Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 3/25

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's it going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 3/25

• Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? I have been getting back into yoga! In fact, my middle hurts from yesterday's practice. Also, we've been buying/eating more organic, BPA-free, etc.--I found yogurt in a glass container, finally. It's got a unique flavor. Lastly, trying to drink enough water/day and walk at least a mile/day. I know that's not a lot, but if it gets me up and out of my office on days when I otherwise just sit in front of my computer working, it's good for me.

How's it going? I'm going to Portland, leaving this Wed., for a little under a week, and that's definitely gonna throw me off some of the wins I've had lately--though I will definitely be able to get my daily walking checked off while I am there! I also curious how well I'll be able to stay organic--esp. being broke. But if I do my best for myself in my house, I need to give myself permission to do the best I can w/out feeling bad bad outside of it when I have little/less control, so I am feeling good despite all that.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I bought some very hippie shampoo, and DH & I both like it. Also, 2/7 of the past days were yoga days, and going to try to squeeze some in before dinner tonight so it will be 3. I feel best when I can do 3-4 out of 7 days. More broadly, I finished reading IT STARTS WITH THE EGG and feel good about the choices I've been making since reading the book, a lot of which are the habits I'm working on.

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? I think I tried pigeon once, when I was in Egypt, but it was like--my friend's mom ordered it when we were out and then had all of us visitors try it, I myself did not order the pigeon entree.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Congrats on no cavities! I’m laughing so hard at your flossing. I’m so bad at it though, I really need to get back on that wagon.

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Losing weight

How's it going? I’m on week two of weight watchers and really enjoying it so far. It’s nice to be happy with what I’m eating and I don’t feel deprived at all. 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Lost 2 pounds in the first week. 

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Probably squirrel. 

• Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? -- Trying to stick to four days of exercise per week -- two yoga classes, two barre classes. Although really I should be doing three yoga classes per week probably. 

How's it going? -- So far nothing this week but planning to go to my first class of the week Wednesday night! Maaaybe yoga tomorrow night depending on how AF symptoms are. 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? -- Hmm last week didn't go great honestly.  :# Scheduling didn't work out so well.

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? -- Alligator is what I'm coming up with but I really feel like there is something weirder that I'm blanking on...

• Options
    @inthewoods23 Exactly!

@kbrown2385 Isn't it amazing how many zero point foods there are?? I love how the program is geared towards teaching healthy eating habits.

@kagesstarshroom Do you have an instant pot? Apparently you can make your own yogurt. I haven't had the guts to try it though.

@whitealbum29 Last week was bad for me too. Hopefully we both do better this week.

AFM:

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Eating smaller portions. I always usually take than I need and if it's on my plate, I want to finish it.

How's it going? Okay. I finally caved and joined WW, which I've always done well on. Hoping the weather improves so I can run this week.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I went to the gym a couple times, which felt really good. I've been pretty lazy for the last two weeks.

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Rattlesnake. It was disgusting.

• Options

@inthewoods23 I'm going to follow your lead, because I totally need to floss more.

@kbrown2385 @ruby696 I'm doing WW too! I've lost about 36 lbs since June, but have been off track since my kitchen renovation had be eating out so much.

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Weight loss through healthier eating and activity.

How's it going? Now that I can cook again, I'm back to sticking with my WW points and super motivated for the first time in the past 2 months. I'm hoping to get to a Cyclebar class today.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I was able to meal prep breakfast & lunches on Sunday. 

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Probably crocodile and kangaroo when I was in Australia, although I'm pretty sad about the kangaroo. :neutral:

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I'm cracking up at your need to explain that you personally didn't order the pigeon! hahaha What did you think of it?!

@MrsVP614 I'm so thrilled for you that your kitchen is almost done!! It's so nice when you're able to cook again, isn't?!  So happy you can get yourself back on track!

@ruby696 great job joining WW and getting some workouts in!  Isn't it always a great feeling when you finish?  Often I'm not motivated to go workout but once I am there I am so happy I showed up!

@whitealbum29 I love Barre classes!  I take one every Thursday!

@kbrown2385 squirrel?!?!?!  wooowza... how was that?!

@inthewoods23 I love that your whole post was about flossing! hahaha  Also, watermelon soup is so good!  Gazpacho is so underrated!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Getting my S**t back together after being away all last week for work. DH and I are doing a 5 day juice cleanse this week.  I'm on day two and so far so good.  We are drinking the juices during the day for breakfast, lunch and snacks, filled in with water in between juices and then doing a sensible dinner at night (Turkey burger lettuce wraps, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp...and loads of veggies).  Also, getting my butt back to the gym this week. 

How's it going? Two days in... we are making the juices ourselves, so it's been fun (and rather messy) spending that time in the kitchen together.  The juices really aren't that bad tasting so it's totally doable. I'm just really hoping this works and I can shed the few pounds I put on last week as well as flush my body out of all the nasty stuff that's been going in it.  I don't want to feel weighed down anymore.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? MAJOR fail last week!  So I don't really think there were any wins for me last week....We did a lot of work group dinners where everyone orders tons of appetizers for the table and then you all order your entrees and then they order dessert for everyone.  On top of that, so many drinks.  I mean, don't get me wrong it was so good but I def. came home with some extra weight.

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Hmmmm... I feel like I'm rather boring in this department...I won't eat anything that I feel is supposed to be a pet  :D  And I won't eat anything that's slimey in texture.  I guess I'd have to say the weirdest thing was grilled octopus... which for me is weird and strange because you could still see the little charred suction cups on the tentacles! 

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? I'm currently doing Whole30, trying to get a full 8 hours of sleep, and I want to get back into doing my pelvic floor PT exercises.

How's it going? Food and sleep are going pretty well. I need to get going on the PT.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Even though I had a jam packed weekend, I was still able to do enough meal prep to get me through.

