Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 3/25

inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
edited March 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: where is your favorite place to vacation?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 3/25

• Loading the player...
  • Lol I'm on a roll editing my posts this morning.

@kbrown2385 my ILs want to do a road trip through that area. The idea came to them when they were watching the show The Secrets of Oak Island (or something close to that).

@bakerstreetboys go little embyros go!

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): All natural this cycle before starting IVF in April

How are things going?: shocked to get a +OPK this morning at CD13. I was expecting O later this week. Can't really complain about that though

Any questions?: No questions until next month when we get started!

Love vacationing in northern Wisconsin but it's starting to be less pleasant with SIL's BF. Plus SIL always ends up moody about some stupid thing *sigh*. We loved our honeymoon in Iceland and would love to go back soon. I also loved camping in AZ when we lived there. Haven't been camping since 😞
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, Unexplained Secondary

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO CD9

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Femara 7.5mg +Ovidrel+IUI

How are things going?: My RE upped my Femara dosage this cycle and holy hell am I feeling ALL the side effects. Just really hoping it will all be worth it and it will work. Follie check on Wednesday and maybe IUI sometime around the weekend. 

Any questions?: Did anyone ever up the dosage of Femara? Did it have any change on your follies?

I love going on cruises. I've been on 5 and I really love them. I know they aren't for everyone but I always have so much fun. 

@kbrown2385 Fx for your DH's SA and good luck with clomid!

@bakerstreetboys Fx for your embryos!

@inthewoods23 Fx for your IVF next month but also I hope makye you don't even need it and get KU this cycle!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @inthewoods23 Yay for a +opk!  Hopefully this is your lucky cycle :)

@hanshotfirst77 Fx for a great follie check!  Hopefully the increased dose does the trick. 
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): MFI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) I’ve been laying all the sperm boosting foods On my husband I can think of for the past two months. I’m out of a lot of it so time to shop again. I REALLY want him to go in for another SA to see how his numbers are, but not sure that convo would go over well.

How are things going?: no insurance currently so DH wants to shelve trying, which I guess is the smart thing to do... but I don’t wanna😭

Any questions?: not right now

GTKY: where is your favorite place to vacation? The beach or skiing. Anything with kind of the extremes in weather and views lol

@hanshotfirst77 I’m going on a cruise for the first time in oct. so excited!

@inthewoods23. DH and I love camping as well. What’s it like to do so in AZ?
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): LP defect, Possible endo

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Waiting for withdrawal bleed 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): FET

How are things going?: Good so far! I think Lupron gives me a headache everyday, so that's not fun. But I got to ditch BCP Friday, so that was exciting! 

Any questions?: Trying to figure out how to get out of telling everyone my transfer date. I don't want numerous people texting me asking if I've tested and asking the results. I don't want to sound rude though! Most know it's coming up. 

GTKY: where is your favorite place to vacation? Anywhere tropical! I love the Bahamas (:

@kbrown2385 I hope Clomid does the trick for you! I did 3 rounds. I wish I would've been monitored on it, but that can get expensive. I had major mood swings and hot flashes, but that was it. My RL BFF got pregnant her first cycle of clomid, so FX for you!! 
    @bakerstreetboys FX for your embryo development!! 
    @inthewoods23 OHH I bet Iceland was SO nice!! Hopefully you guys can get back there sometime.
    @hanshotfirst77 I did have an increase in Femara and it did get me an additional follicle! Hopefully you will have that as well! (:
  • @b_1029 I'll have to find the sheet of questions we had for our RE. Our first consultation basically went over our medical history so any questions about what they thought we should try wasn't until after all the bloodwork was completed. Hope it goes well next week!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 where in WI? I love it there. I’ve been going since a kid, but finally went to Door County for the first time last Labor Day weekend. 

@bakerstreetboys Scotland is amazing

@crookshanks10 I love tropical too, but have only done the Bahamas once

@b_1029 how did you make the decision not to go? I’ve made some decisions around things like that recently, but I am always so torn. Eventually I end up deciding my emotions and happiness can take front seat for a while.

