April 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly check-in w/o 3/19

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now?

Re: Weekly check-in w/o 3/19

• Options
    Due date: 4/1, medically-indicated induction scheduled for 3/25

Any appointments? Questions? Appointments today went well! Baby's cord flow is excellent even though the baby is small.

Rants/Raves? Rave: So happy I didn't need to get induced today. Baby is healthy and in really good shape. H and I brought our bags in the car just in case, but it was stressful and I regretted not having a more substantial breakfast and better night's sleep. Now I get a do-over... No rants here. I'm so ridiculously happy that baby is ok.

How are you feeling? Great. Anxious. Excited. The OB said the baby has fully dropped and my cervix is ready to go, which made her very happy. Because baby is small, the OB thinks baby will slip right out. (This is a bit of a flip-flop from what the OB told me at first when she examined my small pelvis but didn't yet know the baby was small.) Induction should go really well, unless of course the baby has his/her own plans and comes early! Very few uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Finished up some work deadlines so I'm ready for maternity leave. Also H and I went and talked to another pediatrician that I think we're going to go with.

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now? Where and how firearms are stored in our home to prevent accidental injuries by the future LOs. I want ammo and unloaded firearms stored separately and locked. He wants loaded and locked. We haven't resolved it, but I'm considering offering a compromise on loaded but always behind multiple locks (fingerprint, combo, and key). I know this is possibly a really touchy subject in general in a public forum, but if it was easy to resolve, we would have resolved it already...

• Options
    Due date: 11-Apr-2019

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment is Thursday afternoon. I'm debating asking my doc about my pelvic pain. Its recently gotten so much worse. I had a fall the other night because when I stood up, there was so much pain in my pelvis that my legs gave out from under me. No injuries, so no big deal, but wondering what might be going on to cause that much pain. On the one hand, its so close now that even if she were to diagnose something, I would probably have already had the baby by the time I get a physio appt. On the other hand, what if there is something other than regular pubic bone pain going on? 

Rants/Raves? Hired some research assistants at work and they are SO great! I was stressed about some red tape that prevented me from hiring them earlier, and I wanted more time to train them, but they are only 2 days in and already killing it. Feeling so much better already!

How are you feeling? Sore, exhausted, over being pregnant.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Not really, nursery is just about ready to go and the go bag is packed! Now I'm just working on finishing up some things at work so I'm not too stressed come mat leave.

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now? I'm all for exposing our kid to lots of extra-curricular activities (once they're, you know, not a baby). DH doesn't want to overload them or us. Not saying I want our kid to be a pro at everything, but just a little bit of exposure to lots of different things so that when they do get older, they've got a foundation for something they might be really passionate about! Still unresolved, I think we're at the "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" agreement.

@loveanddatadriven that's a tough one! And you're right, if it were easy to resolve it would be resolved already. I believe in Canada guns and ammo have to be stored separately in locked cabinets, so for us we don't have to worry about the disagreement, because the law has made the decision for us. I know in the states though, the legislation is variable all over. Hope you guys find a solution! FWIW, it sounds like you both really want to be very safe, just have different ideas about what that looks like in practice. PS: your induction is so soon! Good luck! You'll do amazing :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb You should tell your doctor! Your doctor might have suggestions to help immediately. I hope you feel better soon.

I liked that my parents exposed me to lots of extracurriculars as a kid. There are some motor activities that are just so much easier to learn as a kid than as an adult: swimming, downhill skiing, ice skating, horseback riding, water skiing, gymnastics, playing piano or other instruments. I'm not a pro at any of those activities, but I love that if the situation calls for me to jump on a horse or mule (ex. riding into the Grand Canyon), I can competently ride.
  • Options
    EDD 4/26. It feels so far away. 

Appointments: weekly BPP Thursday, plus regular ob. 

Rant: it’s free ice cream cone day tomorrow at DQ and this is the first year I won’t be able to get one because of this bleeping GD. Are you all tired of hearing how much I hate GD yet? Lol. Also, DD has only napped two days of the last ten. I just want a mid day break and maybe a nap of my own while I have the chance. 

Rave: DD’s room is done and my to do list before baby is much shorter now. 

