November 2019 Moms

(TW) Spotting Support Thread

Spotting can be normal in early pregnancy, but can also be scary.  General TW for this thread. Post here to give/get support if you are dealing with spotting.

Re: (TW) Spotting Support Thread

• I checked in on the symptoms thread first, I had some spotting this morning which was pink, and then it went away, and now it seems to be coming back. I called my OB, and spoke with a nurse, and she basically said to call back if my cramps get worse and the bleeding gets more like a period, but nothing to do at this point. 
  • @creamcheeseplease continue to monitor it girl. Hopefully it’s old blood or from implantation bleeding. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had some here and there, but light in color, no feelings or cramping like a period is starting. Still cant help but worry about it. I'm like a nervous Nellie right now and I'm usually able to just go with the flow! Lol
  • @kerbie821 I'm glad you don't have any cramping. Hopefully it stops soon. Have you spoken to your OB about it? 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I planned on calling if it continues through the weekend!
  • I’ve had a tiny bit. More like red streaks in CM or lightly pink tinged CM. Some of my friends suggested it might be an irritable cervix/uterus. As long as it’s not filling a pad or with bad cramps I’m trying not to worry!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kerbie821 definitely call if it continues and you’re still concerned! I hope yours stops though. 

@alm52386 yeah I agree with you I’m trying to not worry too much if it’s not filling a pad. I hope yours stops as well! 
  • I haven't had anymore since yesterday morning! @creamcheeseplease I read somewhere that straining can cause some spotting. I think that's what happened to me yesterday!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @creamcheeseplease and @alm52386 so glad to hear it seems to have let up/slowed down!
  • I just experienced some light spotting. I was playing a dancing video game with my daughter and husband, went to pee and when I wiped there was some red streaks. I called the nurse line and they said it can be normal but I’m still soooo worried. They said to monitor it and come in if it gets heavier or I start cramping. I’ve experienced cramping in and off for a week but it’s not like period cramps at all. I’m just trying to relax the best that I can right now. 
  • Mine seems to have stopped, thanks for checking!
  • @kimo229 I know it’s tough to relax through this. Did it stop after you stopped the dance video? How are you doing today?
  • @creamcheeseplease It continued for a few hours after but it lightened up to almost nothing by a few hours. I woke up this morning and no spotting. I’m still worried but feeling a little better about it. I have my first ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. Thank you for checking on me! 
  • @kimo229 First tri is so scary. It's good you can tell the difference between normal menstrual cramping and early pregnancy cramping. That kind of cramping paired with spotting would be torturous. Keep us updated. 
  • I have been experiencing spotting for the past few days. Before the spotting came I was experiencing lower back pain and cramping. I ended up having to go to the ER because the back pain and cramps got pretty bad and my doctor’s office was closed :/ After doing several tests the ER doctor told me it is hard to tell what is going on because I am so early in my pregnancy but my pregnancy count levels were where they should. Since my hospital visit I have not been lifting or putting any type of stress on my body and my cramping has stopped and so has the back pain, the spotting is still occurring but very little. My doctor can’t get me in until Thursday so I am anxiously waiting to see what is going on until then. This would be baby #2 for us and my pregnancy with my daughter was so smooth this has totally caught me off guard. We are trying to be as positive as we can until we get more answers. 
  • @pb0801 I'm so sorry. That sounds awful. I would rest as much as possible and drink a ton of water (supposedly helps with cramps). Keep us updated. 
  • @pb0801 I'm sorry you are going through that, that sounds very stressful. Definitely try to rest as much as you can. I'm glad the cramping has let up some.
  • @emeraldcity1214 I will! Thank you! 
  • @creamcheeseplease yes it was pretty stressful and scary at first. I will, thank you! 
  • Had an ultrasound and they noticed a small subchorionic hematoma.  My sister is due 6 days before me and she was diagnosed last week with two small ones. She has bled and I haven’t. I’m a little nervous for both of us but am very hopeful!
  • @MusicalFamily FX for both you and your sister that all will be well!
  • @MusicalFamily sending positive vibes to you and your sister! Hopefully both yours and your sisters resolve themselves 
  • @musicalfamily I had one last pregnancy. Mine was huge though so a much bigger deal. I was told to basically be on modified bedrest. If it's small, hopefully it will heal easily. I definitely wouldn't be doing any kind of exercise. They can grow as easily as the shrink. Mine shrank by half in 1 week and then grew back half of that within a few days. 

• @MusicalFamily I had a large SCH and some small ones last pregnancy as well- it was nerve racking and terrifying but now I have a happy healthy 11 month old! I was told basically no exercising, absolutely no lifting, and take it very easy. Thinking of you!
  • I got back from a walk and had a few spots on blood on my undies. The spots look red-ish but when I wipe it's just brown and barely there. I've never had spotting during a pregnancy, so it a little concerning but I'm trying not to stress. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gumby22c how are you doing? Brown equals old blood so that is always a good thing. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 thanks for asking. It's off and on and I really only notice it when I wipe, and not every time. I know brown is the better color to see and since it's so few and far between, I'm feeling slightly reassured. I have been having mild cramping off and on as well since it started too.
  • @gumby22c have you called your OB? I would call since there is also cramping. Drink lots of water, DH (ER doc) always says that helps relieve cramps during pregnancy. Also, I would take it easy. Rest as much as possible. Hopefully it stops and doesn't happen again. Keep us updated. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm still with my RE and not an OB yet, but yes I've called them. But since my spotting is barely there, as is the cramping there not much they can do at the moment. I have an appt for an u/s Friday already with them, so the nurse said unless the spotting picks up or the cramps get bad just come in Friday as planned. I did rest and drink a ton of water yesterday after first noticing the spotting.

The cramps are gone this morning, as is the spotting so far.
  • @gumby22c good, I hope it stays away. Hugs ❤ I know the fear that comes with that combination. I'm keeping you and this baby in my prayers. 
  • Had my first experience with spotting (3rd pregnancy) yesterday. Bright red blood in my underwear and some when I wiped. I, of course, panicked. After that, no more bleeding and no cramping. I have an US today at 3 so I'm praying that I get to see little bean all safe and snug.
  • @Rawa1416 hopefully everything is fine at the US. I will be thinking of you. Keep us updated. 
  • I had a bit of spotting the other night after sex. It was the first time we'd done it since FET. Was a bit disconcerting for a few hours, but was gone by morning. Anyone else have this happen? 
  • @erins_321 spotting after sex could just be from your cervix. 
  • @Rawa1416 I hope all is ok, I'm glad you have an u/s already to check it out!
  • I've been getting a little bit of red spotting after BMs. Only when I wipe, never enough to show up on a liner and it's usually gone the next time I go to pee. I'm planning to mention it at my first appointment next week, but it seems like there's nothing to be concerned about. I'm also trying to up my water consumption since I already eat a lot of fiber.