Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• Wow!! @katie35 that’s amazing how much they were able to figure out from that test!! I think you’re making the right choice with repeating the test! Hopefully all goes well with this next test and then you’ll be onto your FET!!! Please keep us posted about the next test results!! 

@bkatp yay for 24 weeks!! How incredible!! Are you getting things prepared and ready at home? So glad you’re feeling well! 

@mackorori I’m happy to hear your hysteroscopy went well and you’ll be moving onto your next cycle! April will be here soon and you are so right... BEST Christmas gift ever!!! 

AFM... Im almost 33 weeks and things are going really well. My due date is April 5th but we are getting induced on March 29th due to ivf protocol. So only 6 1/2 weeks to go until we meet our little one (and find out he or she)! Baby’s measuring a bit small (30th percentile) But has been checking out perfectly healthy! 

I’ve had some low blood pressure issues and am anemic so those things have caused me a few issues. A couple weeks ago I passed out in front of my 2nd grade class... hit my head on the hard floor. I got the worst concussion and was out of work for the week. My poor kiddos!! I had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance and admitted to L&D to monitor baby due to the fall.... but all checked out well. Just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing like that happens again!! 
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• @kbenner2 Thanks for giving us the update, it is so close, how exciting!! Glad to hear things have been going well (other than this fainting episode, very scary but glad you are OK). 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bkatp yes it was my anatomy scan and everything went well. I will be 20 weeks this friday and still not showing really... like you can barely tell, kinda concerns me but I guess I'm always try to find something to worry about, I am working on it I promise! 
    @mackorori glad to know that you are moving forward and you have a date! that's exciting and at the same time I understand the impatience with the long wait! April will be here before you know it! 
    @katie35 I am so glad you got some answers! what a release! GL to you and I know you're moving to the right direction and I would have made the same decision! I'm very happy for you!
    @kbenner2 wow I bet that was scary and I'm glad to know you're ok! so why are they inducing you early? do they not let all IVF pregnancies go full term? don't know if it's bad for me to say that but I will love to have my baby no later than june 30th, i'll be  38 weeks and 2 days and the reason is my new deductible year starts july 1st, so we will be saving money since we already met our OOP

• @babydust2507 my doctor said that they like to induce ivf babies in the 39th week. I didn’t really ask why at the time, but after reading and researching a little I believe it’s because the placenta can begin to breakdown and deteriorate after that, as well as there being a higher rate of baby being stillborn. I’m sure every doctor varies on their ivf baby protocol for delivery. Who knows! 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• @kbenner glad to know everything is going well except for that small episode which for sorted. My doctor hasn’t spoke to me about induction and c section but I have been hearing about the same. I am 2 weeks away from 3rd Trimester, I guess maybe they will bring it up in thrid trimester.

@babydust2507 Good to know that ur anatomy scan went well. Maybe u can schedule c section to be before July 1st ? 
  • thank you @kbenner2 for the explanation. @bkatp that's another thing too i don't want to ha a c-section lol i prefer to be induced lol!
  • Thanks everyone!   :)

@kbenner2, how scary!!  I am glad you and baby are ok after that fall.  I am sure your head didn't feel great after that though.  How are you feeling now?  Sounds like your induction will be coming up here soon?! Only a few more weeks to go!!

@mackorori, how have you been doing?  Do you have everything ready to go for this next round?

@anared, how are you doing?  Any updates?

@babydust2507 I have a girlfriend who concieved through IVF and she is being induced early as well!
  • @katie35 yep, we started the meds and if all goes as planned (famous last words) we are scheduled for FET on April 4th. What about you? Did you do a second round of testing yet (or in the middle of it)?
  • @mackorori glad to hear everything is still moving forward.  Keep us posted!  April 4th will be here soon!

And we are in the process of doing our next testing round.  We did a Lupron Depot shot a couple of weeks ago.  We will start nightly Lupron shots and Prednisone on the 19th.  Will do that for 4 weeks and then will finally start estrace and progesterone leading up to biopsy.  Long process but seems to be going fast so far!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @mackorori April 4th is almost here, just 2 weeks away. Good luck for your FET. Are you on ur FET protocol now ? 