Feeling: totally exhausted. The reflux has been completely insane despite tums and Zantac and sleeping upright. Over it. 

Baby prep: washed a bunch more clothes. I have two more boxes of hand me downs to go through. I picked up his changing pad cover and the art prints, so all I need is the sheets, crib skirt, and curtains to make the nursery his own. 

GTKY: not much, actually. We were raised pretty similar. Though I have strong opinions about things and he really doesn’t. Which can be annoying in itself. We disagreed about CIO, but haven’t run into much else. Honestly, I think my biggest frustration is that I feel like I’m making ALL of the parenting decisions on my own, and I’d rather share the burden. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/23 but set to induce the week of the 8th if I don’t go into labor on my own. 

Not till next week, i’ll start antenatal testing and have my 36 week appt 

Rants/Raves? 

I had a surprise work shower today. It was really sweet and totally unexpected.

Also I have no idea what made me decide 34 weeks was a good time to start projects but it was not the wisest choice. So much to do .

How are you feeling? 

Tired, sore, like my insides are a punching bag and like I’m walking around with a bowling ball between my legs. Freaking over being pregnant. 

Continuing the great purge of 2019, lol. Pulled everything out of the linen closet in our bedroom and packed up/threw away a bunch of stuff to make room for where I’m relocating all the kid/baby things. 

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now?

We don’t totally see eye to eye on screen time. My DH doesn’t agree with the amount I’d like to cut down, though he is okay with cutting it down some. He also doesn’t think nature documentaries really count since they are educational. We only have one tv/tv area so balancing him having some tv time with DD having no tv time is a work in progress. I wish we had more space. We could also put a tv in our bedroom and he could watch there while she’s tv free in the living room, but tv free bedroom was my call and it could make things worse. So no real solid answer yet. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Due date: 4/24

Any appointments? Questions? Check up Thursday.

Anyone else is still not getting Braxton Hicks? I know this is kinda silly, I mentioned it to my midwife and she was totally unconcerned but I'm still feeling a bit weird about it, considering that everything says that they are likely to be happening by now.

Rants/Raves? Generally, people have been very nice and supportive of me being pregnant and it's been very sweet. For example, we stopped by some friends' this weekend and basically I took a nap in their bed while everyone else hung out.

How are you feeling? Does it even make sense to keep saying tired? I swear I spent 1/2 of the weekend asleep and I am still tired. Heartburn-y. The hip pain and back aches while standing that I appear to have previously had pretty mild are now out in force.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Went to my first breast feeding class (1 out of 2); and it was both good and a bit daunting -- sure seems like there is a lot to learn and I'm sure most of it will be hands-on but still, seems a lot... Otherwise, trying to get my leave of absence paperwork done is a top priority, then maybe working on some freezer meals?

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now? For some reason, the thing that popped into my head is a disagreement we had about kids' hair. I said something like, "ugh I will just keep them all shorn short until they are interested in hair care and willing to learn how to manage their own hair". Partially I said this because I ran around as a kid with really long, messy hair that I only realized was kinda gross much later; and also partially because there's so much marketing and consumerism around hair care and hair products (mostly directed towards women) that I don't want to add to indoctrinating my kids. But my partner, who is Black, had a pretty strong reaction to the idea of default shaving the hair of Black children as, especially in America, that has plenty of troubling precedents. Honestly, not sure where we stand on this now... I think I acknowledged his points as valid, but I still don't really want to spend a lot of time or money doing my kids' hair so unless it's something they express a lot of interest in, I'm still inclined to keep it short.

• Options
    @mesweettea talk to your partner and/or his female relatives about how to care for his hair texture. Who knows if that’s how the baby’s hair will turn out (my cousin’s kids are mixed and they all have non-kinky textures, while DH’s cousin’s mixed kids all have kinky hair), but there are almost certainly styles that are easier to maintain and styles that are time/money intensive. 
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven I'm curious as to whether there is a visible difference in your bump pre-drop and post-drop.

@HGRich thanks for the tip about DQ. I'm sorry you can't enjoy it this year. :-(

@mesweettea I think I have not had BH. I dunno, I don't know what to look out for and so many women have had different experiences of what it is and feels like that I'm not sure if I've experienced it or not.

