November 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check-In Nov 1-8, w/o 3/18

edited March 2019 in November 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: Questions:

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?

Re: Group 1 Check-In Nov 1-8, w/o 3/18

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 4 / 7 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: First OB 3/28

How are you feeling?: I feel good in the mornings.  But once mid-afternoon hits, I get nauseous and dizzy on and off until I'm in bed at night.

Rants/Raves: Questions: Working full time during the first trimester is tough, I need a nap!

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?  Dominican Republic - beautiful beaches!  I'd love to visit Italy or France!
  • @doglover87 I’ve been getting dizzy spells too, hate it! If you love beautiful beaches and want to go to both France and Italy I highly recommend Corsica! It belongs to France but is closer to Italy and it is gorgeous! I was there for a couple days last September and wish I could’ve stayed longer.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: nov 4/ 7w today 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 3/25 just one more week to get through!

How are you feeling?: nausea is coming back full force today after somewhat of a reprieve the last 4 days. Also very tired. Haven’t worked out in 3 days which isn’t helping my mood

Rants/Raves: Questions: Got to see my friends from back home this weekend, we’ve all been friends since high school, middle school for some of them, one I’ve known since I was 3. They all still live in NY so I only see them a few times a year, one lives in CA now and I hadn’t seen him since August so that was awesome too.  

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Best vacation was probably my honeymoon. We did 3 weeks in Europe and went to Switzerland, Italy, France and Germany. Besides that being a dream of a vacation, my next dream vacation is any of those tropical islands that have cabanas over the water!
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/3, 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry or a berlingot candy

Upcoming Appointments: next monday for first u/s

How are you feeling?: ugh, mostly terrible. just exhausted, nauseous, and no food looks or sounds appealing.

Rants/Raves: Is Monday over yet? I'm stuck on a terrible project and I just can't even pretend to care anymore.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: My favorite vacation was to Ireland a few years ago! My dream tourist vacation is to go to Germany, and my dream relaxing vacation is to go to Turks and Caicos. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2 7+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Brookesia micra chameleon or blueberry (Husband and I called it lizard berry all weekend.

Upcoming Appointments: 3/26- first prenatal visit with my new midwife.

How are you feeling?: I had the worst nausea of my pregnancy so far this morning. I get dead tired between 3-5PM every day, but otherwise I'm feeling fine.

Rants/Raves: My husband. He has been going out of his way to take care of me. I can't wait to see him as a dad.

Questions: Dying to know if I'll get an ultrasound at my first appointment. I might call the office and ask.

GTKY: Our honeymoon was amazing. We spent a week in the French Riviera, and a week in Portugal at Christmas time. If I were rich I'd spend every Christmas in Europe. It was so much fun.

• Est Due Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/08 - 6w3d

Upcoming Appointments: April 3 aka forever away 

How are you feeling?: Mostly good minus being moody and peeing every 30 min. 

Rants/Raves: I’ve started getting waves of nausea over anything that smells too strong. I made a dip to take to something last night and ate some of it when I got there but now I can’t eat any that’s left because I can’t stand the smell of it. 

Questions: none ATM

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? my honeymoon to Riviera Maya in Mexico. DH and I talked about going to Europe in the fall before we found out we were pregnant. So that’ll probably be our next trip in about 2ish years. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w3D

Baby is the size of a(n):  Blue Berry

Upcoming Appointments:  March 27th

How are you feeling?:  Tired and TMI, but having a lot of diarrhea.

Rants/Raves:  My rant of the week, my sister announce to EVERYONE, at her babyshower, I was pregnant.  I was so mad and so overwhelmed by emotions.  My mother didn't even know yet and she was in shock.  Everything's fine now, but I wanted to wait before telling everyone and on my terms.