@katie35 glad to know you are on your next round  of testing hoping to conclusive results in April. 

Good of luck both of you for April.

@anared any updates ?

@kbenner2 you much be just couple of weeks away. How is everything going for you ?
  • @bkatp good to hear from you. Yep, I'm on the FET protocol now, it's such a process! How are things going with you, I think you are due in late May?
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @mackorori yes May 31st. 2 plus months to go 
  • @kbenner2 I'm so glad you & baby are ok after the fall! thats so scary. But, March 29th is almost here, how exciting! How are you feeling?

@mackorori your FET is almost here! how are you doing with the protocol?

@babydust2507 glad to hear your anatomy scan went well! 

@bkatp how are you doing/feeling? Your due date is around the corner!

@katie35 how is this round of testing going? 

Thanks for checking in ladies! We had a lot of things happening the last month with work, condo issues and family things I didn't get a chance to update. So I did my FET in February and I'm currently a little over 7 weeks. My RE discharged me Wednesday after we heard the heartbeat. I was under the impression that I would be with them a few more weeks but, this is their protocol. He just gave me an approximate date to stop the PIO and estrogen so now I am waiting for my ob/gyn appt the first week in April. My ob/gyn dropped my insurance last year and I never got a new one, so it was a panicked rush to find one this week. I am not sure if this is normal, but the new ob/gyn office had said pregnant patients aren't with one doctor, they are shared so I may see a different doctor in the group each time I go. DH thought the doctors in that group seemed good based on what we read online so we are just going to stick with it and see how it goes.

I am having some issues with my thyroid levels being elevated- I have hypothyroidism but my TSH levels went up to a little above 6 the last week of February when my RE tested me. My nurse told me this was an urgent matter but my endocrinologist wasn't that concerned and told me to come back in 5 weeks bc she thinks its the estradiol. My RE didn't like that so he took it upon himself to give me a new dose of synthroid, which made my endo mad. So I am following her prescription advice after talking to the RE, but he gave me a referral for another endo if she still will not see me soon. Since I was discharged he didn't do any blood work Wednesday so I am not sure what my TSH levels are now and its making me really anxious being between doctors- since you grow accustomed to someone being on top of you all the time. 

Sorry for the long update! I hope you are all having a nice weekend! 

• @anared CONGRATULATIONS!! :smiley: That is such awesome news!  Sorry you are having the issues with your thyroid.  That has to be so frustrating that your providers can't get on the same page!  Hopefully you can get in to your Endo soon and get a plan that everyone is comfortable with.  Congrats again.  This was a great update!

For me, still working through the second testing round.  Just the Lupron Depot so far.  Other than a TON of hot flashes, going well!  I start Prednisone on Monday. 
  • @anared wow!! Congratulations!! How exciting!! Sorry about the issues with your thyroid/meds... hopefully they get it all figured out soon! When is your due dates?! 

@katie35 I’m glad your 2nd round of testing is started. It sounds like a long process but so very worth it in the end!! 

@bkatp how are feeling? Everything going well?? 

@mackorori So happy your FET is almost here!!! 

I just turned 37 weeks Friday and our induction is less than 2 weeks away! I’m already 4cm dilated so they’re thinking I won’t make it to induction day, but baby is doing great so they said any time is a good time now! Just waiting! 

Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• @anared thanks for the update, so happy for you!!! Interesting your endo says no big deal, my RE is super careful about thyroid levels. It may be that your endo feels that way knowing more of your history, hopefully they can provide their thoughts and come to some agreement. My protocol is going OK, I’m on patches and Lupron now, they will do a lining check on the 22nd, hopefully that is all going as planned.

@kbenner2 so excited for you, any day now!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @anared big congratulations 🎉🎈🎊. Sorry you have been going through thyroid issues. Yes my RE was also very careful about thyroid and even though I didn’t have any TSH issues he put me on synthroid through out my pregnancy.