My MIL mentioned I'm not waddling yet, my baby hasn't dropped, and I'm not having false contractions based on what hers were like. Although I'm 38 weeks, so 🤷‍♀️ Sorry Grandma, maybe baby will never come. 😝
  • Options
    Due date: 
    4/9

Had my 37 week appt today. Have to go in for another growth and fluid level check ultrasound tomorrow. My doctor talked more detail about the plan if I hemmorage again. Which actually helped with my anxiety

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Ready to go. Still 1cm and thick. But I’ve been have more contractions and baby had dropped some

Washed some more clothes I found and washed the cat seat. 

Like @kate_e_nb said DH and I don’t agree on the number of activities the kids do. When I was growing up my parents let us try whatever sports/activities we wanted. So I want to expose my kids to different ones so that they can find one they love. Our agreement now is they can’t be in anymore than 2 at a time.(which means only two days a week at their ages)

@loveanddatadriven firearms and anmo storage is not negotiable in our house. If he wants them in the house they have to be store properly. Guns are locked, unloaded, in a safe. Anmo is locked in a separated cabinet. Kids aren’t allowed in the basement when cleaning. And his pistol is in a sepetate safe in the garage. We do disagree on what age the kids can start hunting.  

• Options
    Due date:  4/16/19

Any appointments? Questions? Had an appt today and got scheduled for an u/s Monday. We're on the weekly appts from here on out. Per the Dr. I'm 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. 

Rants/Raves? 

Rant: my drs intern came in today and told me I'd gained too much weight. My Dr didn't seem concerned, but the student was all about how I needed to slow down. 

Rave: my hubby is so supportive and has the best sense of humor at Dr appts.

How are you feeling? Everything hurts!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  Our nursery is pretty set up and bag is packed!

Eek! I can't think of anything, but I'm sure I'll find all the things in a few months! 

• Options
    @mesweettea I’m hardly having any BH, can probably count on one hand.  I don’t think I had a ton last time either.

You could also just not be feeling them. They aren’t always super noticeable. 

If I am getting them it’s probably not when I’m sitting and more aware so I could just be missing them. I definitely remember contractions and know I haven’t had any yet. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @loveanddatadriven my husband and I don't agree on gun and ammo storage, either. He says guns locked and ammo separate but unlocked right next to the guns. I say guns locked and ammo locked in seperate locations. He says it's not necessary. I say it is.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven, guns are a sore point for us as well.  My husband is a police officer, so keeps them in his home office safe unloaded but with the ammo there as well.  He also wants to teach our kiddos proper gun handling/safety at a rather young age, and I say no way (he seems to think around 7 or 8, I think he's crazy).  I hate that we have weapons in the house at all, it's been a tough one to compromise on.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lyse01 probably a good approach, except my partner was trans-racially adopted, so no relatives to seek relevant advice from. But hair texture isn’t really what I’m worried about: it’s more about having long hair or complicated hair styles as something to be opt-in instead of default. As kids, my sister and I just had long hair and my brothers had short hair, no discussion. If my kid is excited about having their hair done, I would definitely acquiesce and could probably help them figure out the texture concerns (mixed race myself with a kinda in-between hair texture).

Anyway, all pretty frivolous compared to the gun safety concerns. That seems like a much tougher issue to have to navigate and I wish you guys luck on resolutions that everyone feels safe with!

@thatbaintforbetty @mighty_montgomery thanks! I think it was just one of those things where I wanted to hear other people say “yeah that happened to me” (or not happen, in this case). Definitely possible that I just haven’t noticed them because this baby seems to move a lot and I attribute most sensations to movement but... still, it was making me feel like an odd one out. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4-23

Any appointments? Next week 36 week ultrasound and such. Probably the swab...

Questions? Not really  baby seems to have dropped, or at least my mobility has and my cervix hurts more often  

Rants/Raves? Pain  ugh  😑 

Rave- I slept 8 hrs last night (with 5 pee breaks in between) but still  8 hrs total! 

