Trouble TTC
Options

TTC Check-in: 03/18/2019

edited March 2019 in Trouble TTC
Hello ladies! 

Congratulations again to @prpl11butterfly on your BFP!!

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What movie(s) do you watch that is/are considered “comfort food” for you? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IUI.
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: irregular cycles and low morph RX: Letrozole 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: Clomid, trigger, and ti 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: retesting before appointment 

@lg1218

@emily1052 - 

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@raeleemoses

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?           

Re: TTC Check-in: 03/18/2019

• Options
    @estherjvb - I have never taken Lupron, so unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions or advice regarding it. Some ladies on here may have had some experience with it though. Hope you don’t get any nasty side effects with it and it’s pretty smooth sailing taking it! 

@inthewoods23 - any update on a consult date yet? 

@cigaline - please tell me you don’t have any more tests to complete?!?! lol

AFM: same old, same old. Just in the TWW. Expecting AF next Sunday. 

QOTW: I was (and really still am) a major “Lord of the Rings” fanatic when I was in junior and high school and still really enjoy watching those films. They kind of feel nostalgic for me since they came out when life just seemed easier than it did years later and does now. 
  • Options
    Sounds like I've missed a bit! Congrats @prpl11butterfly!

AFM: I went in this morning for US and the technician said the cyst appears to have gone away, only leaving a little bit of "residue" that should go away on it's own. So the plan is to finish up the birth control pack Wednesday, and wait for AF before continuing on to IUI. Fingers crossed.

We'll be out of town on vacation next week, but the tech seemed to think we could use today's scan as a baseline. 

QOTW: Anytime there's a Harry Potter marathon on TV, I'll watch it all day haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sincethelastday consult is scheduled for Thursday this week!

@chiblackhawkie that's great that the cysts have gone down!

AFM, it's been nice not having to remember taking letrozole and all that. *TW* my sister was due with her first last week Weds and we're still waiting. Still wondering how I'm going to react to this. We had been trying for about 8 months at the point they started trying so bitter feelings may bubble up *end TW*

QOTW: What movie(s) do you watch that is/are considered “comfort food” for you? 
    Can't go wrong with The Fifth Element (which we just watched last night) and there's a few Arnold Swarzenegger movies that are always good too.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @chiblackhawkie - that’s great to hear that the cyst seems to have disappeared and you can move forward with IUI next cycle! I know you were really eager to get going, so hope everything runs smoothly until AF arrives. Have a nice vacation as well - where are you going? 

@inthewoods23 - wow! That’s great that you were able to get in so quickly for your consult! It always seems to take forever to get an appointment in at my clinic, so I’m envious of how fast other clinics seem! 

It must be tough with your sister right now. Especially with just how IUI didn’t work and now you’re moving on to the next treatment. Does she and the rest of your family know about what you and YH have been going through? If so, I hope they, and especially your sister, are understanding of why this would be a difficult time for you. For me, it could be my sister or even my best friend who’s also going through IF and I’m sure I would still be bitter and jealous if they got pregnant. I would be happy, but I’m sure the sadness would still outweigh the happiness. 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday I haven't specifically mentioned anything to family and I have chosen not to mostly because they haven't even been close to being in the same boat about this as I have. Plus I'm not super close with my mom and sister. Like, I'm not one of those "my mom is my best friend and I tell her everything" kind of people. I've always been that way. My mom says when I would be upset and cry as a young kid I never wanted to be consoled and held. I'm very much a person to deal with my emotions alone. Except with DH, I like to get hugs from him.

I mentioned to DH the other day that maybe we should put a post out on FB so people know about it and mention that we just want people to be aware of it but we don't want to talk about it. DH was not happy about that saying he doesn't want a pity party. Oh well.

Our clinic doesn't seem to have a lot of patients which is ok with me. When I was first doing the IUIs there was almost never anyone else in the waiting area or the different exam rooms. It has picked up lately so maybe the end of the year is just a slow time for them.

My guess is they don't do the batching with IVF patients so we'll probably be moving along fairly quickly.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Bleh got AF yesterday. Going in tomorrow morning for ultrasound and bloodwork and will probably start clomid tomorrow evening. 

@estherjvb Thanks for your comment about Sbux from the previous thread... I had no idea they had such good part time employee insurance benefits! Just joined a facebook group called "Starbucks IVF mommas" and looking into it... I am not betting on TI + clomid working so this could be a way to avoid paying out of pocket.  

