TTC After a Loss

March Randoms

13»

Re: March Randoms

• @40momma I’m sorry you are still going through this 
  • @40momma I’m so sorry this is continuing on for you. Have you had any other conversations with your doctor about how much longer they think this will go? Acupuncture could definitely be a good option! I hope things move along quickly for you! 
  • Loading the player...
  • ruby696  I got Liletta (apparently it's the off-brand of Mirena).  I didn't do copper because the point of this is that I'm hoping to not have a period again until I either decide to try IVF, OR decide to have an ablation/hysterectomy. 

chichiphin  I probably could get an urgent appt with my OB-GYN, the problem is now that this area's healthcare is switching over to UPMC (Hiss Hiss Boo Boo Grrrr), they NO longer have an ultrasound machine at the practice.  No seriously, I was going to have to go to the hospital for my 7 week ultrasound with the last PG.  So, I can't even go there to have them check, because they literally do not have the machinery to do so.  *rolls eyes*

I'm doing ok right now... not sure if it's cause I'm still hopped up on MOtrin or what. But I think I'll wait it out until after the 2 week mark is over (this wednesday) and see....  If not, I'll probably run to urgi-care for the ultrasound.  
  • @dpchickens I had liletta as well. uhm wtf what OBGYN practice doesnt have an U/S. also... I'm a creepy creep but UPMC is creeping closer and closer to where I am, so I guess I'm waving to you right now??
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @Mack2342 thank you, I feel like this has been the longest few months of my life and it's so hard to move on.

@char245 I have a consult with the doctor on Thursday to see where we should go from here. I'm guessing they will schedule me for a d&c after that. 
  • @40momma I'm sorry that you have to go through this drawn out process. I hope your appt on thursday brings you answers/a plan. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @40momma I imagine it’s hard to move forward.  I hope doctors appointments brings some answers so you can move forward 
  • @40momma Just want to say I'm so sorry you're still waiting. <3<3
  • @40momma I’m glad you’ll get some answers on Thursday but I’m sorry that something as difficult as this is dragging out so long. 
  • @40momma so sorry to hear this is dragging out, hope you are able to take some time for yourself.  You mentioned you were going to acupuncture before, you may want to consider going back to help get your body back in balance, perhaps it will help move things along.  Good luck with your appointment Thursday.
  • chichiphin Creeper!  :)  Just come knock on my door when you find me... the dogs love new people.  Bwahaha...

And yeah, the whole UPMC thing is pissing me off.  They've taken over our hospitals, and some of the doctor's offices (including my OB-GYN).  Not my family doctor YET but the family doctor and some other non-UPMC now take UPMC insurance and have switched to their new computer system.  So, if same thing happens in this area as has happened in Pittsburgh I'm F-ed.  They'll start taking ONLY UPMC insurance or else you have to find doctors NOT in UPMC... and since I work in a different state, and my therapist and some other doctors are in that state, it will be a disastrous mess.  Either I get the insurance that ALL my local care doctors take, but then can't go to my therapist I love/need and a few others... OR I stay with the insurance I have and love, and have a hard time finding new doctors to start this whole process over, BUT get to keep my therapist.  It gives me issues just thinking about it.

But I digress... yeah, the OB's office, where I'd had ultrasounds for my previous pregnancies, told me with the 5th one that I would HAVE to set up an appointment with the hospital for my 7 week ultrasound cause they don't have a machine.  I was like... da fuq?!?  Of course, these 'new rules' also were supposed to require me to drive to their office, to pee in a cup, so they could say "yup its positive!" and charge me a co-pay and test fee, THEN send me to the hospital for a beta quant... 
  • @dpchickens oof I'm so sorry you have to deal with that on top of everything else. My in laws are in pittsburgh and they HATE how they're stuck at UPMC for everything. They've tried to encroach on our area, but we have too many competing systems here I think. I really hope they aren't able to do a full takeover in your area. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• So we scheduled the d&c for next Thursday. As much as I really don't want this, I just want to move on. I'm not sure if we will be able to get any answers as even though Ill be over 15w since my LMP at the d&c, the CRL was measuring only about 6w. Not sure if there will be enough tissue to test. I've opted for full anesthesia as I can't stand the thought of hearing what's going on. I'm nervous and scared but ready to be done with this hell. 
  • @40momma I’m sorry. I’m glad you’re able to do full anesthesia. I was actually surprised how smoothly my d&e went, so I am hoping for the same for you. Will you be taking Friday off or days off prior? 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• 40momma  I'm so sorry. I had a D&C with my first MMC and it was a surprisingly smooth procedure. Just don't try to do too much too soon (physically).  
  • @40momma I’m sorry that you ended up having to do the D&C, but if it were me I would want to do it to find some closure with this also. Hopefully it goes smoothly. I didn’t even know they do that without anesthesia, I can’t even imagine not having had that.
  • @40momma I'm sorry you had to schedule the d&c, but like others have said, I'm glad you'll be able to finally move forward. I had full anesthesia with mine and it really is the best way to go. Hugs.  <3
  • Mack2342Mack2342 member
    edited March 2019
    @40momma I’m with the other ladies. I’ve had 3 d & c and all 3 went smoothly. I was out for each one and basically was able to go about normal activity next day.   Just try and lay low on exercise for a week or so.  I found that aggravated me with each one.  I had testing done on my last one and I only measured 5w3d.  DR told me he may not get enough tissue but they did and I did get answers so I hope that’s the same for you.  I hope all goes well.  
  • @40momma I’m so sorry you had to schedule the d&c, but I will say they were my easiest losses by far. It helped me start healing emotionally. Both of my procedures were for Mmc with growth stopping around 6 weeks. They were able to get enough for testing on both. Take a couple days off and take care of yourself. Sending hugs ❤️