How are you feeling? So much sore nerve pain. Prilosec really made a dent in the heartburn  it’s basically gone!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Not really  

With baby 1 it was if a fan should be on in the room with her. I won that with science and strong opinions (cuts risk of sids significantly to have a fan on)

With this guy we disagreed on name and whether to circumcise but it seems we both are on the same page now (not snipping) (Jackson middle name unclear) 

• Options
    Due date: 4/2

Any appointments? Questions? Plain old ob appt this week, NST/ultrasound/ob appt coming up. Will need to sort out whether I try to bring DH along for the u/s or not.

Rants/Raves? Rave: work on the house is making progress!! We may have a floor before a baby. Probably not a washer though.

How are you feeling? Rave 2: feeling GREAT. After a lot of time with back pain this pregnancy, and a lot of time recently being straight up exhausted, it’s good to feel so physically well. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I emptied the bag that is destined to become the hospital bag. And DH and I talked through medical interventions/pain relief from the birth class that he’s given up on doing.

Mmm...well, guns are a current topic of discussion. I’m also a believer in them being locked unloaded in a gun safe with ammo locked separately. DH thinks that might be overkill, but also the direction the law is going. I also have more experience with guns but no actual desire to have them in my house, especially with a child like DD that is an engineering savant. We have yet to discuss an age where to teach gun safety, but it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me for a 7 or 8 year old to be highly supervised when a parent is cleaning or using a gun. Child personality dependent, of course. 

Diapers: the parent that finds the poopy diaper cleans it, I say. The parent that finds the poopy diaper gives it to mommy to clean because I don’t want to have to get poop out of her vagina, he says. The compromise is that he usually dumps her in the shower if I’m not around to handle it. Honestly I hope this one’s a boy so I can use the tactic against him (soooo petty).

The biggest issue is probably one of mental overhead re parenting. I do a lot more research on topics than he does to make informed choices about parenting and want us to have deliberate discussions about the methods or goals we use. For instance, I want more Montessori style toys than one-purpose plastic noisemakers, because from what I’ve read and seen, it fosters more independence and creativity. DH doesn’t really read the articles I send him or sit down to engage me on the topic and ends up spending $100 on plastic noisemakers on Christmas Eve. We haven’t really resolved this, and I’m not sure how to.

• Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? Dentist today, prenatal and NST on Friday

Rants/Raves? I gave my notice Monday so of course this week and next is going to drag on endlessly. I'm ready to start my new position!

How are you feeling? Ready to have this baby! Really tired, my stomach feels tighter by the minute and she seems to favor my right rib cage so I'm constantly hurting.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? We're pretty much ready to go.

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now? We haven't had this issue yet as it's our first, but I'm sure it's coming! So far everything we've talked about we've agreed on. I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad one but I'll take it.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery I didn't notice a change in the way my bump looked, and I was looking closely. H noticed when baby dropped, though. He informed me that he could feel a new "bony lump" in my vadge... :D When the OB happily exclaimed that baby was very low and in a good position for birth, H gave me some serious "I told you so" eye contact.
  • Options
    s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited March 2019
    I just got out of the 38 week appointment.
    Bad: protein in urine was at a 3 (which I was told means a lot), I had bloodwork done and am waiting on results, and I have a 24 hour urine catch to do.
    Good: I haven't had headaches, blurry or spotty vision, or facial swelling. OB says I am 3cm dilated and 60% effaced. She said baby could come either very soon or weeks from now and to watch for water breaking, true contractions, or the mucus plug and spotting. She also said to help avoid further complications I need to hydrate as much as possible, avoid salty foods, and eat healthy. She also said to continue walking is good. My OB said that if the bloodwork and urine catch come back poorly, my being 3cm is favorable to being able to avoid a C-section; they should be able to just start my body's labor process and let it continue on its own.
    Do y'all have any insight on this or notice anything that doesn't sound correct from my OB?
  • Options

@mighty_montgomery I don't have personal experience with it but if your bishop score is good (cervix is dilating and effacing, baby is low/engaged) then you'll likely have a favorable induction. Sounds like your OB is on point.