QOTW: I love Clueless with Alicia Silverstone  :D
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 *TW* Hope your sister and her kiddo are doing well... I also can't imagine what it feels like in your shoes. I know I get excited for my friends when they've announced their pregnancy/have baby showers... But I also can't help but also feel sad/depressed that that isn't our situation.*end TW*

So you're moving onto IVF? Sorry to hear IUI didn't work out, hopefully you have way better luck with the new treatment.

@sincethelastday Thanks! I think I'm just excited about having something else with a better success rate to try haha. We're going to Gulf Shores, Alabama - ready to walk along some beaches.

@nancinator Interesting about Starbucks! Hopefully your tests and US turn out well.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - I get where you’re coming from with thinking about posting on social media about IF. I’m pretty sure that if I ever get pregnant I would want to post something on FB. But until then, I don’t know. I go back and forth with it because on the one hand I want to be able to give people a hint that IF actually exists and to prevent any further comments about when we’re going to have kids, etc. But on the other hand, to put myself out there like that and be so vulnerable, it scares me. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!! 

@nancinator - ugh, sucks about AF, but at least you can start with the Clomid! Let us know how it goes! 

@chiblackhawkie - I’m envious about your trip and being able to enjoy some beaches! I’m still stuck in a melting, winter wasteland here lol (but at least it’s melting). 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday if anything, a pregnancy announcement on FB is when we'll mention it. Also we can't seem to trust my MIL with not saying things so we might wait until almost 3 months to tell them. Although she's really not on FB anymore so maybe she won't spill the beans.

At the same time, we've been trying for so damn long it will be nice to have part of a pregnancy without ANYone else knowing.

I barely got to bask in the glow of my engagement. I got hounded about changing my status to engaged AND I got hounded about changing my name of FB. I kept my maiden name on there until I had all the docs changed over.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    What do you guys think of the "keto diet" in relation to fertility? It sounds a little extreme plus I love carbs! Dr. Kiltz is the guy who runs the CNY clinic in NY that charges way less than most places. https://www.cnyfertility.com/about-us/fertile-food/
  • Options
    @sincethelastday At least it's melting.. this winter feels like it started earlier and lasted longer than usual.

@inthewoods23 Ugh.. family.

@nancinator From all the nutrition-professioned friends I have, they've all been against it for overall health. They stated it's better to have more balance in your life then that diet allows.

AFM: AF arrived this morning (after being off the pill for TWO nights, haha). Starting Clomid 100mg then heading into the office for my first US the Monday after I get back from vacation (CD 13), where if my body is still a creature of habit, I'll get the thumbs up to take the trigger and proceed to IUI.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - sounds like you and I may share the same MIL lol. She’s even told DH and I to not tell her until after 3 months when we’re ready for anyone to know, because she doesn’t think she would be able to not tell everyone else. 

@nancinator - to be honest, I feel overwhelmed with all the different fertility diets out there. Like, which one is “the one?!” I always thought the Keto diet sounds extreme (and really hard to do), but know a couple of people who seem to have had success with it. The majority of what I’ve read says that whole grains, whole dairy, a healthy dose of veggies and fruits, low sugar, and just having an overall balanced diet can increase your fertility so that’s what I’ve been trying to do (along with some vitamins).  Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a “one size fits all” diet that will work for everyone to get pregnant, just like IUI or IVF won’t work for everyone. Let us know if you try it out though and what you think! I’m with you on the carbs though - I would not be able to give those up!! 

@chiblackhawkie - yay to being able to start a new cycle and getting the gears going with IUI! Hope things progress smoothly! Keep us updated! 
  • Options
    I agree... there's no miracle diet but I will try and reduce my sugar/carb intake. Two of my friends have done the keto diet for 2/3 months and stopped because it is very difficult and isn't sustainable long term (no fruits!!) They did it for weight loss and shed the pounds though so I guess if it doesn't help my fertility, at least I'll look better  :D
  • Options
    @nacinator DH and I had done a weight loss program about 2 years ago. There was no cutting out foods, it was all teaching yourself to eat slower and really chew your food. There were a handful of things that they said wouldn't help with weight loss - like I think they said juice drinkers tend to not lose as much weight as others. The program is 10 weeks long or so and I lost 10lbs. My weight has crept up a tad (a few pounds) but I have otherwise kept that weight off.

