August 2019 Moms

Re: Monday B*fest 3/25

• mrosek91mrosek91 member
    edited March 2019
    I leave work at 2 on Fridays (I work a little extra the rest of the week to be able to do that) I have been doing this for over 3 years, all my bosses know about it. But one of my bosses sent out a meeting invite at 2:05 that we would have a conference call at 9 am on Monday, and did not text me to let me know. I usually get to work at 9, so until my computer boots, and my email loads, it's a little later. "Luckily" I needed to look something up on Sunday, and checked my work email, not a typical occurrence. So after rushing around like crazy this morning and somehow managing to get my 3 year old out early I get to work at 8:50. Only to join the conference call at 9 on the dot, and notice that the 2 bosses who are supposed to be on it, one is "away" and the other is "offline" on our chat system. At 9:07, one lets me know via chat that the other is running late, and they will let me know when they are ready.

Edited to say the meeting finally started at 9:45!!!
  • @mrosek91 - Not. Even. Cool. I hate when people schedule first-thing calls/meetings on Mondays. Pretty sure most of the world doesn't function that well, that early.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • @mrosek91 This happens to me a lot and it infuriates me. I can admit to being a few minutes late to things here or there, but if my bosses tell me a meeting starts at 9, I do everything I can to be present. Its so disrespectful when they show up late and waste my time. 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    There was a lunch meeting today at a really good BBQ joint but I opted out because the staff was taking the bus there and I was worried about having to pee every five minutes. 
  • @EmilyA724 - Hugs girl, big, big, BIG hugs <3  
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• mkrelmkrel member
    @EmilyA724 I'm sorry. That would really hurt my feelings too.  It sounds like he could use a reminder about postpartum hormones as well as how difficult it can be adjusting when baby is born.  I am the type that likes to write out my feelings if we have an unresolved argument like that.  It helps me organize my thoughts and gives me a chance to "say" everything I need to say without him interrupting.  I hope you can get through to him that you don't need any expectations placed on you (good or bad) for this baby's arrival.  
  • Thanks, everyone!

@olivemomma My mom is planning to come help once DH returns back to work. One of the biggest issues is that he works from home so once he returns to work, he just observes everything without really being part of it during the day, which makes for a tough dynamic. 

@mkrel That's a really good idea. That's how we tend to resolve our serious arguments too because it gives both an opportunity to really say their piece, and really think about how and what you say, without the other interrupting. I'll probably do that.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mkrel - Maybe I should start using your method. Good Lord Almighty, that man always interrupts me and I just want to tear his face off.

@EmilyA724 - DH has started dropping similar hints (not complete thoughts, like your DH in this instance) and I have quickly shut him down with The Look to remind him what he is saying and with whom he is talking to when he starts. When you have YOUR body thrown completely out of whack AND have to physically and emotionally recover while dealing with the aftermath of "returning to normal" ... then you get a say, bud. Until then ... mouth. shut. And nothing but "I love you" and "yes, dear." This is why police always question the SO first once they suspect homicide.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @EmilyA724 i'm sorry he made those comments. Adjusting to a new born and all the changes your body goes through is rough and its a tough period for everyone. You can do this! I'm glad your mom can come and help. Another option for help is a post partum doula. They do anything from light house work, cooking, watching the other child, let you get a nap.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Adults that are older than I am but they act like brats when questioned.  I literally asked ONE QUESTION and made no other comment. Their response was absolutely unnecessary and could have been easily answered.  
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited March 2019
    Yesterday, I poured something down the garbage disposal without much thinking. It led to a MASSIVE clog & it spitting out a lot of dirty water all over me. 

Today, I thought I saw an awesome deal on a travel system, so I ordered it. I then realized it was only the car seat, so I requested to cancel. A few hours later, I was still irritated, went back to look again, and I was correct-
    it’s the whole travel system. I cancelled for nothing but still need to wait for it to clear out to order again. 