@kbenner2 excited - anytime now 

all, I am doing ok 29 plus weeks now made it into third trimester. Hoping for it to stay this way for atleast another 8 weeks. 
  • @katie35 thank you! I am glad to hear the second round is going well, despite the hot flashes. Did they say when they would move forward with FET after this?

@kbenner2 thank you! I am due the end of October. I am just trying to take it one day at a time and celebrate each day as I go. Wow! 4 cm already, how exciting! Any day now you'll meet your little boy or girl! Keep us updated on your progress! 

@mackorori thank you! yea I was under the impression my endocrinologist would be following me more closely, as did my RE, so I am feeling really insecure about it.  Good luck with the lining check this week! 

@bkatp thank you! my RE and nurse were on top of it, but my endocrinologist is kind of casual about the whole thing- so it makes me anxious even more now that I have been discharged. Congrats on the third trimester! You are in the home stretch! 
  • kbenner2kbenner2 member
    edited March 2019
    I wanted to let you all know that baby is here! It’s a girl! Daisy Joella was born on March 23rd and weighs 7 lbs 6 oz! She couldn’t be more perfect and we are so in love! 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• @kbenner2 she's so beautiful, congratulations!!!
  • @kbenner2 CONGRATULATIONS!!  She is beautiful!!
  • @kbenner2 Congratulations!!!  <3 she is beautiful! so happy for you! 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @kbenner2 Congratulations!! she is very cute.

@anared how is it going for you? Have you heard the heartbeat? how many weeks are you now?

@mackorori how is your cycle going?

• mackororimackorori member
    edited March 2019
    @bkatp thanks for the check in! I had a lining check and bloodwork today and it went well, so still on track for April 4th. How are things with you? When are you due?
  • @bkatp how is the third trimester going? I am 9 weeks. I got to hear the heartbeat at my 7 week appointment at the fertility clinic. I have an appointment next week with my new ob/gyn group, I am really nervous and hoping everything goes well. The three weeks in between these two appointments feels like an eternity. 
  • @anared Just wanted to check in.  Did you have your appointment with your OB yet this week?   I can see how that 3 weeks would feel like an eternity!

@mackorori Good luck tomorrow!  Lots of prayers that everything goes smoothly!!  Keep us posted!

@kbenner2 how is that little one doing??  

@bkatp congrats on the third trimester!  You are almost there!!  How are you feeling?

@babydust2507 how are you doing/feeling??
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited April 2019
    @anared Awesome. Hoping your Ob appointment went well as well. You will transition into 2nd trimester soon that should probably ease your anxiety a little. 

@mackorori good luck for today 

@katie35 Thank you I am doing good, 8 more weeks to go, slowly sinking in that baby can be here anytime after  weeks.  Any updates on your tests?
  • Thanks for the well wishes ladies!! All went well, they said our little embie thawed out beautifully. Now just headed home for some R&R and the waiting...

@anared good luck with your appointment this week.
  • @mackorori glad to hear the transfer went well! I have my fingers crossed for you! 

@katie35 @bkatp thanks for checking in! The appointment went well and they said everything looked good.

But, the Obgyn gave me the option of a pap smear and pelvic exam which I agreed to since they said it’s normal and routine but it’s ok if I deny it. I did it and  now regret it because I had some spotting afterwards. He was a little rough with the pelvic/internal exam, and pushing on my stomach. The spotting stopped after a few hours, but last night around 8 I started bleeding bright red- like period quantity and had to go to the ER- I was so scared. I have a subchorionic hematoma. They said the baby is still ok after they gave me two ultrasounds and a pelvic exam. I am not sure if the obgyn appointment had anything to do with it (the obgyn says it’s unrelated), but I haven’t had any spotting until that appointment so I am just not sure.  I was told to expect some more bleeding on and off but it should fade. I was supposed to stop my PIO and estrogen, now I’m waiting for confirmation from the RE since the obgyn office told me to call them and get some guidance. The obgyn nurse said nothing they can do about this so my next appointment is on the 17th and to wait for that. I’m not sure if I need to go to a more high risk doctor with this and considering I have the blood clotting issue as well. 
  • @anared So glad to hear everything looked good at your appointment but so sorry you had to go through that scare!  I am so glad everything checked out ok when you went to the ER.  I am surprised that they are having you check with the REs office on the progesterone and estrogen but I guess they are the experts in that area?  Hopefully you get some clarity at your next appointment and they can do some more to ease your mind!