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Maybe octopus or squid, I also tried the white pulp part of a cocoa fruit, between the pod and the bean.

@kagesstarshroom I've been working on cleaning up my food, kitchen items and personal care products as well!

@inthewoods23 I always do really well flossing for about a month and then I end up stopping, it is such a hard habit to keep up with.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Weight loss.

How's it going? Pretty good actually. I’m doing a weight loss program through my insurance. I’m about 4 weeks in and down 7 pounds. I need to work on exercise, though. Not really getting that in as much as I should.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Walking away from the free cupcakes a co-worker brought in. Why do people bring all of their sugar to the office?

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Probably gator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I should do that. Flossing makes everything better, right? Like, if I floss every day for a few weeks I can totally lose 20 pounds.

@m6agua Working in sleep is a great idea. I’m glad it’s going well for you. 

@kbrown2385 Way to go. 2 pounds is a prettt big win.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @kpearse99 I always feel bad eating octopus/squid esp. when you can see the little tentacles, but they ARE delicious. I feel like we were like "tastes like chicken!" about the pigeon lol, but it was ~10 years ago, so I remember that I ate it more than I remember the experience's details, sadly.

@inthewoods23 I want DH to make me a little chalkboard wall in the bathroom so I can write inspirational things in beautiful handwriting on it-----and keep track of flossing. <3 My friend is a dental hygienist and she said you only need to floss twice a week really, so please feel great about yourself if you are doing it at least that often--and super great if more!!
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom that's good to know about the flossing! My goal is to get in the habit of maybe every other day.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause indefinitely
  • Options
    kbrown2385 and @MrsVP614 Congrats on WW going well!

@kpearse99 They are surprisingly fun! I love them but also dread parts of them (especially chin-ups on the bar...I always cross my fingers we're not doing them and have gotten lucky the last couple weeks). But I always feel like I could do the thigh and glute exercises all class long! ... I admire you for doing a juice cleanse!

@mercury94 I can never walk away from free food at the office so good job!

• Options
    @kpearse99 I honestly don’t remember how it was. I was probably in 7th grade. My best friends dad is kind of redneck (no judgement to anyone whose redneck lol) and he would have all sorts of weird meats at the house. 
  • Options
    @justkeepswimming8 Yes Girl!!!!!  All of your training runs complete... that's incredible!  So happy for you!

My cleanse is going pretty good... on day 3 and lost 2 lbs in 2 days.  So I'm happy about that!  I am already feeling like myself again so I'm looking forward to feeling BETTER than my usual self by the end of Friday!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @MrsVP614 congrats! That’s an awesome win! 
  • Options

What healthy habit/s are you working on? I'm trying to get my resting heart rate lowered by doing more cardio (at least twice a week). I have an aversion to public places/people in general (I have sensory processing disorder and on autism spectrum), so I've been pushing myself to go to the gym despite that. It is so difficult--and requires a good pair of headphones + a steel resolve--but I'm proud of myself for making it to the gym multiple times in the past two weeks. I even signed up for the full membership today! I've also been adding in yoga at home to increase my muscle tone.

In terms of eating habits, I've been trying to cut out more processed or unhealthy snacks (kettle chips are a weakness for sure). I'm not trying to lose any weight at this point, but I wouldn't mind losing up to 5 lbs.

How's it going? Not horrible, but I've been having a lot of anxiety and nightmares (which wake me up every morning around 2-4 am), so I'm not sure what is going on this week. Maybe the fear of having a first child? Being a terrible mother? The stress of our impending move?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? My hubby took me hiking in one of my favorite places and then out for a wonderful steak dinner for my birthday!

GTKY: What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
    Hmmmm. I eat strange things all of the time I'm sure (as I love to experiment with flavors), so I have a hard time with this question. I eat a lot of foraged foods, so I would probably say The Weeping Milkcap mushroom (Lactarius volemus). It is a mushroom that oozes white latex that smells like rotten fish. The odor dissipates when it is cooked, and it tastes very meaty.

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    @flowntheloop Welcome! Kettle chips are my downfall. I can seriously eat an entire bag. Why do they have to be so good?? Good job pushing yourself to go to the gym. If you're having a difficult day, a hike or a walk might be a good option. My RHR is lowest when I run regularly, so don't think you have to be in a gym to make it happen.  :)
  • Options
    @ruby696 Oh really? :O What would you recommend for getting RHR down? I have the opportunity to get plenty of hiking in during the week (we are surrounded by forest), but I was unsure if this would be sufficient. I know that this won't be much of an option once yellowjacket breeding season rolls around (I have a nasty allergy that requires me to carry benadryl and an epi-pen). Thanks for the encouraging words!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    @flowntheloop I love mushrooms but that sounds a little toooo much haha

It's so great that you've been pushing yourself out of your comfort zone to go to the gym!  A little bit at a time!
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    @kpearse99 The odor is quite offputting, so I can understand the reluctance to try them! :D I don't eat them very often because the latex gets everywhere on the journey home. Also, my husband can't eat them anyway as he has a sensitivity to this particular species (along with a few others). 

And thanks! I'm trying to take it slow! It is surprising what we will/can do for this particular goal, isn't it? 
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited March 2019
    @flowntheloop When I started running I did a run/walk that was about 3 miles. My RHR went from 62 pre-o to 52 pre-o. I would think as long as you're hitting your target heart rate (150bpm or so), that should make a difference. Hiking up hill would do it or a speed walk or walk/run combo.

ETA: I went back through my Fitbit and realized my RHR was down to 55, not 52.
  • Options
    @keikilove The cleanse went really well last week!  We did great and felt amazing from it.  We gave ourselves some slack over the weekend, but we decided to do the juice cleanse again this week as well!
    Our TTC Journey