October 2019 Moms

The Sex Thread: Announce Your Baby's Sex Here!

Tell us what you're having!
Please "love tit" but keep additional comments to a minimum so as not to clog the thread.
TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: The Sex Thread: Announce Your Baby's Sex Here!

• @BumpAdmin Could we get a sticky, please? :)
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not planning to find out, though DH wants us to. I'm still making my case to him for not finding out.
    DD 10/2019
  • meagan-t said:
    I'm not planning to find out, though DH wants us to. I'm still making my case to him for not finding out.
    I’m the same way. This is our second child, I’d like it to be a surprise for me, but my spouse wants to know. I told him he can know the sex, but don’t spill the beans to anyone, including me. 
  • SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited March 2019
    @jcbh2018 oh man I could never do that! If I knew he knew I would be like OK FREAKIN TELL ME! It definitely has to be a team effort for me to make it team green all the way 😂 which I really want to do! Yet I was already googling all the things last night about what it could possibly be... so shameful. 

Eta: just saw about not clogging the thread... I promise not to comment any more 😆
  • I can't wait to find out! 
    But I have to wait a bit. I'm only 9w3d.
  • Squeeeeee! Ccongratulations @galentine!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • m123mmm123mm member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks everyone. Sorry to get off topic. So happy for everyone who has found out! Yahoooo!  
  • @madiieeee if it's the genetics blood work, and not regular prenatal screening, then you can find out the sex from it! 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    madiieeee said:
    I know this is irrelevant and kind of a silly question but how is everyone finding out early! I am offered the blood test for all that prenatal testing but I don’t think I get the option to find out gender from it, at least that’s the impression i’m getting from my doctor. 
    Not to derail the thread, but...

There’s different levels of blood tests- kind of like there’s different levels of cars made by the same parent company. The normal screen offered to your non-AMA, non-high risk mom is what I’d call the Ford level of testing. It looks at different levels of hormones and such in your blood to make risk determinations. If it comes back high risk, you’ll offered the Lincoln level

The Lincoln is more of a genetic test than a screen, but they still call it a screen. It looks in the mother’s blood for fetal genetic material and analyzes it for specific mutations and trisomies/monosomies. In addition, they are also able to determine if there is the presence of Y chromosomes because they’re looking closely in your blood for fetal DNA. If there is, they declare boy. If not, they say female. 

Back in 2014, these tests were really only offered to the AMA moms. In 2016, it expanded to include all high risk moms and certain providers. Now, it’s becoming more mainstream to offer it to all moms as the tests become more widely available, but it’s not always offered. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Has anyone ever used dr Ramzi gender Predictor Method??
  • @prpl11butterfly just like the other prediction "test"??
  • @emily1052 I did it too. And mine was wrong too (said boy, NIPT said girl.) 😂😂😂