Questions:  /

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?  Best vacation was Peru.  It was a school program that would allow kids, who could pay their part, to travel.  It was Peru when I joined.  My dream vacation is for me, SO and the kids to go visit his family in Hong Kong.  His mother, father and siblings are here in Canada but his other relatives still live in Hong Kong.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  •  Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/02 7.2

Baby is the size of a(n): altoid 

Upcoming Appointments: March 25th

How are you feeling?: bloated af, hungry and soooo tired 

Rants/Raves: Read above! But really I’m stoked as long as this means things are going well. Coming off a miscarriage over Christmas so a little gun shy Still. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? Went to australia for my 30th birthday 
  • fmar8fmar8 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 7 / 6 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: first prenatal appt on April 1st

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good. still getting nauseous if I don’t eat every few hours and still pretty tired all the time. 

Rants/Raves: my soon to be mother-in-law told my fiancé’s brother and wife we are expecting before we could. I know she’s excited, this is her first grandchild but we wanted to tell people when and how we wanted. 

Questions: none at the moment. 

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? I went to England last May with my boyfriend (now fiancé), brother, and sister-in-law and went to a bunch of different places. 
  • Est Weeks + Days: est. 7wks 1d

Baby is the size of a: blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: My first appt is April 1st @ 9w-1d however I might have to reschedule until after I get back from Spring Break which puts me at 11wks. My OB is fine with waiting, she said “on the bright side you’ll get a better first picture if you wait”

How are you feeling?: Mostly fatigue once 4pm hits. Sore boobs have pretty much subsided. Random cramps. Very heightened sense of smell. 

Rants/Raves: Questions: DH and I have opted to tell anyone until after our 1st appt but I’m becoming oh so tempted to spill the beans to at least one person! 

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Hmm well DH and I visit a new big city every year, however my go to most relaxing place to vacation is Lake Tahoe, CA/NV (we spend at least a week there each year). I don’t really have a dream vacation destination, Hawaii was coming up on our list but this baby may set us back a couple years (we’re going to take a break on traveling until this LO is 2). 
  • @mamaee Hawaii is on my bucket list. I doubt we'll ever get there though since it is so pricey and it's probably cheaper to go other warm places. I hate the super smell symptom. 

@fmar8 sorry your MIL spilled the beans. I also loved England so much and want to go back.

@knottiebbedc91f3fd1d9e6Australia is on my list too! Maybe change your user name when you have a minute? The knotty one is long and hard to remember.

@christalfung oh no, I'm sorry your sister told everyone that at the shower. That would upset me too. 

@Rawa1416 isn't it the worst when you can eat something, and then suddenly you can't anymore? 

@doglover87 I'm also usually okay in the morning, but as the day goes on I get worse. Working is so hard during first tri. Then it gets hard again in third tri when you have to pretend you care but you really DGAF, lol.

@kopp5988 I'm glad you weren't totally nauseous for the wedding weekend! 
  • Anyone else basically turn vegetarian? I can't eat or even smell meat.. ugh I kind of really miss bacon... 
  • @stillinshockno4 I've had some aversions to meat/poultry/fish.  It's tough when I know that I enjoy it - but suddenly I don't!  Luckily MH is a vegetarian so he already has protein options for me ready to go!
  • I’m sorry for everyone else that is nauseous! It sucks!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 8 / 6w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea!

Upcoming Appointments: not until April 10 but I have been calling to see if there have been cancellations before that. 

How are you feeling?: nauseous and tired. I started B6/Unisom 3 times a day so hopefully that helps otherwise I’m gonna need a prescription for something. I can’t function and puking in public is a huge phobia for me so I don’t want to go anywhere. 

Rants/Raves: Moana, the iPad and YouTube kids are my best friends right now for my toddler! I’m home with her until April 1st so we are surviving on goldfish and pouches and screentime.

Questions: none 

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?
    We took a big family vacation to Hawaii awhile ago. My parents, my 2 brothers and their SOs and my now husband. I’m looking forward to taking our kids to Disney one day when they are older!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6+6!

Baby is the size of a(n): Honeybee!

Upcoming Appointments: 1st appointment 4/2, I feel like that is a big milestone and I'm nervous but excited for it!

How are you feeling?: I'm hanging in there...doing well with staying active but over the last few days I've had some mild nausea at night and I'm pretty tired. I think I need to adjust my food schedule because it seemed like I got nauseated last night after a bigger meal.