It's much more likely that induction will fail if you're not dilated/effaced at all, baby is still in a high position, etc.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery I’ve never had elevated proteins or pre-e but from what I’ve read/researched (if I remember it’s a fairly common complication with GD) that all sounds like the standard and correct course of action. Definitely keep an eye out for any of the signs since I think they can come on suddenly.

And if your cervix is already starting to dilate/efface and baby is low & engaged that definitely makes an induction more likely to be favorable should the need arise. Fingers crossed that baby decides to make their appearance sooner rather than later and everything goes smooth! 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Due date: 4/1

Any appointments? Questions?  38 week appointment today. I have progressed to 2cm but still pretty thick. Had the option to do a sweep but said no because I don't want to progress further quicker than needed. (Hubby is deployed and approved to fly home on the 29th, so crossing my fingers baby waits!)

Rants/Raves? We are stationed in Spain and there are certain laws about job openings on base whi ch makes it difficult for us spouses to find work so I'm just going a little loopy not having anything to do. Going to apply for a new opening and hope they wont discriminate against my big ol belly.

How are you feeling? Crampy, tired and bored!! Thank goodness my 5 year old keeps me busy!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Kept up with cleaning (all tile floors and a lab that sheds like crazy creates a need to sweep every day!) And I FINALLY finished packing the hospital bags.... or did I?

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now? Some aspects of discipline. His parents were extremely strict and he tends to lean towards that most of the time. I, however, tend to be more lenient (but not a pushover) who is starting to get more strict as our son gets older. I'm curious to see how is with a girl this time around.

• Options
    Due date: April 13

Any appointments? Questions? Had my weekly check up yesterday. Thought I'd be having a cervical check based on the fact that the nurse told me that I'd be having one. So I sat there pantsless while I waited for the midwife. She did my measurements and asked if I had any questions, then said "okay, well we'll see you later" so I said “so no cervical check?” And she was like “I mean if you want one.” Happy to decline it, but like she never acknowledged that I was sitting there with no pants and the sheet on. It was super awkward, which is just how my appointments (and also life) seem to go now. 

Rants/Raves?
    Rave:
    Friday starts my 100% WFH until the baby arrives! I have to come in for one morning next week, but I volunteered for that so now worried about it. 

Rant: Honestly, I feel like all I do is rant now. I have zero patience and am so uncomfortable that I have become extra sensitive and petty. I'm very much over having to socially interact with other humans in person. 

How are you feeling? Anxious. I'm struggling with sleep because of it, I'm moody because of it. The pelvic pain is horrible and I'm constantly tricking my husband into thinking I'm having contractions because I stand up or sit down too quickly and my pelvis feels like it's going to shatter. I'm just ready to be done being pregnant. Thankfully I have therapy tomorrow and that should help me reset - it's been awhile since I've had an appointment due to a lot of scheduling issues. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Some local friends threw me a shower on Sunday which was great, mostly because it gave me some time to spend with them before the baby gets here. DH nested on Sunday (our relationship is backwards) - so now our storage unit has been organized and baby stuff that we don't need yet has been placed in there and he sanitized bottles. We both attended our breastfeeding class last night where we learned a lot of helpful information. Tonight was our first choice daycare’s open house and we had to get the car seat inspected. DH was very confident that he did it right (he did not). 

There really isn't anything yet that we totally disagree on - although I’m sure that will change once this kiddo arrives. Typically our disagreements start off as casual conversations that I bring up to figure out where DH stands and turn into DH saying "I agree with you" but our approaches differ greatly. Like on teaching sportsmanship (letting a kid win games vs. not), screen time (limited, but to what extent), activities (how many, when to start, etc.). 

• Options
    tmblickleytmblickley member
    edited March 2019
    Due date:  april 25, 34 + 6

Any appointments? 34 week appt today.  Nothing to report.

Rants:  Called insurance about getting a breast pump; they gave me 8 different suppliers to contact.  Of the ones that had websites, very few were user friendly when it came to viewing my options.  Probably going to get the spectra S2 since i still have my medela PIS for traveling.

How are you feeling?  Tired and my pelvic bones/muscles hurt, but chiro can't do too much til after delivery.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  Does scheduling a house deep clean and carpet cleaning service count?

