Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check in - Week of 3/25

Hey ladies! this is my last week in 2nd tri so hopefully someone will take over next week :smile:

• How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list?
  • Feel free to share a HDBD!!

Mommies to be

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

@autumnlvs 6/29 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team GREEN!

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

@wabash15 8/15 Team GREEN!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! (Not sure if I'm missing anyone)
Me: 33 (no known issues)
DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
TTC since Oct 2013
IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 2nd Trimester check in - Week of 3/25

• How far along? 19+5
    • How are you feeling this week? hanging in there.  a bit of round ligament pain but otherwise doing pretty well
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? DD2 was really sick last week and had to be in the hospital, but thankfully she's better now and back at day care. Some stupid mystery virus was just kicking her little butt. Its so nice to have her goofy smiling face back.
    • Any upcoming appointments? anatomy scan and MFM/MW appointments on friday! I can't wait to see this little one. 
    • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list? nose frieda!! spit cloths... I'm pretty basic since every kid is different and likes different things. Oh some form of baby wearing... I could not survive with out it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Griffin5413 congrats on moving over to the 3rd tri! Exciting times!
    @wabash15 So glad DD2 is better and out of the hospital.  so excited for your AS this week!
    • How far along? 23+5
    • How are you feeling this week? So much better.  Poor MH is now sick but i'm a million times better than last week.  It's amazing what sleeping and being able to breathe can do to a person.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  I have an anterior placenta and I still don't feel the baby all the time.  Sometimes i think it's there but it goes away quickly.  The lack of feeling LO doesn't help PAIF brain.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Thursday, 2nd glucose test and NP check in.
    • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list? We decided a splurge is the dock n tot and i really want it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @wabash15 - so glad your daughter is doing better! I love the anatomy scan. It's always such a relief to see every little detail. Hope it all goes well!
    @blackhottamales - I have an anterior placenta and I didn't really start to feel her move around a ton until the last few weeks. My ob said as long as I was feeling movement at around 22/23 weeks she wasn't overly concerned. At my last check up she said to start counting and as long as I felt her move 10 times in a 2 hr span I was good. 

• How far along? 27w+4 days - csection date June 17
    • How are you feeling this week? better this week than last. My back is still sore but I've been better about not doing too much. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? anyone using KT tape instead of a support belt or anything. I want to try it out. I've heard great things. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? just last week. We did talk about c-section again and what she suggested if I went into labor early again. I think if my body goes into labor early I'm going to try to deliver naturally but also not stress too much if I can't. 
    • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list? - not doing a registry this time but trying to make a list of what we still need: a new changing pad, some fresh burp cloths, maybe a few things of diapers. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
    • How far along? 22 weeks and 5 days 
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling good this week! No complaints 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? @blackhottamales I have an anterior placenta as well but the last few days I’m pretty sure i can feel him moving around. It almost feel like pops or gas popping.. this is my first so it may all be In my head.. but every ultrasound he’s moving and squirming around in there and super active. 
    • Also anyone’s heart start racing or like palpations out of no where? My heart rate doesn’t go up I have an Apple Watch so I check But out of no where I’ll feel a palpation or something , never had one before but Im assuming that’s what it is. Just wondering if anyone else feel that. If not I’ll be sure to bring it up with my OB. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not till April 5th for a growth scan and cervix check. 
    • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list? Not sure but I’ve registered for EVERYTHING LOL guess I’ll know what the must haves will be after this little dude gets here. I have been eyeing up s dockatot or organic snuggle me. We’ll see. 
  • @Griffin5413 Cute bump! I’ve been told twice over the last two days i barely look pregnant.. hoping to pop soon
  • @ndz2018 I get heart palpatations when pregnant, and yes they seem to come out of no where (I could be sitting on the couch) and then they just go away. I was told by MFM my first time around its normal. 
    @blackhottamales I had an anterior placenta last time and have it again this time. Last time I didn't feel the baby till the third tri and never completed a kick count... this time around I have felt occasional rolls but still not much. It does mess with your head.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• How far along? 24W4d
    • How are you feeling this week? ok, but i was super sensitive yesterday every small thing made me cry and i'm not like that! don't even remember last time I cried.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I did everything for the swelling and nothing really help! I'm done!
    • Any upcoming appointments? 04/17. I also received my result for my glucose test and i passed! but my hemoglobin was pretty low so they're putting me on Iron supplement 
    • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list? I don''t know really what I need, i have done most of my shopping online so far. we're planning to go to a baby store next month since babies 'R us is closed the closest baby store (buybuybaby) is like 100 miles from where we live, so I will make list when we go there 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! still have a shy bump bump, not really showing so I get the same thing @ndz2018! and that can mess with my brain sometimes,. So i'm trying to pay close attention to his movement for some peace of mind.
    • nice bump @Griffin5413! and congrats on moving to 3rd trimester!
    • @wabash15 glad to know your daughter is feeling better, you don't need no additional stress! 
    • @blackhottamales I agree things like that can easily mess up with your brain with PAIF! have you thought of getting the home doppler?

• @Griffin5413 congrats!! what a long journey this has been - I'm grateful we got to experience together. Adorable bump  <3 for your back, I don't know what your normal posture is like but it seems like you have some lordosis (coming from someone who definitely does and suffered from low back pain for a long time) - maybe PT or a nice prenatal massage to help tuck your hips back under and cat/cow as well as alternating arm and leg raises may help.
    @wabash15 AS is a big appointment! So much fun seeing the LO for such a nice long time!
    @blackhottamales I'm so excited to tell you, "it's coming, it's coming!" Also have an AP, give it just a few more weeks - she wakes me up every morning 
    <3 and lets me know what she thinks of every meal I eat 
    @ndz2018 I don't get palpitations but I do get short of breath walking from room to room - really not a bad idea to bring it up with your OB to get some reassurance :smile:
    • How far along? 26w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? feeling super behind in all the things we need to do before baby girl comes!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? thank you so much for all the kind babymoon comments from 2 weeks ago - I'm catching up with my reading  :) also, y'all, sciatica is real - I never realized it was possible to get it this early or how uncomfortable it is but stretching/yoga/being active helps so good excuse to keep moving
    • Any upcoming appointments? not for another 2 weeks, then a repeat scan at 28 weeks to see if my low lying anterior placenta has moved
    • GTKY: What are some must haves on your registry or baby list? I still need to make this - looking forward to hearing everyone else's
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! will post soon!
  • @wabash15 That makes me feel much better! So strange because I’ve never in my life had them. 
    @autumnlvs Yup I’m noticing I’m getting shorter of breath going up the stairs now in day too. I’ll def bring it up with my OB next app. 
  • Thanks! I feel much better knowing that many people don't feel movement consistently as a FTM with AP. 

@babydust2507 no, i decided early on not get the doppler.  It doesn't cause me stress, more jealousy because all these people are asking if i feel LO and then on my BMB people keep talking about all the kicks.  i think a doppler could actually cause me more stress if i wasn't patient enough to find it.  My OB twice has taken a little extra while to find the HB, she says it's because LO is moving around so much.  

@wabash15 I hope you get some relief from your sciatica pain.  
  • @autumnlvs - thanks for the suggestions about PT. I actually had my ob give me a referral. I just need to make the call. I've had back issues for years. I should have been better about regularly strengthening my lower back muscles for sure!
    @blackhottamales- You'll feel that little a lot more soon. Just hang in there :smile:

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with you  about the doppler @blackhottamales, reasons why I didn't get it either lol, and my dr did not recommend, that it will bring more stress and to just pay attention to the movements, but I'm still tempted to get it something and was just trying to get your opinion I guess  ;)