@bkatp still trucking along with testing.  About 4 weeks until biopsies! 
  • Hi ladies sorry I have been so quiet, I have been really busy at work. I'm doing ok, I'm 26 weeks today, passed my glucose test and my fetal echo went well. I got cleared from the high risk dr too. I also asked for induction but my OB say it will not be before 39 weeks which fall in new insurance year so I guess baby can come when he's ready then because it won't matter financially lol.
    @kbenner2 she so precious! what a cute baby! congratulations!!!!
    @anared sorry you have to go thu this and I'm glad to know that bay is ok. hope they agree on a protocol to give you peace. hang in there girlfriend! 
    @mackorori congrats on the transfer! i got my fingers crossed for you and waiting on the good news! 
    @katie35 GL on the 2nd testing and sorry you have to deal with these hot flashes 
    @bkatp how exciting you're almost there! thanks for the update! 
  • Glad to hear everything is going well @babydust2507!!  

@anared how have you been feeling since your ER visit??  

@mackorori how are you feeling?  Hopefully the wait is going quickly for you.  I have my fingers crossed and sending lots of prayers for good news soon!
  • Official beta results are in and the FET worked!  I'm still in a bit of shock and I know there is a long way to go from here, but hoping for the best.  Thanks for all the support ladies!
  • CONGRATULATIONS @mackorori!!  That is amazing news!! :smiley: Thanks for keeping us posted!!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    Congratulations @mackorori. Hoping for the best in all the coming weeks. 
    @anared I am glad everything turned out OK and baby is doing well. If it makes you feel more secure, I would suggest going to a high risk doctor and seeking their opinion. 
    @katie35 hoping for conclusive results for all the wait you have been through. 

I had 32 week growth scan last week and baby's was measuring 2 weeks behind so they put me on weekly monitoring. At my next growth scan at 36 weeks, if things don't improve ill be induced asap.So I need to get ready for any outcome at 36 week scan

• @mackorori I'm so happy for you! what an exciting news and thanks for keeping us posted! 
    @bkatp please keep us posted! have my fingers crossed for you and I know everything will be ok! sending you love and hugs!
  • @bkatp I will be thinking of you and sending prayers for good news at your 36 week scan!  And if that little one has to come early, prayers that everything goes smoothly!  Keep us posted!
  • mackororimackorori member
    edited April 2019
    @bkatp lots of love your way and hope the next few weeks goes well.
  • @babydust2507 good to hear everything went well with the fetal echo and getting clearance from the high risk dr.! You are almost there!

@mackorori congratulations! that is great news!

@katie35 how are you doing? how much longer until the biopsies?

@bkatp Sending prayers your way that everything goes well at the next growth scan! Lots of love to you and baby. 

I had my 12 week appt this week. My NT scan went well. I still have the hematoma so they said it may take a few more weeks to heal itself, or I may have another bleeding episode because I am on lovenox. Hopefully it just heals itself. We did find out that the dr. knew about the hematoma at my last appt but he felt it was best to not tell me because he didn't want to 'create panic'. I think thats crazy. So I fought for an extra ultrasound next week since I have to go back anyway and re-do blood work that was lost. Luckily my next two appts are with other doctors at the practice. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @babydust2507 , @katie35 , @mackorori , @anared thank you for your prayers. Ill update you after my 36 week growth scan. 

@anared that is crazy how the doctor thought it was ok not telling you about hematoma. 2 more weeks for second trimester hopefully you will get more respite after moving to 2nd trimester.