Diagnosis (if you've been): HA

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Letrozole 2.5mg CD 3-7

How are things going?: I feel like I am way more emotional this cycle.. I'm blaming it on meds, but I have been on a roller coaster of a mood. I didn't have anything like this last time

Any questions?: If anyone has done clomid or letrozole, did your O date stay the same each month? 

GTKY: where is your favorite place to vacation? I love St. John in the USVI the most. I also love Disney World.
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 my O jumped ahead from CD18 ish to CD15 the first time using it. My CD12 scan had a massive follie and some more right behind it, so we cancelled the IUI. I was told to expect O 10-12 days from the day you start letrozole. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin wow! so CD 18 was your unmedicated O time and 15 on meds? Last time on letrozole I Od CD20 which was 13 days after last pill I was hoping it would move up a day or two so I wouldn't have to wait as long. I am not being monitored because I'm still under my OB. Next month RE. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @celticknotfire yay for getting cleared! 

@flinstone-2 I think she has maybe been looking up articles on how to deal with friends going through IF when you're pregnant or something. She initially asked if I would even be ok being invited or if I just wanted to spend some 1x1 time with her. She also said she understood if I didn't come. When I made my decision - which was definitely hard - I let her know that it's nothing to do with her and that DH and I still want to celebrate with them at dinner or something (it was a couple's shower...and our H's are tight). If it had just been hers, I 100% would've done and just hoped that no one asked me about when we're having kids, but I didn't want to go and put a fake face on (and be forced to buy a gift???) for someone I'm not close with at all. To answer your other Q - my O stayed the same on Clomid. Sorry for the ups and downs of this cycle! Did they up your dose or anything?
  • @b_1029 wow your friend sounds so great for giving you that space if you needed it. My dose stayed the same this month. My OB basically wants nothing to do with me right now because I responded to 2.5mg but had a short luteal phase and she just said it's time you see an RE, I'll refer you now. I was crushed by that andI I asked her for one more round, but she said I stay at 2.5 because I did O. I know that once I see an RE I'll have more help 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 yeah - i fluctuated anywhere from 18-20 unmedicated. did you up the dosage to 7.5 for this cycle? I was 5mg a day for that cycle. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @flinstone-2 I went from O around CD17-19 to around CD14 (or maybe 13). It didn't change my O date the first month I used it, but for the following 2 I was ready for the trigger shot for my IUIs on CD12.

We stay on one of the lakes up in Three Lakes (near Eagle River) so we're quite a ways north! I've been to Door County once when I was a teen. We only stayed for 1 night but the most memorable part is when I bled for 12 hours starting that night from some stitches breaking open that were from my wisdom teeth surgery the week before. It was like 11 at night so no place was open to get some gauge to soak it up. By the time we went to the store it had stopped 😂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 oh nice! We used to go to Minocqua which I just googled and it's like 35 miles from Three Lakes. Definitely wayyyy up there. I remember that drive taking forever! It's so beautiful its worth it. 

@chichiphin no I was and still am 2.5 which is nothing... but it was prescribed by my OB and she wouldn't go up since I did O

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 there's a zoo in Minocqua that we visited once! It was great!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @flinstone-2 sorry I wasn't keeping up with the thread and misread! yeah the RE went straight to 5mg and 400mg of progesterone for my LP (also short) so hopefully the RE tailors it a bit more for you! but obviously fx this works out and you don't have to make that appt. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Hi Everyone. 

Diagnosis (if you've been):  AMA (I'm 40)

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO, but Polyp found this morning

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I was due to start Gonal F injections today in preperation for my first IUI, however during u/s this morning a polyp was found so things are on hold right now. Histo... (no idea how to spell that) is scheduled for tomorrow. Polyp is long but not very wide, so concern is how much is attached to uterus. 

How are things going?: Was going great until this morning. The plan was 5 days of Clomid (finished yesterday) then Gonal F and then trigger shot followed by IUI

Any questions?: Not really sure what to expect from polyp removal. RE says if it's not completely attached she can do it in the office and if that can occur before I O (roughly Thursday/Friday) then we might be able to still try something this cycle (likely not IUI though). If it has to be completed in the hospital it will likely not happen this week. 