I feel like DH yells at DD a lot and is fine if she cries all the way home when we run errands, whereas I try to find more constructive ways to get her to do what I want (i.e. singing in the car or a snack). But I'm also not the SAH parent so he is either frustrated or learned to tune her out.  Maybe he'll mellow with 2 kids, or we'll have to have a talk about it.
  • Options
    @tmblickley I totally let DD cry on the way home. It’s not like I can change her, give her a snack, retrieve/refill her bottle, whatever any faster if I stop to soothe her. I’ve got about a 15 min max though, or we stop somewhere for half an hour to run around and exhaust her.
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery I had pre-e with DS (baby#2) that developed at 37 weeks. I was 2cm dilated when they induced me but not effaced or engaged. I had 3.5days of induction, mainly just trying to thin me out so they could break my waters and start pitocin. So that’s great news that you’re already thinning!. DS was born at exactly 38 weeks and scored my doctors first and only (she reminded me at my appt yesterday) perfect APGAR score.
  • Options
    Due date: 4/11

Any appointments? Questions? 37 week appointment at 3pm today!

Rants/Raves? Just so over being pregnant. I also had my first person say, "man you're grumpy..you must be really pregnant" *insert biggest eyeroll* and what was worse, I wasnt even grumpy! Just in pain at the time. Ugh. Wanted to punch them nonetheless lol

How are you feeling? Umm fine, my mucus plus fell out in one big chunk on Monday. Ever since I've been having worse BH and cramping. My hips hurt like a bunch of broken bones and  I cant sleep because I've been snoring so bad that I literally feel myself stop breathing! Doesnt matter how propped up I am.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? More packing.. finished DS1s room so baby can have the nursery!

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now?  I honestly cant think of anything, which sounds annoying but we agree on most everything. Our biggest foundation is our Christian faith so as long as we are solid on that, everything else kind of falls into place. I'm sure we will have plenty of obstacles ahead though!

• Options
    Wow, this weekly check-in in particular makes are LO's arrival feel so much more real...!!

Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? Had my 36 week appt yesterday. Had an US which confirmed my previously low-lying placenta has moved (yay!) meaning a c-section won't be necessary (at this point). However while they were measuring around in there they determined baby is only in the 13th percentile for size, so added a Non-stress test to the appt which I passed just fine - but I guess they are going to monitor me from here on out. Both DH and I were first borns, 6lbs-ish babies so I think our baby is just meant to be small. But I guess they are erring on the side of caution. Otherwise, had the GBS and cervical check and I am almost 1 cm and about 50% effaced. Baby is head down and facing my spine, so hopefully stays that way! 

Rants/Raves?  Nothing in particular comes to mind on the extreme rant or rave side -- just getting anxious/nervous/excited/full on nesting hard core

How are you feeling? Pretty good, pregnancy-wise! But am getting over an awful cold and its seemed to have turned into bronchitis. My OB called in an inhaler for the wheezing, so hopefully it clears up in the next week or so. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Washed all the baby clothes and started to pack the hospital bags. Getting our car seat installed this weekend and taking our hospital tour, so all starting to feel pretty real! After this weekend I think we'll feel ready / comfortable if the baby decides to make it's debut. 

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now?  We are first time parents are were raised pretty similarly when it comes to parents/family, religion, activities, education, etc., so thus far we haven't identified any major issues...but I'm sure little things will turn up as we actually start parenting!  

@loveanddatadrivenGood luck with the preparing of guns, agree that is a bigger issue and would be of concern to me as well. But agree with what others have said that it sounds like you both have the LO's best interest and safety in mind. 

@mesweettea I haven't had Braxton Hicks, either!  I've been reading about them for weeks but don't think i've noticed anything. Every once in a while I'll get a tight feeling in one spot of my stomach, but I asked at my appt yesterday and OB said that's probably just the baby moving, since it's not all over. But she didn't seem too concerned that I haven't been feeling them. 