My credit card card info was stolen & used today for $200 worth of gas station purchases. 
  • My OB office is in a huge building with other departments. It takes at least 20mins to get anyone on the phone. The Dr that I loved last time, was rude and short with me during my last visit. I’ve called 8 times since Thursday  just to get a note stating my due date for work and it keeps getting bounced around. Someone finally calls at 4:30 today and asks to confirm my due date which was wrong. She goes well that’s what we have in the system. I’ve asked them to change it several times now (its been confirmed that the date changed by more then 1 Dr) She goes well I’ll send a message to the last Dr you saw and then get back to you. It’s so ridiculous. I have an appt next week with a different Doctor at this practice but if I don’t like her then I already told hubs that I’m gonna find another place. 
    Has anyone ever done that before? I’ll be 18weeks tomorrow. 
  • @mia8263 - I switched OBs at 17-18 wks with DD1. While you're there next week, I would sign a records release and request the charts/paperwork associated with your visits so far and take them with you. Most OBs are hesitant to take on patients that far in, but if you have proof that you've been under another's care and are unhappy with the care you've received, they tend to be more understanding - you just might have to repeat some bloodwork (unless you can get that info from LabCorp's portal, etc. with the results).
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mrosek91, the worst!!! I hated when people did that to me back when I had a job. Or the worst was scheduling 5 PM meetings (I finished at 4 PM) and then went MIA. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @EmilyA724, I'm sorry about your fight. I would not have been receptive to that either. Sometimes people need to learn how to phrase things differently or not say it at all. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I don't know if this is really a bitch but its something I'm struggling with.  I thought I would ride further into my pregnancy. I feel great, I'd like to ride but I just don't feel like it.  My horse is an extremely gregarious horse. He loves going places and seeing things.  I can tell he is bored to death and lonely.  Hes in a paddock alone, staring at me all day over the fence.  Its just so sad.   I know people say horses don't want to do anything but eat but he really craves attention.  Finding him a leaser is a very long shot in my area but I did reach out to a trusted friend to see if she wanted to ride or use him for lessons at her barn.  I know he would love it. 
  • @agpandme I can relate. I have a super easy going horse, have had him going on 14 yrs so he’s seasoned and I know him well. I have thought  I’d be fine to ride throughout my pregnancy too, and like you I just haven’t had the energy to do it. I’m dying to ride though, especially with the pretty weather. If your friend were to lease him would you still be able to see him and ride when you felt up to it?
  • @emqbee I am sure it wouldn't be a problem to ride at her facility. I could even haul him to shows for her or if one of her girls wanted to show him.  Its about 10 minutes away from my house.  The funny thing is that I have energy, I just don't feel like riding. I can't explain it at all.  Its probably mostly because I can't ride at home.  We haven't cleared enough trees for my arena so I have to haul to the club.  I'm probably whining and maybe the better weather will change my mind.  I'm only 18 weeks. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    edited March 2019
    @agpandme I completely relate. I’ve had days where I totally feel like riding. But then factor in the 25-30 minute drive one way to my parents house where he currently resides and all the people-y interaction that will come with and I lose all interest. If he were at my house, I’m sure I’d be with him and on him much more frequently. I also feel bad because like yours, mine loves his people and enjoys getting out and riding. For me, simple is the way to go and if it’s not simple right now, I’m just not into it. Feel free to whine, I’ve been doing a lot of that lately too! And I tend to whine more when deprived of equine therapy...self inflicted or not! I’m currently 20 wks and have only recently started having days where I feel like me. But definitely not completely. Fingers crossed for both of us to get some ride time in asap! And don’t feel bad, our bodies are going through a lot. Is this your first baby? It is for me, and some
    days I have a hard time with all of this feeling like an out of body experience and just wanting to feel and do the normal things. 

Esited to add: I’m so stoked to have horses in common with someone in this group!! Cheers!
  • Sorry it's not Monday, but come at me, bro. DH is traveling and DD2 developed a croup-y cough overnight and I literally did not sleep a wink.  I'm currently slap-happy, but am going to be in a bad way around 3:00 pm I bet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @agpandme I haven’t ridden since I found out I was pregnant! I just don’t feel 100% comfortable even though my girl is older (24 years old) & I’ve been riding for over 15 years but she is still feisty and I worry about something spooking her and falling 🤷🏻‍♀️ The barn I board at does lessons and I told the owner she could use her for lessons and then I take her out and lunge her and graze her. She seems happy 😀
  • @peachy0709 i hope your able to treat yourself to a wonderful caffeinated Beveridge to keep you going today. I hope DD2 feels better soon
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @emqbee Yes this is my first and will likely be the only! LOL.  I honestly feel great otherwise.  I think with better weather I'll make more of an effort.  I know he wants to go.  I just walked outside and he came running to the gate  :(  

@crossfitmomtobe I can understand that feeling.  I think that is part of why I don't feel like riding.  I know people that rode until they were 8 months pregnant with no issues but that was their risk to take.  I have nothing to prove to anyone, its mostly my horse that I would like to appease.   I wish he was boarded so at least he could see other horses. I have 2 mini mules but they aren't in with him and don't share a fence line.  Our area is pretty rural and limited for options. 
  • I will smack the next person that tells me I'm nesting when all I'm doing is folding laundry and painting door frames that were left unpainted after we remodeled this home 2 years ago.  I'm 18 weeks. give me a couple months before the jokes start. 
  • @jma_18 - Oh no!! I feel so badly for ya, mama. Hopefully, something will turn up soon. That's the worst! :( 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @jma_18 That is awful for everyone involved! I can't imagine an entire day care facility of families all needing emergency care at the same time. Or all of those employees having to find new jobs :/ Fx for a good solution for your family!