Rants/Raves: My husband is being so cool! I am genuinely enjoying how connected this is making us feel!

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Sedona, Arizona...it is just gorgeous and there's great food and awesome hikes and it was just such a relaxing vacation. I'd love to do a bike tour in Italy someday!

• @stillinshockno4 yup! I used to eat chicken or turkey once or twice a day, now the thought of it is just nope. In fact most protein sources and vegetables are having this effect on me. I brought lentil vegetable soup for lunch today and I’m having to really force it down ugh.
  • @christalfung @fmar8 I don't understand why certain family members cannot let you tell people on your own terms! I'm sorry you went through this! My MIL told my SILs who then in turn told my step MIL. I don't mind them knowing, and frankly we knew MIL couldn't keep a secret, but it's still very frustrating! It takes away our opportunity to share such a special and unique moment, and it also makes me feel like I'm being talked about behind my back if that makes sense lol. 

@stillinshockno4 I am having a very hard time with chicken specifically,  or anything remotely greasy or too flavorful haha. I actually haven't really been able to eat vegetables either thought lol, I'm really struggling to stay nutritious. 

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: November 2/ 7 weeks 4 days

Baby is the Size of a: blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: nothing scheduled with my current ob until April 1. But,  we are taking a tour of a birth center tonight and I really hope to switch my care to them ASAP! I'm very excited even though it's not an actual appointment yet. 

How Are You Feeling?: so nauseous, soooooo nauseous. After lunch is the absolute worst. Very moody as well. 

Rants/ Raves: I'm starting to plan my little sister's wedding shower and I LOVE planning parties! It's tough making things work with everyone's busy schedules, but I truly wish I could be a professional party planner lol.

GTKY: our best vacation was our honeymoon in Greece! We went to Athens and Santorini and it was magical. Last year we went to a couple locations in Austria and Germany and my dream would be to go back to the lake/ mountain region of Austria. We didn't spend nearly enough time there to really enjoy it. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean

Upcoming Appointments: 3/27 (so close!)

How are you feeling?: a little nauseous. Discovered if I eat a little bit every hour on the hour it helps. Otherwise I'm so hungry all the time!

Rants/Raves: I cant wait to tell my immediate family and in-laws the news. I'm a little worried that my mil might blab to her friends (and church) before we're ready. Funny thing though, my mom (the only who knows) walked in on my grandma making a baby blanket for me..2 weeks ago. She has no clue but knows we were hoping to start trying. 

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? We went to Belize for our honeymoon: super humid, but absolutely amazing. I would love to go to Scotland/London.
  • Just had my first us and I’m measuring 5w5d so my new edd is 11/14...adios group 1
  • @christalfung and @fmar8 that is so frustrating, I'm so sorry that happened to both of you. Last pregnancy, my MIL told a lot of people right after we told her, even though we said not to tell yet, so this pregnancy we aren't telling her until we're ready for everyone to find out.

@mamaee @creamcheeseplease We just took a trip to Hawaii a couple of months ago celebrating DH's PhD graduation and it was beautiful! Things were pretty expensive there, but the flight was cheaper than it might have been since it was domestic, but it was a looooong flight from the east coast, just for that I'm not sure it was worth it!

@stillinshockno4 it's the opposite for me - I'm vegetarian and I've been really craving chicken!

@alm52386 I'm sorry you're feeling so nauseous, I hope it gets better soon!

@sassafras917 I hope the tour goes well, a birth center is a nice compromise between homebirth and hospital birth, but there aren't any local to me. Have fun with the wedding shower! My big sister hosted mine, too, and it was so nice :) Since we got married a few months apart from each other, I planned hers a few months earlier!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6+6 today

Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee

Upcoming Appointments: Mar 25, but I won't get my first US, I'll have to schedule it afterward since my midwives refer out for US.

