August 2019 Moms

Why my Pregnant Self is Crying w/o 3/22/19

Why are you crying this week?

Re: Why my Pregnant Self is Crying w/o 3/22/19

• So every time my dad gets involved with a new woman my kids and I become second class citizens. It’s happened enough that I shouldn’t be surprised, but in light of the baby on the way, it just hit me extra hard today. We have no other family in town to help with the older kids when the baby comes, and few friends we would ask to watch our kids overnight. I feel like it’s all on me to preserve the relationship.

Then, on top of all that emotional jazz, DH suggests we fly his mother in to “help” for a few weeks when the baby comes. So then I stopped crying long enough to see red... this is my MIL that NEVER helped with our kids when she lived her although DH did everything for her... (she doesn’t work or drive) and he thinks she would actually help with the baby?!?!? I was actually surprised at how nicely I dismissed that issue. God help him if he brings it up again. Sorry, half b-fest, half why I’m crying. I think I feel better now. 

On a positive note, my A/S scan is Monday and I just found out I have the whole day off, so DH and I can have a nice lunch and go shopping after. Man these hormones. I feel like a loopy-loop roller coaster. 
  • aecmaecm member
    I’m near-crying trying to figure out when and how to potty train DD. It needs to happen soon - she def. seems ready - but our schedule just fills up so quick that it’s almost impossible to find a good time. I was originally planning for early May...but I think I’m going to move it up and start next weekend. I need to stop thinking about it and just do it.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Today I started crying because I feel...so lucky.

Last night, while DH was kissing baby goodnight, I noticed my bump was lopsided. Like my bump had a little bump. And it was firm. Our only guess is that it was baby pushing against the front of my uterus. Even though it seems super early for that. So I was really excited. (so excited that I squeeled, and my dog panicked and jumped on to the bed, freaking out trying to protect me...)

Anyway, this morning I was thinking about it. And how for the past 12 years, (since the docs told me I'm infertile)  I never thought I would actually get to have these experiences. (And being a mom is something I've wanted more than anything in my life).

So anyway, que the water works, because I feel so lucky to be pregnant.

(DH hugged me and asked: are you ACTUALLY crying happy tears right now..?)
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited March 2019
    I finally have something to contribute to this.  I had my first full pregnancy meltdown today.

1. Forgot to marinate the chicken last night so was late to work prepping the chicken this morning
    2. Forgot to change DD's diaper before dropping her off at daycare
    3. Ordered gifts for a 1-year birthday party we are going to.  Realized today it won't arrive in time because I forgot to select free 2-day shipping.
    4. Went to OB appointment.  Realized she doesn't take my new insurance so no appointment and have to find new OB.
    All before 10 am.  Cue ugly crying in my car while I'm on the phone with DH.
  • There is a story to this, but ultimately, I haven't slept in 2 days and I'm so tired I'm crying. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker