September 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: Tattoos / Body Art

Any tattooed mamas/mamas to be out there? Share your ink or other body art here. Pics are welcome, of course! You can also share your ideas if you're planning on getting any new work after your body is your own again.

I thought this could be a fun way to spice up an otherwise boring Monday :wink: .

Re: GTKY: Tattoos / Body Art

• Options
    I'm afraid of needles and sure I would hate anything permanently affixed to my skin the second it was there, so no tattoos for me!  And no piercings because I have fun metal sensitivities.  I'm pretty boring in this respect (and others, TBH, haha).  
  • Options
    I have somewhere around a dozen tattoos. Mostly smaller ones and most of them can be hidden up quite well.

I have one big piece on my arm (half sleeve). It is a portrait of my best friend who I lost in 2011.
    I have the lower portion of one leg dedicated to travel. I have been adding a bunch of smaller pieces based on travel experiences I have had, and once it's full I plan to add some filler to tie it all in together creating a leg piece.
    I have a few small ones on my wrists, my forearm and behind my neck.
    I have a cancer memorial tattoo on my foot for my uncle. It is a Dove holding the leukemia cancer ribbon in its mouth with my uncle's initials.
    My lower back is a piece dedicated to my grandpa who I lost when i was quite young. Hands holding a rose, with roses all around and some text.

I am not one for piercings. I had my nose done when I was young, but I took it out once it became popular. Yes, I am one of those people. Haha  :p And I have my ears pierced.
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kaceyallan I love how meaningful all of yours are! I was big on piercings when I was in my early twenties, but not so much now. Thank goodness you can just take them out haha. I tried to have a pierced nose three times, but it would never heal properly because I have constant seasonal allergies.
  • Options
    I had my belly button pierced when I was around 13, I'm now 36... I took it out during my first pregnancy but the hole is still there (not noticeable, but there) and probably will be for life. 0 ink though! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    I have 2 little tiny cross tattoos. One on my hand and one on my toe. I got them when I was 18 and going through a break up... not the smartest decision of my life lol. They're so small that no one sees them anyways. MH has a ton of tattoos. He's working on a sleeve at the moment.

I did have my nose pieced for a while and my eyebrow for a couple years. Both are gone. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    I've got a beautiful aztec-looking coyote on my upper back - it's a design my dad made when I was a child and it's basically become our family crest. 

Aside from that I have a blue flower under my right ankle bone that I got when I was 18 and thought I was cool. 

I have no regrets though. :) 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland well that definitely made me cry! So sad and yet so beautiful. 

I have three tattoos. Two basic bitch no meaning ones on my lower back to the right (a tiny flower) and my left shoulder (a butterfly).

My third is a quote from HP on my right shoulder. It says "Until the very end" and it is my favorite line from the books. It has multiple meanings for me. One because of the significance of that part the book and the other because it's a tattoo I got with my best friend and hers says "It's real for us". We have the book stars at the front of my quote and the end of hers so it's like a sentence. We grew up together reading the books so they are part of us until the very end. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @themadcamel thank you!

@LJMoon6 my DH just finished up his sleeve. Good timing too, because now that we are KU there will be no money spent on tattoos for awhile! Haha

@nomangos23 That sounds so cool! I'd love to see it someday!

@lillywonderland That's a tragically beautiful story about your friend.  <3

@zuuls_mom LOVE that you and your friend got HP tattoos!
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    themadcamelthemadcamel member
    edited March 2019
    I have a lot of tattoos, too many to really stop and try to count. My back is a mish mosh of different things because I started there when I was younger and still trying to hide them easily. I have 2 large thigh pieces on both legs, a big piece on one upper arm, and a sleeve in progress on the other arm.

A few of my favorites and some pics (because I can’t resist):
    1. Flowers and a bird on my thigh that covers some *TW* self-harm scars. 
    First one is after the first session, second is right after the final session. 

2. A fox and a quote from Le Petit Prince on my back (for my husband)
    3. It’s very simple, but the last sentence from the Harry Potter series on my side (“All was well.”). 
    4. My sleeve. We’re halfway finished, but I’m doing laser removal to lighten an old one on my forearm before we can complete the work. It’s fantasy themed. 
    After the final session. A little swollen and not the best angle, but I don’t have any others of the full thing. 

• Options
    @LJMoon6 what’s the theme or style of YH’s sleeve?
    @nomangos23 that’s really neat that yours is your dad’s design! 
    @lillywonderland what a beautiful way to honor your friend. 
    @zuuls_mom love those HP friend tattoos and the quotes you both chose. I too have a couple of basic bitch tattoos. I’m not proud, but I’m not ashamed either ;) .
  • Options
    @themadcamel HOT MAMA with the sleeve! my husband thinks sleeves are hot so I said I'd get one (I'm kind of into them, but have no idea what I would want) and he was like "Oh, they wouldn't be hot on you...sorry" lol geeze thanks. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel Wow! The pieces you shared are incredible! I love them!
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @themadcamel Damn that's a lot of tats! I'm always super jealous of women with tattoos. I'm such an indecisive person that I know I'll pick something and then regret it a year later. I would love to have a half sleeve tho. Those are hot! MH's sleeve is currently just a silhouette of trees wrapped around his wrist. He wants to add in some mountains and some sort of sunset or northern lights. He hasn't quite decided yet how he wants to finish it.
    @nomangos23 That's so sad! I would love to have a half sleeve too!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @nomangos23 Your husband  :D. But I'm sure you'd look super hot. 

@themadcamel Beautiful! I love all of them! Especially the thigh ones. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I have 10... I’m gonna try to attach 9 photos, leaving out the “tramp stamp” haha. The two most recent are the elephant, which my mom and sister all got but put our own spin on it, like mine has a Rose, which is the flower of June, when my son was born. And then my stick lady which my best friend and I got when she moved away.

Edited to say, sorry if the photos are to big!
  • Options
    I have a stack of tats and piercings! I love body mods!

My big piece is my partial sleeve that OS now extended back across my shoulder blade. Don't tattoo there if pain is an issue, JFC, I'm a rock and I almost passed out. 

I have Pisces on my wrist, a pawprint on my hip, Cheshire on my thigh, and a knotqork moon on my other shoulder. 

I *so* want a Miss Mae La Roux piece! I want her to do either the Hitchhiking Ghosts on me or something from Alice in Wonderland. And I want a WDW Haunted Mansion. Because I'm such a Disney fanatic!

Attaching a pic of the start of my shoulder piece, since it is what I could find in my pictures. 

Holy cow, my boobs are *way* bigger now. O.o

• Options
    I had the tattoo bug right before I got pregnant, and now I’m having a hard time waiting to get more. I’m partial to American traditional myself, but I do have some roses on my upper arm from before I honed in on my true style preference. I also have a snitch from Harry Potter on my sternum with the wings extending under my boobs, anchors on my feet, and a big thigh piece not pictured. Weirdly I don’t have a lot of good pictures showing them. Here’s what I could dig up!

• Options
    There are some seriously beautiful pieces of art here! I’m an extremely non-committal person, so I got nothin! Pierced my belly button in college and the damned thing got infected and I just have a scar. So that’s a cool story. Anyways, beautiful art, and thanks for sharing! 
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 dang girl, you are 🔥🔥🔥. I love your tattoos and your wedding dress. The beading is so pretty. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 Thank you mama!! The only fire I feel now is heartburn hahaha