child as much as a biological one. I know obviously many couples do, but at this point in the game I just struggle to imagine it. I think I would personally have to do a lot of grieving over the fact that I could not have a biological child before even considering adoption. I also really want to experience pregnancy. I know it’s not all sunshine and roses, but the idea of feeling your baby kick and just carrying a child is something I just so, so want to experience. 

I think your way of thinking makes a lot of sense about IVF. I’m so hopeful that this will work for you!!