Group 2 Check In (Aug 8-14) - w/o 03/25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on? (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you doing any Spring Cleaning this year? If so, what do you plan to do? Are you doing any cleaning projects related to baby?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 2 Check In (Aug 8-14) - w/o 03/25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug. 11/ 20+1 (crazy to see remaining weeks/days under 20!) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Starbucks Venti cup

What team are you on? (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: My AS and follow up appointment is next week!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, energy level is decent throughout the day but I cannot wake up on time to save my life. This is the main reason I really haven't worked out in a week. :-( 

Rants/Raves: Rave- went to a consignment sale this weekend for baby/kid stuff. It was kinda picked over by the time I got there, but I still managed to find 2 work shirts and 2 dresses for $18!

Questions: I keep going back and forth between using a bassinet or playard for the time he's going to be sleeping in our room. Thoughts? 

GTKY: I really need to go through my closet and clear out stuff I don't wear anymore. DH needs to do the same with his tshirts, which are getting out of control! I'd also like to clean out the closet in what will be the baby's room. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    edited March 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/12 20wks tmrw

Baby is the size of a(n): banana, and yes I sang/spelled that as I wrote it. 

What team are you on? (Blue, Pink, or Green): PINK!! Just found out Friday we’re having a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: beginning of April I’ll have a group appt at the birth center where we do a nutrition class and then after that I go back for another ultrasound, they didn’t get all the images of baby girls heart on Friday. 

How are you feeling?: Mostly more energetic but with times of felling pretty fatigued still. 

Rants/Raves: I’m RAVING over finding out we’re having a girl!! I wasn’t necessarily holding for one or the other but I did have a *feeling* baby was a girl and now I just can’t stand the excitement! I’m ranting over the fact that I still puke on a regular schedule, really it’s just starting to piss me off. 

Questions: Ermmmm....not of the top. 

GTKY: Are you doing any Spring Cleaning this year? If so, what do you plan to do? Are you doing any cleaning projects related to baby? Our spring cleaning is getting our house ready to list. And omg, I’m so overwhelmed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emqbee Congrats on your girl!!! Also, I do not envy having to get your house ready to list. Do you have family/friends nearby that can help? Maybe it would be worth it to hire a service to do the cleaning?
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: RCS date of 8/9 or 8/14 (EDD is 8/16, so 19w3d)
    Baby is the size of a(n): mango, but with the height of a jar of PB ... ?
    What team are you on? (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink
    Upcoming Appointments: 20 week with OB on Fri (3/29) then scheduling the A/S with MFM at some point in the next week or two
    How are you feeling?: Good, finally sleeping more/better.
    Rants/Raves: Nothing too massive, I guess.
    Questions: Nope.
    GTKY: Are you doing any Spring Cleaning this year? If so, what do you plan to do? Are you doing any cleaning projects related to baby? I don't really ever do Spring Cleaning, per se, but I will probably start switching out my winter/summer wardrobe this weekend since temperatures are - hopefully - stabilizing. It has been one wild ride this year. Nothing to do with baby, except start emptying out the spare room to get her nursery started.

**History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @Lotus_2008, fortunately my husband and I are pretty handy, my dads great at painting and has offered to do that for us when we’re ready, and my mom is planning to help me with the cleaning. It’s mostly the nit picky things that we’re doing to prep for the sale that’s driving me nuts, like new storm doors, painting/ replacing trim where needed. You know, all the stuff you just don’t worry about because you live here and it doesn’t bother you so you put it off and then go dang, this is nice, just in time for someone else! We should have done this so we could enjoy it! And I’m stressing over being settled into a new house when the nesting hits. I’m looking forward to that part and doing the nesting things and DH is like oh it’s no big deal lots of people move when their pregnant. Well I know that. That’s not the point 😝
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/11; 20 weeks, 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): endive/paper airplane

What team are you on? (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue

Upcoming Appointments: Check up this Wednesday

How are you feeling?:  Ok.  Stressed about trying to find a daycare for Bean #2.  Everywhere is waitlist only. Sigh.

Rants/Raves: Neither rant nor rave.  Just feel bad that I haven't done a check in for a long time.  I have trouble keeping up with the boards lately.  New job and toddler are destroying my attention span for anything else.

GTKY: Are you doing any Spring Cleaning this year? If so, what do you plan to do? Are you doing any cleaning projects related to baby?  My mom is visiting next months so we'll need to clean out that spare bedroom.  Have no idea where we're going to put that all junk.  I wish I could just throw it out, but DH won't let me.
  • @emqbee - If it's any consolation, I had ZERO urge to nest before DD1 was born. However, our house went under contract about 10 days after she was born (leaving on a moment's notice with a newborn and a large dog is NO picnic, let me just say) and for some reason, either the relief or the stress of that made it kick into high gear. I was able to pack up nearly all of our house in about 2 weeks (so ~week 2-4, post c-section) and the urge carried through the unpacking (though obviously, I didn't have to lift a thing) in the new house. It was kind of magical to have those hormones supporting the craziness, instead of fighting it.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @Twinkiedoll Don't feel bad about not participating in the check-in. I don't think there has been one in a couple weeks. My participation/posting is sporadic depending on my work schedule too. Everyone should just try if they can!
  • @MamaK225 That is actually a huge consolation! I have been in knots with the timing because I just want to be settled before baby comes. But that is just the reminder I needed that we can’t plan everything and sometimes you just have to roll with it. Can’t believe you did all that so soon after c section. My god. Ok, I have a little more faith that I can do it and not go nuts now! Thank you!
  • @emqbee - You have to give yourself some limits (both for time spent moving and how much you will allow yourself to move/do/lift), but it can be done. I almost think it's a little easier that way because with a newborn, you're basically on a 2-3 hour schedule anyway, so you *have* to rest every 1.5-2.0 hours, depending on how long baby takes to go through a cycle of diaper change, eat, sleep. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself, you never know. Slow and steady wins the race ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**