Another question: I had an u/s on Wednesday of last week and this wasn't seen. Is it possible it showed up that quick or was it just missed on the last u/s. I did have some spotting mid month on two different cycles before we started with RE, I'm wondering if it was from that? 

GTKY: where is your favorite place to vacation? Anywhere warm. Although our trip to Paris and Germany in the fall was amazing. 
    **** Child & Losses mentioned **** 

DX: AMA 

DS#1 9/14/06
    DS#2 3/29/08
    M/C 2010
    M/C 2011
    M/C 2012
    DS#3 7/5/13

TTC #4 since October 2018
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited March 2019
    **Lurking**
    @inthewoods23 This is crazy but my aunt and uncle live in Minocqua. My aunt basically runs the zoo there. Whenever they get new baby animals she raises them at home to socialize them, then brings them to the zoo when they're ready. She's done that with all types of animals. Even baby cubs! Crazy small world!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @madison456 hi there, would you mind introducing yourself in the most recent newbie thread?
  • @celticknotfire Exciting that you're getting close to starting!  I totally get the nerves though, holy emotions!

@b_1029 I always just make sure to write everything down when I meet with my RE, because I have more questions than I intended on asking.  Every time!  It sounds like your friend is really understand, which is great.  I can't handle showers yet either....

• @ruby696 Responsibility is the worst! Lol it might be something I’ll shelve until we hit a year again. I just have it in the back of my mind that this process  will ABSOLUTELY  take years again and that if we “take a couple months off” that it’s pushing back this non factual, completely insane timeline of “its FOR SURE going to take at least this long of trying” I have set in my head.

@celticknotfire Our OB recommended one over three years ago and it came back pretty poor, I don’t even remember the numbers now. Since we’ve started trying again I just think seeing where we are would be helpful mentally on me, so I know what to truly expect and if we should pull the trigger sooner rather than later with other options. We are both older now and I also want to see if this diet I have him on is working  :D

@b_1029 yes! I don’t even think he realizes it either lol I’ve just kind of taken control of the snacks and available food we have to eat in the house!
  • @madcouplewithabox I had my IUD out in September 2017 and DH wanted to wait until December to start trying. Well I'm still here. I have to admit, I've made a couple comments about how it would have been nice to have an extra two months of 36yo eggs....
  • @celticknotfire I requested monitoring while taking the clomid. I think that’s why my re agreed to it since her big thing was it increasing the possibility of multiples. 
  • edited March 2019
    *TW..... child mentioned and new (NOT mine) pregnancy mentioned...fears around secondary and/or continuing infertility discussed... 

I just need to vent.. I’m not sure if she lurks... I don’t think she would come here if she did...if so and you’re reading this, I’m sorry... I hold no grudge against you, just life in general.

someone from my Previous BMB group just announced she was pregnant with her next child after her first real month of trying. This makes the third one from that group currently expecting... again...I’m so happy for them of course, but all the IF feelings from my first time trying have come rushing back and I’m just in such a dark and bitter place. Why do so many women have it so easy and the rest of us are stuck in this hell hole? I just keep thinking “it’s not fucking fair”. It’s not... fucking....fair....
  • @madcouplewithabox I'm sorry. <3 Announcements are so hard. I try really hard not to be bitter, but you're exactly right - it's not fair. Just know you're not alone, even though it often feels that way IRL.
  • @madcouplewithabox - I completely understand your feelings! (And if anyone from my previous BMB is reading this, please understand that I'm happy for you.) Out of the 17 ladies on our BMB facebook group, I was the first one to start trying. Four other ladies have gotten pregnant on their 1st or 2nd try, or even while NTNP. Three of them had trouble TTC the first time around, so I'm completely happy that their journey is easier this time. But why am I still waiting a year later!?
  • @madcouplewithabox it's definitely not fair! It's ok for us to say it!! Around the same time I learned of my IF issue, my sister decided to try for a third. At that moment I already mentally prepared for the possibility of her announcement before I see a BFP.. I am so sorry for this feeling, it's the worst! 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19