How are you feeling?: I've been getting more nauseous lately, last night was really bad because I couldn't eat dinner and just got more and more nauseous since I wasn't eating and nothing was appealing. It's so counter-intuitive that to feel better from nausea I have to eat, but nibbling on some crackers eventually helped.

Rants/Raves: I ate my lunch at 10:30 today since I was starting to feel hungry/nauseous, and basically as soon as I finished eating and got back to work I was hungry again.

Questions: none atm

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? My best vacation with my family was to Scotland, we spent some time in Edinburgh at the huge August festival and some time in the beautiful highlands, visiting a castle that was converted into a bed and breakfast. It's so beautiful there! Since I went to Hawaii recently, and Kilauea wasn't flowing anymore, I would love to go somewhere I can see live lava flowing, like Chile!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/7.......6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee

Upcoming Appointments: friday

How are you feeling?: Anxious

Rants/Raves: Mostly rant.....so my symptoms were in full force this weekend especially sunday i could barely get off the couch and was falling asleep every 20 min and nausea like no other. Monday morning and everyday since then I've felt like my symptoms have been fading....I am starting to get really worried TW (i had a missed MC oct 18) and i fear that my lack of symptoms is meaning this pregnancy isn't progressing. 

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Best vaca was honeymoon in mexico....it was perfect weather perfect drinks perfect company! Dream vaca would be a 2 week hawaii trip to see all the islands (or the good ones at least). 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6th Nov, 7w today

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry or brookesia micra chameleon

Upcoming Appointments: 1st OB on 25th March (would wait til post 8w but I go to England for 7 weeks on 26th!)

How are you feeling?: random bouts of tiredness & a little headachey, occasionally crampy, slightly sore nipples but otherwise fine

Rants/Raves: hubby away for work & dog acting up because he misses him, I’ve had to throw away 2 pairs of chewed sneakers this week (one from each pair!)

Questions: none

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? Honeymoon in Borneo was amazing as was my medical elective 12 weeks “working” ie going on lots of safari in Tanzania. I’d love to go to Australia
  • @geshem we really liked the birth center! I still have a few reservations, mostly the fear of transferring mid labor if something isn't right. But, I do think we're going to end up here.  They have really good stats.

Wedding planning for sisters is awesome! My little sis jokes that I'm her unofficial wedding planner haha. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  Nov 8th / 6w+6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate Seed

Upcoming Appointments: 4/5 for my 2nd appt which will include an ultrasound

How are you feeling?: UGHHHHH - So terrible.  I need a nap to get through until lunch time when I can find something to choke down and not feel so nauseous.  Ginger Tea is the only thing making me functional.

Rants/Raves: Questions: WHEN DO WE FEEL BETTER?!?!?!

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation?  Best Vacation was my honeymoon to Hawaii, went to Kauai and the Big Island and it was AMAZING.  Dream Vacation is probably Disney.  I have been but I always want to go back...not pregnant though.
  • edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 7 / 7 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry or Coffee Bean

Upcoming Appointments: March 28 for our Ultrasound! I'll be 8 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, nauseous, bloated, heavy (even though they're small 😂) sore boobs, HUNGRY but don't feel like eating and now I have a cold 😑 but so unbelievably excited!!!!!

Rants/Raves: Everything above but hate the unknown and waiting!! We've had a blighted ovum and then one chemical mc so we are hoping for this one to be our little miracle double rainbow 🌈🌈 I'm so excited to start showing 😋

GTKY: What is your dream vacation? I think a babymoon with my bump and my amazing husband on a beach with palm trees everywhere and the waves crashing on the sand would be nice... 💕😴
  • @geshem & @sassafras007 it's ok now.  I did want to do a cute announcement with my other kids, I'll probably still do it for our Hong Kong family (SO's family), since they still don't know lol but my family already knows :neutral:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD: 11-5-19 / 7 weeks 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: 3-28-19 set up my first appointment

How are you feeling?: nauseous, tired and achy

Rants/Raves: Questions: why am I getting stretch marks so soon

GTKY: What was the best vacation you ever took? What is your dream vacation? To Florida/ vacation to Smokey mountains