AFM, my consultation for IVF went great! We'll get started in April at my next period, be on BC for 3 weeks, stim, retrieval, ICSI and PGD testing, freeze (they don't do fresh transfers), and then have the FET sometime in July. DH is happy that things are getting pushed off a bit. Gives us time to relax and puts a possible birthdate past the busy season for the robotics program we mentor. Timing probably couldn't be better (besides delaying things further). We're excited!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @sincethelastday Well, we had our consultation at the clinic and... guess what? One test isn't enough for the blood group, I have to go to Lab No.3 who the gynae promises me will carry out the two tests she asked for  :D
    Fingers crossed for no AF - our cycles are way out this time, I'm already on day 6 of the one after...

@chiblackhawkie Good luck as you start on IUI... should be joining you pretty shortly!
    @inthewoods23 That's great re your IVF meeting - and really glad to hear you're feeling more positive about the plan moving forward :-)

@nancinator I'm quite suspicious of any diet that involves cutting out things which are healthy for you (i.e. fruit in this case) so I wouldn't do it for fertility though maybe I would try it just for fun if I wasn't trying to get pregnant. But I'm really convinced that getting as varied a diet as possible is crucial for early development right from conception, so I'm trying hard to eat a wide range of foods from all food groups and especially fruit and veg.

AFM, I somehow got the time wrong and we were a few minutes late for our appointment yesterday, and the consultant didn't seem nearly as friendly as the first time, but anyway, she said our file was complete (except for the blood group card) and sent me to register with the team upstairs for IUI in May. Yes, slightly disappointingly I've not only missed this cycle (since I was already day 5 when I saw her) but they are closed in April, so it won't be until mid-late May probably before we can start the IUI cycle. I can't decide whether I'm disappointed or pleased that we get 2 more chances to try on our own. Oh, and the other thing that happened was that we got the results of DH's sperm analysis and... it came out as just normal! I couldn't believe it. The mobility had gone up to 35% for type a+b (fast and slow together) and normal is >32%. I can't remember what the figures were for the first one he did about 3 years ago but they were around 12 and only a year ago they were 25. So maybe the supplements did work some sort of a miracle after all...

QOTW: Funny you asked this after ending up spending Sunday evening watching Bridget Jones' baby when it came on TV. BJ definitely counts as comfort food, though perhaps watching the one about her pregnancy was not such a good idea (duh). But still, she happens to live in the area of London where I lived, so it makes for very nostalgic watching these days, reminding me of all the places I used to go :-) And I do love Emma Thompson in the drily sarcastic gynaecologist role!

• Options
    @inthewoods23 - glad to hear your consult went well! It also sounds like having the transfer in July is going to work well for you and YH just to give a bit of time in between to hopefully relax and not have TTC on the mind so much. I am curious to know why some clinics only do FET? I’ve heard other members mention this before and I wonder the reason behind it. 

@cigaline - you have got to be kidding about having to go to a third lab?! I would be pissed! Saying all that, glad you were able to get an estimated date of when you can start IUI. Although we’re not succinct with our cycles anymore, it sounds like we may be starting IUI at the same time. I’m fully preparing myself to hear at my April 2nd appointment that they’ll want to do some retesting, so by the time that happens and my cycle comes around again, it most likely will be May. Here’s hoping, because I’m done with waiting and just want to start IUI! 

Great news about the SA results!! That must have been wonderful to hear! 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday my understanding from my research and watching YouTube videos is that the increase in success is related to a more optimal environment at the time of transfer.

Your body needs time to recover from the retrieval process and for some people the 5 days to developing embyros probably isn't enough time. I think FET is also required if you end up with OHSS due to the need to recover from it. Also if you choose to do the PGS or PGD testing, it takes weeks to get those results so the embyros have to be frozen before you can even consider which one(s) to transfer.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - that all makes good sense! Thanks for the explanation - I was always curious about that. 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday feels good to have a clue about all this for once 😆 idk what I would do without having all these lovely ladies to talk to!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    nancinatornancinator member
    edited March 2019
    Have a lovely weekend, ladies! Thought I'd share this article I read this week about fertility and IVF and PGS... learned a lot and still learning everyday...

https://www.thecut.com/2017/09/ivf-abnormal-embryos-new-last-chance.html