• Options
    @blueberrymomma

Would you mind sharing the plan? I had hemorrhaging with my older daughter so when I had my last doctor they preemptively gave me a med which was  shot in my rear end. My doctor said this time due to my age she wanted to do rectal Cyotec. Which sounds awful to me. So I was just curios what your plan was. 
  • Options
    My husband is a police officer and having guns in the house is what bothers me most about his job.  He wanted the guns to be loaded and ready to go.  I expressed my reasons and fears with him and we were able to come to a compromise.  He loads the clips but keeps them in a separate part of our very large safe.  We do not allow our son even in the room when the safe is being opened.  Kids are observant and we don’t want to risk him seeing part of the code.  I also decided that toy guns would not be allowed in our house.  I grew up playing with them, but I do not feel comfortable with my son associating gun and play.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @blueberrymomma

Would you mind sharing the plan? I had hemorrhaging with my older daughter so when I had my last doctor they preemptively gave me a med which was  shot in my rear end. My doctor said this time due to my age she wanted to do rectal Cyotec. Which sounds awful to me. So I was just curios what your plan was. 
    We didn’t write it down so I can’t recall the different meds she listed. First she said they would start the pitocin immediately to get my uterus to start to close(that was why I hemmerraged, my uterus wasnt closing) along with another drug. Then there were three others she listed that would help if needed. However, she said all the meds would my administrated through an IV, nothing about rectal. I believe I had that rectal cyotec with DS after my blood transfusion, it’s just a little pill then stick in you, awkward but no big deal(TMI it gave me instant diarrhea) 

edit to add: she also told me if I go into labor naturally (fingers crossed) without an induction and since I haven’t shown any signs of pre-e yet, that my odds of hemorrhaging go down significantly
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma

We didn’t write it down so I can’t recall the different meds she listed. First she said they would start the pitocin immediately to get my uterus to start to close(that was why I hemmerraged, my uterus wasnt closing) along with another drug. Then there were three others she listed that would help if needed. However, she said all the meds would my administrated through an IV, nothing about rectal. I believe I had that rectal cyotec with DS after my blood transfusion, it’s just a little pill then stick in you, awkward but no big deal(TMI it gave me instant diarrhea) 

edit to add: she also told me if I go into labor naturally (fingers crossed) without an induction and since I haven’t shown any signs of pre-e yet, that my odds of hemorrhaging go down significantly
    Thanks!!! I am not sure concerned because my last one went just fine just more curious what other docs were doing! 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about the group B strep test. Pregnancy brain is killing me this time around.

Rants/Raves? Rave: We are having beautiful sunshine weather, almost summer like weather (I was wearing a winter coat as it snowed last week, now I'm in shorts and a tank top)... DD is loving playing outside and everything just feels better. Plus I'm loving our new home!

How are you feeling? Super pregnant some days.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Finally made baby's crib, cleared out a few more boxes.

GTKY: What's something you and your partner disagree/disagreed about when it comes to child-raising? How did you resolve it or where does the issue stand now? So far, nothing major with DD. We'll see once there's 2 though! We are hoping to take the kids on a missions trip to Africa in the future but differ on when we feel #2 will be ready/safe to travel to a rural foreign area.

• Options
    Due date: 4/1

Any appointments? Had a regular check-in today. My midwife said next week they could do a cervical check and try to get things started.  Trying to decide how I feel about that.  The latest it sounds like they will let me go is 4/3 or 4/4 due to my previous medical history etc. 

Questions? I found my old pump (from 2012) Medela Freestyle.  A friend is loaning me her Symphony for work.  Do you think there's any reason to get a new pump?  My husband suggested I could use the prescription from my midwife to rent another Symphony so I had access to a hospital grade pump at work and at home.  Thoughts?

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? I'm so tired.  I'm also a little freaked out because I often feel like my heart is racing especially at night.  BH have started making my head throb worse.  It's not a pain issue just a paranoia.  I'm starting to feel like a walking time bomb.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  Getting a car seat, got the TENS machine from my doula, getting the changing table out of DS's room.  We're in the end game now.

My partner and I have different levels of worry/anxiety when it comes to parenting.  He worries more and I'm more laid back.  I think it annoys him that I don't get upset about somethings.  But over time we've worked it out to be a good balance.  It took awhile for me to realize that occasionally it is fun to single parent because DS and I can just go mommy style and not worry about the same things.  We had a lot of the discussion about values before we got married and also before we got pregnant.